Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,851 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:18 AM

2011: Jonathan Will Fail - Malam Isyaku Ibrahim - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2011: Jonathan Will Fail - Malam Isyaku Ibrahim (1859 Views)

Malam Bello Orders Removal Of Speed Bumps On Abuja-nyanya Highway / 2011: Jonathan, Ohanaeze Leaders Plot Against North / 2011: Jonathan Won’t Contest—Reuters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

2011: Jonathan Will Fail - Malam Isyaku Ibrahim by Onlytruth(m): 8:04am On Aug 14, 2010
[size=14pt]2011: Jonathan will fail[/size]

From ZAINAB SULEIMAN OKIN and MODESTUS CHUKWULAKA, Abuja
Saturday, August 14, 2010

Malam Isyaku Ibrahim was the power behind the throne in the Second Republic, having propped up Alhaji Shehu Shagari to win the presidential nomination of the National Party of Nigeria (NPN) and later as president. He is not just a member of the ruling PDP, but also supposedly a member of its Board of Trustees (BoT).

However, Ibrahim stopped attending the BoT meetings because of irreconcilable differences between him and ex-President Olusegun Obasanjo and Chief Tony Anenih. The group, he said, harbours bad and corrupt people.
The former NEPU member, who also campaigned for the late Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe, spoke on President Goodluck Jonathan’s ambition, zoning and the North-South political dichotomy. He said the North does not owe the South South any debt which the Jonathan presidency is meant to pay.

On the contrary, Ibrahim said northerners sacrificed and shed their blood to liberate the South South from Biafran occupation. That war (the civil war), he emphasized,  was fought with proceeds from groundnut, cocoa, tin and not oil money. And he warned: only the retention of zoning could preserve the sanctity of our nation and protect the interest of the minorities.

Could you give us an overview of the political situation in the country today?
It is unfortunate that in Nigeria today, we don’t have good politicians; we have some  chop-chop politicians who don’t believe in anything. They are in politics in order to enrich themselves; only very few politicians still remain and the few that still remain are not talking. So, it is a most unfortunate situation.

So, what is your view on zoning by the PDP?
For those of us who participated in creating zoning, the principle behind it is a concern for our nation, I mean nationhood. But because we do not adhere to this principle, we now talk about our ethnic groups. This one is from South, this one is Igbo, Yoruba, Hausa. All these are coming up because we have no nationhood, like Americans do. So, that’s why we decided that. It was not the first time. During the Second Republic, there was rotation - South, /North. Our southern brothers gave us the opportunity, that the North should take the first. That was how Shehu Shagari emerged. And mark you, NPN was a national party; it was not a tribal party; it was formed by Nigerians from all the ethnic groups in Nigeria . But we agreed that, in order to entrench confidence in the minds of people, we had to do rotation, to ease the problems and possible conflicts.

Then in 1998,  several parties came together to form PDP. And we have about six zones in Nigeria. So, because we wanted to restore confidence in the mind of every Nigerian, that we must have nationhood and to sustain that confidence in the minds of every Nigerian, we in PDP came up with the zoning. This time we said okay, zoning will go again, like a rotation between the South and the North. This time round, we in the North agreed that our southern brothers should take the first shot. So, people from the South, like Graham Douglas, Philip Asiodu, Don Etiebet from South-South, and Jim Nwobodo, Dr Alex Ekwueme from the South-East, and Obasanjo from the South West were in the race.  We went to the convention in Jos, and Obasanjo contested against these other people, and emerged. The convention was conducted under the chairmanship of the late Chief Sunday Awoniyi. It was acclaimed as one of the most transparent conventions. So, Obasanjo won.

There is one impression I want to correct- that Umar Yar’Adua and Jonathan were given eight years. A point of correction. Zoning was not based on personality. That’s why, in the year 2003, the second term of Obasanjo, Dr Alex Ekwueme came out to seek for the nomination, and I was the director of his campaign in 2003; so zoning is not based on personality. Zoning was given to the people from the South; that’s why Dr. Alex Ekwueme too came again when Obasanjo was still the President. So, for somebody now to say Umar Yar’Adua and Jonathan were given this thing for eight years is absolutely not correct.

What about the fact that Gemade and Rimi also contested?
But the North did not vote for them. They came out, but because we respected zoning, they did not get votes from the North logically. You know if the North supported them, they would have got votes.

Any moment from now, President Jonathan is going to come out and that would sound a death knell for zoning,
If he comes out, that means he is not going to win.

How can you be so sure?
I am so sure, because it has never happened in the political history of the world, where a minority will override the wishes of the majority.

But what of power of incumbency, which he enjoys and which will give him an added advantage?
It is based on zoning. There is no power of incumbency; it is zoned. It is zoned to us from the North; we have the right to produce a president. Jonathan is an interim President.

That is exactly why he (President Jonathan) wants to utilize this opportunity.
Let him take it then if there is no zoning; he knows where he came from. He has the right, Jonathan has the right to contest, as a Nigerian but when you talk about zoning, if he decides to violate the due process that brought him to that position, he should also realise that politics is a game of numbers.

But you talk as if the North is speaking with one voice, as far as this zoning is concerned.
No, I am not. You asked me my comment, please. You didn’t ask me if I am talking for the North.

So, if a minority is able to break the rank of the majority and get some of them supporting him, can’t he…
That is why I said if he decides to contest, then he is not interested in zoning, right? Okay, if he is able to convince people who believe in zoning that there is no more zoning, so be it.
Why are you so convinced that Jonathan will lose if he contests?
Definitely, he will fail if he contests.

