Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,663 members, 7,816,702 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:41 PM

Telecom Jobs - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Telecom Jobs (3718 Views)

Telecom Jobs In Ibadan... / Which Of The Telecom Firms Pays The Highest Salary To Customer Service Agents? / Telecom, It, Computer Jobs In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Telecom Jobs by durojim: 9:51pm On Apr 20, 2009
Can i get a telecom job in Nigeria? My background is computer engineering from an accredited school in the U.S and i also have more than 2 yrs of experience working for a respectable cell phone company.
Re: Telecom Jobs by Tonynwosa: 11:03pm On Apr 20, 2009
you'll be hot cake down here man, visit etisalat.com, i know they are in need of qualified and experienced personnel.good luck
Re: Telecom Jobs by Jkcarz1: 6:41am On Apr 21, 2009
Zain, mtn, glo, etisalat and the fixed wireless are all available.
Re: Telecom Jobs by kugaba(m): 10:09am On Apr 21, 2009
you are hotter than fire and more desired than Heaven here in Naija. Perhaps the OIL COMPANIES may also be a likely destination.
Re: Telecom Jobs by getmeme: 10:21am On Apr 21, 2009
Can i get a telecom job in Nigeria? My background is computer engineering from an accredited school in the U.S and i also have more than 2 yrs of experience working for a respectable cell phone company.

you are da bomb
Re: Telecom Jobs by soulamanne(m): 11:03am On Apr 21, 2009
bros i envy ooooo.jabs dey and u r in pole position.goodluck
Re: Telecom Jobs by Seum(f): 2:44pm On Apr 21, 2009
@Poster,
What do you mean by accredited school in US?
Is it a University or College or something else?

For your information,
What is ur speciality, GSM or CDMA or both?

How come you want to return back to Nigeria to secure a job in the Telecom industry?

I am a GBSS Enginner working with one of the telecom vendors in Naija and I tell you the truth, foreign jobs is the koko.

Telecom pays well here in Nigeria when compared to other sectors aside from banks and oil and gas.

But i will die for any foreign job now,

except you are not telling us the entire story,
Re: Telecom Jobs by durojim: 6:57pm On Apr 21, 2009
@ seum -- I graduated from Illinois Institute of Technology ( Chicago). Just want to come back home. Since my experience is in the telecoms field, i will like to continue in what am currently doing. My speciality is in GSM.
Re: Telecom Jobs by kele1975(m): 11:01pm On Apr 21, 2009
guys am also in need of telecom job for my wifey.if there is any advert do let me know about it.
Re: Telecom Jobs by Tonynwosa: 10:13pm On Apr 24, 2009
@seun you don forget say them dey sack anyhow for jand now abi
Re: Telecom Jobs by folarina(m): 10:59am On Apr 25, 2009
@ Duro & all

Jobs is in Nigeria is not that easy to get with or without Oversea experience at this present moment.

I have 8 years UK experience consulting for different blue chip Telcos ie BT,Orange mobile, Cable and wireless etc

Vendors as well ie Alcatel-Lucent .I also spent 3 consulting in Amsterdam working for Versatel ( ISP in Netherlands) .

I possess professional certification in Cisco and have worked on technologies like MPLS , VPN ,BGP etc .

I ve gotten so many wonderful compliments about my CV but still no job interview talk less of job offer. sad sad

Personally i ve come to the conclusion that the global meltdown is affecting Nigerian co as well.

I ve sent my CV's everywhere you can imagine starcomms,Glo,MTN ,etisalat ,banks etc.( Same story ! )

Am not out to discourage you but just keep an open mind and PRAY FOR FAVOUR!

After been on this job searching for 3 months ,i ve now decided to start doing something else by the side so that i can feed my self .

But Fingers are not equal ,i just thought share my experience with you and others .Hopefully you will find some thing soon.
Re: Telecom Jobs by sollex(m): 7:23pm On Apr 25, 2009
Durojim,
Getting a telecoms job in naija is not quite easy, but trust that connection is one factor that happens also in the telecom industry. But God can over-rule that with his help. I too just finished a Telecoms course in Network Engineering at Abuja. Still hoping for a Job.
Re: Telecom Jobs by candlux: 11:26pm On Apr 27, 2009
well I work for one of the Telco companies in naija. when i enter then I neva knew any1. I just submitted my CV online. for me there are jobs in the Telecomms companies in naija but u need a fair number of years of experience to be well paid. my company is recruiting expatriates and locals in large quantity

My advice for you is to work 4 2 more yrs, so that u can gather enough experience. most especially in new technology that are not yet obtainable in naija. with four years of experience i think you should get a very nice job with vvvvv very 9ice pay with any Telco.

nothing is automatic, even with ur experience. but if u are eager to relocate to naija u can send ur cv to the naija companies with ur friend/sis/brother' naija fone number and address. then as soon as they get any info from any telecoms company d person would contact u. u can then contact the company for a reschedule. In this way u wont be ideal at any point in time.

I would strongly advise you to gather a enough experience, because for recruiters 2 yrs experience in a field is still more like a beginner- because at dat stage u know the jargons and basic of the field but u are not yet strong at it. except for very few employee.

gudluck!!!!!!!!
Re: Telecom Jobs by candlux: 11:45pm On Apr 27, 2009
@ folarin wat area of telecoms are u into, because with ur 8yrs experience u should get sometin, mayb the pay is the matter.
Re: Telecom Jobs by folarina(m): 12:12am On Apr 29, 2009
@Candlux

Thanks for your intrest ,

My Core experience is in Network Monitoring ,Management,Deployment and support.

My areas of Telecoms is ISP,Data Center, NOC & NMC environment (IP ,MPLS network)

I ve worked on different vendor routers & switches ie cisco,alcatel-lucent,redback,Nortel etc.

I have worked in BT,Orange Broadband,Alcatel-lucent UK etc . I am not bragging i have checkable ref.

I wish the pay was the problem , i ve not even had the chance to attend any interview in the first place.

I can mail you a copy of my CV ,pls let me have your email address. wink wink
Re: Telecom Jobs by candlux: 7:08pm On Apr 29, 2009
send the CV to candlux@yahoo.com with a passport photograph. i dont mean u would be taken automatically, but i would submit & I feel u stand a chance of being called for interview.

Best of luck!
Re: Telecom Jobs by folarina(m): 12:42pm On Apr 30, 2009
@ Thanks ,Bisijohn

Am doing that right now !

@
candlux ,Much appreciated!

I know what will be , will be .

Tough times dont last but tough people do , !
Re: Telecom Jobs by ziggigmz(f): 6:32pm On Apr 28, 2020
Telecommunication Jobs in Nigeria 2020

https://www.jobsinnigeria.ng/telecom-jobs/
Re: Telecom Jobs by Swiftylistic: 7:43pm On Apr 28, 2020
durojim:

I have a job for you. Whatsap 08059384663
Re: Telecom Jobs by chieni(f): 1:06am On Apr 29, 2020
I would appreciate if I am considered for the position of a call center agent here in Abuja. I have always looked forward to having such experience but haven't gotten the opportunity.

(1) (Reply)

Pls I Need A Job........tired Of Sleeping At Home / Vacancy! Vacancy!! Vacancy!!! / How I Made My First Million

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.