Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,561 members, 7,827,092 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:01 AM

Efcc Vs Enugu State - Who Is Justified? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Efcc Vs Enugu State - Who Is Justified? (1870 Views)

El-rufai's Eating Of Sugarcane In Public Justified By World Leaders (photos) / Akindele Mary, The Best Teacher In Ekiti State Who Won A Car (Photos) / Limiting Probe To Jonathan Cannot Be Justified, Falana Tells Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Efcc Vs Enugu State - Who Is Justified? by danielng: 9:28am On Oct 09, 2006
Hello,
I want us to discuss on what the EFCC have been doing. Especially their investigations on Enugu State.
Despite the informations provided by the state and Federal governments that it is the third lowest state in revenue collection. Yet, it can still embark on laudable developmental and people oriented projects that can not be found anywhere among the states.
Is EFCC justified?
Dan.
Re: Efcc Vs Enugu State - Who Is Justified? by Afam(m): 12:42pm On Oct 09, 2006
It's called politics.

The governor has questions to answer as regards political opponents but when it comes to developmental projects he has done extremely very well.

Even his ardent haters find it difficult to question if he did anything tangible or not, hence complaints like "he is building everything in his LGA".

EFCC should investigate everyone, including every state because no matter the good things we see, the players are still corrupt.
Re: Efcc Vs Enugu State - Who Is Justified? by Chxta(m): 1:10pm On Oct 09, 2006
That we all know Afam, that we all know. . .
Re: Efcc Vs Enugu State - Who Is Justified? by Seun(m): 1:43pm On Oct 09, 2006
The case is not EFCC versus Enugu State.

It's EFCC versus an allegedly corrupt governor.

Let us not succumb to fuzzy thinking. Thanks. wink
Re: Efcc Vs Enugu State - Who Is Justified? by feelgood(m): 3:48pm On Oct 09, 2006
Regular adverts blind the eyes and cover the truth. My brethren, do not be deceived;
Local government workers are being owed over 12 months salaries, money mean't for
the local govts is being controlled by the State Governor.
The money spent on adverts (CNN, etc) could be properly channeled to real benefits for the people.
How come he is the one blowing his own trumpet and getting some big folks to 'endorse' the facelifts
mean't for his propaganda.
EFCC is not deceived. I am not. Don't be. - TO GOD BE THE GLORY!!!
Re: Efcc Vs Enugu State - Who Is Justified? by Chxta(m): 4:13pm On Oct 09, 2006
I once asked someone about how things were in Enugu. He scoffed.

I said: but we see the adverts on CNN about how you guys are enjoying.

His reply: ndi nkewo bu nke CNN. . .
Re: Efcc Vs Enugu State - Who Is Justified? by BlackMamba(m): 4:55pm On Oct 09, 2006
Naija politics 101 will tell any smart person that Mr. Nnamani has glaring questions to answer on how he turned Enugu state into a private venture (Ebano INC). Despite obvious and overwhelming support of Aso Rock and his well crafted p.r moves, to confuse the uninformed, Nnamani is constantly in the forefront of EFCC investigations. That speaks volume of his sopposed "successes" in the state.
Those who continue to blow his horn should realize that the time to clean house is here and we will demand full accountability.
Re: Efcc Vs Enugu State - Who Is Justified? by Afam(m): 6:50pm On Oct 09, 2006
One of the major reasons why we keep having problems in Nigeria is that we always find a way to either completely condemn or commend a person regardless of the specific actions of the person involved.

That the governor illegally uses LG funds to run projects and that he has serious questions to answer as regards allegations of political intimidation and even killing (according to some quarters) do not take away the fact that he indeed embarked on a lot of projects that have direct impact in the lives of people of the state.

These projects need not be read on pages of newspapers or the internet, anyone that has been to Enugu state of will attest to this fact because you see them with your eyes even though the roads were getting bad the last time I visited Enugu.

We shall be honest enough to condemn or commend people based on their actions.

