Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,619 members, 7,816,544 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:58 PM

Bash/shell Scripting In A Unix/linux Environment - Programming (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Bash/shell Scripting In A Unix/linux Environment (6905 Views)

PHP Or Python For Server-side Scripting / I Need Who Will Teach Me Linux And Shell Scripting / Which Programming Language Was Used For Nairaland Server-side Scripting? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bash/shell Scripting In A Unix/linux Environment by Fulaman198(m): 6:55pm On Oct 28, 2015
baba11:

Graphics user interface as how?

There are GUIs in GNU/Linux. You have Unity for example in Ubuntu and GNOME in many distros.
Re: Bash/shell Scripting In A Unix/linux Environment by Fulaman198(m): 6:56pm On Oct 28, 2015
I'll do a very serious post soon with some screen shots
Re: Bash/shell Scripting In A Unix/linux Environment by Fulaman198(m): 12:47am On Oct 29, 2015
So just to go over a few of the things we discussed earlier. I will start off with the list command (ls) and illustrate what it can do.

before we go back to the basics of Linux, I wanted to go ahead and include some code sampling for you guys to look at..

Here, I wrote a simple script to discern whether a directory in Linux exists, or if it does not exist (or is not a directory). Nothing too complex for the time being, I just want you guys to see the structure of a simple script.

#!/bin/bash
#This is a simple bash programme that tests for file input

#Sequence will prompt user to enter a directory and check if directory exists.
echo -n "Hello user, please enter a directory so that we may verify that it exists"

#Next command reads user input
read file_dir

#this next command will test if the user has truly inputted a directory and then will test if the directory exists or does not
#Result will display a message that states the directory does not exist, if it doesn't
#Result will display a message that directory exists, if it does exist

if [ -d $file_dir ]; then #test if directory exists
echo "You are in luck, this directory exists."
elif [ ! -d $file_dir ]; then #Let user know that either this is not a directory or does not exist
echo "Error: This user prompt is possibly not a directory or does not exist."
fi

As you may notice, the if test here is testing the input variable "file_dir" to discern whether or not there is a directory by what the user has input. in an if test, the brackets mean to test. When the brackets finalise their test, they return a value (if you are familiar with computer programming, this value is either 0 or 1 (true or false).

the elif (which stands for else if) will test if the file is not a directory and then it will output (echo) an error message stating that the user input is not a specified directory and possibly does not exist.

As aformentioned, the "#" is how one formulates comments in bash.

Like AAinEQGuinea stated, in order to run or execute your script you must have the proper permissions to do so. This is not a Linux course, it's more of a scripting course, but I'll tell you how one does that.

chmod a+x filename - This command gives execution privileges for the specified filename alternatively, you could also do 'chmod 751 filename'

what that means is give yourself (the owner of the file, read, write and execute privileges, give the group execute and read privileges, and give everyone else execute privileges). We can open a Linux inquiry thread if you all would like to know more about shell commands at the command line.

1 Like

Re: Bash/shell Scripting In A Unix/linux Environment by orobogenius: 8:35am On Oct 29, 2015
This is good sir. Quick question: what does the -n option in echo and -d option in the if condition do?

1 Like

Re: Bash/shell Scripting In A Unix/linux Environment by MOM1(m): 1:30pm On Oct 29, 2015
Borwe:

You mean Java the Oracle version?
Yeah I know, and if you want to use it, just learn java.

It is not Java.. But i got it now! Thanks
Re: Bash/shell Scripting In A Unix/linux Environment by Fulaman198(m): 7:30pm On Oct 29, 2015
orobogenius:
This is good sir. Quick question: what does the -n option in echo and -d option in the if condition do?

the '-n' option with echo just makes it so that it does not go to a new line, the way it is described in man is: "do not output the trailing newline". E.g.

echo -n "What is your name?:"
read name

vs.

echo "What is your name?:"
read name

output would look like this:

What is your name?: Hamidu

as opposed to this:

What is your name?:
Hamidu

The '-d' option in the if statement tests whether the variable in question is a directory e.g. /home/Hamidu is a directory as opposed to a file "randomfile.txt". Please let me know if you need any further explanation.

