Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,669 members, 7,816,750 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:22 PM

Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 (54506 Views)

SHOCKED: Even The Bible Support This? / What They Won't Tell You At The Abortion Clinic. / Does The Bible Support Communism? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by waice6571: 2:55pm On Oct 25, 2015
I'm very happy to be identified with this GOD!
The judgement of hell is more terible than this.......
He that has hear let him hear what the spirit is saying to the church.
God will surely purnish every sin and disobedience. No sinner shall go scotfree. (Exo 34: 6-7)
Learn from the Fig tree.
God is not slack (2Pet 2:9-10).
Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by chineloSA(f): 2:55pm On Oct 25, 2015
neocortex:

It is clear from what you posted that abortion is prescribed punishment for
an adulterous woman.
So what is the essence of your post ?

Its clear that you didn't read my post. What the essence of asking me??

The whole act was to make the truth known. But not to kill a child.
I don't think that they went through the whole Oath and drinking water act just to particularly kill the baby.

It was just to make all the parties know the truth.The husband be put at ease and also clear the woman's name of adultery.

In mordern days they do DNA test, is it meant to punish woman or kill the baby??
Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by olabjo: 2:56pm On Oct 25, 2015
We av to read d word of God wt undastndin.we need d holyspirit inorder 4 us to undastnd d word of God.wat dat verse is saying simply d consequence of extramarital affair.I agree wt seunaj05 nd freecocoa nd also raaya dey av all spoke we'll.

1 Like

Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by raayah(f): 2:57pm On Oct 25, 2015
chineloSA:

Simple common sense. God provide through parents. Having two parents who are in a healthy marriage brings two incomes which when used wisely properly provide for the children's needs and sometimes wants. So single ( never married ) parents rarely ( though some are able ) are able to provide what married parents can.

I think you are mixing up single (individual ) parents and an unmarried couple.
I am talking about unmarried couples not single parents.

Besides the bible definition of marriage is that " This is why a man leaves his father and mother and bonds with his wife, and they become one flesh.". If a couple decides not to wear white wedding dress, are they not married according to the bible so far as they have left their parents?
Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by neocortex: 2:58pm On Oct 25, 2015
chineloSA:

I don't think that they went through the whole Oath and drinking water act just to particularly kill the baby.

It was just to make all the parties know the truth.The husband be put at ease and also clear the woman's name of adultery.

In mordern days they do DNA test, is it meant to punish woman??

Will the baby die if the mother lied ?
Does that constitute an abortion ?

1 Like

Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by Brightology2(m): 2:58pm On Oct 25, 2015
You're possess by the marine spirit. Go for your deliverance.
freecocoa:
And you have decided to be useless all by yourself, bravo.

Curse don't work on me sugar, I'm above such nonsense.
Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by emmykingsok(m): 2:58pm On Oct 25, 2015
I'm sure you didn't understand this passage of the bible that you posted
Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by raayah(f): 2:59pm On Oct 25, 2015
chineloSA:

In mordern days they do DNA test, is it meant to punish woman??

Miscarriage according to wikipedia "Miscarriage, also known as spontaneous abortion and pregnancy loss, is the natural death of an embryo or fetus before it is able to survive independently."
Forced miscarriage is abortion.
Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by sabi99(m): 3:01pm On Oct 25, 2015
hyfr:
somebody in your village has sworn that u won't get sense this year
lols
Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by CHIAAGRO: 3:03pm On Oct 25, 2015
THE WORD OF GOD CAN NOT BE PRESENTED FOR DELEBRATION LIKE A BREAKING NEWS! The reason is simple! wrong viewpoints attached to it constitutes danger in several ways.You must be sure of ones understanding before you seek for Biblical explanation.The word is not known by education but by REVELATION! what you see in NUMBERS 5 is THE TEST FOR AN UNFAITHFUL WIFE! mind you,JESUS CHRIST is the GROOM and we are the BRIDE(Rev21)! So any affair you have with satan(SIN) is an impurity to this marriage and a great destruction awaits you! unless you make it known to your husband(JESUS); repent and receive forgiveness. Every Old Statement law has an explanation based on JESUS in the new testament! This is a mystry even some "men of god" don't know! MAY GOD REVEAL HIMSELF TO US!
Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by sabi99(m): 3:04pm On Oct 25, 2015
freecocoa:
In myself and others.
no matter what u think u believe in.........Jesus still Loves u.....
Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by TeamSimple(m): 3:04pm On Oct 25, 2015
exxell:
As a Christian, na one eye I dey take look that Old testament god. Most times, there is no difference between him nd the Muslim Allah. Very radical in nature.
Why bring Allah into what concerns him not. Its your bible and your god,leave allah out of this.
Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by postmann: 3:05pm On Oct 25, 2015
raayah:
Read Through

Numbers 5 vs 20-23

20 But if you have gone astray while married to your husband and you have made yourself impure by having sexual relations with a man other than your husband"--

21 here the priest is to put the woman under this curse--"may the LORD cause you to become a curse among your people when he makes your womb miscarry and your abdomen swell.