Is there anything you know that we don’t know because from what we are…
(Cuts in) Because you don’t know anything, you are not a politician. I am a politician. Okay? Politics is a game of numbers; you understand? That is why in America, when you want to contest as president, there are four states you must  grab. There is California, because it is the biggest state. You have to capture Texas, because it is one of the big four. There are New York and Illinois, because of their population and of course, their voting power. If you don’t understand the voting power of the populace, then you are not a politician.

So, which are those states you think will swing the votes against Jonathan in Nigeria or in the North?
Even the North-West, by their populations, can change things. Kano and Kaduna states are more than the whole of South-South; go and check the statistics.

But Kaduna is in support of Jonathan.
Kaduna? Who make up Kaduna? Is it the governor alone? A governor is only one person. Is he talking on behalf of all Kaduna people?  Are you saying in Kaduna there are no other political parties?

No, that is not it.
So, because the governor gives a statement, everybody in Kaduna follows. Is that your understanding of politics?

Okay, you have given us Kaduna and Kano. Give us more examples.
No, I said Kano and Kaduna are more than the South-South. So, if 70 million are going to be registered, tell me where Jonathan will have clear 20 million votes to back him?

Some are of the opinion that the understanding is that the presidency rotates among the six geo-political zones; that once one zone takes its turn, it moves to another zone. It could move from South-South to South-East or North-West to North-East and not one South, one North. That even if it moves now from the North-West to the South-South, it is still rotation. Was that the understanding?
For somebody to come out to say so, and for you, as an intelligent person, to listen to that rubbish is surprising. So, in that respect, why didn’t all the zones go to Jos to contest, in the first place?

Are you still a member of the PDP Board of Trustees? If yes, why is it that you don’t go to their meetings?
Because I promised I would not attend a meeting, where Tony Anenih is the chairman of the Board of Trustees. My understanding of Board of Trustees is that it should be the conscience of the party and you have to be morally sound to be there. But I don’t think Tony Anenih, whom Obasanjo made the chairman of the Board of Trustees qualified. I know his antecedents.

Okay, but he is no longer chairman of Board of Trustees.
What is the difference between the two?  Obasanjo is … and I know him and he knows me. There is no way Obasanjo will be  chairman of a political party or a Board of Trustees, and I, Ishyaku Ibrahim, will sit there.

But how do you correct a system if you are not part of it?
I cannot correct a system where bad people are the leaders. So, I will not go.

Are you still a member of the party?
Yes, I am still in PDP. I have been a politician for 52 years; nobody needs to tell me anything. I had been in politics before most of them.

But do you attend the general meeting?
Which meeting? I don’t attend the meeting, where I am going to see the same characters.

You are supposed to be a big man in the party, but you don’t attend meetings.
But when I make comments, people listen.

If you don’t go, how will you influence…
No, when I make comments, people listen.

If you don’t go to meeting, you will not be able to…
I don’t have to attend meetings. I do pass comments. Do you understand? And people who go there, I do put the idea to tell them on what I want.

So, you have your foot soldiers?
No I don’t have soldiers. I am a politician, don’t equate me with army. When you are talking to me, talk to me strictly as a politician, okay?

People like Tony Anenih, Edwin Clark are now with Jonathan and are rooting for him to contest, you started with them, what is your assessment of this their present position?
Started with them as what?

In the PDP, they are all members of the PDP.
So, did you ask them whether Ishyaku had any iota of respect for them?

Yeah, that is why I am asking you, sir.
So, I have no iota of respect for them. That is why I don’t attend the Board of Trustees because Tony Anenih is there. He is not a politician. He is a mercenary. He doesn’t understand what politics is.

Okay but what do you make of Chief Edwin Clark’s combative attitude that it must be South-South?
He has the right, but he has to produce the figures (chuckles). Does the South-South control the whole Nigeria?

Okay I was reading…
Listen, if he thinks that because the South-South has oil, then the Texans should have remained in power in America over the years.

That is a good logic.
Isn’t it? Politics is a game of numbers. Look where the people are. If 70 million Nigerians are going to vote; if you are intelligent, you want to contest as the president of Nigeria, first of all you must look at your background, where are you coming from? Do you have any votes?

This your emphasis on background, etc worries me. Are you saying there is no hope for the minorities?
Background on what? I am saying you must have people. Which hope? Listen, the hope for the minority is zoning.  If not because of zoning, Jonathan Goodluck would not have been there.

That is true.
We created it because we wanted Nigeria to belong to all. During the NPN days, I was the brain behind (the choice of) Joseph Wayas to become president of the Senate; a minority from Ogoja as number three. That shows how far a minority can excel because when you build nationhood, everybody has a feeling of belonging. Otherwise, tell me arithmetically how Jonathan can be president, if not zoning. If a man from Kano is contesting or a man from Anambra or a man from Oyo; from these biggest tribes, the three biggest tribes can negotiate for one to be.

And Jonathan is negotiating too.
With whom?

Northerners, South westerners, etc.
Who are the northerners? You mean these characters that are hired? No, no, these are the characters you talk about, and you are talking about northern politics. You say you are from the North, you don’t even know the people from the North.

No, sir, my own is just to ask question, I know.
But you know the characters, people who try to promote Obasanjo’s third term and failed. Are they not the same characters? So, they can promote him to be President in Nigeria. So, in politics, you have to be realistic. Yes, Jonathan wants to contest, yes, he has got the support of the whole South-South? Is he in control of them? When it comes to voting, will the Itsekiri and Ijaw, whom we know were killing each other in Warri, now compromise to say Jonathan is their man? Or Okirika, man who is fighting with the Kalabari? Within the South-South, we know the ethnic (conflicts); so where are you going to get the chunk of the votes if 70 million Nigerians register to vote? Can you be honest to yourself?