1 Like

Re: Bash/shell Scripting In A Unix/linux Environment by MOM1(m): 4:51pm On Oct 30, 2015
Do you know the command to find the location of SPFILE?
Re: Bash/shell Scripting In A Unix/linux Environment by Fulaman198(m): 3:13am On Nov 10, 2015
Ok ladies and gentlemen, I apologise for having not updated this thread in a long time, I have gone ahead and created a script for you guys to assess. Again, its a very simple script written in the BASH programming language. The purpose of the script is to iterate through an entire process in which it searches an entire Directory (utilising a For Loop), and then upon reading the directory, it returns whether the elements within the directory are either a File or another directory within a directory.

In Image 1, I created a few files with names of our beautiful Nigerian Ethnicities (sorry if you do not see your own, I was in a hurry to update this thread), and 2 directories in which I place Fulani Music and Hausa Music. Please have a look.

In Image 2, you can find the source code of this simple script.

Re: Bash/shell Scripting In A Unix/linux Environment by Dekatron(m): 7:00pm On Nov 11, 2015
Fulaman198:
Ok ladies and gentlemen, I apologise for having not updated this thread in a long time, I have gone ahead and created a script for you guys to assess. Again, its a very simple script written in the BASH programming language. The purpose of the script is to iterate through an entire process in which it searches an entire Directory (utilising a For Loop), and then upon reading the directory, it returns whether the elements within the directory are either a File or another directory within a directory.

In Image 1, I created a few files with names of our beautiful Nigerian Ethnicities (sorry if you do not see your own, I was in a hurry to update this thread), and 2 directories in which I place Fulani Music and Hausa Music. Please have a look.

Okay. Cool!!

I have a question. I have been hearing alot about LINUX and trust me, I wish to know. The noise is too much.

To the question :-

DO WE HAVE COMPUTERS PRE-INSTALLED WITH LINUX? I mean, Hp makes WINDOWS INSTALLED PC. Apple, MAC OS X . . . Do we have for Linux?

Second, what are the minimum requirements if I were to say that :- I WANT TO REMOVE/FORMAT MY HARD DISK AND INSTALL LINUX FRESH!!

Can I erase Windows on an Hp or Windows laptop generally, and put Linux there? Does that mean that the computer's keypads (like start button) will be obsolete on Linux? Or Linux also has something for that?

Please, i have NEVER USED ANOTHER OS apart from Almighty Punny Windows. I even taught myself to use a PC. Didn't attend a computer training like my friends. HAVEN'T EVEN PERSONALLY USE MAC OS X before.

1 Like

Re: Bash/shell Scripting In A Unix/linux Environment by MOM1(m): 8:49pm On Nov 11, 2015
How do you test Oracle network connectivity by using command on the Virtual Machine?
Re: Bash/shell Scripting In A Unix/linux Environment by Fulaman198(m): 5:41am On Nov 12, 2015
Dekatron:

Okay. Cool!!

I have a question. I have been hearing alot about LINUX and trust me, I wish to know. The noise is too much.

To the question :-

DO WE HAVE COMPUTERS PRE-INSTALLED WITH LINUX? I mean, Hp makes WINDOWS INSTALLED PC. Apple, MAC OS X . . . Do we have for Linux?

Second, what are the minimum requirements if I were to say that :- I WANT TO REMOVE/FORMAT MY HARD DISK AND INSTALL LINUX FRESH!!

Can I erase Windows on an Hp or Windows laptop generally, and put Linux there? Does that mean that the computer's keypads (like start button) will be obsolete on Linux? Or Linux also has something for that?

Please, i have NEVER USED ANOTHER OS apart from Almighty Punny Windows. I even taught myself to use a PC. Didn't attend a computer training like my friends. HAVEN'T EVEN PERSONALLY USE MAC OS X before.

Hey brother, you have some very excellent questions. Before I address them, I wanted to take the time to say that your story about teaching yourself general computing was very heart-warming and i urge you to continue on that path. Now, let me address your questions.

Are there computers that come pre-installed/pre-loaded with Linux? Yes, there are a few, one may be able to find Ubuntu Linux on Dell, HP, Lenovo and Asus computers. However, they are hard to find.

Minimum requirements for installing Ubuntu Linux are even less demanding than Windows OS, they are as follows: Ubuntu Desktop Edition
700 MHz processor (about Intel Celeron or better)
512 MiB RAM (system memory)
5 GB of hard-drive space (or USB stick, memory card or external drive but see LiveCD for an alternative approach)
VGA capable of 1024x768 screen resolution.
Either a CD/DVD drive or a USB port for the installer media.

I do urge you to install Ubuntu as using it is quite simple. The GUI is quite easy to familiarise yourself with.

