Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,999 members, 7,810,779 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:16 PM

Mtn Diamond Yello Account Limitations - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Mtn Diamond Yello Account Limitations (3353 Views)

Mtn Diamond Yellow Account Loan / 24k Gold-plated And Diamond Encrusted Iphone 7 & 7 Plus Now Available (photo) / How To Boost Your 2go Star To Black Diamond Within 1 Week (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mtn Diamond Yello Account Limitations by cooldays(m): 10:38pm On Oct 02, 2015
It is currently impossible to save into your account by converting your MTN Airtime into cash. It is still impossible to save money using your airtime. If this is done, it will encourage the savings culture among users of the DY Account.

Although MTN Nigeria claim is that you don't need to visit a bank before you open an account but in reality, that will only open a level one account for you. This level of account has a lot of limitations on both daily withdrawal and maximum available balance. To open a level two and three DY Account, you will need to visit a diamond bank branch for documentations.

There is a lot of middle man within the system. This will likely breed distrust within the people in the rural areas.

DY account don't have ATM CARDS and thereby excluded from online transactions.

http://www.gsmgist.com/2015/10/mtn-dy-account-good-features-and-its.html
Re: Mtn Diamond Yello Account Limitations by Nobody: 12:15am On Oct 03, 2015
There is bound to be criticism, limitations or disadvantage of anything or idea postulated or implemented. The essence of drawing these disadvantage is to make an individual compare the strength and weakness in making decision and then improvement of service delivery by addition or substraction. Just like saying the advantages and disadvantages of using android ,blackberry or iPhone

1 Like

Re: Mtn Diamond Yello Account Limitations by Mustiboy(m): 6:24am On Oct 03, 2015
asuustrike2009:

There is bound to be criticism, limitations or disadvantage of anything or idea postulated or implemented. The essence of drawing these disadvantage is to make an individual compare the strength and weakness in making decision and then improvement of service delivery by addition or substraction. Just like saying the advantages and disadvantages of using android ,blackberry or iPhone
your 'oyinbo' is uncalled 4, sincerely, u made an excellent nonsense.

4 Likes

Re: Mtn Diamond Yello Account Limitations by cooldays(m): 6:47am On Oct 03, 2015
In as much I don't want to engage so deranged fellow on Nairaland, I consider ur post insultive and a disgrace to the integrity of the black race.

When will a black man stop seeing another as a cheat?

With those limitations, how will a farmer in ekohinde village make use of the DY Account to it potentials?

You made a statement and insult someone else without consulting your brain as other have pointed out too.

Every system is open to criticism so as to improve If you care to know.

Thanks for the insult bro, your case might be that of a thief will surely keeps its penny away from an angel.
Re: Mtn Diamond Yello Account Limitations by Nobody: 7:29am On Oct 03, 2015
cooldays:

In as much I don't want to engage so deranged fellow on Nairaland, I consider ur post insultive and a disgrace to the integrity of the black race.

When will a black man stop seeing another as a cheat?

With those limitations, how will a farmer in ekohinde village make use of the DY Account to it potentials?

You made a statement and insult someone else without consulting your brain as other have pointed out too.

Every system is open to criticism so as to improve If you care to know.

Thanks for the insult bro, your case might be that of a thief will surely keeps its penny away from an angel.

sorry if u find my post insulting...now to the topic,that account was specifically targeted at a particular segment of the population, its not meant for everyone....you should have reasoned in that direction before coming up with your analysis of limitations and yes those restrictions are there to curtail the incidence of fraud. i seriously think you were very myopic in your analysis given the fact that there are plenty types of account one can choose from...
Re: Mtn Diamond Yello Account Limitations by DjAndroid: 7:31am On Oct 03, 2015
Etisalat - GTB account is better. But overall deposit won't go beyond 200k.
Re: Mtn Diamond Yello Account Limitations by Iolo(m): 7:49am On Oct 03, 2015
Not being able to convert airtime to money is a CBN restriction. They don't want airtime to be used in place of cash.

The other limitations are because of KYC "Know Your Customer" rules. There are 3 KYC levels. Without submitting a valid I'D / Nepa bill, you are placed on KYC level 1 which restricts your account balance and other things.

KYC applies to both Mobile Money and normal Bank Accounts.
You are most likely on the 1st hence the limitations.

1 Like

Re: Mtn Diamond Yello Account Limitations by Nobody: 9:09am On Oct 03, 2015
Mustiboy:
your 'oyinbo' is uncalled 4, sincerely, u made an excellent nonsense.
If my Oyibo non necessary, then which u dey type? It was called for because that's why you went to school in the first place
Re: Mtn Diamond Yello Account Limitations by cooldays(m): 9:23am On Oct 03, 2015
domcarez:

sorry if u find my post insulting...now to the topic,that account was specifically targeted at a particular segment of the population, its not meant for everyone....you should have reasoned in that direction before coming up with your analysis of limitations and yes those restrictions are there to curtail the incidence of fraud. i seriously think you were very myopic in your analysis given the fact that there are plenty types of account one can choose from...

My is to raise issue and it is for MTN or anyone else to explain. Someone just gave an explanation here which is informative... I have seen the acceptance of the DY account to be very low by the public. Take a statistical analysis and you will discover that discussing of its limitations will only help improve the package.

The word myopic do not come up here at all. What other mobile payment account is there from MTN that has a different feature?
Re: Mtn Diamond Yello Account Limitations by cooldays(m): 9:24am On Oct 03, 2015
Iolo:
Not being able to convert airtime to money is a CBN restriction. They don't want airtime to be used in place of cash.

The other limitations are because of KYC "Know Your Customer" rules. There are 3 KYC levels. Without submitting a valid I'D / Nepa bill, you are placed on KYC level 1 which restricts your account balance and other things.

KYC applies to both Mobile Money and normal Bank Accounts.
You are most likely on the 1st hence the limitations.

Thanks I have gained from this
Re: Mtn Diamond Yello Account Limitations by Nobody: 9:31am On Oct 03, 2015
cooldays:

My is to raise issue and it is for MTN or anyone else to explain. Someone just gave an explanation here which is informative... I have seen the acceptance of the DY account to be very low by the public. Take a statistical analysis and you will discover that discussing of its limitations will only help improve the package.

The word myopic do not come up here at all. What other mobile payment account is there from MTN that has a different feature?
No bro, the acceptance is considerably high...do you know DY account has a mobile application which gives u an edge over conventional accounts?....your observations are ok in terms of the absence of ATM cards for the account which ofcourse will come in later....but the limitations on the volume of cash is well suited because of KYC....that account is just sweet if you know your way around it...

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Which Phone Do You Need As A Christmas Gift / Is This Phone Worth Selling For 82k?? / This Flying Bike May Become Russia’s Weapon Of The Future (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.