Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,025 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:11 AM

A Tale Of Two Strategies: Russia Destroys ISIS Command, US Hits Afghan Hospital - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Tale Of Two Strategies: Russia Destroys ISIS Command, US Hits Afghan Hospital (3733 Views)

Kola Oguntuga To Take Command Of OLOGBO (Photo) / Buhari Has Indirectly Made Fashola His Second In Command / A Tale Of Two Strategies: Russia Destroys ISIS Command, US Hits Afghan Hospital (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Tale Of Two Strategies: Russia Destroys ISIS Command, US Hits Afghan Hospital by dantewest: 9:11pm On Oct 04, 2015
As if to underscore Russia’s decision to initiate airstrikes against Islamic State on the territory of Syria as Western forces don’t appear up to the task, NATO jets unleashed a deadly barrage on a hospital run by Doctors Without Borders in Afghanistan.

No sooner had Vladimir Putin wrapped up his speech at the United Nations, where he roundly criticized the manner in which US-led forces have been trampling on the sovereignty of nation states in its global pursuit of terrorists, Russia opened a stunning aerial campaign against Islamic State fighters on the ground in Syria.

Yet across the Western world, which has had its share of deadly collisions with ISIS, not to mention a number of decapitated journalists, there was no applause for Moscow’s actions, not even a polite golf clap. Indeed, Russia’s intervention against the most sadistic band of brutes since the Nazis was greeted with scorn, skepticism and outright belligerence.

Reports of civilian casualties caused by the Russian airstrikes surfaced almost immediately. Much of the photo evidence was easily disproven. One dramatic photo showed a Syrian rescue worker carrying an injured girl, allegedly injured during the Russian strike in Homs. There was just one snag: the photo first appeared on September 25, almost a week before the airstrikes started.

Even the Russian leader could not resist commenting on the alleged civilian casualties caused by Russian warplanes in Syria.

“As for media reports claiming that the civilian population is suffering, we are prepared for such information attacks. The first reports about civilian casualties emerged even before our planes got in the air,” he said.

Forced to fight on two dangerous fronts - one against the Western media and the other against bloodthirsty terrorists - Moscow believes there is an orchestrated campaign to undermine its operations in Syria.

“Biased and false reports have flooded Western and regional media claiming the Russian military operation is causing civilian deaths or even is aimed against pro-democratic forces and the peaceful population,” Mariya Zakharova, spokesperson for the Russian Foreign Ministry, said. “That is an information attack, the information warfare that we all have heard so much about. Apparently someone came well-prepared for it.”

Western criticism of Russia’s efforts to destroy Islamic State in Syria is strange to say the least. After all, if the Western powers genuinely fear that Russia is engaged in Syria to provide air support to forces loyal to President Bashar Assad in his protracted war against anti-government rebels – a charge that Moscow vehemently denies - then the simple solution would be to coordinate strategies with Russia. That way there can be no rumors as to what ulterior motives either side may have.

The fact that Washington rejects the idea of coordinating efforts with Russia, while accusing Moscow at the same time of “pouring fuel on the Syrian crisis,” is not a convincing argument. Nor is it logical, especially considering that Russia has a strategic presence in Syria at the Khmeimim airfield in Latakia.

After all, what does it matter who eliminates ISIS so long as the mission is accomplished?

As one RT commentator asked rhetorically: "Do we want to remove ISIS/ISIL? Yes. Does it matter who removes them? I don’t think so. Do you care how a cancer is removed – I don’t care how you do it."

However, instead of understanding the primary objective in Syria, which is - or should be - the removal of Islamic State, the US remains focused on Assad and its obsessiveness to have him removed.

And since Washington is headed for presidential elections next year, the Republicans are now branding President Obama as “weak” – but weak not against Islamic State, mind you, but weak against the most sinister politician on the planet as far as Washington is concerned: Vladimir Putin.

Florida Sen. Marco Rubio, a Republican presidential candidate, gave a speech Friday attacking Obama’s approach to Russia and his strategy on Syria.

