Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,746 members, 7,817,058 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:01 AM

How Have You Been Surviving Without A Job? - Jobs/Vacancies (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Have You Been Surviving Without A Job? (42326 Views)

Surviving A Job Interview Loss / Career Tips:surviving Unemployment / Surviving In Present Day Nigeria: For The Ex-corpers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Have You Been Surviving Without A Job? by 123papas(m): 7:38am On Oct 05, 2015
bad advise
odaniel1:
I survive by punting! Playing realistic forecasts on Bet9ja has been my survival tool. I earn a minimum of N15k per month frm my bets. And that keeps me going in the search for a better opportunity in the labour market while it lasts!
Re: How Have You Been Surviving Without A Job? by manie(m): 7:51am On Oct 05, 2015
freshness2020:
Finished with a 2.1 in french yet no job. I jumped into video editing as an added skill yet coys refused to take me as an intern to gather experience. Doing business now. Nigeria go beta.
Then you are employed, business is a job.
Re: How Have You Been Surviving Without A Job? by joeshed(m): 8:18am On Oct 05, 2015
your story is inspiring....
Re: How Have You Been Surviving Without A Job? by benjaminiyke(m): 8:24am On Oct 05, 2015
dlex21:
sure
Okay! Will send you a personal message. Thanks
Re: How Have You Been Surviving Without A Job? by Haboseyday(f): 8:34am On Oct 05, 2015
engrshakespeare:

You dont deceive with fake job vacancies but you tell people to register and start living the life of their dreams like money is that easy to make. Lies na lies no matter the type. Interested ke, dream on.

Yes
I can't argue anything with u coz u know nothing abt Network marketing.
But u can make use of google on ur fone if u want to know more abt it.
Gracias
Re: How Have You Been Surviving Without A Job? by fpeter(f): 8:45am On Oct 05, 2015
benedima1990:
Am ashamed to say this but my mother is just the best.

There's nothing to be ashamed of,it is what we mothers do! and we do it with great pride and love
Trust me,someday the tables will turn and i know you will take good care of her in old age. smiley
Re: How Have You Been Surviving Without A Job? by Nobody: 9:02am On Oct 05, 2015
manie:
Are you a graduate, have you done NYSC. Your NYSC allowance is a good seed capital. I did my NYSC in 1997 at Abeokuta, a fellow corper from FUTA believed nobody would employ him because he made a 3rd class in Electrical Engineering. The guy used his NYSC allowance to buy laminating machine, which batch A corpers used in laminating their discharge certificates. The profits made from lamination was used in buying a computer, he later got a place which he used as a business centre at Pansheke. From one phocopier and one computer, he grew to 6 computers and 2 copier as at the time we finished NYSC. He decided to stay back in Abeokuta after service. I used to frequent Abeokuta after NYSC because I had a babe in the town. Each time I visited Abk, I always checked on my guy and found out that his business was growing. He introduced computer training and later internet browsing to his clients and customers. The biggest break came when GSM was introduced, imagine making profits of about 5k on every line sold, he also diversified into sale of phones and computers. The last time I saw him in 2011 he now has 2 properties in town.One of the properties is a shopping complex, while the other has a bank as the tenant. All these happened within 13 years.