This idea of trying to water down or outrightly deny any achievements (no matter how small) of anyone is counter productive and infact only people with questionable characters or people that have things to hide will engage in such, real shame.
Re: Efcc Vs Enugu State - Who Is Justified? by danielng: 7:34pm On Oct 09, 2006
I appreciate how everyone has contributed freely from thier opinion concerning things that have developed in Enugu (Coal City) lately.
Its obvious that Nnamani is branding the state Ebe-Ano - and interestingly is has become a house hold slogan among the wawas.
But let me pass the question: since the state and the federal government admits that Enugu is the 3rd revenue collector from its sharing, isn't it unbelievable that the state government syphoned billions into its official's personal accounts? and how could he have executed such projects?
I's true that there wasn't any local govt. election in that state, and i can believe that he is in control of the local govt. funds. and he can't not prove innocent of corrupt activities with the council's money.
We must accept the that the Abuja Nnamani (senate president) and the Ebe-ano Nnamani are no in good terms - politically. Why did the Abuja PDP (senators) not confront it untill now that the ano Nnamani is almost out from office. Afterall, the abuja PDP's belong to councils there and they knew it from time that there wasn't any council election and that the funds have in in the control of chimaroke.
it's all politis my friends!
The Ebe-Ano political family (Enugu PDP) wants a successor from their caucus. t is paramount the senate president and senator Fidelis Okoro are guber aspirants.

So lets analyze this issue critically before we can give a conclusion.
I belive that with the contributions from this chat we can reach an iseal conclution of what is 'under' and thereby be better informed.
I am not a supporter of the ebe ano political family neither are my saying that chimaroke did not steal any money from the state or council coffers.
Acually he is investing more in his community than elsewhere in the state, he should be given credit for that plan, at least to boost even development. Though he should have made the rest of the communities feel the impact of his efforts.
Your professional contributions can do better.
Dan.
Re: Efcc Vs Enugu State - Who Is Justified? by Afam(m): 9:34am On Oct 10, 2006
Dan,

Thanks for your post.

Have you forgotten that most Nigerians prefer to sensationalize issues than tackle them as they should.

A country where gossips, rumours, dangerous conjectures and misinformation are common will hardly make any progress.

If only we can learn to remove sentiments from serious discussions.

As we complain about the leadership in Nigeria, what examples are we showing here when we discard anything someone has done because he failed to do another in another setting?

We are our own worst enemies.
Re: Efcc Vs Enugu State - Who Is Justified? by adconline(m): 12:29pm On Dec 09, 2006
Its shear insanity to think that Chimaroke Nnamani is not guilty of those crimes. What if he has borrowed to embark on developmental projects. Let's remember that he is expanding on existing infrastructure , dualization of chime lane is not bigger than  its initial construction.  He owns Rainbownet being managed by his sister- Chinelo Nwigwe who is married to Mr David Nwigwe from Imo State. Chimaroke owns Cosmo FM being managed by Jika Atoh . He owns  Capital City Automobile. The governor is using these people as his cronies.  Marlum Construction Company is one of his phony companies.  Nnamani Ken, CC Onoh  and Co cannot be all wrong about this governor. Let's not forget that he had  to borrow about N10 million from Jim Nwobodo to finance his election in 1999.  Even though he was a medical doctor in the US, he could not afford to build a house in his hometown, Agbani, until his father died while still in office.  He built an estate in Agbani. This is a governor who ascribes himself with (Fellow of American College of Gyneacologist) FACOG  even though he is not a member. He got a lot of  cases to answer

http://www.tellng.com/news/articles/061114-3/news/nation_nnamani.html
Re: Efcc Vs Enugu State - Who Is Justified? by Afam(m): 1:47pm On Dec 09, 2006
Can you limit your allegations to what you are sure of?

Making categorical statements when in fact some of them are off mark is not a good idea because pointing out just one puts a question mark on the whole post.

The governor never borrowed money from Nwobodo, in fact he became the annointed one after he agreed to fulfil a pledge Nwobodo made which the present senate president could not fulfil even though he was the person originally favoured by Nwobodo.

Anyone that knows New haven will know that your statement about dualizing the road is pure nonsense.