If PDP goes ahead to field Jonathan as its presidential candidate, what happens?
If they manipulate it and say no more zoning, then me too, I am free. No zoning, I will decide what to do. Isn’t it? Can somebody deny me my own right?

But the North we are talking about, how homogeneous is it still?
In the North, in the past we had five political parties; all northerners  have never been in one party. As a young girl, I want to educate you; there was NPC, a large political party, there was NEPU, I was in NEPU, there was United Middle Belt Congress led by JS Tarka; there was Borno Youth Movement, led by the late Ibrahim Imam. Five political parties in the North, but always when there was a national interest, people would vote for NPC. That is why NPC formed a coalition government with the NCNC. Everyone doesn’t have to agree. In politics, if you talk of principle of democracy, people have different opinions and ideological beliefs. So, you can never have a group of people being in one basket.

The like of Generals Ibrahim Babangida and Muhammadu Buhari and Atiku Abubakar are very active now and they want to contest.

What is your assessment of each of them and their chances?
Buhari went to Kano some five weeks ago. Over one million human beings came out to see him; that is politics; he is a politician of the grassroots; he communicates with them.  Buhari went to Kontagora, people came out to see him. Buhari went to Minna, people came out to see him. In my state, in Lafia, people came out to see him. So, he has a communication in the grassroots. I have not seen Babangida going round; so I can’t possibly speak until I see his engagement with the people and the grassroots.

The same thing with Atiku.
The only thing I was surprised about is that Nuhu Ribadu came out to say that they should not contest and I am surprised at Nuhu Ribadu as a lawyer. He forgot that Nigerians have the right, under our constitution, to exercise their fundamental human rights; you cannot possibly say that XYZ should not contest; unless he, Nuhu, is afraid. Perhaps, he wants to contest, and he feels that these people are too big, so he wants to eliminate them. So, they should believe in justice; these people are exercising their own right; let the Nigerian people decide. No individual can decide the fate of anybody, do you understand? Just like Jonathan, they too have the rights.

The fact that people, like Buhari, Babangida and Atiku are still in the race is an indication that there is no hope for the youths.
Why can’t we encourage younger people to come into politics, just like the ones in America?
I am so disappointed by the youths of this generation. I was a youth in my generation; we were very loyal to our leaders. I participated in campaigns in 1959. I worked with Zik. I was in his campaign in 1959. We started the electioneering in Asaba on September 29, 1959. We ended that electioneering on December 11, 1959. I was young, but I had confidence in myself that the future is mine because I was young. Nowadays, the youths are fighting where there is no need. You say you are fighting, who stopped you from contesting? Why are you complaining?

Well, maybe because they don’t have …
No, they don’t have any confidence, we had confidence; I had confidence as youth.

They don’t have money.
I promoted Shehu Shagari at the age of 40. I was 40  years old. I was not  afraid of these big people. When you have confidence and you know what you are doing, you move forward. When  I carried out Shagari’s campaign in the convention, it cost me N1,600.  We articulated whatever it was. I organised, I went round this country.
I knew Maitama Sule more than Shagari; he is my big brother; he wanted to be president. I said no to him, I knew the late JS Tarka; he was my big brother. I said no to him; Adamu Chiroma, we were childhood friends, very good friends. I said no to him.  I said no to Olusola Saraki; I said no to Prof. Iya Abubakar, Datti Ahmed. So, you have to articulate and you must have moral standing. There should be decency in politics.

What role should we expect from you in 2011?
Let’s finish our zoning problem in the PDP first. And let me warn, zoning is a PDP problem; now I hear so many people making comments on zoning, even religious leaders. Where were they when we created the zoning policy?

During your time in NPN, the party had overriding power over elected representatives, including the president.
What has gone wrong?
(Interrupts) Because of Obasanjo, that is what he wanted. It is Obasanjo who polluted the party.  They first ganged up and brought  Gemade against Chief Sunday Awoniyi,  because Obasanjo was afraid of Chief Sunday Awoniyi.  So, Obasanjo wanted somebody subservient, but he equally had had his own programme.
In our time, the late Adisa Akinloye was the chairman of the party, and if there was a meeting, of course, he presided, and Shagari called him, sir, because he was the chairmen of the party. So, there was respect – the party respected the government; we didn’t interfere and people in government respected the party. But Obasanjo had dictatorial tendency to manipulate. If he is not the one to preside over any meeting, you will not see him there. That’s why he had the intention to stay in power; that’s why he came with the third term agenda. And that’s why he destroyed the PDP.

But now he’s back in the party, strong and influential
That’s why I don’t attend their meetings. It doesn’t matter. I have freedom to say anything.

On October 1, Nigeria will be 50 as an independent state. How would you assess these past 50 years?
Well, we have not accomplished anything; it’s sad. After 50 years, we cannot understand the meaning of democracy. Because if we do understand the meaning of democracy, we wouldn’t have been in this mess. I pity our leaders who fought for our independence, and after 50 years, we cannot give ourselves light, cannot provide jobs for our young people. Some have become armed robbers, not because thy are not educated. They come out, no job. Those who are privileged and they go and do their masters, they come out, no job, and they’re in a society where they will open the papers and read where somebody has stolen N10 or N20 billion.  All the industries in Aba, Ikeja, Kaduna, Kano, Jos, Maiduguri and Port Harcourt are closed, and nobody thinks about reviving them. This is not the kind of country we dreamt of, more especially my generation.