Na God win!
Re: How Have You Been Surviving Without A Job? by oskamboo: 9:02am On Oct 05, 2015
manie:
Are you a graduate, have you done NYSC. Your NYSC allowance is a good seed capital. I did my NYSC in 1997 at Abeokuta, a fellow corper from FUTA believed nobody would employ him because he made a 3rd class in Electrical Engineering. The guy used his NYSC allowance to buy laminating machine, which batch A corpers used in laminating their discharge certificates. The profits made from lamination was used in buying a computer, he later got a place which he used as a business centre at Pansheke. From one phocopier and one computer, he grew to 6 computers and 2 copier as at the time we finished NYSC. He decided to stay back in Abeokuta after service. I used to frequent Abeokuta after NYSC because I had a babe in the town. Each time I visited Abk, I always checked on my guy and found out that his business was growing. He introduced computer training and later internet browsing to his clients and customers. The biggest break came when GSM was introduced, imagine making profits of about 5k on every line sold, he also diversified into sale of phones and computers. The last time I saw him in 2011 he now has 2 properties in town.One of the properties is a shopping complex, while the other has a bank as the tenant. All these happened within 13 years.
This is inspiring, I hope we can remove that pride in us and start no matter how small the beginning looks like. It's a matter of time, with focus of mind, hardwork, commitment and God's grace, we will surpass our dreams...
Re: How Have You Been Surviving Without A Job? by Nobody: 9:22am On Oct 05, 2015
lestat:

Again you talked but said nothing? The OP asked how does he survive without a job meaning he has nothing doing and u said have faith and do what you do? This is the type of reasoning that has held people in abject poverty and tomorrow they start blaming their relatives in the village!
I feel out I must point out to you that it isn't mandatory for one to comment on a topic is deep deliberate thinking hasn't been employed toward any apparent answers offered

My brother I get your pain, some people like to be spoon fed. Someone tells u what to do, someone has to also tell u how to do it, you also want someone to show u where to do it. And then you spend 20yrs doing what you have been told only to discover at the end that you chose a wrong path. Then you start to blame God or your village.

If there was a holy grail to achieve wealth dont you think that everybody would have been applying it. Just like in the bible, you have to interprete almost everything in other to apply it in life. That's how you also have to prayfor guidiance in whatever you do or where ever you find yourself . some people that are wealthy today is not by a formular but simply running into a life changing contact by chance. So if he tells u how he made it, does that mean u should start staging meeting people by chance so as to become wealthy too.

What I'm saying is, if its pure water you want to sell, be serious with it, if in 5yrs time you start producing your own pure water, you will still be better than people doing nothing. If you are able to shift to bottle water, you are far better than someone who didn't start anything 10yrs ago. If it takes you 20yrs to diversify into beverages ...you are the boss.

So which ever path u decide to take you need God and perseviarance. All I have just said sounds easy but I dont even think I have what it takes to do all this but I know the principle. Its God and perseviarance.

That is why I am applying it to where I found myself, which is piling and foundation. I am a mechanical engr. But I found myself in civil engineering and that's what I'm doing even though I didntvpike civil engineering when I got the admission 14yrs ago. I had to do basic just so that I get mechanical. But here I am today doing piling and foundations, even jetties and shoreline.

So there is no formulae my friend, look around you, discover, decide and pray as you go.

God bless!

1 Like

Re: How Have You Been Surviving Without A Job? by Malakh: 9:26am On Oct 05, 2015
ojun50:
Most time i ask my self why did i go to sch instead of learning trade but i still thank God for using my family to cover my shame. God we see us all.
You said a mouthful scriptures speaks on this Isaiah 1;29...its gonna happen to a lot more people because worldly system of thing is an idol, in this context,i'm talking about universal degrees from university
Re: How Have You Been Surviving Without A Job? by simplisity(m): 9:42am On Oct 05, 2015
steffans:

Why are u ashamed?
Some people with jobs still run back to their mothers.. When broke.
You can never understand the love of a mother..
U said it all, even when she has notthing, she alwas cares.

