Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,224 members, 7,829,371 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:28 AM

Photos: Former INEC Chairman, Prof Attahiru Jega Receives 2 Major Int'l Awards - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Photos: Former INEC Chairman, Prof Attahiru Jega Receives 2 Major Int'l Awards (792 Views)

Attahiru Jega Disappointed Me, Says Jonathan / Lai Mohammed, Abba Kyari, El-Rufai & Attahiru Jega Meet At Kaduna Airport (PICS) / Attahiru Jega Receives New Appointment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Photos: Former INEC Chairman, Prof Attahiru Jega Receives 2 Major Int'l Awards by mawetoritse: 11:33pm On Oct 03, 2015
Former chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission, Attahiru Jega has been honoured with two international awards for his role in the 2015 general election.

Jega was on Tuesday, honoured with the 2015 Charles Manatt democracy award by the International Foundation for Electoral Systems, in Washington. He was also awarded with an integrity award by US-based Nigerian Higher Education Foundation at the Waldorf Astoria, New York.

Speaking of the accolades, Jega said: “I am humbled to be receiving the 2015 democracy award, and will also like to recognise my colleagues at INEC for their dedication to a credible and transparent electoral process.

“Over the last five years, we’ve come a long way in the conduct of elections in Nigeria, and I think the outcome of the 2015 elections speak directly to this work.

“All my colleagues at INEC share the credit for this success. The mood in my country presently is extremely upbeat, following the first democratic transfer of power in our history.”

http://www.maweprosperblog.com/2015/10/photos-former-inec-chairman-prof.html

Re: Photos: Former INEC Chairman, Prof Attahiru Jega Receives 2 Major Int'l Awards by HungerBAD: 11:37pm On Oct 03, 2015
He deserves the Awards.

1 Like

Re: Photos: Former INEC Chairman, Prof Attahiru Jega Receives 2 Major Int'l Awards by datola: 11:37pm On Oct 03, 2015
Jega deserves the awards having regards to the high level of integrity and maturity with which he handled the 2015 general elections.

Congrats sir!
Re: Photos: Former INEC Chairman, Prof Attahiru Jega Receives 2 Major Int'l Awards by mormoni(m): 11:39pm On Oct 03, 2015
Great man
Re: Photos: Former INEC Chairman, Prof Attahiru Jega Receives 2 Major Int'l Awards by athaboi(f): 11:39pm On Oct 03, 2015
Congratultions
Re: Photos: Former INEC Chairman, Prof Attahiru Jega Receives 2 Major Int'l Awards by eleko1: 11:51pm On Oct 03, 2015
He is a Man of honor.He jegalized orun-Igbe embarassed Whateva the useless man name undecided
Re: Photos: Former INEC Chairman, Prof Attahiru Jega Receives 2 Major Int'l Awards by dulaman: 1:46am On Oct 04, 2015
This is the real HERO of Nigeria's democracy. History will be fair with you. Nigerians are very proud of you sir.

What about orubebe,no award for him?
Re: Photos: Former INEC Chairman, Prof Attahiru Jega Receives 2 Major Int'l Awards by Nobody: 1:54am On Oct 04, 2015
Useless man, law of karma is coming for you

(1) (Reply)

Bayelsa: Choice Of Sylva’s Deputy Tears Apc Apart …mass Defection Looms / FG Urged To Return ‘arabic Ajami' To Naira Notes- Daily Trust / Anambra Royal Father Weeps As Domain Suffers Untold Hardship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.