How do you see the election coming up in 2011?
What kind of election? Jega may try his best. At least he can create a level-playing field. But  you say you are going to have free and fair election; how do you have free and fair election in a country where a governor or senator is using  public fund to campaign? You could be a good person from your area, but because you don’t have the facilities you cannot contest against your governor. So, it is no longer free and fair; we talk about free and fair only in theory, but not in practice, because in practice, you must create a level playing-field.
How do you have a free and fair election, if Jonathan, supposing he contests, will be using the Federal Government’s plane to fly to Port Harcourt, to fly to Kano? But in America, it will not happen.

Did Shagari not do so when he was in power?
We did not agree. So we are saying that you have to create a level-playing ground. In America, you cannot use Airforce One as an incumbent for campaigns. How do you hold a free and fair election when there is no accountability, when you see every weekend people are having parties, their children are wedding, and you see government cars, consuming fuels. Who pays?

If Jonathan were to call you and ask for your candid advice as an elder statesman, what would you tell him?
I will him that ‘first all, you must be grateful. You should be grateful to the Almighty God, who has arranged through stages to bring you to this position, being a minority’ Second, that zoning has given you the opportunity to get here.  That zoning is about commitment, and if you are a gentleman, you should keep to the commitment on which that zoning stands, and of which you are now beneficiary.

I will tell him that if Umar Yar’Adua had not died, he may have decided that you, Jonathan can no longer be the vice-president again; that he would look for somebody else from the South-South. All these are possibilities; therefore, in a nutshell, zoning is not based on personality. My advice to him is that he should conduct a free and fair election. He should be the referee; and if you are able to conduct this election successfully, you will make name for yourself, and worldwide people will respect you. That you are either a gentleman or you create problems, and create confusion; it is left for you.

Tony Anenih has been reported as saying that now is the time for the North to reciprocate the gestures and goodwill they had enjoyed from the South-South politically and all this while, and that the North can reciprocate if Jonathan is allowed to continue till 2015.

Tony Anenih and co do not know  historical background and politics of Nigeria.  Let me begin from where he comes from, Edo and Delta. I don’t know the pay-back he’s talking about. I know there was a coalition government between the NCNC and the NPC. In 1960, when they were to form the coalition government, NCNC demanded from NPC, their coalition partner, to support the creation of Mid-Western Region. The NPC agreed and there was a resolution in the Federal House by the majority to create the Mid-Western Region.

I was a young secretary of NEPU in the Western Region. We campaigned for the creation of the Mid-West. So, when the Mid-West referendum was taken, the NCNC won; so the first premier of the Mid-West was Dennis Osadebe, who was of the NCNC. Okotie-Eboh,  the minister of finance, was from Warri, (he was) NCNC; Omo-Osagie, who was the parliamentary secretary for finance, was from Benin.  NPC was a political party from the North where other political parties existed. It was not a question of the North.  NCNC was a political party from the East, and there were other political parties; so it was not a question of East because there were other opposition parties.

There was   Cross River, which was in alliance with the Action Group. The only area where I know the NPC had alliance was in the Yenagoa  Native Authority, where Melford Okilo came from. His congress was in alliance with the NPC. When  Biafrans invaded the Mid-Western Region, it was the Nigerian Army, led by Murtala (Muhammed) that liberated the Mid-West and the soldiers were predominantly from the North. So, they liberated the Mid-West. The same Nigerian Army, headed by Col.

Adekunle and dominated by northerners, liberated Port Harcourt, Rivers State. And that war was executed with the money from groundnut, cocoa, cotton, tin, etc, because the oil area was cut off. So, the North executed war with resources from the region and the West. So, I don’t know where Tony Anenih got it from that we are indebted to the South-South.

On the contrary, they are indebted to us. If you go to Port Harcourt burial ground, 80 per cent are northerners who were killed to liberate that area. So, tell Tony Anenih that he and his people are indebted to us. With all their talking, they were not in a position even to defend the oil. So, they in the South-South, are indebted to us for the next 1000 years.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2010/aug/14/national-08-14-2010-001.htm

Re: 2011: Jonathan Will Fail - Malam Isyaku Ibrahim by Onlytruth(m): 8:16am On Aug 14, 2010
This zoning controversy is having a lot of unintended consequences as we approach elections next year.
I'm loving the information flow though, because for long Nigeria lived in a weird house of the mute, where nothing serious ever gets discussed. Everything that was under the carpet is gradually coming out and threatened parties are becoming more desperate as the elections approach.

I never knew that the north "liberated south south" from Biafra.

Talk about the lion liberating the antelope from the "paws" of the deer. undecided undecided sad
Re: 2011: Jonathan Will Fail - Malam Isyaku Ibrahim by Ofemmanu: 8:38am On Aug 14, 2010
^^^^^
I'm really loving the dabate too . . .

As I said earlier, Igbos will determine where the pendulum swings to in the 2011 presidential election.
Re: 2011: Jonathan Will Fail - Malam Isyaku Ibrahim by Onlytruth(m): 8:46am On Aug 14, 2010
And the more I think of it, the more shocked and puzzled I become!

If the north "liberated" south south (though this term is unbelievably controversial because you have Cross rivers and Akwa Ibom there who were staunch Biafrans undecided), who will liberate Ndigbo in Nigeria? Or don't we need liberation as well? May be we should look outside Nigeria for our liberation. This conspiracy is becoming too mind boggling.

