Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,768 members, 7,817,117 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:21 AM

Nigeria's 5 Best Universities For Postgraduate Studies; Their Costs & Duration - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigeria's 5 Best Universities For Postgraduate Studies; Their Costs & Duration (137602 Views)

Top 10 Universities For Information Technology Career In Nigeria / 10 Reasons Why You Should Go For Postgraduate Studies / Top 5 Nigerian Universities For Postgraduate Studies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria's 5 Best Universities For Postgraduate Studies; Their Costs & Duration by pus30: 2:27am On Oct 03, 2015
grin
Re: Nigeria's 5 Best Universities For Postgraduate Studies; Their Costs & Duration by pus30: 3:23am On Oct 03, 2015
Re: Nigeria's 5 Best Universities For Postgraduate Studies; Their Costs & Duration by jackpot(f): 5:29am On Oct 03, 2015
Remove Nnamdi Azikiwe University from the list. Some departments there graduate less than a student per year. Those that graduated spend 4 to 7 years. I have a friend doing his programme there since 2009. Defence is not even in sight for him.
Re: Nigeria's 5 Best Universities For Postgraduate Studies; Their Costs & Duration by obiak4(m): 5:49am On Oct 03, 2015
Evathyst:
Tell that your friend that he's still lucky it is not in OAU. that 24 months he would have spent it driving his supervisor (one who would probably be a professor) all around Osun state before being asked what his project topic is.

Fear OAU o! Those of us wey dem give injury for final year will tell you better. wink
so so true reminising back in d days when i was a research student with one of the prof's oboy pg stident dey suffer and spend money
some of dis prof are saddist,kurrofft (pmb pun) pg student fit contribute buy car b4 dem approve ur thesis
my candid advice msc,phd, just go abroad if u no want a furstrated life schooling
Re: Nigeria's 5 Best Universities For Postgraduate Studies; Their Costs & Duration by acorntree(m): 8:14am On Oct 03, 2015
I thought Lasu is the worst but now have a rethink. But why are these schools run like this? Not adhering to time frame-duration of the programme. if all students can not graduate at the same time due to one problem or another, those who are through with their thesis should be graduated without unnecessary delay. time is money.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's 5 Best Universities For Postgraduate Studies; Their Costs & Duration by acorntree(m): 8:17am On Oct 03, 2015
obiak4:

so so true reminising back in d days when i was a research student with one of the prof's oboy pg stident dey suffer and spend money
some of dis prof are saddist,kurrofft (pmb pun) pg student fit contribute buy car b4 dem approve ur thesis
my candid advice msc,phd, just go abroad if u no want a furstrated life schooling

buy a car , just because of certificate.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's 5 Best Universities For Postgraduate Studies; Their Costs & Duration by onyeogalu1(m): 8:39am On Oct 03, 2015
akomst:

Why do u care sir I better not speak much
I need info about the school. I will send you pm
Re: Nigeria's 5 Best Universities For Postgraduate Studies; Their Costs & Duration by neo25(m): 9:45am On Oct 03, 2015
May i use this medium to sound it to everyone and sundry...FUTO!! P.G courses are getting longer and highly frustrating,it drags upto 2,3yrs.when one manages to complete course-work it takes forever to get a lecturer to guide one in projects..FUTO is no go area

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's 5 Best Universities For Postgraduate Studies; Their Costs & Duration by jonnayo(m): 10:01am On Oct 03, 2015
SonOfEl:

btw N200000 and N250000.

Please is this for the whole program or tuition only?
Re: Nigeria's 5 Best Universities For Postgraduate Studies; Their Costs & Duration by chupcake(m): 10:19am On Oct 03, 2015
fav444:
Funaab deserves to be there joor

My tots exactly
Re: Nigeria's 5 Best Universities For Postgraduate Studies; Their Costs & Duration by arshad880(m): 11:09am On Oct 03, 2015
Oga U try but as U no put my school.... I vex. I Rep OAU
Re: Nigeria's 5 Best Universities For Postgraduate Studies; Their Costs & Duration by Everyday4(m): 12:23pm On Oct 03, 2015
How good and fast is the pgd programme of the nigerian institute of management? Heard there certificate is giving by OAU.
Re: Nigeria's 5 Best Universities For Postgraduate Studies; Their Costs & Duration by tuk2ato(m): 1:15pm On Oct 03, 2015
You better apply to UI or UNILAG, OAU will waste your precious time, trust me, i have 2 degrees from OAU, so i know better.
Simitrendy:
Unilorin is cool tho but the way they treat PG students is not different from the way they treat we Undergraduates... Lol at most times they use dress code for PG students. I'll prefer to do my PGS at OAU. TeamBBF! #BetterByFar. #TeamOKEodoBoys.
Re: Nigeria's 5 Best Universities For Postgraduate Studies; Their Costs & Duration by pus30: 2:13pm On Oct 03, 2015
Re: Nigeria's 5 Best Universities For Postgraduate Studies; Their Costs & Duration by larrytorch(m): 2:57pm On Oct 03, 2015
fav444:
Funaab deserves to be there joor