“The more our current president fails the test of leadership against Putin, the more important it becomes for our next president to pass it,” Rubio told an audience at a national security forum in Iowa.
Meanwhile, the American Empire appears to be suffering the symptomatic effects of overstretch, Roman-style, as its military judgment and prowess seems to be on the wane.

The brainy logistics of any operation just do not seem to be keeping stride with the US military’s on-steroids physical expansion. How else to explain its aerial bombing raid on Saturday morning that hit the Medecins Sans Frontieres (Doctors Without Borders) hospital in Kunduz, Afghanistan?

MSF said the hospital was struck by a series of aerial raids at approximately 15 minute intervals. The bombs “very precisely” and “repeatedly” hit the central hospital building that housed the intensive care unit, emergency rooms, and physiotherapy ward, it added.
“The bombs hit and then we heard the plane circle round,” said Heman Nagarathnam, MSF’s head of programs in northern Afghanistan. “There was a pause, and then more bombs hit.

This happened again and again. When I made it out from the office, the main hospital building was engulfed in flames.”

And yes, civilians were killed.

The charity has confirmed 19 deaths, 12 of whom were staff. Four were adult patients, including three children. A further 37 people were left wounded. The tragedy happened despite the fact that MSF had provided the US-led command with the GPS coordinates of the facility to make sure that the hospital would not come under attack.

Human rights group Amnesty International characterized the Kunduz bombing as “a deplorable loss of life” and called for an immediate and impartial investigation.

“This bombing of the MSF hospital in Kunduz marks a dark day for humanitarianism. It is sickening to think that doctors and other staff have had to pay with their lives while trying to save others. Hospitals are places of sanctity under international law governing conflict,” said Horia Mosadiq, Afghanistan Researcher at Amnesty International.

Following the news of this incredible error, yet another bit of “collateral damage” from the endless war on terror, I could not help remembering part of Putin’s speech at the UN General Assembly:
“I cannot help asking those who have caused the situation, do you realize now what you've done,” the Russian leader asked. “But I am afraid no one is going to answer that. Indeed, policies based on self-conceit and belief in one's exceptionality and impunity have never been abandoned.”

It’s time for the West to put aside its self-important Russian-bashing and agree to work alongside Moscow in eliminating one of the great scourges of our times, and it's certainly not Syrian President Bashar Assad, one of the few actors in the region who takes Islamic State very seriously.

Source: www.rt.com/op-edge/317611-isis-syria-russia-us/
Re: A Tale Of Two Strategies: Russia Destroys ISIS Command, US Hits Afghan Hospital by DaBullIT(m): 9:14pm On Oct 04, 2015
Been following that news and there's no evidence US bombed the hospital, as a matter of fact i watched the video as well , but not my business sha
Re: A Tale Of Two Strategies: Russia Destroys ISIS Command, US Hits Afghan Hospital by sltn(m): 9:21pm On Oct 04, 2015
DaBullIT:
Been following that news and there's no evidence US bombed the hospital, as a matter of fact i watched the video as well , but not my business sha
i still don't belive all what he posted here! am curious maybe it for real?
Re: A Tale Of Two Strategies: Russia Destroys ISIS Command, US Hits Afghan Hospital by tucky200(m): 9:22pm On Oct 04, 2015
America be selling weapons and backing up terrorist since 1200 bc

10 Likes

Re: A Tale Of Two Strategies: Russia Destroys ISIS Command, US Hits Afghan Hospital by dantewest: 12:17pm On Oct 07, 2015
DaBullIT:

It's confirmed that the hospital was indeed blown up by the Americans.

The Americans are no saints you know....

8 Likes

Re: A Tale Of Two Strategies: Russia Destroys ISIS Command, US Hits Afghan Hospital by vedaxcool(m): 12:31pm On Oct 07, 2015
dantewest:

It's confirmed that the hospital was indeed blown up by the Americans.

The Americans are no saints you know....