So the south south actually owes the north, according to a northern stalwart  like Isyaku Ibrahim?  

So, the south south sees Ndigbo as that dangerous to their survival?  

If that is not so, why would Ibrahim (who I know as a very intelligent and old northern politician) make this allegation?

Unless he is embarking on an exercise in grand self deception, why on earth would he make this allegation?

We, Ndigbo need to know what other people think about us in Nigeria. I cannot say this enough.

Personally, I believe that if Jonathan runs next year, and there are no Igbo candidates in other parties, he will receive more Igbo votes than he may even get from south south. That is why it is important that we are sure of what Jonathan thinks of us. This game is a high stakes game.

Ndigbo, muru kwa nu anya o!

Agwo no kwa n'akirika o! shocked
Re: 2011: Jonathan Will Fail - Malam Isyaku Ibrahim by naijaking1: 9:03am On Aug 14, 2010
Onlytruth:

This zoning controversy is having a lot of unintended consequences as we approach elections next year.
I'm loving the information flow though, because for long Nigeria lived in a weird house of the mute, where nothing serious ever gets discussed. Everything that was under the carpet is gradually coming out and threatened parties are becoming more desperate as the elections approach.

I never knew that the north "liberated south south" from Biafra.

Talk about the lion liberating the antelope from the "paws" of the deer. undecided undecided sad

It's more like the fox seperating a few myopic sheep from it's protective herd, promised to help those few greedy animals land the best pasture.

Fox: I see the herd is not treating you guys right.
If you follow me, I'll make sure you'll always have the first bite on any new pasture we find.

One rebel sheep: We've always been with the herd, but they don't let us eat first all the time, even now that our wool has been show to be more expensive, they still wouldn't let us eat first.

Fox: Show me the expensive wool, ah--I see! The lead sheep of your herd must really hate you guys, I heard the reason why your noses are so wide and your mouth shaped like a cow's mouth was because he stepped on your mouth when you were just a baby, the guy tried to kill you guys, if you don't stick with me, he and the herd will definitely kill you guys sooner than later.

Fox #2: I heard the lead sheep of your herd develop a taste for meat instead of just grass, he likes mouton, I mean he likes sheep meat, especially those of young and woolly sheep like you.

Fox: Look at me, I'm just a fox, I'm here to protect you. trust me.

Rebel Sheep #2: I know it, I have always liked the way you run after us whenever we're grazing, It's fun watching you from afar, because those greedy herd wouldn't let go near you. I know you can protect us better from this good for nothing herd that calls us family.
Re: 2011: Jonathan Will Fail - Malam Isyaku Ibrahim by Onlytruth(m): 9:07am On Aug 14, 2010
^^

grin grin grin grin

Ol'boy you are simply a genuis!

Do you write novels and movie scripts?

Simply outstanding! cool
Re: 2011: Jonathan Will Fail - Malam Isyaku Ibrahim by kettykings: 9:29am On Aug 14, 2010
The north liberated the south south from a fictitous and fallacious igbo domination at the expense of south south oil , the same north still does not want the people they liberated to control their oil resources.

The same north tried to strike an agreement with the oppressors of the south south, igbos to support the north against the south south presidential aspiration.

The same north killed saro wiwa a south south that fought against Biafra with the north.

The north sent 11000 soldiers last year to fight militants of south south and when they couldn't succeed came up with amnesty.

The same north opposed increased in derivation from 13 % to 20 or 25%.

The same north refused to builds and dredge ports in south south.

The same north is responsible for the grounding of Tinapa.

If after liberating the south south from igbos why didn't the north allow igbos to go with their Biafra preffering to continue fighting the oppressors of the south south to make sure the don't live nigeria.
Re: 2011: Jonathan Will Fail - Malam Isyaku Ibrahim by naijaking1: 9:36am On Aug 14, 2010
^^^^
The loud silent irony is that some SS like Clark wants the north to "reciprocate" their cooperation. Reciprocate for what? For betraying your brothers and sisters in the former eastern Nigeria

It will make more sense for chief Clark to say, 'north help us at this time, because we helped you guys kill more Igbos, Ibibios, Efiks, etc in the eas, remember? '
Re: 2011: Jonathan Will Fail - Malam Isyaku Ibrahim by Nobody: 9:53am On Aug 14, 2010
Igbo wake up and contest next year election, be united and stop thinking you are friend of S-S, Even though i consider myself to be a brother to the igbos, majority of south-southerners doesn't see it this way, Generally, south-southerners would support any other geo-political zone but S-E, Igbos fight for your own interest, the Northerners are fighting for theirs, the S-W have already got theirs, we (?) the S-Southerners are also fighting for ours, Fight for yours, The zoning is about north and South as a whole not between NORTH AND SW/SE/SS. In 4/8 years time, the SW will resurface saying that it's their turn to produce president, Wise UP igbos,

P.S: I am from Okirika, Rivers Sate, but a concerned friend sympathetic with the Igbos, One love!!!
Re: 2011: Jonathan Will Fail - Malam Isyaku Ibrahim by Nobody: 10:03am On Aug 14, 2010
The north liberated the south south from a fictitous and fallacious igbo domination at the expense of south south oil , the same north still does not want the people they liberated to control their oil resources.

The same north tried to strike an agreement with the oppressors of the south south, igbos to support the north against the south south presidential aspiration.? They are protecting and respect the interest of the "gentleman agreement" as regards to zoning between North and south

The same north killed saro wiwa a south south that fought against Biafra with the north? Ken saro wiwa was betrayed by Ogoni Elders to Abacha gov't

The north sent 11000 soldiers last year to fight militants of south south and when they couldn't succeed came up with amnesty?Militants or Criminals?