1 Like

Re: How Have You Been Surviving Without A Job? by puffylatic(m): 9:50am On Oct 05, 2015
There is God
Re: How Have You Been Surviving Without A Job? by Nobody: 9:59am On Oct 05, 2015
g2soul11:

what about me... . no job but still have to takia of my girlfriend of 4 years.. . dating before graduating
That's the reason you have been jobless. Leave her and use the money you have been spending on her in acquiring a skill or job hunting and see if you would not be gainfully employed.
Re: How Have You Been Surviving Without A Job? by Nobody: 10:07am On Oct 05, 2015
Fxwarrior:

What baffles me is when people keep saying there's no job. There are jobs.The only impediment is that how can I a whole graduate be selling bread, akara, purewater, gala,lacasera, cake,bons, chinchin, meatpie..The list is inexhaustive.
Yet there is money atleast 20-40k/month in most of these businesses.
Its far better than working in these companies and being paid 10-15k with hard labour!
I have been there.
They don't know....hence a graduate find it difficult to get an accommodation but these gala sellers have a roof over their head, buy clothes, shoes and have a girlfriend but most graduates see themselves as not been able to do such jobs..... Lol!!!! I know of one that married a graduate...... Mechanics are getting married, the electrician that works in my apartment is married.... many of the graduates here are in their late 20's yet no babe or girlfriend....... Keep waiting for that elusive job.
Thumbs up for your write up.

1 Like

Re: How Have You Been Surviving Without A Job? by Nobody: 10:10am On Oct 05, 2015
Godmother:

My dear, you couldn't be more wrong. Not every lady gets money that easily. Sometimes we women also hustle and do odd (sometimes demeaning) jobs just to keep body and soul alive. If I tell you some of the jobs I have done ehn, you will bow. My motor is, "so long as its morally and legally right, it can be done". God has also blessed me with some high-profile jobs too sha. Guess He wanted to bless my hustle.
Well, that's you but... sincerely speaking..... most girls use what they have to get what they want most especially the single Mums..... that did not attend school or acquire a skill.....#fact!!!!
Re: How Have You Been Surviving Without A Job? by Yeske2(m): 10:17am On Oct 05, 2015
benedima1990:
Am ashamed to say this but my mother is just the best.
You killed me with this, moms are always the best.
I feel you though

1 Like

Re: How Have You Been Surviving Without A Job? by manie(m): 10:23am On Oct 05, 2015
F50:

Na God win!
Combined with the humility to start small, focus and consistence.
Re: How Have You Been Surviving Without A Job? by gmacnoms(m): 10:24am On Oct 05, 2015
F50:

What I meant was that the next unexpected little job just comes unexpectedly...kind of keeping the train rolling till tomorrow. If you are a business man u would understand. Its not every business u accept to do, but when the market is very bad like during this election period. You tend to pray for the slightest opportunity...and what I mean is God has always made a way. No think am too much just have faith.then stop using * appear from no where. There's always a source made available from God. It doesn't appear from nowhere into d account

Any questions?
Re: How Have You Been Surviving Without A Job? by Nobody: 10:27am On Oct 05, 2015
DBriteLitehouse:

I remember when I just graduated.I asked a girl out.She told me blankly that I can't date her because I can't take care of her needs/wants.
Figuratively speaking most Nigerian girls are handicapped or less privileged because they believe that a man would be the one to do everything for them including thinking for them!!!!! very few of them are hardworking.

1 Like

Re: How Have You Been Surviving Without A Job? by Nobody: 10:28am On Oct 05, 2015
Princess4eva:

I concur. After graduation, I waited at home for 7years. How did I do it? I depended on family and my boyfriend then now my husband but I am not one to be comfortable not working or depending on people for survival. Even then, I do volunteer work for NGOs though it was not constant.

Talking about being underemployed, I was for some time. The primary school where I taught were paying me 21k. The story has changed now. I earn a 6 digit salary still in the same establishment. My salary has improved, Yes! but my earnings don't all come from the salary. I do private tutorials, I do bead, I sell Jewellery, I sell shirts plus contract to do supplies.

Lesson: Don't despise humble beginnings. Don't be afraid to start small. God bless your hustle.
Tell them....mist of them want to ride a car in two years time.
Re: How Have You Been Surviving Without A Job? by Nobody: 10:35am On Oct 05, 2015
manie:
This is impressive...... same story about a dude that started out as a drummer learnt the art of playing it made money from it but was not enough when hunger strikes him like three times he diverted into learning how to drive after learning he started tutoring people and from there got his own car. Today he owns a driving school, two cars and plan on getting married soon. My advise to graduates.... drop that stupid mentality that am a graduate and get your hands dirty....my cousin is just an Secondary school holder services generator..... he has money.... plenty of it.

