Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,419 members, 7,861,178 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 06:00 AM

A Nigerian Ebay/amazon Coming Up - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / A Nigerian Ebay/amazon Coming Up (702 Views)

Cheapvccs.com Virtual Bank Account Boa Vba Avs Vcc Paypal Vcc Ebay Vcc / Why Give Us Ebay When We Dont Have Paypal? / Nigerian Are Coming Up With Intuition, What Can You Say About This Site (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Nigerian Ebay/amazon Coming Up by Profakure: 3:06pm On Apr 21, 2009
Do you know any nigerian e - commerce website that can compete with ebay or amazon? pls let me know.
Re: A Nigerian Ebay/amazon Coming Up by platinumnk(f): 3:12pm On Apr 21, 2009
im intrested also. I have an online ebay store and I'm looking to branch out into other mediums. Besides Ebay charges toooo much lipsrsealed
Re: A Nigerian Ebay/amazon Coming Up by Profakure: 10:52am On Apr 23, 2009
Thanks, Can we work 2geda? I have something to compete with amazon.com, but am still working on the security codes. Can we work 2geda?
Re: A Nigerian Ebay/amazon Coming Up by Cactus(m): 4:23am On Apr 25, 2009
This is not to sound pessimistic, but we have to be realistic with our expectations. A Nigerian ecommerce site that can compete with the likes of ebay and amazon? You must be kidding me. There are many issues that would need to be addressed before such a service can make it to the big leagues without any major issues.

1. Financial transactions (online credit card, proxy payment, cheques, etc whatever you can think about)
2. Fraud (impostors, 419, everything in this category)
3. Guaranteed secured delivery of goods and services

Such a system can be setup but the major most difficult issue that would be faced is number 2 fraud. Look at the likes of ebay, craigslists, I have had my own share of fraud attempts by Nigerians.
Re: A Nigerian Ebay/amazon Coming Up by Profakure: 2:06pm On Apr 25, 2009
Thanks Cactus, for being real. Your points are true. I have settled the issue of credit card(Using ATM to pay), although only 2 banks allowed. For the delivery DHL and UPS are giving me green light.

The main challenge is the security, i have built a firewall and malware (software). EFCC's IT Security team are presently scrutinizing the software. i believe it will work, i am aware about the challenges; they are enormous!

I just decided to "take the bull by the horns", if we continue to look at the challenges, we will not grow.

As a black software developer, I want to always challenge what the white man has done. They are human beings like us, aren't they?
Re: A Nigerian Ebay/amazon Coming Up by segsalerty(m): 4:59pm On Apr 27, 2009
Uhmm , Keep it up Buddies
Re: A Nigerian Ebay/amazon Coming Up by WebJunior(m): 6:12pm On May 07, 2009
You can check this out http://www.naijaplay.com. Not an an auction website, but a virtual market place where manufacturers, retailers and consumers meet. Naira, Dollars, British pound and Euro accepted, and purchases can be delivered worldwide using Fedex as the main shipper. But the sellers can always use other shipping agencies to deliver the purchased item to the buyer. What do you think about that ?
Re: A Nigerian Ebay/amazon Coming Up by Profakure: 6:38pm On May 14, 2009
I appreciate ur support! Thumbs up!, I will get back to you. 1 Love

(1) (Reply)

Help In Asp. How Do I Save A Picture / Great Forum Here / Paypal Funds For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.