Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,405 members, 7,836,620 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:40 AM

What Odd Jobs Did You Do As Graduate Before You Got A Real Job? - Jobs/Vacancies (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What Odd Jobs Did You Do As Graduate Before You Got A Real Job? (26607 Views)

Be Honest Would You Accept This Kind Of Job As Graduate(see Salary) / How To Turn Your Internship Into A Real Job / Nairalanders: What Job Can I Do As An O'level Graduate Before Enteringuniversity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Odd Jobs Did You Do As Graduate Before You Got A Real Job? by NemzySeries(m): 9:21am On Oct 03, 2015
datkoded:
nysc levy? lol so u allow dose criminals dem dey scrape ur small 2k in the name of one illegal levy cheesy?
ma guy ne b joke Õoº°˚ ˚°ºoo....if u no pay u no go sign attendance during CDS & dem go table ur matter b4 Zonal inspector during monthly clearance/meetings......sha I don do ma final clearance so cum 15th of dis month I go Pass out God's grace

1 Like

Re: What Odd Jobs Did You Do As Graduate Before You Got A Real Job? by lexaydfg(m): 9:32am On Oct 03, 2015
Immatex:

West African Catering PH, Head Office in Onne
Thanks sir
Re: What Odd Jobs Did You Do As Graduate Before You Got A Real Job? by Janyves(m): 11:40am On Oct 03, 2015
If you're reading this and you're about graduating, serving..... Make sure you master your dexterity well. @ least one economically viable skill, especially one that tallies with your discipline. Nigeria is evolving, so hate it or love it, only the tough will have it going on. Lastly be optimistic, keep friends who see solutions instead of problems and positive. I got a job 6 weeks after nysc p.o.p. But b4 then.... I spent my service year exploring and experimenting. As the saying goes.... NO FOOD FOR LAZY MAN
PEACE

1 Like

Re: What Odd Jobs Did You Do As Graduate Before You Got A Real Job? by manie(m): 1:04pm On Oct 03, 2015
Snowflake002:
There is, my friend. Pray life doesn't show you undecided
Life is not fair, and you should not expect it to be fair. I do not see any job as being odd provided I can legitimately pay my bills through the job. We must learn how to pay the price in order to win the prize. The only odd jobs are armed robbery, drug pushing, pipeline vandais, 419ners and other illegitimate jobs.

2 Likes

Re: What Odd Jobs Did You Do As Graduate Before You Got A Real Job? by manie(m): 1:19pm On Oct 03, 2015
Snowflake002:
Mr. Man, there's everything odd about some jobs lipsrsealed There are some jobs that one should never be found doing, but due to condition, they do it. That's a perfect example of an odd job angry If you think you need the 'experience', you should decide on your own, not situations forcing you into it. Jst pray that life never teaches you, in practical sense what an odd job is undecided
My brother you need to change your mindset and expectation about life and the labour market. The jobs outlined are not really odd, the odd jobs I know are crime, drug pushing, pipeline vandalism, hired assassins and other illegitimate activities.

1 Like

Re: What Odd Jobs Did You Do As Graduate Before You Got A Real Job? by dsavant(m): 1:25pm On Oct 03, 2015
MadCow1:

Connection ke?

I no get o..

Meanwhile what's your qualification? I work for a Nigerian EPCC company. Are you an Engineer cos that's what they most often need..

I once asked for a qualified buyer here on Nairaland. Only got one response. Unfortunately he was pitted against a few resumes from guys with experience with other oil and gas companies and so he lost out.

Let me know what your qualification is first and I will know if I can be of help to you. No Promises.. I don't have any connection what so ever.
please contact me with 07083841880. Am still a security guard after 1yr of service. I have HND In Mechanical engineering.thanks
Re: What Odd Jobs Did You Do As Graduate Before You Got A Real Job? by Nobody: 4:33pm On Oct 03, 2015
toyejohnson:
hbd Ma'am, wullnp! cry hbd Ma'am, wullnp!
thank you sir !
Re: What Odd Jobs Did You Do As Graduate Before You Got A Real Job? by benELOHIM7(m): 5:48pm On Oct 03, 2015
I just finished my degree exam and jobless at the moment. I am proficient in autocad and landgem. I also gained good lecturing skills from teaching my colleagues back in school. I studied chemical engineering in river state university of science and technology. I am available for any kind of job, whether as a utility staff or as a teacher. Kind people of nairaland please help me afford the least recharge card for myself.
Re: What Odd Jobs Did You Do As Graduate Before You Got A Real Job? by Nobody: 12:02am On Oct 05, 2015
I was a roustabout to a tiler.
Re: What Odd Jobs Did You Do As Graduate Before You Got A Real Job? by Eddodoh(m): 7:34am On Oct 05, 2015
I worked in a hotel as a porter for 6+yrs (2005-2012) within dis period i used d opportunity to sponsor myself in school.