22 May this water that brings a curse enter your body so that your abdomen swells or your womb miscarries." "'Then the woman is to say, "Amen. So be it."

23 "'The priest is to write these curses on a scroll and then wash them off into the bitter water.
Which translation of the bible did you use that used the word "miscarry". That translation is false and misleading.
Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by uzolexis(f): 3:05pm On Oct 25, 2015
ahckmedkosy:

There is no difference btw God of OT n NT. The bible says God is the same yesterday, today n forever. He is unchangeable in nature. The Difference is His Decision to give us an easier path to eternal life. While in OT, you pay for ur sins or wrong doings by yourself either by sacrifice of animal or by ur own life, in the NT, all your wrong doings have been paid by the blood of Jesus Christ, so for you to be saved is just to acknowledge that Jesus Christ is the son of God and that He died for your sins.so I ask which is better? Paying by urself or simply believing in His Son.
Yes, he is the same God but if you read the old testament and the things he did, can you still hold on to the fact that he is a loving God?
Cos he was basically a villain in the old testament but much more loving and peaceful in the new testament. I have stopped reading the old testament because it just paints the image of a very wicked and evil God in my mind. Don't get it twisted I am a Christian.

1 Like

Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by noble2faith(m): 3:06pm On Oct 25, 2015
Any christian, dat supports abortion and wrongly backs it up with The Word of God, is suffering from Spiritual Madness.
Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by TeamSimple(m): 3:06pm On Oct 25, 2015
johnydon22:
Oh am curious; Is the Old testament God different from the new testament God?

Are they different Gods or the ideas of the people who speak for God change?
I tire for christians o..

1 Like

Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by jearile(m): 3:09pm On Oct 25, 2015
neocortex:

Paul would have filled the gap.
Who arrested Paul on his way to Damascus?
Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by Yinkame123(m): 3:09pm On Oct 25, 2015
sonmvayina:

yes they are different...any body that says different is just plain stupid or ignorant and dishonest...they dont reverence the era and the predominant ideas at the time they where written.
Your God then could B said to be confused rolling out two different laws. Is he not all knowing?

1 Like

Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by Nobody: 3:09pm On Oct 25, 2015
God speaks very clearly in the Bible on the value of unborn children. God’s Word says that He personally made each one of us, and has a plan for each life:

Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart.
—Jeremiah 1:5

Even before I was born, God had chosen me to be His.
—Galatians 1:15

For You created my inmost being; You knit me together in my mother’s womb… Your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in Your book before one of them came to be.
—Psalm 139:13, 16

Your hands shaped me and made me… Did You not clothe me with skin and flesh and knit me together with bones and sinews? You gave me life.
—Job 10:8-12

This is what the Lord says—He who made you, who formed you in the womb
—Isaiah 44:2

Did not He who made me in the womb make them? Did not the same One form us both within our mothers?
—Job 31:15

Because man is made in God’s own image (Genesis 1:27), each life is of great value to God:

Children are a gift from God.
—Psalm 127:3

He even calls our children His own:

You took your sons and daughters whom you bore to Me and sacrificed them… You slaughtered My children.
—Ezekiel 16:20,21

The Bible says of our Creator,

In His hand is the life of every living thing and the breath of every human being
—Job 12:10

God, the giver of life, commands us not to take the life of an innocent person:

Do not shed innocent blood.
—Jeremiah 7:6

Cursed is the man who accepts a bribe to kill an innocent person
—Deuteronomy 27:25

You shall not murder.
—Exodus 20:13

Taking the life of the unborn is clearly murder—

He didn’t kill me in the womb, with my mother as my grave.
—Jeremiah 20:17

—and God vowed to punish those who…

ripped open the women with child
—Amos 1:13

The unborn child was granted equal protection in the law; if he lost his life, the one who caused his death must lose his own life:

If men who are fighting hit a pregnant woman, and she gives birth prematurely, but there is no serious injury, the offender must be fined …if there is serious injury, you are to take life for life.
—Exodus 21:22,23

Life is a gift created by God, and is not to be taken away by abortion. God is “pro-choice,” but He tells us clearly the only acceptable choice to make:

I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live
—Deuteronomy 30:19

OP God does not in any way support abortion as Children are a heritage of the Lord and the fruit of the womb its reward.

