Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,483 members, 7,816,143 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:29 AM

Bash/shell Scripting In A Unix/linux Environment - Programming (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Bash/shell Scripting In A Unix/linux Environment (6902 Views)

PHP Or Python For Server-side Scripting / I Need Who Will Teach Me Linux And Shell Scripting / Which Programming Language Was Used For Nairaland Server-side Scripting? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bash/shell Scripting In A Unix/linux Environment by Nobody: 8:22am On Nov 18, 2015
Fulaman198:

Hey brother, please take a look at this article, it should give you some great help.

http://lifehacker.com/5951822/how-can-i-recover-data-from-a-dead-or-erased-hard-drive

Thank you! Was looking for a glimmer of hope. Went to some semi professionals who told me my fate has been sealed but I didn't believe them, I couldn't, the hard disc is invaluable so right now I'm on my way to see the real professionals, I was pessimistic but this is exactly what I need. thanks a lot brother. Will let you know how it goes.

1 Like

Re: Bash/shell Scripting In A Unix/linux Environment by Fulaman198(m): 9:05am On Nov 18, 2015
VoslerGrimsbane:

Thank you! Was looking for a glimmer of hope. Went to some semi professionals who told me my fate has been sealed but I didn't believe them, I couldn't, the hard disc is invaluable so right now I'm on my way to see the real professionals, I was pessimistic but this is exactly what I need. thanks a lot brother. Will let you know how it goes.

Please do brother. There are always ways/means to recover media via forensic tools. Best of luck, please keep me informed.
Re: Bash/shell Scripting In A Unix/linux Environment by Nobody: 9:56am On Nov 18, 2015
Fulaman198:

Please do brother. There are always ways/means to recover media via forensic tools. Best of luck, please keep me informed.

Alhamdulillah! It's recoverable, but everything from professional recovery to a new hard disc is gonna cost 100- 200K depending on the recovery method they use. Tomorrow I'll get the verdict. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Bash/shell Scripting In A Unix/linux Environment by Fulaman198(m): 5:41pm On Nov 18, 2015
VoslerGrimsbane:

Alhamdulillah! It's recoverable, but everything from professional recovery to a new hard disc is gonna cost 100- 200K depending on the recovery method they use. Tomorrow I'll get the verdict. Thanks.

Wow expensive, you could get new computer that is top of the line with that money. Have you tried any of the free forensic tools within that article?

1 Like

Re: Bash/shell Scripting In A Unix/linux Environment by Nobody: 7:22pm On Nov 18, 2015
Fulaman198:

Wow expensive, you could get new computer that is top of the line with that money. Have you tried any of the free forensic tools within that article?

I really have some important files in it. No, I didn't want to risk doing anything silly so I left it to the professionals, now apparently he just told me he tried but it didn't work because the disc was scratched, so everything is gone.
Re: Bash/shell Scripting In A Unix/linux Environment by Fulaman198(m): 7:23pm On Nov 18, 2015
VoslerGrimsbane:

I really have some important files in it. No, I didn't want to risk doing anything silly so I left it to the professionals, now apparently he just told me he tried but it didn't work because the disc was scratched, so everything is gone.

I hope that the guy was truly a professional. Did you pay him?
Re: Bash/shell Scripting In A Unix/linux Environment by Nobody: 7:27pm On Nov 18, 2015
Fulaman198:

I hope that the guy was truly a professional. Did you pay him?

Yeah, he is. I have to pay him for a new hard disc, software and the things replaced on the drive. Right now I'm just thinking about my files.
Re: Bash/shell Scripting In A Unix/linux Environment by Fulaman198(m): 8:09pm On Nov 18, 2015
VoslerGrimsbane:

Yeah, he is. I have to pay him for a new hard disc, software and the things replaced on the drive. Right now I'm just thinking about my files.

I hope he won't cheat you. Please keep me up to date on this.

1 Like

Re: Bash/shell Scripting In A Unix/linux Environment by Nobody: 8:35pm On Nov 18, 2015
Fulaman198:

I hope he won't cheat you. Please keep me up to date on this.