You definitely can overwrite Windows OS all together with a fresh Ubuntu Linux installation. It may take about half an hour or so for the entire installation process. Feel free to ask as many questions as you like.
Re: Bash/shell Scripting In A Unix/linux Environment by Fulaman198(m): 5:43am On Nov 12, 2015
MOM1:
How do you test Oracle network connectivity by using command on the Virtual Machine?

I am a bit confused by your question my friend. Testing network connectivity can be done in numerous ways.

For example, if you want to test LAN connectivity (meaning Inter-Network connectivity) what you could simply do is ping devices on your network. Some devices would include your network printer, another computer, your non-VM local IP address, etc.

To test and see if you have connectivity outside of the network, you can try pinging google.com. Let me know if this answers your question. Thanks!
Re: Bash/shell Scripting In A Unix/linux Environment by Dekatron(m): 8:41pm On Nov 12, 2015
Fulaman198:

Hey brother, you have some very excellent questions. Before I address them, I wanted to take the time to say that your story about teaching yourself general computing was very heart-warming and i urge you to continue on that path. Now, let me address your questions.

Are there computers that come pre-installed/pre-loaded with Linux? Yes, there are a few, one may be able to find Ubuntu Linux on Dell, HP, Lenovo and Asus computers. However, they are hard to find.

Minimum requirements for installing Ubuntu Linux are even less demanding than Windows OS, they are as follows: Ubuntu Desktop Edition
700 MHz processor (about Intel Celeron or better)
512 MiB RAM (system memory)
5 GB of hard-drive space (or USB stick, memory card or external drive but see LiveCD for an alternative approach)
VGA capable of 1024x768 screen resolution.
Either a CD/DVD drive or a USB port for the installer media.

I do urge you to install Ubuntu as using it is quite simple. The GUI is quite easy to familiarise yourself with.

You definitely can overwrite Windows OS all together with a fresh Ubuntu Linux installation. It may take about half an hour or so for the entire installation process. Feel free to ask as many questions as you like.

This is really good news!!

But, I wish to know :- WHAT EXACTLY CAN LINUX DO THAT WINDOWS CAN NEVER TRY?

If I wanted to port to Windows back, how do I do that??

Can I create a partition on my PC (Hp, SATA HDD) and then install Ubuntu on the second partition?

THANKS SIR.
Re: Bash/shell Scripting In A Unix/linux Environment by Fulaman198(m): 9:55pm On Nov 12, 2015
Dekatron:

This is really good news!!

But, I wish to know :- WHAT EXACTLY CAN LINUX DO THAT WINDOWS CAN NEVER TRY?

If I wanted to port to Windows back, how do I do that??

Can I create a partition on my PC (Hp, SATA HDD) and then install Ubuntu on the second partition?

THANKS SIR.

Dual-booting Ubuntu Linux is quite possible and very easy to do. There should be numerous videos on how to do it on YouTube. Porting back to Windows is very easily done as long as you hold onto your Windows Product Key. Make sure you keep that for safeguarding.

Ubuntu Linux has some things that Windows lacks (mainly at the command line). But you have to be very technical to use these tools. Linux has built-in SSH capability at the command line. With Windows, you need a 3rd party tool like PuTTY in order to utilise this command line function.

There are many ways to install Ubuntu, you don't even have to create partition, you can also create a Virtual machine and see if you enjoy it (though depending on your current computer specifications, Ubuntu may not run quickly as a VM). VMPlayer and Oracle VirtualBox are free VMWare software that enables one to install a virtual machine image of their choice.

Practically, I view Linux as a more secure and stable OS than Windows. It really is a great OS for developers and people who are just every day users.
Re: Bash/shell Scripting In A Unix/linux Environment by MOM1(m): 10:00pm On Nov 12, 2015
Fulaman198:

I am a bit confused by your question my friend. Testing network connectivity can be done in numerous ways.

For example, if you want to test LAN connectivity (meaning Inter-Network connectivity) what you could simply do is ping devices on your network. Some devices would include your network printer, another computer, your non-VM local IP address, etc.

To test and see if you have connectivity outside of the network, you can try pinging google.com. Let me know if this answers your question. Thanks!

