Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,161 members, 7,821,942 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:23 PM

Yar'adua Cuts Salary Of Ministers, Himself, Etc By 20% - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yar'adua Cuts Salary Of Ministers, Himself, Etc By 20% (5248 Views)

Poll: Salary Cuts. What do you think??

Commendable: 33% (23 votes)
Just Dribbling Us: 66% (45 votes)
This poll has ended

List Of Ministers Going To China With Buhari / Ministerial List : See Speculated Portfolios Of Ministers / PDP Senators Kick As Buhari Fails To Submit List Of Ministers - Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yar'adua Cuts Salary Of Ministers, Himself, Etc By 20% by igbalajobi: 2:00pm On Apr 21, 2009
Re: Yar'adua Cuts Salary Of Ministers, Himself, Etc By 20% by ilaugh1: 2:08pm On Apr 21, 2009
something is not right here - why is it that the Nigerians who live outside Nigeria contribute and comment with so much venon in them whereas the contributions of Nigerians living in Nigeria are always subtle- the Nigerians in Nigeria always see things good about their country, they are more hopeful but the ones lost in the diaspora, speak with lost hope, their thinking is so rubbish and sikly that you often wonder if they ever see good food to eat - do they leve Naija more than the people living in it or what is the matter? The frustration?
Re: Yar'adua Cuts Salary Of Ministers, Himself, Etc By 20% by hoeyeadoe: 2:16pm On Apr 21, 2009
I'm bothered that the constitution is now being referred to because it's money matters(even the judiciary, so it's all abt money).

Yes, the Constitution is Supreme but how often is this the case in practice.
Re: Yar'adua Cuts Salary Of Ministers, Himself, Etc By 20% by Lax75(m): 2:23pm On Apr 21, 2009
This one na "base" salary now. We all know the obvious
Re: Yar'adua Cuts Salary Of Ministers, Himself, Etc By 20% by IFELEKE(m): 2:44pm On Apr 21, 2009
Good Riddance To Bad Rubbish. . .
Re: Yar'adua Cuts Salary Of Ministers, Himself, Etc By 20% by xterra2(m): 2:58pm On Apr 21, 2009
Its not the salary that matters,its the allowances imagine they get allowances for;travelling out of abuja,newspaper subscription,magazine subscription,food,fuel,generators and so on ,
The salary shoould be left intact and let all the allowance be cut off.
Some of those desperate theives there will even be much more eager to steal in order to complete their mansions of billions or buy some expensive cars.
This is only adding to he problem,governors aand ministers will steal more.As the NBA would say"Yaradua aids corruption" and this is an example
Re: Yar'adua Cuts Salary Of Ministers, Himself, Etc By 20% by dejirule: 3:18pm On Apr 21, 2009
they don't need to get salaries
Re: Yar'adua Cuts Salary Of Ministers, Himself, Etc By 20% by toosoon(m): 3:44pm On Apr 21, 2009
how much be salary?hiss, If they reduce their asset (both home and abroad) by 20% then i will hail Yar'adua.
Re: Yar'adua Cuts Salary Of Ministers, Himself, Etc By 20% by oludimuni: 3:47pm On Apr 21, 2009
The question is; Is the salary cut scientific
Re: Yar'adua Cuts Salary Of Ministers, Himself, Etc By 20% by Fhemmmy: 3:52pm On Apr 21, 2009
The question is how will all these there nonsense help the nation and take Nija out of the mess it is in
Re: Yar'adua Cuts Salary Of Ministers, Himself, Etc By 20% by oludimuni: 3:59pm On Apr 21, 2009
nothing is existing in isolation
Re: Yar'adua Cuts Salary Of Ministers, Himself, Etc By 20% by Kobojunkie: 4:02pm On Apr 21, 2009
An allowance is not meant to put money in your pocket but simply provide you with more convenient living so there is no reason why these men ought to make money off their allowance or gain property in any way by that.
Now, this man’s salary has been reduced to less than $30K a year, which seems small but at the end of the day, the same senators would have amassed properties ranging in the millions during the same time period. Why and how? I know someone is likely to tell me that they have other businesses, to that I ask for evidence that such businesses where able to earn these mean millions during the period they were supposedly in office and how come it seems to happen miraculously for all men in power during the time they are said to be doing the people’s work.
Sure, Yar adua has cut salaries but what about the unnecessary loop holes that allow people like him access to free property and free money banks?
Re: Yar'adua Cuts Salary Of Ministers, Himself, Etc By 20% by latiana(f): 4:09pm On Apr 21, 2009
The Serpent Presido. Who is is tricking this time?
Re: Yar'adua Cuts Salary Of Ministers, Himself, Etc By 20% by hassymo5(m): 4:12pm On Apr 21, 2009
All these is nonsense, mininum wage is what they are running from. They are earnin millions in a month, but common #52,000 for civil servants in a Month, they are now deceiving us by 20% pay cut. Labour should stand firm in there demand, weather they cut their salary or not. I rest my case
Re: Yar'adua Cuts Salary Of Ministers, Himself, Etc By 20% by Sarauniya(f): 4:15pm On Apr 21, 2009
i_laugh:

something is not right here - why is it that the Nigerians who live outside Nigeria contribute and comment with so much venon in them whereas the contributions of Nigerians living in Nigeria are always subtle- the Nigerians in Nigeria always see things good about their country, they are more hopeful but the ones lost in the diaspora, speak with lost hope, their thinking is so rubbish and sikly that you often wonder if they ever see good food to eat - do they leve Naija more than the people living in it or what is the matter? The frustration?