The governor also initiated a lot of fresh projects, ask around if you are not sure.

However, the points above do not in any way absolve the governor of corrupt practices.

I believe he has interests in the companies mentioned and probably others you do not know about.

In terms of infrastructural development he did very well.
Re: Efcc Vs Enugu State - Who Is Justified? by adconline(m): 4:33pm On Dec 09, 2006
@Afam

Can you limit your allegations to what you are sure of? Why don't you provide your own facts to counter my argument.

Anyone that knows New Haven will know that your statement about dualizing the road is pure nonsense.
I don't know what's  your speciality, but I do know that the cost  of building new road is higher than the cost of  dualizing an existing road, besides New Haven is not in Haven, but  in Chime Avenu, Enugu. So why think that people do not know . I will be amazed if Chimaroke single handedly financed his 1999 elections without any financial help from Jim Nwobodo. Why don't you rebut my allegations on one on one basis.

What we are saying here is Gov Nnamani corrupt? Hell yes and his infractural development cannot absolve him of  corruptly enriching himself. Let's not forget that it's not his money, but Enugu people's money. That's why things are happening because  there is no taxation by representation. Cos if  we paid our taxes and the government is messing with our money, then we should ask more questions. Let's not forget that Enugu city and Agbani are not the only cities for infrastructural development
Re: Efcc Vs Enugu State - Who Is Justified? by Afam(m): 5:12pm On Dec 09, 2006
adconline:

@Afam

Can you limit your allegations to what you are sure of? Why don't you provide your own facts to counter my argument.

You never produced any single fact to begin with, you made statements and some of them are not correct. However, I never bother discussing what I am not sure of.

adconline:

Anyone that knows New Haven will know that your statement about dualizing the road is pure nonsense. I don't know what's your speciality, but I do know that the cost of building new road is higher than the cost of dualizing an existing road, besides New Haven is not in Haven, but in Chime Avenu, Enugu. So why think that people do not know . I will be amazed if Chimaroke single handedly financed his 1999 elections without any financial help from Jim Nwobodo. Why don't you rebut my allegations on one on one basis.

That the governor may not have single handedly financed his elections does not equate to collecting money from Nwobodo. You are merely speculating and your speculation is flat wrong even though I will not go into details to avoid issues with the law or EFCC on the matter.

What's your point with Chime Lane and New Haven? Where is Chime lane? I may have wrongly assumed you are talking about Chime Avenue or have they moved Chime Avenue from New Haven area? I went to school in Enugu so you need to explain better the road or lane you are referencing.

adconline:

What we are saying here is Gov Nnamani corrupt? Hell yes and his infractural development cannot absolve him of corruptly enriching himself. Let's not forget that it's not his money, but Enugu people's money. That's why things are happening because there is no taxation by representation. Cos if we paid our taxes and the government is messing with our money, then we should ask more questions. Let's not forget that Enugu city and Agbani are not the only cities for infrastructural development

You are arguing with yourself on this one because I made it clear that whatever infrastructural development he may have carried out will not absolve him from any corrupt charges he may be facing.
Re: Efcc Vs Enugu State - Who Is Justified? by saintchux(m): 8:22am On Dec 11, 2006
Gov. Chimaroke is very corrupt, there is no doubt about.

Please what EFCC is after is the ownership of Cosmo FM, RainbowNet, Reinaaisence University, etc. Those people defending the governor should tell us more about those companies and university.

Those infrastructure they are talking about has been the same infrastructure he has been advertising since 2000.

ESUT permanent site has not been completed, but he decieve people with advert. Engineering student are still at the old site.

Dualizing of New haven, is it the only road in Enugu state, why all the noise??

The LG funds he took, what did he do with it? My LG did not get anything from him for 7years except a road which even FG refunded the state government.

Chimaroke should be impeached and sent to jail immediately. He is corrupt.

(1) (Reply)

What A Shame Southern Nigerians / Corps Members In Lagos Get 400% Pay Rise / Ribadu To Be Named Acn Presidential Candidate .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.