But the Russians are saints according to you? Mtshceew
Re: A Tale Of Two Strategies: Russia Destroys ISIS Command, US Hits Afghan Hospital by modath(f): 12:36pm On Oct 07, 2015
DaBullIT:

Are you sure you are talking about the same hospital?

Is your news source Aljazeera or CNN?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Tale Of Two Strategies: Russia Destroys ISIS Command, US Hits Afghan Hospital by Tunami(m): 12:38pm On Oct 07, 2015
hmmm, all this world powers testing the effectiveness of their weapons in third world countries.

1 Like

Re: A Tale Of Two Strategies: Russia Destroys ISIS Command, US Hits Afghan Hospital by anangboy(m): 12:44pm On Oct 07, 2015
There you go. www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-34433302

Let's just call them collateral damage.
Re: A Tale Of Two Strategies: Russia Destroys ISIS Command, US Hits Afghan Hospital by DaFlash: 12:53pm On Oct 07, 2015
amerika, NATO, isreal, turkey and saudis are funding ISIS to take down assad which is loyal to the russ thats why the russians have played their war card right by bombing those terrorists, now amerika and her bitches are backed by the corner which to say, 1 they are not carrying their airstrikes well or 2 they are just propaganding on fighting isis which they are not during cus of their interest, i wish russia and nigeria can form a stratigic ally to fight boko boys cus they are covert of cia too so that they can establish their AFRICOM base here which is the NWO agenda

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Tale Of Two Strategies: Russia Destroys ISIS Command, US Hits Afghan Hospital by Omololu007(m): 1:07pm On Oct 07, 2015
I prefer CCTV to CNN and BBC

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Tale Of Two Strategies: Russia Destroys ISIS Command, US Hits Afghan Hospital by dantewest: 1:23pm On Oct 07, 2015
vedaxcool:

At least they ain't at war with so many countries and lying about civilian casualties or even dictating to other countries.

I prefer the Russians any day, any time.

Keep hissing o, it makes the face less uglier.

7 Likes

Re: A Tale Of Two Strategies: Russia Destroys ISIS Command, US Hits Afghan Hospital by vedaxcool(m): 2:09pm On Oct 07, 2015
dantewest:

[s]At least they ain't at war with so many countries and lying about civilian casualties or even dictating to other countries.

I prefer the Russians any day, any time.

Keep hissing o, it makes the face less uglier.[/s]

Learn to sensibly answer a question asked, which is, to you the Russians are the saints right?
Re: A Tale Of Two Strategies: Russia Destroys ISIS Command, US Hits Afghan Hospital by dantewest: 7:06pm On Oct 07, 2015
vedaxcool:

Learn to sensibly answer a question asked, which is, to you the Russians are the saints right?

My reply to your sly insult vexed you abi?

When people read our replies, they will judge who replied with sense or not.

Don't think I'm one of those people that will take insults smiling.

Go and learn to be civil on the Internet and perhaps, just perhaps others will respect you in kind.

Besides, your question is a rhetorical one, no goddam reply is needed.

7 Likes

Re: A Tale Of Two Strategies: Russia Destroys ISIS Command, US Hits Afghan Hospital by vedaxcool(m): 9:11pm On Oct 07, 2015
dantewest:

[s]My reply to your sly insult vexed you abi?

When people read our replies, they will judge who replied with sense or not.

Don't think I'm one of those people that will take insults smiling.

Go and learn to be civil on the Internet and perhaps, just perhaps others will respect you in kind.

Besides, your question is a rhetorical one, no goddam reply is needed.[/s]

Seeing insults everywhere when there is none is a serious signs time to see the doctor or quit the internet
Re: A Tale Of Two Strategies: Russia Destroys ISIS Command, US Hits Afghan Hospital by dantewest: 10:59pm On Oct 07, 2015
vedaxcool:

Seeing insults everywhere when there is none is a serious signs time to see the doctor or quit the internet

I know your type.

I bet hissing at people is a perfect conversation starter.

