Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,609 members, 7,816,510 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:23 PM

Extreme Weather Conditions: 19 Coldest And Hottest Inhabited Places On Earth. - Science/Technology (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Extreme Weather Conditions: 19 Coldest And Hottest Inhabited Places On Earth. (53252 Views)

Extreme Engineering: This Wheelchair Can Climb Stairs And Overcome Obstacles. / 21 Overwhelming Images Showing The Effects Of Humans On Earth / Ten of the greatest threats that could wipe out all life on Earth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Extreme Weather Conditions: 19 Coldest And Hottest Inhabited Places On Earth. by gungab(m): 4:37pm On Dec 08, 2015
explorer I dey feel you gbayi
Re: Extreme Weather Conditions: 19 Coldest And Hottest Inhabited Places On Earth. by abumeinben(m): 4:37pm On Dec 08, 2015
But the hottest place on earth us the Sahara desert..
Re: Extreme Weather Conditions: 19 Coldest And Hottest Inhabited Places On Earth. by seunny4lif(m): 4:38pm On Dec 08, 2015
Aitee1:

You mean the heat wey make me almost naked for Jigawa no reach these ones

I shed tears for heat like a baby...from floor to bed to wall very hot to the point that we had to device a means to go to bank everyday to queue and deposit 1k just to feel AC small, poor man dey suffer for North oh.
Northern Nigeria no hot, U need to visit Agadez in Niger rep or Durukun in the same Nigeria then come back an tell us?
These places worst die cos 4 things are involved there
Re: Extreme Weather Conditions: 19 Coldest And Hottest Inhabited Places On Earth. by seunny4lif(m): 4:39pm On Dec 08, 2015
grin grin
abumeinben:
But the hottest place on earth us the Sahara desert..
Re: Extreme Weather Conditions: 19 Coldest And Hottest Inhabited Places On Earth. by Nobody: 4:39pm On Dec 08, 2015
Explorers:

Hot like kilode grin...Northern Nigeria is hot but not as extreme as these places.
I have being to some northern states reaching 45 degree
Re: Extreme Weather Conditions: 19 Coldest And Hottest Inhabited Places On Earth. by perlyc: 4:48pm On Dec 08, 2015
perlyc:
[size=28pt]--I C T Scholarship, Apply here:
http://rightlinkhere..com
[/size]
Re: Extreme Weather Conditions: 19 Coldest And Hottest Inhabited Places On Earth. by NovusHomo(m): 4:48pm On Dec 08, 2015
kbshow100:
I never thought that temperature can exceed 40 degree Celsius,,

Thump up OP,, very educative

THUMBS (the fingers) up!
Re: Extreme Weather Conditions: 19 Coldest And Hottest Inhabited Places On Earth. by Aitee1: 4:48pm On Dec 08, 2015
seunny4lif:

Northern Nigeria no hot, U need to visit Agadez in Niger rep or Durukun in the same Nigeria then come back an tell us?
These places worst die cos 4 things are involved there

That's serious!
Re: Extreme Weather Conditions: 19 Coldest And Hottest Inhabited Places On Earth. by Nobody: 4:49pm On Dec 08, 2015
Vivly:
Op your forgot to mention the Wall. North of winterfell. It's very cold up there. Ask the Nights Watch.
And then Dorne. Very hot up there. Ask the sand snakes.

Re: Extreme Weather Conditions: 19 Coldest And Hottest Inhabited Places On Earth. by Nobody: 4:51pm On Dec 08, 2015
the Persian Gulf would be too hot & unlivable by 2100 as well.
Re: Extreme Weather Conditions: 19 Coldest And Hottest Inhabited Places On Earth. by wtfCode: 4:52pm On Dec 08, 2015
choi...this reminds me of one funny video of an igbo guy that travelled to russia to hustle.
Mehn, i can't travel to this kinda places for tourism,unless its 'bout money making.

1 Like

Re: Extreme Weather Conditions: 19 Coldest And Hottest Inhabited Places On Earth. by fikolo: 4:52pm On Dec 08, 2015
Folks in Jos , Plateau state and Mambila Plateau in Taraba state should give us the weather report over there
Re: Extreme Weather Conditions: 19 Coldest And Hottest Inhabited Places On Earth. by Nobody: 4:56pm On Dec 08, 2015
i wonder how Libyans residing in or within the environs of Al Alzizia are surviving
Re: Extreme Weather Conditions: 19 Coldest And Hottest Inhabited Places On Earth. by fada11(m): 4:58pm On Dec 08, 2015
Explorers:
As most of the northern hemisphere is currently huddled under blankets and battling frigid temperatures, it might be hard to imagine any place on earth that could get colder than the subzero temperatures that many populated cities struggle with in the coldest months of the year. Yet, humans are remarkably adaptable and over the millennia have found ways to make do in some of the most extreme and inhospitable climates on earth. From fiery heat in the Sonoran Desert to extreme cold in Russia, Greenland and Canada, the following are some of the most inhospitable places (as far as temperature is concerned) where people carry on life, and have for centuries. Robust heaters or reliable air conditioners are definitely recommended in these places.