When running the oracle virtual machine. If you need to test connectivity with the host. N.B. the host did not provide the ip address. How can one use the command TSNping
Re: Bash/shell Scripting In A Unix/linux Environment by Fulaman198(m): 10:04pm On Nov 12, 2015
MOM1:

When running the oracle virtual machine. If you need to test connectivity with the host. N.B. the host did not provide the ip address. How can one use the command TSNping

I am not really an expert with Oracle, but have you added '$ORACLE_HOME/bin' to your PATH environmental variable?
Re: Bash/shell Scripting In A Unix/linux Environment by Borwe: 7:35am On Nov 13, 2015
Fulaman198:

Which OS is that your using?
Re: Bash/shell Scripting In A Unix/linux Environment by Fulaman198(m): 4:58pm On Nov 13, 2015
Borwe:

Which OS is that your using?

That is Linux, but CentOS Linux.
Re: Bash/shell Scripting In A Unix/linux Environment by Borwe: 5:17pm On Nov 14, 2015
Fulaman198:

That is Linux, but CentOS Linux.
Looks like white version of Debian
Re: Bash/shell Scripting In A Unix/linux Environment by Fulaman198(m): 5:21pm On Nov 14, 2015
Borwe:

Looks like white version of Debian

It's part of the Red-hat/Fedora family. Debian includes Ubuntu and Mint.
Re: Bash/shell Scripting In A Unix/linux Environment by Fulaman198(m): 5:24pm On Nov 14, 2015
Is there anything in specific that you guys would like me to show you or demonstrate?
Re: Bash/shell Scripting In A Unix/linux Environment by Nobody: 6:23pm On Nov 14, 2015
Fulaman198:
Is there anything in specific that you guys would like me to show you or demonstrate?

Have you ever used mandriva linux?
Re: Bash/shell Scripting In A Unix/linux Environment by Fulaman198(m): 7:58pm On Nov 14, 2015
gimakon:

Have you ever used mandriva linux?

Nope never, only Kali Linux/BackTrack, RedHat/CentOS, and Ubuntu. Is there anything significant or special about it?
Re: Bash/shell Scripting In A Unix/linux Environment by Nobody: 8:14pm On Nov 14, 2015
Fulaman198:

Nope never, only Kali Linux/BackTrack, RedHat/CentOS, and Ubuntu. Is there anything significant or special about it?

Um... not really. that's what I used before switching to kali. But it's flexible from what I see.

1 Like

Re: Bash/shell Scripting In A Unix/linux Environment by Fulaman198(m): 8:40pm On Nov 14, 2015
gimakon:

Um... not really. that's what I used before switching to kali. But it's flexible from what I see.

Thanks fam, I'll try it out sometime
Re: Bash/shell Scripting In A Unix/linux Environment by 73mp74710n: 11:12pm On Nov 15, 2015
I have so many bash scripts written by me. This script works at least 85% as the builtin id command . enjoy smiley

#!/bin/bash
#Script by 73mp74710n
options="G:g:u:n:h"
usage()
{
cat <<EOF
usage: ${0##*/} [options] [user]
[options]
-u, --user To print the user ID of a user
-g, --group To print the GROUP ID of a user
-G, --groups To print the EFFECTIVE GROUP ID of a user
-n, --name To print the name of the current user, or any user specified
-h, --help You are looking at me baby
[example]
${0##*/}
OUTPUT=( the current user UID, GID and EGID logged in )
${0##*/} myuser
OUTPUT=( the specified user UID, GID AND EGID )

EOF
}
func.PrintDefaultUser()
{
defuid=$( grep $(logname) /etc/passwd | awk -F : '{print $3}' )
defgid=$( grep $(logname) /etc/passwd | awk -F : '{print $4}' )
echo "uid=$defuid($(logname)) gid=$defgid($(logname)) groups=$defgid($(logname))"

}
func.Erruser()
{
${1:?"User Does Not Exit"} >&2
}
func.PrintUser()
{
local username=$1
if awk -F : '{print $0 }' /etc/passwd | grep ^$username 1>/dev/null
then
uid=$( grep ^$username /etc/passwd | awk -F : '{print $3}' )
gid=$( grep ^$username /etc/passwd | awk -F : '{print $4}' )

if awk -F : '{print $1 }' /etc/group | grep ^$username 1>/dev/null
then
allGroups=$( grep ":*.$username" /etc/group | awk -F : '{print $0}')
for i in $( echo ${allGroups} | sed 's/ /\n/g' )
do