The same north opposed increased in derivation from 13 % to 20 or 25%?13% what have they done with the already 13% to justify an increement?

The same north refused to builds and dredge ports in south south? The incumbent presido now is a S/S, what has he done so far for the region?

The same north is responsible for the grounding of Tinapa? hear say? aproko how do you know? what are your proofs?

If after liberating the south south from igbos why didn't the north allow igbos to go with their Biafra preffering to continue fighting the oppressors of the south south to make sure the don't live nigeria.? My friend you have nothing to say respect yourself and shut up
Re: 2011: Jonathan Will Fail - Malam Isyaku Ibrahim by CareTaker1(m): 10:09am On Aug 14, 2010
what.lyf:

Igbo wake up and contest next year election,  be united and stop thinking you are friend of S-S,  Even though i consider myself to be a brother to the igbos, majority of south-southerners doesn't see it this way,  Generally, south-southerners would support any other geo-political zone but S-E,  Igbos fight for your own interest, the Northerners are fighting for theirs, the S-W have already got theirs, we (?) the S-Southerners are also fighting for ours, Fight for yours,  The zoning is about north and South as a whole not between NORTH AND SW/SE/SS. In 4/8 years time, the SW will resurface saying that it's their turn to produce president,  Wise UP igbos,  

P.S: I am from Okirika, Rivers Sate, but a concerned friend sympathetic with the Igbos,  One love!!!

Nonsense used clothing. you failure, you are from okirika and are a concerned and sympathetic friend with the Igbos?
Even if the whole oil money is given to you will you be in any way better than an igbo man? angry angry

kettykings:

The same north tried to strike an agreement with the oppressors of the south south, igbos to support the north against the south south presidential aspiration.

The same north killed saro wiwa a south south that fought against Biafra with the north.

The north sent 11000 soldiers last year to fight militants of south south and when they couldn't succeed came up with amnesty.

The same north opposed increased in derivation from 13 % to 20 or 25%.

The same north refused to builds and dredge ports in south south.

The same north is responsible for the grounding of Tinapa.

If after liberating the south south from igbos why didn't the north allow igbos to go with their Biafra preffering to continue fighting the oppressors of the south south to make sure the don't live nigeria.

naijaking1:

It's more like the fox seperating a few myopic sheep from it's protective herd, promised to help those few greedy animals land the best pasture.

Fox: I see the herd is not treating you guys right.
If you follow me, I'll make sure you'll always have the first bite on any new pasture we find.

One rebel sheep: We've always been with the herd, but they don't let us eat first all the time, even now that our wool has been show to be more expensive, they still wouldn't let us eat first.

Fox: Show me the expensive wool, ah--I see! The lead sheep of your herd must really hate you guys, I heard the reason why your noses are so wide and your mouth shaped like a cow's mouth was because he stepped on your mouth when you were just a baby, the guy tried to kill you guys, if you don't stick with me, he and the herd will definitely kill you guys sooner than later.

Fox #2: I heard the lead sheep of your herd develop a taste for meat instead of just grass, he likes mouton, I mean he likes sheep meat, especially those of young and woolly sheep like you.

Fox: Look at me, I'm just a fox, I'm here to protect you. trust me.

Rebel Sheep #2: I know it, I have always liked the way you run after us whenever we're grazing, It's fun watching you from afar, because those greedy herd wouldn't let go near you. I know you can protect us better from this good for nothing herd that calls us family.

Thank you for this analysis, its time we accept each other and move forward, leaving the fox (the North) behind.
Re: 2011: Jonathan Will Fail - Malam Isyaku Ibrahim by Nobody: 10:14am On Aug 14, 2010
Nonsense used clothing. you failure, you are from okirika and are a concerned and sympathetic friend with the Igbos?
Even if the whole oil money is given to you will you be in any way better than an igbo man?

What an I.diot, you know nothing about history, so shut up and make research, where did i write that i/we are better than Igbo man? do you know the meaning of the word "concern and sympathy"? i guess not, Beside only dumb-a$$ like you argue illogical. talk to me when you have a better argument, F00l
Re: 2011: Jonathan Will Fail - Malam Isyaku Ibrahim by CareTaker1(m): 10:22am On Aug 14, 2010
what.lyf:

Even if the whole oil money is given to you will you be in any way better than an igbo man?

What an I.diot, you know nothing about history, so shut up and make research, where did i write that i/we are better than Igbo man? do you know the meaning of the word "concern and sympathy"? i guess not, Beside only dumb-a$$ like you argue illogical. talk to me when you have a better argument, F00l
[/b]

[b]You are an idiot, go and sympathize with your Okirika people,
How i wish i can lay my hands on you fool angry angry angry

I will tear you into pieces, you hopeless idiot, you are a concerned friend and a sympathizer with the igbos.

God punish you for insulting the igbos. ape like you.
Re: 2011: Jonathan Will Fail - Malam Isyaku Ibrahim by marcus1234: 10:23am On Aug 14, 2010
Re: 2011: Jonathan Will Fail - Malam Isyaku Ibrahim by slap1(m): 10:28am On Aug 14, 2010
. . .One Nigeria, an eternal illusion. . .
Re: 2011: Jonathan Will Fail - Malam Isyaku Ibrahim by Nobody: 10:34am On Aug 14, 2010
Care-Taker:

How i wish i can lay my hands on you fool angry angry angry

I will tear you into pieces, you hopeless , you are a concerned friend and a sympathizer with the igbos.