Lol! Alright, I will Inshaa Allah.

1 Like

Re: Bash/shell Scripting In A Unix/linux Environment by Nobody: 10:10am On Nov 21, 2015
Fulaman198

What do you think of the nexus 6p?
Re: Bash/shell Scripting In A Unix/linux Environment by Fulaman198(m): 4:43pm On Nov 21, 2015
VoslerGrimsbane:
Fulaman198

What do you think of the nexus 6p?

I think that it's a great phone. It's on par or exceeds the latest iPhone.
Re: Bash/shell Scripting In A Unix/linux Environment by Nobody: 5:03pm On Nov 21, 2015
Fulaman198:

I think that it's a great phone. It's on par or exceeds the latest iPhone.

Yeah, it's quite amazing. The best smartphone in my opinion right now.

1 Like

Re: Bash/shell Scripting In A Unix/linux Environment by Fulaman198(m): 4:56pm On Nov 22, 2015
VoslerGrimsbane:

Yeah, it's quite amazing. The best smartphone in my opinion right now.

Have a look at the Microsoft Lumia 950XL
Re: Bash/shell Scripting In A Unix/linux Environment by Nobody: 6:42pm On Nov 23, 2015
how to run a script on android phone

this is just a simple tutorial on how to run bash script on android phones.

first and foremost, you need to have terminal emulator installed on your phone. you also need to install busybox. if you already have, the read on.

launch your terminal emulator and change your PWD to '/data/data/jackpal.androidterm/app_HOME' -you can easily acomplish this by typing this command cd $HOME. you can verify your in the right folder by typing pwd.

create a hello.sh file using vi editor, as thus:

vi hello.sh

press Esc key, and then type i while in vi editor to enter insert mode. type the following into your file.
#!/system/bin/sh
echo "hello world"

when done, press the Esc key then type :wq to write and quit - save your file.

the you can run your script by typing ./hello.sh. OOPS error, you forgot to set the execute flag of the file. you can do just that by typing chmod 700 hello.sh. if all went well, your file is now executable. you can verify that by typing ls -l hello.sh. here is my output

-rwxr-xr-x u0_a270 u0_a270 36 2015-11-23 17:24 hello.sh

you can clearly see that the file is now executable by 'owner, group, and others'.

now type ./hello.sh again finally there you have it.

fulaman198, please can you help make my tutorial clearer, i think i am not a good communicator.

Re: Bash/shell Scripting In A Unix/linux Environment by Dekatron(m): 7:15pm On Nov 23, 2015
Fulaman198:

Have a look at the Microsoft Lumia 950XL

apologies for not replying for long. I intended to gt to sch before I do it, hence save my question till later. However, I have a question that demands answer ASAP. Infact, questions!!

1. My laptop's power pack spoil 4 weeks ago. Since then, didn't charge/use it. Today, I went to my engineer to sort it out. Being my close person (He is older than me by far o- more than 15 years I think), I used a charger to charge it, before he would get me one by Saturday. However, I charged it to 25%. I then closed the lid (automatically hibernating). 30+ minutes later, I opened it & resumed. Lo & behold, it was 7%!!. I almost fainted. Later got to know (Thanks to Google) that the battery has discharged and doesn't hold charge. . . My question :- This thing was left unused for only 4 weeks!! How come its not retaining charge?. . . . If I charge it again, will it still retain charge? HOPE AM NOT GONNA BUY ANOTHER BATTERY? WILL IT WORK ON ITS OWN IF I CHARGE IT WELL?

2. Immediately I opened the PC and plugged it, I discovered O, L, I, K keys were not working. . . Please, CAN I STILL USE LINUX? HOPE I HAVE THE OPTION OF AN ONSCREEN KEYBOARD AS IN WINDOWS OS? CAN I USE MOUSE IN LINUX?

Please, these questions are dear to me & are eating me up to know the answer. Pls reply ASAP. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

MTN Momo Hack: The Dangerous Aspect Of Programming No One Tells You About / I Can't Access My Yahoo Account With My Operamini Handler / Algorithm And Data Structure Study Section

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.