5 Likes

Re: A Tale Of Two Strategies: Russia Destroys ISIS Command, US Hits Afghan Hospital by BALLOSKI: 3:51am On Oct 08, 2015
DaBullIT:
you are pathetic and amnesic! The general commander of US operation in afghanistan confirmed the incident both at press briefing and senate hearing and even went on to say it was a mistake. So what are you saying, american-wannabe?

7 Likes

Re: A Tale Of Two Strategies: Russia Destroys ISIS Command, US Hits Afghan Hospital by BALLOSKI: 3:59am On Oct 08, 2015
anangboy:
There you go. www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-34433302

Let's just call them collateral damage.
this is the same source the writer was talking about- they dont see anything good in what russia is doing. You saw them over-flogging the presence of the US-coalation that yielded little or no result last time, but all they report about russia is casualties. I wish had a known channel like bbc, aljazeera and cnn.

1 Like

Re: A Tale Of Two Strategies: Russia Destroys ISIS Command, US Hits Afghan Hospital by BALLOSKI: 4:01am On Oct 08, 2015
vedaxcool:

use your head, bro.

5 Likes

Re: A Tale Of Two Strategies: Russia Destroys ISIS Command, US Hits Afghan Hospital by labamo07(m): 4:10am On Oct 08, 2015
DaFlash:
amerika, NATO, isreal, turkey and saudis are funding ISIS to take down assad which is loyal to the russ thats why the russians have played their war card right by bombing those terrorists, now amerika and her bitches are backed by the corner which to say, 1 they are not carrying their airstrikes well or 2 they are just propaganding on fighting isis which they are not during cus of their interest, i wish russia and nigeria can form a stratigic ally to fight boko boys cus they are covert of cia too so that they can establish their AFRICOM base here which is the NWO agenda
Nigeria to form alliance with Russia keh!!!!! you wan make nigeria romance with America to turn sour sharp sharp..........
Re: A Tale Of Two Strategies: Russia Destroys ISIS Command, US Hits Afghan Hospital by ArodewilliamsT: 5:16am On Oct 08, 2015
It is confirmed on CNN and Al-jazeera. The US bombed the hospital at kunduz. The head of MSF medics have told us her story, confirming the killings.

Who is a greater threat, ISIS or Assad? I think ISIS. The US sponsors ISIS albeit covertly to remove Assad. Russia goes after ISIS and i support Russians.

The yanks are chasing shadows if they think they can keep brainwashing the world to prioritize Assad's removal over the dangerous murderous ISIS. It negates common sense. Kremlin has my FULL support.

3 Likes

Re: A Tale Of Two Strategies: Russia Destroys ISIS Command, US Hits Afghan Hospital by DaBullIT(m): 5:47am On Oct 08, 2015
Looks like you just got data and / or sattelite TV subscription , this happened over a week ago and i have moved on , why's that pathetic ?
BALLOSKI:
you are pathetic and amnesic! The general commander of US operation in afghanistan confirmed the incident both at press briefing and senate hearing and even went on to say it was a mistake. So what are you saying, american-wannabe?
Re: A Tale Of Two Strategies: Russia Destroys ISIS Command, US Hits Afghan Hospital by cooljude(m): 6:14am On Oct 08, 2015
DaBullIT:
Which news are you following, something that the US president had set up a panel to investigate. The said invent occured and it is a crime against humanity.

1 Like

Re: A Tale Of Two Strategies: Russia Destroys ISIS Command, US Hits Afghan Hospital by cooljude(m): 6:15am On Oct 08, 2015
DaBullIT:
Which news are you following, something that the US president had set up a panel to investigate. The said invent occured and it is a crime against humanity for bombing innocent civilians recieving treatment.

1 Like

Re: A Tale Of Two Strategies: Russia Destroys ISIS Command, US Hits Afghan Hospital by dantewest: 6:52am On Oct 08, 2015
BALLOSKI:
this is the same source the writer was talking about- they dont see anything good in what russia is doing. You saw them over-flogging the presence of the US-coalation that yielded little or no result last time, but all they report about russia is casualties. I wish had a known channel like bbc, aljazeera and cnn.

