Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,727 members, 7,824,060 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:36 PM

These 3 Apps Can Help You Detect Unknown Callers - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / These 3 Apps Can Help You Detect Unknown Callers (11714 Views)

Over A Billion Apps Can Be Hacked With This Simple Hack / Android Apps Can Secretly Track Your Location Without Your Permission / How To Detect A Hidden Camera In Room (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

These 3 Apps Can Help You Detect Unknown Callers by alliyse(m): 6:12pm On Oct 04, 2015
In the past, there was no mobile application for detecting unknown calls or blocked numbers. These numbers could keep bugging your phone until the battery runs out which can be frustrating.

However, with advancement in technology and development of different applications, there are apps that can be used to identify unknown callers. This has decreased the number of spam as well as telemarketing calls received by many of individuals.

1. Truecaller

This is a widely used application for identifying unknown callers and blocking unwanted calls. If an anonymous number calls you and if your phone is data compliant, the app immediately reveals the name of the caller.

You can also use the app to search for numbers in Truecallers database which stores thousands of numbers. In addition, you are informed of anyone who searches for you or your number.

2. Trapcall

Trapcall will help you ‘unmask’ the caller identity of any hidden incoming call. Some of the features of the app include unwanted calls, record your calls as well as blacklisting any number that disturbs you. It is available for download for iPhone and android phones for free.

3. Whowho

This is another convenient way of blocking undesired calls. With the app, you are able to manage your contacts thus, making it easy to locate phone numbers and make calls as soon as possible. Like other applications, Whowho can help users’ record information they desire.

It has a total of 50,000,000 calls blocked globally and it is available in 30 countries in 6 continents.

Source: http://www.itsallisay.com/2015/10/these-3-apps-can-help-you-detect.html
Re: These 3 Apps Can Help You Detect Unknown Callers by HARDDON: 6:33pm On Oct 04, 2015
True caller it is
Re: These 3 Apps Can Help You Detect Unknown Callers by seunlayi(m): 6:34pm On Oct 04, 2015
That is nice info

1 Like

Re: These 3 Apps Can Help You Detect Unknown Callers by OnlineTeacher: 7:56pm On Oct 04, 2015
alliyse:
In the past, there was no mobile application for detecting unknown calls or blocked numbers. These numbers could keep bugging your phone until the battery runs out which can be frustrating.

However, with advancement in technology and development of different applications, there are apps that can be used to identify unknown callers. This has decreased the number of spam as well as telemarketing calls received by many of individuals.

1. Truecaller

This is a widely used application for identifying unknown callers and blocking unwanted calls. If an anonymous number calls you and if your phone is data compliant, the app immediately reveals the name of the caller.

You can also use the app to search for numbers in Truecallers database which stores thousands of numbers. In addition, you are informed of anyone who searches for you or your number.

2. Trapcall

Trapcall will help you ‘unmask’ the caller identity of any hidden incoming call. Some of the features of the app include unwanted calls, record your calls as well as blacklisting any number that disturbs you. It is available for download for iPhone and android phones for free.

3. Whowho

This is another convenient way of blocking undesired calls. With the app, you are able to manage your contacts thus, making it easy to locate phone numbers and make calls as soon as possible. Like other applications, Whowho can help users’ record information they desire.

It has a total of 50,000,000 calls blocked globally and it is available in 30 countries in 6 continents.

Source: http://www.itsallisay.com/2015/10/these-3-apps-can-help-you-detect.html
Nice one, OP.
Re: These 3 Apps Can Help You Detect Unknown Callers by Electronzeez(m): 1:12am On Oct 05, 2015
The reason why I don't see these application as good is that they unceremoniously upload your phone contacts to their data base .

You might have wondered how this application unravel callers identity . What the application does is to scan through your phone contact during registration afterwards upload and keep it on its database .This is how it gather contact name from everyone using such application .

Now when I needed to see the identity of an unknown caller ,what it does is to share the information from person A having save the number on his or her phone to person B looking out for the identity of the user. The process is vice visa.
Re: These 3 Apps Can Help You Detect Unknown Callers by KathleenPal: 1:40pm On Aug 24, 2022
I am writing this letter to let you know that I have taken my application for the position of ABC at your company. Here you check this click here and get more new ways for the latest apps. I have attached a copy of my resume for your review and my cover letter, which is equivalent to my application letter. I hope to hear from you soonest so that I may be considered for this job.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Car Scanners To Detect Car Faults And Automobile Diagnostic Equipment For Sale / Latest MTN 0.0k Free Browsing Cheat For HTTP Injector VPN 2018 / 6 Ways Technology Has Actually Made You Lazy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.