Abeg park well ! Funaab ke? A school wher d lecturers treat their students lyk Undergraduates
Re: Nigeria's 5 Best Universities For Postgraduate Studies; Their Costs & Duration by 4soft(m): 3:50pm On Oct 03, 2015
My view
4soft:
Wow! And here I was thinking of leaving unilorin for uniben for Computer science masters. Seriously I have seen guys frustrated out of thier masters program by one school or the other. Pls dont just buy form go to the school and find out... While still waiting for unilorin masters admission I went to uniben to by Msc in computer science form last week and decided to take a trip to the dept b4 buy, I spoke to a few guys in the dept, who told me that if unilorin finally give me admission I should rush there as dox they started the same time with were already through with thier masters in unilorin, while them had not written even their 1st exam. Buh pls note that there are dept that are very fast too in uniben like physics. Just do well to go to the sch, then dept b4 buying...for me am still considering cos unilorin is a whole new environment for me considering I stay in Benin And UG was at unizik(and yes I saw masters students of unizik coming to write unilorin entrance, not as fast as ug days and don't tell me they are not intelligent cos they are )
Re: Nigeria's 5 Best Universities For Postgraduate Studies; Their Costs & Duration by softwhispers: 6:23pm On Oct 03, 2015
ameer2:
Post grad in A.B.U...i wish evrybody dat wants to do dat goodluck.I cn assure yhu instead of doin 18months yu ll do lyk 5 years without graduating due to saddist lecturers dat dnt want u to reach their feat.Esp in Mathematics department
Never use a part to judge the whole - that's an error in logical discourse!
My sis just completed her M.A in ABU on schedule (18 months).
Would have opted for that school but for distance.
Re: Nigeria's 5 Best Universities For Postgraduate Studies; Their Costs & Duration by princebergz(m): 9:23pm On Oct 03, 2015
ameer2:
Post grad in A.B.U...i wish evrybody dat wants to do dat goodluck.I cn assure yhu instead of doin 18months yu ll do lyk 5 years without graduating due to saddist lecturers dat dnt want u to reach their feat.Esp in Mathematics department

Just graduated and I really want my Masters degree in ABU (Architecture). Any heads up for me?? Thanks...
Re: Nigeria's 5 Best Universities For Postgraduate Studies; Their Costs & Duration by pus30: 1:50am On Oct 04, 2015
www.nairaland.com/attachments/2923406_2849853mapofwestafrica5jpege9eba1d3392ea873b70967857146d331_jpegd26fe05175aeeb8f147dfd8322f61b4e
www.nairaland.com/attachments/294278_chinainafrica_jpgbd4ea16cc6391fffe329bb549e5ad537

Tourist in the country of the Kingdom of Western Nigeria.

[size=38pt]Idanre resolt[/size]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAvTo8mr2rU

[size=38pt]
Araromi beach[/size]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pE97AQm6unw

[size=38pt]Jojein Resort, Ondo [/size]

[size=38pt]Chancery tennis Resort owo (for lovers of Tennis)[/size]

[size=28pt]Elizade Golf resort[/size]

[size=28pt]Ondo state Golf course
[/size]

[size=38pt]Osse River Park[/size]

[size=38pt]
Oluwa Reserve Park[/size]

[size=38pt]Ofosu Forest Park [/size]

[size=38pt] Ifon Forest Park [/size]

[size=38pt]Lacampagne Tropicana Beach Resort[/size]

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2315074_lacampagnetropicalbeachresort4_jpega940c42e2e957541033973c32e1707bf

[size=38pt]Oniru private beach [/size]

[size=38pt]Takwa Bay Beach[/size]

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2284615_tarkwabaylagos_jpegdf9cb1bdfda831986bcd1186932c7b99

[size=38pt]Ikogosi warm spring[/size]

[size=28pt]Kainji National park[/size]

[size=38pt]miccom golf resort [/size]

[size=38pt]Old Oyo national park[/size]

[size=38pt]Green Legacy Resort's [/size]

[size=38pt]Agodi Gardens[/size]

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1945889_img5019_jpeg4317f44d7c500dc54a83456be286f068

[size=38pt]
Eba Odan Grand Resort[/size]

[size=38pt]Zenababs Half Moon Resort[/size]

[size=38pt]Royal Valley Golf Resort [/size]