I_laugh, I agree with you! Many people that probably haven't even set foot into the country for years to decades have the nastiest impression of Nigeria and a very narrow mind when you try to convince them otherwise. When Nigeria produces a wonderful musical sensation they jump on the bandwagon and claim to "rep Naija to the fullest". But when it comes to everything else its a different story. Sometimes it's like something is biting them. Why so angry? I thought you left for a "better life"? Kilo n fa? It's so easy to be cynical, but a little optimism can go a long way. Some people just fail to realise that.
Re: Yar'adua Cuts Salary Of Ministers, Himself, Etc By 20% by oludimuni: 4:18pm On Apr 21, 2009
We all know these guys are playing a particular script
Re: Yar'adua Cuts Salary Of Ministers, Himself, Etc By 20% by yeswecan(m): 4:22pm On Apr 21, 2009
This is just a political move, Lucky Ighenedion donated his four years salary to an orphanage home, and who are they fooling?
Re: Yar'adua Cuts Salary Of Ministers, Himself, Etc By 20% by wakagirl: 4:22pm On Apr 21, 2009
According Economic Confidential magazine, the amount to be saved from the deductions which is estimated at N2.5billion per annum would be pooled into a fund which is to purchase additional transportation for public sector workers in the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) to ease the burden of transportation costs[color=#990000][/color].

Basically for Abuja public servants. How does that help all Nigerians?
Re: Yar'adua Cuts Salary Of Ministers, Himself, Etc By 20% by jamace(m): 4:25pm On Apr 21, 2009
Hmmmmmmmmm. They are going to steal the treasury dry now in the name of other sundry expenses. More Trouble looms.
Re: Yar'adua Cuts Salary Of Ministers, Himself, Etc By 20% by PurestBoy(m): 4:30pm On Apr 21, 2009
And they said Yaradua is not healthy, but always full of new tricks and games
Re: Yar'adua Cuts Salary Of Ministers, Himself, Etc By 20% by mayrho(m): 4:32pm On Apr 21, 2009
hahahaha i laugh in igbo language
bunch of jokers
Re: Yar'adua Cuts Salary Of Ministers, Himself, Etc By 20% by A40(m): 4:54pm On Apr 21, 2009
They have to cut it by at least 85% to show us they are serious tongue tongue
Re: Yar'adua Cuts Salary Of Ministers, Himself, Etc By 20% by smog7: 5:04pm On Apr 21, 2009
the president dey claim wetin now?
Anyway to me he is too green horn to head this great country ant its nation but come 2011 i will be all around for kris okotie is the aso rock dweller.
Re: Yar'adua Cuts Salary Of Ministers, Himself, Etc By 20% by ayobase(m): 6:10pm On Apr 21, 2009
Thats nice though!!
Re: Yar'adua Cuts Salary Of Ministers, Himself, Etc By 20% by Fhemmmy: 9:33pm On Apr 21, 2009
A-40:

They have to cut it by at least 85% to show us they are serious tongue tongue

they cld cut it 100% but then, still collecting brown envelope
Re: Yar'adua Cuts Salary Of Ministers, Himself, Etc By 20% by fredsmeth: 10:52pm On Apr 21, 2009
So its by cutting salaries that we'll have basic stuff like electricity and fuel - the most primary things that anybody needs to make something of himself / herself in this developed world.

my president wants the youths of this nation to go into the bush and embrace cash crop farming

I'm very angry at this fool and the fool that put him there
Re: Yar'adua Cuts Salary Of Ministers, Himself, Etc By 20% by davidif: 12:54am On Apr 22, 2009
Now he needs to do this for all the senators and legislators and while he is at it, he should stop paying salaries for state govts. they should raise there salaries from there state taxes.
Re: Yar'adua Cuts Salary Of Ministers, Himself, Etc By 20% by MaiSuya(m): 1:31am On Apr 22, 2009
It appears the cut hasn't been finalized yet, going by recent reports see here http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art200904213424739
Re: Yar'adua Cuts Salary Of Ministers, Himself, Etc By 20% by obihi: 10:58am On Apr 22, 2009
this initiative is very ok if they can actually impliment it,b/cos nigerian are fond of saying one thing and doin the other.i like that especially the renumeration of the local councillor who most of them are secondarian. smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley kiss lipsrsealed[/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][color=#990000][/color]
Re: Yar'adua Cuts Salary Of Ministers, Himself, Etc By 20% by PurestBoy(m): 11:45am On Apr 22, 2009
How do we verify this cut in their salary?
Re: Yar'adua Cuts Salary Of Ministers, Himself, Etc By 20% by peleoju(f): 1:03pm On Apr 22, 2009
what diff does that make
Re: Yar'adua Cuts Salary Of Ministers, Himself, Etc By 20% by Fhemmmy: 1:20pm On Apr 22, 2009
I_Laugh:

I_laugh, I agree with you! Many people that probably haven't even set foot into the country for years to decades have the nastiest impression of Nigeria and a very narrow mind when you try to convince them otherwise. When Nigeria produces a wonderful musical sensation they jump on the bandwagon and claim to "rep Naija to the fullest". But when it comes to everything else its a different story. Sometimes it's like something is biting them. Why so angry? I thought you left for a "better life"? Kilo n fa? It's so easy to be cynical, but a little optimism can go a long way. Some people just fail to realise that.

It is amazing how you think it is about frustration, it is all cos people that had left Nigeria has seen better govt and are saddened that some of the nations that doesnt have resources as we do in Nigeria are doing better, all in the name of better governing.
Nigerians out of Nija will like to come home one day to a better nation.
Nigerians out of Nija hates to see some dumb fools playing Nigerians like they are draculas.
The Nonsense needs to stop.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

UN Releases Names Of Abuja Bombing Victims / Un Report Says Nigeria Militants Strike Fear Across Africa / Jonathan Blocks Kwankwaso From All Public Venues In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.