Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,954 members, 7,817,797 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:55 PM

University Of Ibadan Ranked Among World’s Top 800 Universities - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Ibadan Ranked Among World’s Top 800 Universities (55288 Views)

University Of Ibadan Ranked Among World’s Best / University Of Ibadan Ranked Best University In Nigeria [see Top 100] / Covenant University Tops In Research Endeavors Among World Universities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Of Ibadan Ranked Among World’s Top 800 Universities by Dawdy(m): 12:52pm On Oct 02, 2015
University of Ibadan UI nibi ti sanmanti ti dunle.

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan Ranked Among World’s Top 800 Universities by Chidimercy: 12:52pm On Oct 02, 2015
hw does dat stop Me frm bagging 2.1 In esut?
Re: University Of Ibadan Ranked Among World’s Top 800 Universities by Touchey: 12:53pm On Oct 02, 2015
nick16:
nawa o. I want to ask, what is wrong with Nigeria's educational system? Is it the curriculum or lecturers or students?

Both, or simply because they spend more time outside the school than when they are supposed to be in school
Re: University Of Ibadan Ranked Among World’s Top 800 Universities by Nobody: 12:54pm On Oct 02, 2015
nice, buh what happens to the likes of Unizik, Uniben, UNN ? they ought to be on the list you know.
#justsaying.
Re: University Of Ibadan Ranked Among World’s Top 800 Universities by Yustash001(m): 12:54pm On Oct 02, 2015
OZAOEKPE:
"no school like better by far". Quote me anywhere
better by far kor....better by speed ni....dem dey animals with horn Snail self dey show face...
Re: University Of Ibadan Ranked Among World’s Top 800 Universities by Rex123(m): 12:54pm On Oct 02, 2015
UI has better educational systems than most Universities in Nigeria! The quality of the students there are just questionable! Uniben used to send her botany students in year 3 to UI!

This ranking could be true!

6 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan Ranked Among World’s Top 800 Universities by NE555: 12:56pm On Oct 02, 2015
If not in corruption, in any other things we can't not be among first ten.
Re: University Of Ibadan Ranked Among World’s Top 800 Universities by Nobody: 12:59pm On Oct 02, 2015
allanphash7:
Where is covenant university and the likes ?

#teampremiere
...they are in their local areas....

2 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan Ranked Among World’s Top 800 Universities by BALLOSKI: 1:00pm On Oct 02, 2015
c4tnoelz:
UI ke? wat of covenant or ABU?
they rigged a.b.u out of it. undecided embarassed cry
Re: University Of Ibadan Ranked Among World’s Top 800 Universities by owie05(m): 1:00pm On Oct 02, 2015
AM NT SEEING MY SCH ON D LIST. CAN SOME ONE HELP ...... cool
Re: University Of Ibadan Ranked Among World’s Top 800 Universities by chiedu7: 1:02pm On Oct 02, 2015
BALLOSKI:
they rigged a.b.u out of it. undecided embarassed cry

Western Education is forbidden in the Islamic North.

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan Ranked Among World’s Top 800 Universities by BALLOSKI: 1:02pm On Oct 02, 2015
Yustash001:
better by far kor....better by speed ni ....dem dey animals with horn Snail self dey show face...
ayaf die grin grin

Which school is better by far sef?
Re: University Of Ibadan Ranked Among World’s Top 800 Universities by BALLOSKI: 1:03pm On Oct 02, 2015
chiedu7:

Western Education is forbidden in the Islamic North.
sharrap! We more educated people in the north than in the south.
Re: University Of Ibadan Ranked Among World’s Top 800 Universities by davidsonkuti: 1:05pm On Oct 02, 2015
Yet if students frm naija go 2 those self acclaimed best uni we alwys come out in flyin colours, world best or nt seriouse naija students are better of anywhere!! If I graduated with 2.2 in UI take me 2 Oxford uni I bet I will bag first class. proudly naija mehhhhhhn!!!
Re: University Of Ibadan Ranked Among World’s Top 800 Universities by Gamesmart: 1:09pm On Oct 02, 2015
Republlican:

Why are all universities in Africa on 01 numbering cheesy

Because they are in a batch.

401st - 500th position group of universities etc.

They are not definitely 401st.
Re: University Of Ibadan Ranked Among World’s Top 800 Universities by joeybankz: 1:18pm On Oct 02, 2015
UI is on the list maybe because it is the oldest university in Naija.... Nigeria still got great schools like, Uniben, Unilag, UNN, ABU, Unizik.... anyway I knw send any ranking from these white dudes! When u loook at the ranking, FIFA ranking comes to mind....
Re: University Of Ibadan Ranked Among World’s Top 800 Universities by stevealibi: 1:19pm On Oct 02, 2015
So what's so special about covenant university. Over hyped I guess..[/quote]. That's the question Nce holders ask.

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan Ranked Among World’s Top 800 Universities by hakeem4(m): 1:21pm On Oct 02, 2015
allanphash7:
Where is covenant university and the likes ?

