Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,794 members, 7,820,786 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:36 PM

A Friend In A Fix. To Take The New Bank Job Or Not? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / A Friend In A Fix. To Take The New Bank Job Or Not? (1000 Views)

"N300k Job Or I Won't Work" - Slay Queen, Chinny Okekki (Photos) / How I Failed The Fidelity Bank Job Test / 52k Bank Job Or 40k Teaching Job? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Friend In A Fix. To Take The New Bank Job Or Not? by TheeRevelation: 6:56pm On Oct 03, 2015
Please a friend of mine is in a fix and doesn't know what to do.

He is a computer scientist and has been working in a IT firm for about 5months now as a contract staff. The I.T firm is quite popular and big in the I.T industry but isn't well structured as per internal promotions and growth. He has time for himself, time to attend programs, interviews and planning on starting his masters soon along side with the job as the job isn't much demanding.

Now he just got an offer (permanent staff) in a bank as an operation staff. Now the problems are these:

1. He's afraid the bank would tie him down and not give him as much time as he has now considering its operations department.

2. The difference in the pay is not even up to 10k.

3. He's considering the full staff position is more stable and would give him bargaining power in future interview.

4. Bank wahala again.

Please your honest advises are appreciated.

Thanks.
Re: A Friend In A Fix. To Take The New Bank Job Or Not? by Wealthyone: 7:43pm On Oct 03, 2015
You have d answers u want, you just need someone to tell you to stay in the IT firm.

My advice is: Stay, attend more interviews and don't settle for the bank job.

NB: what's d duration of d contract? Is it renewable?

1 Like

Re: A Friend In A Fix. To Take The New Bank Job Or Not? by TheeRevelation: 7:51pm On Oct 03, 2015
Wealthyone:
You have d answers u want, you just need someone to tell you to stay in the IT firm.

My advice is: Stay, attend more interviews and don't settle for the bank job.

NB: what's d duration of d contract? Is it renewable?

Yes. Renewable.
Re: A Friend In A Fix. To Take The New Bank Job Or Not? by funkyglitz: 7:55pm On Oct 03, 2015
U have alredi decided wat u want 2 do and secondly if u knew u we're comfortable wif d IT firm y apply 4 d bank job disposing sm1 else of that job opportunity
Re: A Friend In A Fix. To Take The New Bank Job Or Not? by TheeRevelation: 8:00pm On Oct 03, 2015
funkyglitz:
U have alredi decided wat u want 2 do and secondly if u knew u we're comfortable wif d IT firm y apply 4 d bank job disposing sm1 else of that job opportunity

He thought the Bank job would come with a much more higher pay.

(1) (Reply)

Urgent Vancancy For 40 Security Personnel leaving around yaba axis / Urgent Employment!!! / Agric Teacher Needed In An International Secondary School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.