The Russians have a similar news channel which is gaining ground rapidly. Go to www.rt.com That is my favorite website for alternative news.

I love their slogan which is simply called 'QUESTION MORE' Which is exactly what most 'America wannabes' do need!

1 Like

Re: A Tale Of Two Strategies: Russia Destroys ISIS Command, US Hits Afghan Hospital by dantewest: 6:57am On Oct 08, 2015
ArodewilliamsT:
It is confirmed on CNN abd Al-jazeera. The US bombed the hospital at kunduz. The head of MSF medics have told us her story, confirming the kilkings.

Who is a greater threat ISIS or Assad? I think ISIS. The US sponsors ISIS albeit covertly to remove Assad. Russians goes after ISIS and i support Russians.

The yanks are chasing shadows if they think they can keep brainwashing the world to prioritize Assad's removal over the dangerous murderous ISIS. Kremlin has my FULL support.

It's so unfortunate that many Nigerians have been utterly brainwashed to think the United States army and politicians are so pure that they don't/can't make mistakes or support terrorist.
Re: A Tale Of Two Strategies: Russia Destroys ISIS Command, US Hits Afghan Hospital by dantewest: 7:00am On Oct 08, 2015
ArodewilliamsT:
It is confirmed on CNN abd Al-jazeera. The US bombed the hospital at kunduz. The head of MSF medics have told us her story, confirming the kilkings.

Who is a greater threat ISIS or Assad? I think ISIS. The US sponsors ISIS albeit covertly to remove Assad. Russians goes after ISIS and i support Russians.

The yanks are chasing shadows if they think they can keep brainwashing the world to prioritize Assad's removal over the dangerous murderous ISIS. Kremlin has my FULL support.

The most annoying thing is that they were lying about being guilty of bombing that hospital in the first place!

They release 4 different version of the story in 4 days! Even our lovely APC can't dare try that.
Re: A Tale Of Two Strategies: Russia Destroys ISIS Command, US Hits Afghan Hospital by dantewest: 7:02am On Oct 08, 2015
labamo07:

Nigeria to form alliance with Russia keh!!!!! you wan make nigeria romance with America to turn sour sharp sharp..........

Lmao! If wishes were horses!

A better alliance will be between Nigeria, Russia and China.

Our marriage of rape between Nigeria, Britain and the United States is simply what it is - RAPE!
Re: A Tale Of Two Strategies: Russia Destroys ISIS Command, US Hits Afghan Hospital by capip120(m): 7:03am On Oct 08, 2015
Seems to me like there are many American sympathizers here who lacks analogical sense.
I will be very glad if Russia intensifies it's bomb to include the stupid free Syrian army a military arm of the US which seeks to depose Assad. The US is a country with full hypocrites and double standardness.

3 Likes

Re: A Tale Of Two Strategies: Russia Destroys ISIS Command, US Hits Afghan Hospital by otukpo(f): 7:05am On Oct 08, 2015
A good one.

1 Like

Re: A Tale Of Two Strategies: Russia Destroys ISIS Command, US Hits Afghan Hospital by vedaxcool(m): 7:26am On Oct 08, 2015
dantewest:

[s]I know your type.

I bet hissing at people is a perfect conversation starter.[/s]

Yawns cool
Re: A Tale Of Two Strategies: Russia Destroys ISIS Command, US Hits Afghan Hospital by LeOstrich: 7:26am On Oct 08, 2015
DaBullIT:

A fool for life.

The US govt has come out to apologize for the bombing.

A special UN commission is carrying out further investigation on the attack to see if they can charge US for war crimes and you are here posting crap from your dirty one room shack in osogbo .

APC zombie

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Revealed: How Dino Melaye Got Admitted To ABU. / Breaking:see What Soka "The Kidnapping Den" Has Been Transformed Into / Imagine If It Was PDP Rally That Was Empty Like APC Lagos Own

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.