[size=38pt]Rosani Recreation[/size]

[size=38pt]
Okumu National park[/size]

[img]http://linksandtours.files./2013/04/206231_10150155222163019_2601330_n.jpg[/img]

[size=28pt]Lekki Nature Conservancy[/size]

[size=38pt]Omo Reserve Park[/size]

[size=38pt]Arakanga Reserve Park [/size]

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2677166_omo2_jpeg6223fa907141734ceea2f37ecbee0b52

[size=38pt]Eruwa Reserve Park [/size]

[size=38pt]Ara Forest Park[/size]

[size=38pt]Oloyan Forest Park[/size]

[size=38pt]Jebba Forest Park [/size]

[size=28pt]Ipetu Forest Park[/size]

[size=28pt]Borgu Game Reserve [/size]
Re: Nigeria's 5 Best Universities For Postgraduate Studies; Their Costs & Duration by uzolexis(f): 9:43am On Oct 04, 2015
fratermathy:

The main parameters are duration and staff strength.

One thing to be noted about PG studies is this:

If you are prospective student or even a new student, try and find out the percentage and number of how many lecturers in the department that finished from the school's PG school over the last few years (assuming it is not a new school). If you realise that the percentage is below 2% or even none, then YOU HAVE CAUSE TO WORRY!!!
Re: Nigeria's 5 Best Universities For Postgraduate Studies; Their Costs & Duration by lizmovic(m): 2:59pm On Oct 04, 2015
handsomeclouds:
Don't mind the OP. He's just being mischievous. The postgraduate school doesn't look that way.
abi na... Unilorin pg school no b new building. Definitely not unkempt.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's 5 Best Universities For Postgraduate Studies; Their Costs & Duration by free13: 9:06am On Oct 05, 2015
Hmm.
Re: Nigeria's 5 Best Universities For Postgraduate Studies; Their Costs & Duration by Profandie(m): 10:03am On Oct 05, 2015
Good morning people. .I have the intention to get my PGD in uniport. any advice on the duration(that's the main thing ).thanks in anticipation
Re: Nigeria's 5 Best Universities For Postgraduate Studies; Their Costs & Duration by Profandie(m): 10:08am On Oct 05, 2015
good morning people.just wanna get advice and info about uniport PGD and M.Sc programs (mainly the duration ).Thanks in anticipation
Re: Nigeria's 5 Best Universities For Postgraduate Studies; Their Costs & Duration by Davilis2015: 7:29am On Oct 28, 2015
Pls i want to be guided on how to fill Uniben PG refrerence form pls......the degree in view, is it the degree you are applying with or the pg you are apply for in Uniben? pls.
Re: Nigeria's 5 Best Universities For Postgraduate Studies; Their Costs & Duration by Davilis2015: 7:36am On Oct 28, 2015
Pls i want to know what is to be filled in the degree in view column in the Uniben PG reference for pls.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's 5 Best Universities For Postgraduate Studies; Their Costs & Duration by Dclique(m): 11:56am On Dec 23, 2015
According to latest NUC ranking, these are the top Universities in Nigeria

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2yjEogv9Yg
Re: Nigeria's 5 Best Universities For Postgraduate Studies; Their Costs & Duration by abeksam(m): 3:24pm On Dec 29, 2015
I want to go for my M.Sc Economics in unilorin or uniben and needs ur advice pls. which of them should I concentrate on more pls.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's 5 Best Universities For Postgraduate Studies; Their Costs & Duration by fratermathy(m): 11:32pm On Dec 29, 2015
abeksam:
I want to go for my M.Sc Economics in unilorin or uniben and needs ur advice pls. which of them should I concentrate on more pls.

Unilorin is much more desirable.
Re: Nigeria's 5 Best Universities For Postgraduate Studies; Their Costs & Duration by mosalab(m): 2:15am On Sep 10, 2016
Atandaowon:
Nigerian Defense Academy is supposed to be on the list. Their fees are affordable, the classrooms and school environment are extremely conducive and you will use exactly the assigned number of year(s) for your chosen course.
please what's the average tuition fee of NDA masters program for engineering?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's 5 Best Universities For Postgraduate Studies; Their Costs & Duration by onahsity: 6:56am On Nov 07, 2016
Pls which school is currently accepting registration for Masters Programme
Re: Nigeria's 5 Best Universities For Postgraduate Studies; Their Costs & Duration by fratermathy(m): 4:43pm On Nov 07, 2016
onahsity:
Pls which school is currently accepting registration for Masters Programme

Unical is still accepting.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Download Complete Time Table For 2012/2013 Waec / University Of Ibadan Post Graduate 2013/2014 Discussion Thread / Maritime Academy Of Nigeria, Oron Admission Application

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.