source: http://www.therichest.com/rich-list/the-19-coldest-and-hottest-inhabited-places-on-earth/
cc: Justwise, Lalasticlala
Re: Extreme Weather Conditions: 19 Coldest And Hottest Inhabited Places On Earth. by Edoblakky(m): 5:03pm On Dec 08, 2015
Explorer, thanks for sharing!
I only recently moved to Calgary, Canada and I'm told I'm so lucky as the temperature hasn't exceeded -20 deg C. It gets as low as -40 or even less. The snow that fell last 2 weeks ago has still not evaporated.

I visited Dubai with my wife in the summer of 2011 and met about 52 deg C. Those places are not meant to be inhabited but the inhabitants have made it so comfortable that everywhere - shopping malls, small shops and eateries all have chilling air conditioners.

By and large, people are able to live in these extreme temperature regions because of their low humidity. Nigeria cannot stand 0deg C because our relative humidity is very high. Na mass death be that!

1 Like

Re: Extreme Weather Conditions: 19 Coldest And Hottest Inhabited Places On Earth. by FOREXMART(m): 5:10pm On Dec 08, 2015
I'll still take the cold spots over the hot ones.

1 Like

Re: Extreme Weather Conditions: 19 Coldest And Hottest Inhabited Places On Earth. by eazydon(m): 5:20pm On Dec 08, 2015
Aitee1:

This thing you're laughing now wasn't funny then oh, Infact we concluded that place is hell on earth, very hot place but the indigene were working about like nothing is happening

Sorry hun it's part of them nah. Anyway, are you still over there?
Re: Extreme Weather Conditions: 19 Coldest And Hottest Inhabited Places On Earth. by Nobody: 5:22pm On Dec 08, 2015
Really cool. Extreme heat is better than extreme cold IMO
Re: Extreme Weather Conditions: 19 Coldest And Hottest Inhabited Places On Earth. by ekoko1: 5:23pm On Dec 08, 2015
his research is on point, but he missed the desert in Ethiopia and libya
Re: Extreme Weather Conditions: 19 Coldest And Hottest Inhabited Places On Earth. by Aitee1: 5:23pm On Dec 08, 2015
eazydon:

Sorry hun it's part of them nah. Anyway, are you still over there?

Godforbid!!! Na Nysc carry me go there oh

1 Like

Re: Extreme Weather Conditions: 19 Coldest And Hottest Inhabited Places On Earth. by oluwasegun007(m): 5:24pm On Dec 08, 2015
Russia is not a place for single guys...... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Extreme Weather Conditions: 19 Coldest And Hottest Inhabited Places On Earth. by Nobody: 5:41pm On Dec 08, 2015
Oymyakon abi undecided issorait!
Re: Extreme Weather Conditions: 19 Coldest And Hottest Inhabited Places On Earth. by jacoik(m): 6:00pm On Dec 08, 2015
u write all this and refuse to put Ijebu ode wey dey hot like mama Nkechi kitchen
Re: Extreme Weather Conditions: 19 Coldest And Hottest Inhabited Places On Earth. by Jabioro: 6:17pm On Dec 08, 2015
Insightful, educative, and very informative ,the OP has done a great explorer research. May God continue to Bless more and more ...let indomine generation learn more..work
Re: Extreme Weather Conditions: 19 Coldest And Hottest Inhabited Places On Earth. by masseratti: 6:23pm On Dec 08, 2015
God bless explorers,your source or resource will never dry.btw where is ?
Re: Extreme Weather Conditions: 19 Coldest And Hottest Inhabited Places On Earth. by ichommy(m): 6:38pm On Dec 08, 2015
Bad bo! grin
oluwasegun007:
Russia is not a place for single guys...... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Extreme Weather Conditions: 19 Coldest And Hottest Inhabited Places On Earth. by jackima: 6:50pm On Dec 08, 2015
More of this on FP. Very educative. Thank you.
Re: Extreme Weather Conditions: 19 Coldest And Hottest Inhabited Places On Earth. by chinexxx(m): 7:40pm On Dec 08, 2015
What of Sokoto?
Re: Extreme Weather Conditions: 19 Coldest And Hottest Inhabited Places On Earth. by lukas280(m): 8:02pm On Dec 08, 2015
nd place like iceland is not mention? then i doubt this thing

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Scientists Discover Planet Made Of Diamonds (Picture) / Pictures Of The Lunar Eclipse. Did You Experience It??? / Woman Flees Her House In The Middle Of the Night After Finding A Python

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.