I

#teampremiere
by 2022 we'd be top ten in the world

2 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan Ranked Among World’s Top 800 Universities by kariz(m): 1:24pm On Oct 02, 2015
Facebook.com/theWiredcampus

Education is the bedrock of every society... The better your schools, the better your society.
Re: University Of Ibadan Ranked Among World’s Top 800 Universities by Nobody: 1:29pm On Oct 02, 2015
BALLOSKI:
sharrap! We more educated people in the north than in the south.
Lol, in Kaduna abi? I was right. Bali how are you doing?
Re: University Of Ibadan Ranked Among World’s Top 800 Universities by Nobody: 1:31pm On Oct 02, 2015
Any list, MIT and HARVARD are ranked 5th and 6th respectively is crap.
Re: University Of Ibadan Ranked Among World’s Top 800 Universities by hollowpot15684(m): 1:31pm On Oct 02, 2015
My OAU brothers will be like wtf , what is all those wahala for??
Re: University Of Ibadan Ranked Among World’s Top 800 Universities by willian10: 1:33pm On Oct 02, 2015
They just chose UI to consider Nigeria university as a whole on there ranking
I don't think they've been to UI sef just the reputation as a University in Nigeria
If those criteria are to be considered well, some like strike, rate of cultism.... UI won't make the top 4000 university sef
Don't quote me if u know u re silly!
Re: University Of Ibadan Ranked Among World’s Top 800 Universities by Missy89(f): 1:35pm On Oct 02, 2015
UI cool
Re: University Of Ibadan Ranked Among World’s Top 800 Universities by Yustash001(m): 1:40pm On Oct 02, 2015
BALLOSKI:
ayaf die grin grin

Which school is better by far sef?
University of Ilorin...
Re: University Of Ibadan Ranked Among World’s Top 800 Universities by fawaazsanni(m): 1:47pm On Oct 02, 2015
Na dem sabi oo..me i sha know say their students no fit stand us at all..na skul dem dey rank abi?..why dem no fit rank d quality of students produced..let their first class come nd study in naija if he no go end up with 2nd class lower or even 3rd class..kudos to all nigerian students jare..one day we will get to d top
Re: University Of Ibadan Ranked Among World’s Top 800 Universities by willian10: 1:59pm On Oct 02, 2015
fawaazsanni:
Na dem sabi oo..me i sha know say their students no fit stand us at all..na skul dem dey rank abi?..why dem no fit rank d quality of students produced..let their first class come nd study in naija if he no go end up with 2nd class lower or even 3rd class..kudos to all nigerian students jare..one day we will get to d top
Yeah, they'll have even 3rd class but the funniest thing is that they'll secure job faster with the 2nd class certificate in der school with the 1st class here both in Nigeria and International level, that's life bro

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan Ranked Among World’s Top 800 Universities by Nobody: 2:04pm On Oct 02, 2015
SENTIMENTS APART. UI IS A VERY GOOD SCHOOL. ASK STUDENTS FROM OTHER SCHOOLS THAT JUST WROTE UI POST GRADUATE QUALIFICATION EXAM, MOST OF THEM WERE COMPLAINING BITTERLY. I REMEMBER DURING ONE MSC SOCIOLOGY CLASS WHEN ONE COVENANT GUY WAS TRYING TO PROVE EFIKO BECAUSE HE GRADUATED WITH A FIRST CLASS, JUST A SIMPLE QUESTION ON 'THOMAS HOBBES STATE OF NATURE THEORY' THREW HIM OFF BALANCE AND FOR THE REST OF THE SESSION HE DARES NOT FORM GRAGRA. UI STUDENTS DO NOT MAKE NOISE ABOUT BEING THE BEST; WE ARE ALWAYS CALM AND RESERVED BECAUSE WE WERE TRAINED TO BE MORE OF AN ANALYST THAN NOISE MAKERS CLAIMING TO BE BETTER BY FAR. WE ARE ALWAYS SEEKING FOR KNOWLEDGE AND SOUND JUDGEMENT NOT MEDIOCRITY JUDGEMENT:THIS DIFFERENTIATES US FROM OTHER SCHOOLS IN NIGERIA. WE ARE STILL HOPING TO GET BETTER AND IMPROVE ON OUR DEVELOPING ACADEMIC STANDARDS AND I CAN ASSURE YOU ALL THAT VERY SOON UNIBADAN WILL BE A WORLD WIDE RENOWNED NAME.

....RECTE SAPERE FONS

5 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan Ranked Among World’s Top 800 Universities by Akinrogun(m): 2:05pm On Oct 02, 2015
Rex123:
UI has better educational systems than most Universities in Nigeria! The quality of the students there are just unquestionable! Uniben used to send her botany students in year 3 to UI!

This ranking could be true!
Fixed!
Re: University Of Ibadan Ranked Among World’s Top 800 Universities by cutelover19(m): 2:16pm On Oct 02, 2015
This list a hoax, how can so many universities rank 601st. Abegiii
Re: University Of Ibadan Ranked Among World’s Top 800 Universities by Epukaa: 2:23pm On Oct 02, 2015
While those African countries are the best in ranking, our graduates are the best internationally in terms of output.
Re: University Of Ibadan Ranked Among World’s Top 800 Universities by BALLOSKI: 2:30pm On Oct 02, 2015
Oyind17:

Lol, in Kaduna abi? I was right. Bali how are you doing?
I just don't know what you are talking about. I'm not the person you think I am. I don't know you, I just felt like advising you. I guess your supposed guy who you mistake me for is the only notherner on this forum.

Don't link me to anybody again, pls.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

OOU Loses A 300level Female Student- See Her Photo / Parents Should Stop Doing This Because Of Their Children's Future / Oko Polytechnic Rector Weeps As Corrupt Lecturer Is Exposed By ACTU (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.