The verses you quoted were not talking about abortion but rather was a test of fidelity and would make the woman sterile if she had been adulterous. If God supported abortion he would have caused the maid of sarah abrahams wife to abort ishmael which was as a result of Abrahams disobedience but he let the baby live and even sheltered and preserved both baby and mother.
Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by Misterlaby: 3:10pm On Oct 25, 2015
This one strong oh
Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by chineloSA(f): 3:10pm On Oct 25, 2015
raayah:

I think you are mixing up single (individual ) parents and an unmarried couple.
I am talking about unmarried couples not single parents.

Besides the bible definition of marriage is that " This is why a man leaves his father and mother and bonds with his wife, and they become one flesh.". If a couple decides not to wear white wedding dress, are they not married according to the bible so far as they have left their parents?

Madame you are the one who is confused.

According to the bible there is no unmarried couple.

There is married and unmarried ( single) and divorced and widowed.

Cohabitation is not even supported by the bible. If one has a baby without being married ( single ) that's adultery even if you have money to support the child. In that way you are depriving the child the opportunity of having legal parents under one roof and caring for his/her other needs ( psychological,parental guidance etc ).
Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by neocortex: 3:10pm On Oct 25, 2015
jearile:

Who arrested Paul on his way to Damascus?

Paul arrested himself,
don't tell me you are not aware that paul is the founder of christianity,
jesus was just a tool.

1 Like

Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by HomoSapiien: 3:12pm On Oct 25, 2015
Sugarhugs:

Freecocoa answer this question. I'm waiting.

The fool didn't ask any reasonable question, all I see is Rantings. Religion has totally eaten up your brain.

2 Likes

Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by gog4life(m): 3:15pm On Oct 25, 2015
HARDDON:

Do u have dreams? I mean, do u dream when ur head u lay to rest @ night.? Have u had an attack @ night b4?
Do u have control over urself while u sleep?

Have u tried holding ur breath for 3mins?

Have u visited the mogue b4 n appreciated d fact that human being is noting but breath?

Have u wondered if there is really life after death? Or u think humans die like chicken n daz it?

There are alot of questions science cant ansa. Alot more google cant crawl up.

As d day n night is stark real, so also is evil n gud.

How can u bliv in urself when u r limited by make up? With so many questions hanging over ur head unanswered?

The mind blivs on a higher being, a being it can run to when itz @ a cross road.

How can u bliv in others when there is a limit they can go with u? How?
How can u bliv in others when u dont know the deep tots of their hearts? Daggar @ their back , a smile on their faces.

U dont need to know how to pray, b4 u go to bed to night, just ask God to reveal himself to u. Say it like u talking to a friend.
He is closer than u think n he cares than u cud ever imagine.

U wud be glad u did. No matter how far u travel on d wrong road, u wud neva get to u destination. Make a u turn today and embrace the light

Jesus Loves U.
science has answered 90% of most of these questions

1 Like

Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by raayah(f): 3:17pm On Oct 25, 2015
at Naijadeyhia

If even then you remain hostile toward me and refuse to obey, I will inflict you with seven more disasters for your sins. I will release wild animals that will kill your children and destroy your cattle, so your numbers will dwindle and your roads will be deserted. (Leviticus 26:21-22 NLT)

From there Elisha went up to Bethel. While he was on his way, some small boys came out of the city and jeered at him. “Go up baldhead,” they shouted, “go up baldhead!” The prophet turned and saw them, and he cursed them in the name of the Lord. Then two shebears came out of the woods and tore forty two of the children to pieces. (2 Kings 2:23-24 NAB)

The execution of the Plague (Ex 12.29ff):

At midnight the Lord struck down all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, from the firstborn of Pharaoh who sat on his throne to the firstborn of the prisoner who was in the dungeon, and all the firstborn of the livestock. 30 Pharaoh arose in the night, he and all his officials and all the Egyptians; and there was a loud cry in Egypt, for there was not a house without someone dead
ng”].
Isaiah chapter 13,

Anyone who is captured will be run through with a sword. Their little children will be dashed to death right before their eyes. Their homes will be sacked and their wives raped by the attacking hordes. For I will stir up the Medes against Babylon, and no amount of silver or gold will buy them off. The attacking armies will shoot down the young people with arrows. They will have no mercy on helpless babies and will show no compassion for the children.

Hosea 9:16 Ephraim is smitten, their root is dried up, they shall bear no fruit: yea, though they bring forth, yet will I slay even the beloved fruit of their womb.
Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by uzolexis(f): 3:19pm On Oct 25, 2015
waice6571:
I'm very happy to be identified with this GOD!
The judgement of hell is more terible than this.......
He that has hear let him hear what the spirit is saying to the church.
God will surely purnish every sin and disobedience. No sinner shall go scotfree. (Exo 34: 6-7)
Learn from the Fig tree.
God is not slack (2Pet 2:9-10).