1 Like

Re: How Have You Been Surviving Without A Job? by free37: 11:19am On Oct 05, 2015
Nice tips.

1 Like

Re: How Have You Been Surviving Without A Job? by Chidimercy: 11:21am On Oct 05, 2015
Edipee:
God na your hand I dey o. I'ave not yet served but I'ave started feeling the heat.

thesame here.. Still in 3rd yr buh can no longer absorb d heat
Re: How Have You Been Surviving Without A Job? by Vikkiboi(m): 11:36am On Oct 05, 2015
Well, I am currently under employed.

Am a graduate of Accounting 2.2 and am earning less than 30k in a company I served. Well I thank God for everything and I know for sure that a better job will come. Amen cry

1 Like

Re: How Have You Been Surviving Without A Job? by jaydee87(m): 12:36pm On Oct 05, 2015
freshness2020:
Finished with a 2.1 in french yet no job. I jumped into video editing as an added skill yet coys refused to take me as an intern to gather experience. Doing business now. Nigeria go beta.
Re: How Have You Been Surviving Without A Job? by jaydee87(m): 12:49pm On Oct 05, 2015
freshness2020:
b
bro u sitting on a wealth and u let it lay low pls go start a French school, u will make thousands from it. just remember me wen u start hitting the gold... start now bro...

1 Like

Re: How Have You Been Surviving Without A Job? by Edipee(m): 1:03pm On Oct 05, 2015
The Lord is our strength.
Chidimercy:

thesame here.. Still in 3rd yr buh can no longer absorb d heat
Re: How Have You Been Surviving Without A Job? by princehabyb(m): 1:13pm On Oct 05, 2015
you can put an initial seed capital of N6,600 and watch how it does the magic of generating incomes to you with little work,you can earn 1,320 daily and can increased up to N16,500 to more than N33,000weekly without selling anything..
Now i want to form a strong team of 6 people whose desires are hot enough to make this real& are also ready to risk their onetime payment of N6,600 into this business opportunity
Re: How Have You Been Surviving Without A Job? by okparadonhenry(m): 2:06pm On Oct 05, 2015
odaniel1:
I survive by punting! Playing realistic forecasts on Bet9ja has been my survival tool. I earn a minimum of N15k per month frm my bets. And that keeps me going in the search for a better opportunity in the labour market while it lasts!
ma guy u try
Re: How Have You Been Surviving Without A Job? by engrshakespeare: 2:12pm On Oct 05, 2015
Haboseyday:

Yes
I can't argue anything with u coz u know nothing abt Network marketing.
But u can make use of google on ur fone if u want to know more abt it.
Gracias

I know more than you can imagine.
Re: How Have You Been Surviving Without A Job? by surestme: 3:01pm On Oct 05, 2015
PrimeMinisterr:
here I Am, Contemplating on whether to quit My present job and search for another 'I want some more' ! whereas some one out there have got none. oh Lord , what a fool I Am.'
In your shoes as well because the job isn't close to my career path and no promotion. Been working for two years now and still on the same position. I need something challenging in my field. I don't mind giving up this job for what i derive pleasure in doing for half the salary i'm earning now but i still thank God for what i have.

2 Likes

Re: How Have You Been Surviving Without A Job? by Nobody: 3:37pm On Oct 05, 2015
DrGroove:

NO
Girls don't want to hustle with you busy looking for finished product husband and wondering why they are single at 49..... Check out NL dating site.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Stanbic Ibtc is Recruiting Graduate Trainees / 16 Difficult Interview Questions And Answers / Boss Group Of Companies - Interview Invitation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.