God punish you for insulting the igbos. ape like you.
LOL, Do you think you can withstand me in a fight? why would God punish me for being sympathetic? How did i "insult" the igbo people? face it, you are just a clueless dummyy, you don't even know what you are saying. Read my post and point out where i insulted the Igbo people, i will never insult the igbos, but it will be my pleasure to Insult you for being da.ft, Listen man, use your strenght to make a case for the igbos and not on someone who is determined to support the Igbos, Damn, i.gnorance is a disease, wheew
Re: 2011: Jonathan Will Fail - Malam Isyaku Ibrahim by kettykings: 10:43am On Aug 14, 2010
Me thinks the problem is not who contest or wins 2011 election but what happens after,

Remember the CIA preditiction , if Goodluck wins , the north basking in their inflated population in unrealistice FG census might be tempted to do mass action , which could prove disastrous for them.

If the north wins , there might not be peace in niger delta , because the north would have greedily robbed the oil basket of nigeria producing 80% of the forex of their desire to produce the presido.

Either way if I am GEJ I will run for 2011 election or run away , he must run either way.

As for igbos , it is 40 years since the civil war ended , the wilderness experience whould be ending this year. It is time to either shed the defeatist mentally or continue another 40 years in the wilderness
Re: 2011: Jonathan Will Fail - Malam Isyaku Ibrahim by kettykings: 10:59am On Aug 14, 2010
Post 2011 analysis , the north could choose another dummy awolowo as its VP and contest and win, the east will play neutral and just watch the scenarios playing out ,

The north wins the election at the expense of the niger delta and moves to take over. Skirmishes start at the creeks , with the FG vowing to crush it within 48 hours as usual.

After 1 month of fighting over 3000 soldiers die and unknown number of militants killed. The oil exports plummets to less than 1 million barrels a day. More than 5000 women and children in refugee camps in warri and yenegoa.

The militants decide to strike outside the war zone !!!!!
Re: 2011: Jonathan Will Fail - Malam Isyaku Ibrahim by naijaking1: 11:05am On Aug 14, 2010
kettykings:

Me thinks the problem is not who contest or wins 2011 election but what happens after,

Remember the CIA preditiction , if Goodluck wins , the north basking in their inflated population in unrealistice FG census might be tempted to do mass action , which could prove disastrous for them.

If the north wins , there might not be peace in niger delta , because the north would have greedily robbed the oil basket of nigeria producing 80% of the forex of their desire to produce the presido.

Either way if I am GEJ I will run for 2011 election or run away , he must run either way.

As for igbos , it is 40 years since the civil war ended , the wilderness experience whould be ending this year. It is time to either shed the defeatist mentally or continue another 40 years in the wilderness

You were doing so well, until the bolded section.
You and chief Clark still don't understand that despite a few crumbles from the Hausa/Fulani table in form of government jobs, the SS people lost more in the civil war than Igbos.
If anyone has a defeatist mentality, it should be the SS people.
Re: 2011: Jonathan Will Fail - Malam Isyaku Ibrahim by Beaf: 11:05am On Aug 14, 2010
kettykings:

You are spot on in every single word you wrote. Bang on the money.

All those old cargoes creating uncertainty in the country will be totally suprised to find that Nigeria is not what it was when there was a core Northern hegemony. They will see MEND version II, twice as bad and twice as armed.

As for the Igbo, there is no better time than now. The opportunity to come in and take their rightful place has been knocking for three months. This is the time for the whole South (whether Edo or Yoruba); it won't come again, prayers get answered just once.
Re: 2011: Jonathan Will Fail - Malam Isyaku Ibrahim by Beaf: 11:10am On Aug 14, 2010
naijaking1:

You were doing so well, until the bolded section.
You and chief Clark still don't understand that despite a few crumbles from the Hausa/Fulani table in form of government jobs, the SS people lost more in the civil war than Igbos.
If anyone has a defeatist mentality, it should be the SS people.

If you remain fixated on the past, you will lose the big picture and be defeated, even before your enemy has struck a blow. The position you are taking is very weak and yes, defeatist. Its time to have a plan.
Re: 2011: Jonathan Will Fail - Malam Isyaku Ibrahim by Nobody: 11:15am On Aug 14, 2010
@ kettyking: forget CIA, they always predict "negative" when it comes to NIGERIA!!

Better still, ask Octopus Paul is reliabilty has been proven beyond doubt, lol

@ Naijaking: what is your problem with the S/S? are you sure you are not an insane dude(who knows anyway)? do you have any fact to buttress your point that the SS lost more that the SE in the Civil War? It's people like you that make igbos get more enemies than friends, get over from being a hater to being a realist, Grow up and face the fact that the SE needs the support of all other regions, they (SE) are being short-changed tactically, Mobilize your people and tell your representatives to field a candidtate to protect the interest of the Igbos. na wa 4 u o
Re: 2011: Jonathan Will Fail - Malam Isyaku Ibrahim by asha80(m): 11:38am On Aug 14, 2010
Foolish country ruled and followed by dullards no matter their 'educational level'.
Re: 2011: Jonathan Will Fail - Malam Isyaku Ibrahim by Nobody: 12:07pm On Aug 14, 2010
asha 80:

Foolish country ruled and followed by dullards no matter their 'educational level'.

ur mama fooliish, ur papa dullard and ur family imbecila 4 abusing nigeria, ppl like u na dey block d progress of nigeria wit ur bad mouth, go siddon one place and respect ur age, tozo like u
Re: 2011: Jonathan Will Fail - Malam Isyaku Ibrahim by Beaf: 12:10pm On Aug 14, 2010
what.lyf:

your mama fooliish, your papa dullard and your family imbecila 4 abusing nigeria, ppl like u na dey block d progress of nigeria wit your bad mouth, go siddon one place and respect your age, tozo like u

Are you sane? Whats the meaning of this rubbish?
Re: 2011: Jonathan Will Fail - Malam Isyaku Ibrahim by asha80(m): 12:18pm On Aug 14, 2010
Beaf:

Why you dey bother yourself with that one?