myGroup=$( echo ${i} | sed 's/ /\n/g' | grep $username | awk -F : '{print $1}')
myGroupId=$( echo ${i} | sed 's/ /\n/g' | grep $username | awk -F : '{print $3}')
realShit+=,$myGroupId\($myGroup\)
# echo ${i##*:}
done
#echo ${allGroups}
#echo ${realShit}
((${#realShit}!= 0)) && echo "uid=$uid(${username}) gid=$gid(${username}) groups=$gid(${username})${realShit}" && exit
echo "uid=$uid(${username}) gid=$gid(${username}) groups=$gid(${username})"
else

echo "uid=$uid(${username}) gid=$gid(${username}) groups=$gid(nogroup)"
fi

else
func.Erruser
fi
}
func.PrintUser.Name()
{
if awk -F : '{print $0}' /etc/passwd | grep ^$username 1>/dev/null
then
usname=$( grep -o ^$username /etc/passwd )
echo $usname
else
func.Erruser
fi

}
func.PrintDefaultUser.Name()
{
defusname=$( grep -o ^$(logname) /etc/passwd )
echo $defusname

}
func.PrintUser.UID()
{
then
uid=$( grep ^$username /etc/passwd | awk -F : '{print $3}' )
echo $uid
else
func.Erruser
fi
}

func.PrintDefaultUser.UID()
{
echo $defuid
}

func.PrintUser.GID()
{
then
gid=$( grep ^$username /etc/passwd | awk -F : '{print $4}' )
echo $gid
else
func.Erruser
fi
}

func.PrintDefaultUser.GID()
{
echo $defuid
}
[[ $1 = "" ]] && func.PrintDefaultUser && exit || \

{ if [[ $1 == "-n" || $1 == "--name" ]]
then

[[ $2 == "" ]] && func.PrintDefaultUser.Name && exit || :

elif [[ $1 == "-g" || $1 == "--group" ]]
then

[[ $2 == "" ]] && func.PrintDefaultUser.GID && exit || :

elif [[ $1 == "-G" || $1 == "--groups" ]]
then

[[ $2 == "" ]] && func.PrintDefaultUser.GID && exit || :

elif [[ $1 == "-u" || $1 == "--user" ]]
then

[[ $2 == "" ]] && func.PrintDefaultUser.UID && exit || :
elif [[ $1 == "-h" || $1 == "--help" ]]
then
:

else
func.PrintUser "$1" && exit
fi
}

case $1 in
--name) username=$2
func.PrintUser.Name && exit ;;
--group) username=$2
func.PrintUser.GID && exit ;;
--groups) username=$2
func.PrintUser.GID && exit ;;
--user) username=$2
func.PrintUser.UID && exit ;;
--help) usage && exit ;;
esac
while getopts $options opt
do
case $opt in
n) username=$OPTARG
func.PrintUser.Name ;;
g) username=$OPTARG
func.PrintUser.GID ;;
G) username=$OPTARG
func.PrintUser.GID ;;
u) username=$OPTARG
func.PrintUser.UID ;;
h) usage && exit ;
esac
done
Re: Bash/shell Scripting In A Unix/linux Environment by Borwe: 6:21am On Nov 16, 2015
What is its main goal?
Re: Bash/shell Scripting In A Unix/linux Environment by Dekatron(m): 4:15pm On Nov 16, 2015
Fulaman198:

Dual-booting Ubuntu Linux is quite possible and very easy to do. There should be numerous videos on how to do it on YouTube. Porting back to Windows is very easily done as long as you hold onto your Windows Product Key. Make sure you keep that for safeguarding.

Ubuntu Linux has some things that Windows lacks (mainly at the command line). But you have to be very technical to use these tools. Linux has built-in SSH capability at the command line. With Windows, you need a 3rd party tool like PuTTY in order to utilise this command line function.

There are many ways to install Ubuntu, you don't even have to create partition, you can also create a Virtual machine and see if you enjoy it (though depending on your current computer specifications, Ubuntu may not run quickly as a VM). VMPlayer and Oracle VirtualBox are free VMWare software that enables one to install a virtual machine image of their choice.

Practically, I view Linux as a more secure and stable OS than Windows. It really is a great OS for developers and people who are just every day users.

sorry for the no-response. I have been lazy to reply mentions- most mentions.

Sir, does that mean that I can download a VM of Linux. By that, you mean I CAN RUN LINUX AS THOUGH AS ITS THE INSTALLED PRIMARY OS?

If I were to download the VM, do we have ubuntu Linux VM? Where can I download? HOW MUCH IS THE DATA SIZE? 3GB? 10GB?