So you are worshipping God cos you are scared of hell?? That is not God's intention, he wants us to serve him cos we love him not cos we are scared of hell besides that hellfire you are using to scare pple is a human invention, early christians never believed or talked about hellfire because it just doesn't make sense for a loving God to torture pple for eternity. (google is your friend, pls do a research).
Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by raayah(f): 3:19pm On Oct 25, 2015
chineloSA:

Madame you are the one who is confused.

According to the bible there is no unmarried couple.

There is married and unmarried ( single) and divorced and widowed.

Cohabitation is not even supported by the bible. If one has a baby without being married ( single ) that's adultery even if you have money to support the child. In that way you are depriving the child the opportunity of having legal parents under one roof and caring for his/her other needs ( psychological,parental guidance etc ).

Where does the bible disapprove of cohabitation? Is the bible definition of marriage wrong? How can people who are not married commit adultery. You are still talking about single parents not individual unmarried couples.
Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by Nobody: 3:20pm On Oct 25, 2015
gog4life:

science has answered 90% of most of these questions

Science has given what they thought were answers but their answers always led to more questions. My brother science is stumped as they are limited to the confines of human reasoning but the human mind is capable of way more than science has to offer which is why there is a never ending avalanche of discoveries and eureka moments.. but even they know that somehow something is responsible for our higher learning beyond evolution.
Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by Nobody: 3:20pm On Oct 25, 2015
neocortex:

Every inquisitive mind knows that God is a product of culture.
You may wallow in your ignorance and delusion if you like.
But I will advise you ask questions.
You are the one wallowing in your ignorant and confused misery. Soon, you may be referred a psychiatrist home.
You think everything just came to existence by chance right?
You're a dunce!
Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by whitestar01(m): 3:21pm On Oct 25, 2015
raayah:
Read Through

Numbers 5 vs 20-23

20 But if you have gone astray while married to your husband and you have made yourself impure by having sexual relations with a man other than your husband"--

21 here the priest is to put the woman under this curse--"may the LORD cause you to become a curse among your people when he makes your womb miscarry and your abdomen swell.

22 May this water that brings a curse enter your body so that your abdomen swells or your womb miscarries." "'Then the woman is to say, "Amen. So be it."

23 "'The priest is to write these curses on a scroll and then wash them off into the bitter water.
op draw closer to GOD to understand his words clearly with no confusion. That passage is so clear that u should no that :
KJV calls it rotten womb
NLT calls it shrink womb
Ur version calls it miscarries.
In essence it means she will be barren. So dont indulge such evil called abortion,may GOD be with u.
Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by chineloSA(f): 3:23pm On Oct 25, 2015
raayah:

Miscarriage according to wikipedia "Miscarriage, also known as spontaneous abortion and pregnancy loss, is the natural death of an embryo or fetus before it is able to survive independently."
Forced miscarriage is abortion.

I am still putting this to you that the act was never meant to kill the baby by to let the truth be known.

It was never forced abortion because it was not meant to kill the baby but to let the truth be known.

Miscarriage [/b]is not abortion because it happens spontaneously, though natural causes.
[b]Abortion [/b]is the act of intentionally removing the foetus, through unnatural causes.

There is nowhere where it says that the water given had concoction to intentionally eliminate the pregnancy. It was just water meant to unveil the truth.

[b]Just like DNA tests while pregnant, if they take your amniotic fluid from the mother while pregnant to test paternity it may harm the baby and one may miscarry, but the act is not to intentionally kill the baby but to know the truth.
Re: Does The Bible Support Abortion? Numbers Chapter 5 by sabi99(m): 3:24pm On Oct 25, 2015
ABORTION is HOMICIDE...even if u were raped, why can't u allow d baby to come into d world,through ds means many talented souls have been killed......Av u ever imagined how d child struggles 2 survive at the same he/she is being terminated.......ABORTION IS HOMICIDE......d reason I termed it homicide is that d person doing it will have d mind to see d child terminated n pay d bills 4 the action......and whoever rcvs money 2 carry it out has rcvd bloodmoney. What pains me d most is that d people who commit abortion consciously and conscientiously do it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

South African Policeman Prays Before Arresting Pastor Who Defied Lockdown / Man's Hands Covered By Bees After He Stole A Car From The Owner (Video, Photo) / Words Mostly Used In Living Faith Church A.k.a Winners Chapel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.