Who does not know that the country has really serious structural issues with this zoning,no zoning,federal character,night meetings,caucus meetings and all worthnot while the country itself burns?

I just the dey watch nigeria,
Re: 2011: Jonathan Will Fail - Malam Isyaku Ibrahim by seanet02: 12:21pm On Aug 14, 2010
just imagine this rubbish idea being muffed by northern leaders, they insist on zoning as if they were blind when northern crooks in the military ensured that the north spent almost the 50 years as Nigerias president, they can go to hell. if they try anything with jonathan, they will cry as we we brake up this country and we will see how they will maintain their vast arid land. as a member of coseg, i find their rattling as total rubbish and nothing but selfishness
Re: 2011: Jonathan Will Fail - Malam Isyaku Ibrahim by Nobody: 12:33pm On Aug 14, 2010
Can I just say congratulations to Okwesilieze Nwodo on the final outcome of the PDP Zoning issue. I was never a fan of Nwodo but he tried.

Now that he has thrown the field open for all to contest while still emphasizing the point that zoning in PDP Constitution could also mean power sharing amongst all ethnic Nationalities and not necessarily a determinant of who gets the top Job. I think he has done well.

The ball is now in Jonathan Goodluck's court to fight for the job if he wants it. Or for IBB and his Northern brothers to also fight for the job if they also want it.

We have for so long underwritten Nigeria's quest for justice for so long with our progress, fortunes and yes the blood of our indigenes. We should not play that game with anybody at this time. This time we will effectively stick together and stand by a future that guarantees progress. Our support will not be bought on the cheap. Taking strategic steps that undermines the SouthEast while turning around to acquire as many Igbo middle names won't fool anybody.

Folks may not have been treated kindly by history but let no one confuse that for stupidity.
Re: 2011: Jonathan Will Fail - Malam Isyaku Ibrahim by Nobody: 12:40pm On Aug 14, 2010
Beaf:

so it is sane for someone to term nigeria "a foolish country" and the populace "a dullard", calling nigeria theses names is indirectly calling "every citizens(which includes me) of Nigeria foolish and dullards! i will neva for once accept any insult on the name "Nigeria" by anyone irrespective of our current predicament! Besides, whoever feel he/she cannot live in Nigeria can leave the country and live in peace elsewhere, but any insult is a big NO!!
Re: 2011: Jonathan Will Fail - Malam Isyaku Ibrahim by Beaf: 12:52pm On Aug 14, 2010
what.lyf:

so it is sane for someone to term nigeria "a foolish country" and the populace "a dullard", calling nigeria theses names is indirectly calling "every citizens(which includes me) of Nigeria foolish and dullards! i will neva for once accept any insult on the name "Nigeria" by anyone irrespective of our current predicament! Besides, whoever feel he/she cannot live in Nigeria can leave the country and live in peace elsewhere, but any insult is a big NO!!

He wasn't abusing everybody as I understand it, rather he was talking about our poor leaders and their sycophants. It isn't hidden that Nigeria's problems stem from bad leadership. So, please calm down and understand where people are coming from before hauling words.

A lot of people feel bitterness about Nigeria and it is not misplaced, it could be bitterness about corruption, bitterness about lack of development, bitterness about their selfless efforts to help the country being spat on; worse than any of the above, it could be bitterness from being actively marginalised.
Lets work together without abusing each other, those who steal our money do enough of that already.
Re: 2011: Jonathan Will Fail - Malam Isyaku Ibrahim by Nobody: 1:09pm On Aug 14, 2010
Lets work together without abusing each other, those who steal our money do enough of that already

Thank you my brother. What we actually need is working together, We really need to evaluate on how we can change nigeria in our own individual way, I for one do not believe that any of these opportunists parading themselves as politicians,leaders, elder statesmen etc can change Nigeria positive, What i believe is that with our own individual efforts, together we can collectively bring out the greatness of our own beloved country-Nigeria!! God Bless Nigeria, Amen
Re: 2011: Jonathan Will Fail - Malam Isyaku Ibrahim by kettykings: 1:16pm On Aug 14, 2010
@ Asha 80 nigeria is more than a foolish country , nigeria is more like a fanatical religion because people who ordinary can not shed a drop of sweat for God sake can shed the last drop of thier blood for the unity of country.

Why I think Igbos are getting it wrong is that they are preparing for 2011 by not fielding any candidate only and not post 2011 where some people's greed will lead the country into another round of bloodshed

Where is the igbo intelligentia ??

For the breakup of nigeria without considering the interest of UK , remember that what we have as nigeria was actually the Royal Niger company , a parastatal of the british government.
Today Britain is still in recession ( me thinks it is as a result of nigerdelta crises) and BP just made a big loss as a result of the oil spill in US. They might not take a breakup lightly without their businesses guaranteed.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breaking News: Strike Called Over. Fuel Back To #65 Per Liter. Good Or Bad News? / Is Patiance Jonathan An Igbo Woman? How Come She Speaks Igbo / Jonathan Should Be Impeached

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 169
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.