Do you have the idea of the minimum spec needed for the Linux Ubuntu VM (If the particular type exists?

Thanks in advance. I'd resuming to sch probably this week (EEE, 200L). I'd have access to WiFi (not free though), so I wanna know all I should abt the VM. . . . And possibly, I'd buy a SPECIAL HDD for Linux. Will you, as an experienced computer person grin grin advice that? Using different HDD for each O.S?

Thanks.
Re: Bash/shell Scripting In A Unix/linux Environment by Fulaman198(m): 4:33pm On Nov 16, 2015
Dekatron:

sorry for the no-response. I have been lazy to reply mentions- most mentions.

Sir, does that mean that I can download a VM of Linux. By that, you mean I CAN RUN LINUX AS THOUGH AS ITS THE INSTALLED PRIMARY OS?

If I were to download the VM, do we have ubuntu Linux VM? Where can I download? HOW MUCH IS THE DATA SIZE? 3GB? 10GB?

Do you have the idea of the minimum spec needed for the Linux Ubuntu VM (If the particular type exists?

Thanks in advance. I'd resuming to sch probably this week (EEE, 200L). I'd have access to WiFi (not free though), so I wanna know all I should abt the VM. . . . And possibly, I'd buy a SPECIAL HDD for Linux. Will you, as an experienced computer person grin grin advice that? Using different HDD for each O.S?

Thanks.

My brother, thank you for listening!

You would want to install Oracle Virtual Box prior to downloading the 1.2ish gigabyte Ubuntu Linux.

To get Virtual Box, go here: https://www.virtualbox.org/ then click on downloads.

Once you have done that, you would want to go to Ubuntu's main website and download the .iso file associated with Ubuntu. That can be found here: http://www.ubuntu.com/desktop

Let me know if you need anything else.

1 Like

Re: Bash/shell Scripting In A Unix/linux Environment by kennedyugo: 8:28pm On Nov 16, 2015
Nice one op.
Have used linux for some years now as my primary OS.
Use it for day to day PC. activities. Have not actually mastered bash scripting, but I can always find my way around on the command line. (I use it constantly too). I always consult Google, serverfault.com, Ubuntu forums, etc any time I get confused, and I don't get any disappointed.
Quite amazed by great number of powerful tools available which I could use for free without worrying about license and legality.

I've worked with Fedora, then Linux mint, and currently Ubuntu.
What I didn't like about Fedora is the yum update which usually downloads a lot of stuff each time(though I heard they've fixed that with dnf, as the current package manager). Gnome on Fedora is very wonderful though, with tightly integrated apps (Facebook chat was superb. A transparent notification pops up just click on it and start typing without opening any window! You'll love it when you experience it).

Ubuntu have very great community and everything just works!
apt-get install aria2c works like a charm. (aria2c is a powerful download manager. Just throw it any download link, whether torrent or whatever, and it will handle the rest for you).

I'm in love with Linux.

Happy to see fellow Nigerians here too!
Re: Bash/shell Scripting In A Unix/linux Environment by Nobody: 7:14am On Nov 18, 2015
Fulaman198:

My brother, thank you for listening!

You would want to install Oracle Virtual Box prior to downloading the 1.2ish gigabyte Ubuntu Linux.

To get Virtual Box, go here: https://www.virtualbox.org/ then click on downloads.

Once you have done that, you would want to go to Ubuntu's main website and download the .iso file associated with Ubuntu. That can be found here: http://www.ubuntu.com/desktop

Let me know if you need anything else.

I need your opinion on something. My PC fell and the hard disk started making this clicking sound, I think they call it the click of death. I have very important files in it and I didn't back them up. What do you suggest I should do?
Re: Bash/shell Scripting In A Unix/linux Environment by Fulaman198(m): 7:45am On Nov 18, 2015
VoslerGrimsbane:

I need your opinion on something. My PC fell and the hard disk started making this clicking sound, I think they call it the click of death. I have very important files in it and I didn't back them up. What do you suggest I should do?

Hey brother, please take a look at this article, it should give you some great help.

http://lifehacker.com/5951822/how-can-i-recover-data-from-a-dead-or-erased-hard-drive

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

MTN Momo Hack: The Dangerous Aspect Of Programming No One Tells You About / I Can't Access My Yahoo Account With My Operamini Handler / Hilarious Memes you can relate with as a Programmer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.