My salary was 6k, subsequently roused to #8, 500 & later #9,500. As a porter, i welcome customer, received their luggage's, check them into d hotel rooms. I also clean d hotel premises & toilets.

I stayed on d job for that long because of d opportunity it offer me. I started from ND till I completed my HND. I got promoted to Receptionist few months to go for NYSC. I later resigned to participate in d National Service scheme.
I still used d work experience on my CV though i omit d porter position but i put it that i worked for 6 yrs as a Receptionist.

Even though i am not where i want to be, thank God that i am not where i used to be.
I presently work as Customer Care Rep in a call center.

I am considering removing d Hotel work experience from CV cos it seem most employers focus on post-grad job experience. My opinion though!

2 Likes

Re: What Odd Jobs Did You Do As Graduate Before You Got A Real Job? by Kennyfancy(m): 3:42pm On Oct 07, 2015
YOUNGKAHUNA:
what's your location?
am in delta state, pls cn u link me up
Re: What Odd Jobs Did You Do As Graduate Before You Got A Real Job? by YOUNGKAHUNA: 5:16pm On Oct 07, 2015
Kennyfancy:
am in delta state, pls cn u link me up
I'm in Jos bro....quiet some distance
Re: What Odd Jobs Did You Do As Graduate Before You Got A Real Job? by Justiceotuya(m): 9:34pm On Nov 18, 2015
lexaydfg:
Served at kwara 2015, stayed back and started a typing examination questions business for my PPA and another, was earning 12-15k for that, and now am teaching (pry 3 pupils) in a private school for 10k...

I believe before the end of this year, i will get a better job.
Are you still at kwara?
Re: What Odd Jobs Did You Do As Graduate Before You Got A Real Job? by lexaydfg(m): 8:48am On Nov 19, 2015
Justiceotuya:
Are you still at kwara?
Yeah am still hustling at kwara state
Re: What Odd Jobs Did You Do As Graduate Before You Got A Real Job? by itstpia8: 3:24pm On Apr 07, 2016
There is nothing ODD about any JOB as long as it pays the bill . . .
The only thing is that you are learning and expanding your knowledge. That same Odd Job is someone else prayer point.

Fact.
Re: What Odd Jobs Did You Do As Graduate Before You Got A Real Job? by itstpia8: 3:28pm On Apr 07, 2016
Eddodoh:
I worked in a hotel as a porter for 6+yrs (2005-2012) within dis period i used d opportunity to sponsor myself in school.

My salary was 6k, subsequently roused to #8, 500 & later #9,500. As a porter, i welcome customer, received their luggage's, check them into d hotel rooms. I also clean d hotel premises & toilets.

I stayed on d job for that long because of d opportunity it offer me. I started from ND till I completed my HND. I got promoted to Receptionist few months to go for NYSC. I later resigned to participate in d National Service scheme.
I still used d work experience on my CV though i omit d porter position but i put it that i worked for 6 yrs as a Receptionist.

Even though i am not where i want to be, thank God that i am not where i used to be.
I presently work as Customer Care Rep in a call center.

I am considering removing d Hotel work experience from CV cos it seem most employers focus on post-grad job experience. My opinion though!

Yes, customer care experience is not really rated highly by employers unless its for a minimum wage offer.
Re: What Odd Jobs Did You Do As Graduate Before You Got A Real Job? by itstpia8: 3:29pm On Apr 07, 2016
HungerBAD:
Did so many.

Wait make i think which one bad pass.

lolz.
Re: What Odd Jobs Did You Do As Graduate Before You Got A Real Job? by samjadinero(m): 6:07pm On Apr 07, 2016
I'm set to take up a club or hotel job if I don't get the Police job.
Re: What Odd Jobs Did You Do As Graduate Before You Got A Real Job? by Eddodoh(m): 7:10pm On Apr 07, 2016
itstpia8:

Yes, customer care experience is not really rated highly by employers unless its for a minimum wage offer.
What do advice I do?
Re: What Odd Jobs Did You Do As Graduate Before You Got A Real Job? by itstpia8: 3:58pm On Apr 10, 2016
Eddodoh:

What do advice I do?

Probably people on ground might be able to advise you better, its hard to know exactly what obtains if you're not right where the advice is needed.

Maybe finetune your customer service skills by going for advanced training in hospitality or hotel management or something?

Thats if you prefer to stay in that field.

Otherwise, perhaps try to get opportunities in what you studied in school although this might be easier said than done.

1 Like

Re: What Odd Jobs Did You Do As Graduate Before You Got A Real Job? by Mbamifeanyi(m): 7:04pm On Apr 10, 2016
Having gone through all the coments here, my broda life no easy.
I just graduated and will b going for my NYSC by October.
I am currently working in my dads Enterprise where he pays my 20k with trans and food allowance.(without even going to work sometimes) I don't like the job bc it is not in line of study. I am looking forward to work voluntarily with any building or civil Engr in the construction field.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Phillips Outsourcing Invitation For Interview / Common Interview Questions And How To Answer Them / Immigration Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.