Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,041 members, 7,866,941 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 08:38 AM

Pope Expel Gay Priest From Vatican - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pope Expel Gay Priest From Vatican (1690 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu Threatens To Expel IPOB Members Who Pay Nigerian Police Bail Money / Senate Plots To Expel Ita Enang, Suspend Six Senators - Premium Times / "Why We Cannot Expel Cadets Who Tortured Man For Complimenting Female Officer" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pope Expel Gay Priest From Vatican by bilulu(m): 9:58pm On Oct 04, 2015
Pope expels gay priest from Vatican
OCTOBER 4, 2015 : AGENCY REPORT 180 COMMENTS

The Vatican, on Saturday, fired a senior priest, Krzysztof Charamsa, who publicly came out as gay on the eve of a major meeting of church leaders to discuss the Church’s stance on social issues such as divorce and homosexuality.

A statement by a spokesman for Pope Francis described the Polish priest’s action as “very serious and irresponsible,” adding that he would be immediately sacked from his post as a theologian in the Vatican.

The statement read, “The decision to make such a pointed statement on the eve of the opening of the synod appears very serious and irresponsible, since it aims to subject the synod assembly to undue media pressure.”

Charamsa, who is a mid-level official in the Vatican bureaucracy’s dealing with church doctrine, flanked by his Spanish boyfriend while donning his priest’s collar, on Saturday, had earlier told a news conference in Rome that he was compelled to speak out against the “hypocrisy and paranoia” that he said had shaped the Church’s attitude to sexual minorities.

The 43-year-old priest said, “I’m out of the closet, and I’m very happy about that. I want to be an advocate for all sexual minorities and their families who have suffered in silence.”

He presented a 10-point “liberation manifesto” against “institutionalised homophobia in the Church,” which he said particularly oppressed the gay men who, according to him, make up the majority of priests.

He also revealed plans for a book about his 12 years at the heart of a Vatican bureaucracy, only just recovering from a scandal under previous Pope Benedict XVI over the influence of a “gay lobby” among senior clergy.
Re: Pope Expel Gay Priest From Vatican by Justice28(m): 10:00pm On Oct 04, 2015
Good, nice action

You can also click on this for me
http://TheRevenueJob.com/?ref=23010
Re: Pope Expel Gay Priest From Vatican by OZAOEKPE(f): 10:03pm On Oct 04, 2015
"the church is infallible". Quote me anywhere

2 Likes

Re: Pope Expel Gay Priest From Vatican by Republlican(f): 10:04pm On Oct 04, 2015
Hmmmm that's great
Re: Pope Expel Gay Priest From Vatican by redsun(m): 10:27pm On Oct 04, 2015
I thought this pope was making out to be a liberal that accepts people for what they like "christ"?
Re: Pope Expel Gay Priest From Vatican by redsun(m): 10:29pm On Oct 04, 2015
OZAOEKPE:

The church said it is infallible. And it is as long as people like you agrees.

I hope you don't mean it?
Re: Pope Expel Gay Priest From Vatican by Phame: 10:34pm On Oct 04, 2015
See the bastard below.

BTW , didn't pope say " who is he to judge?"

End of compromise!

Re: Pope Expel Gay Priest From Vatican by ezeagu(m): 10:36pm On Oct 04, 2015
OZAOEKPE:

Quoted: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholic_Church_and_slavery

The wretch of you know where already knows they are talking about themselves.
Re: Pope Expel Gay Priest From Vatican by OZAOEKPE(f): 10:40pm On Oct 04, 2015
ezeagu:

Quoted: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholic_Church_and_slavery

The wretch of you know where already knows they are talking about themselves.
"the church then was mixed with politics, they committed this crimes in the name of the church. The church can never and will never make mistake. The teachings and tradition of the church is infallible, any error or mistake is human". Quote me anywhere

1 Like

Re: Pope Expel Gay Priest From Vatican by Phame: 10:42pm On Oct 04, 2015
OZAOEKPE:
carry ur tiny thing comot for here. You De form 9inch undecided
Re: Pope Expel Gay Priest From Vatican by ezeagu(m): 10:42pm On Oct 04, 2015
OZAOEKPE:

"the church then was mixed with politics, they committed this crimes in the name of the church. The church can never and will never make mistake. The teachings and tradition of the church is infallible, any error or mistake is human". Quote me anywhere

If the Church was even mixed with politics and even blessing slave ships then how is the bombaclot church infallible?
Re: Pope Expel Gay Priest From Vatican by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:44pm On Oct 04, 2015
He presented a 10-point “liberation manifesto” against “institutionalised homophobia in the Church,” which he said particularly oppressed the gay men who, according to him, make up the majority of priests
Catholics over to you... grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Pope Expel Gay Priest From Vatican by yanabasee(m): 10:44pm On Oct 04, 2015
God please don't let that bastard to mislead the masses into homosexuality.... What's with gays? They seems to be increasing by the day?

Mehn....cnt imagine it.... Sticking ya c**k inside another man's a*s! Damn! Not funny!

Or another man professing his love and feelings to a fellow bearded nigga! Phewwwww! Unbelievable!!
Re: Pope Expel Gay Priest From Vatican by OZAOEKPE(f): 10:51pm On Oct 04, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
Catholics over to you... grin grin
"what's his sample size"? Quote me when you get the figure
Re: Pope Expel Gay Priest From Vatican by ezeagu(m): 10:52pm On Oct 04, 2015
yanabasee:
God please don't let that bastard to mislead the masses into homosexuality.... What's with gays? They seems to be increasing by the day?

Mehn....cnt imagine it.... Sticking ya c**k inside another man's a*s! Damn! Not funny!

Or another man professing his love and feelings to a fellow bearded nigga! Phewwwww! Unbelievable!!

Crying more than the bereaved, na your nyash them fork?
Re: Pope Expel Gay Priest From Vatican by ezeagu(m): 10:54pm On Oct 04, 2015
Phame:
carry ur tiny thing comot for here. You De form 9inch undecided

This thread is homo enough nau.
Re: Pope Expel Gay Priest From Vatican by OZAOEKPE(f): 10:54pm On Oct 04, 2015
ezeagu:

Are you a gay?

1 Like

Re: Pope Expel Gay Priest From Vatican by Phame: 10:56pm On Oct 04, 2015
OZAOEKPE:

"the church then was mixed with politics, they committed this crimes in the name of the church.
the church symbolizes politics since time immemorial.

OZAOEKPE:
The church can never and will never make mistake.
You said this and...

OZAOEKPE:
The teachings and tradition of the church is infallible, any error or mistake is human". Quote me anywhere
and you said this...

First, you said the church can never make mistake, again, you admitted the humans in church are responsible for the mistake.

The question is , can there be the church without human?
Re: Pope Expel Gay Priest From Vatican by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:57pm On Oct 04, 2015
OZAOEKPE:

"what's his sample size"? Quote me when you get the figure
He's an insider remember...
Re: Pope Expel Gay Priest From Vatican by ezeagu(m): 10:58pm On Oct 04, 2015
OZAOEKPE:

Are you a gay?

Are you asking me or yourself?
Re: Pope Expel Gay Priest From Vatican by Phame: 10:59pm On Oct 04, 2015
ezeagu:

This thread is homo enough nau.
I see...
Re: Pope Expel Gay Priest From Vatican by OZAOEKPE(f): 11:01pm On Oct 04, 2015
Phame:
the church symbolizes politics since time immemorial.

You said this and...

and you said this...

First, you said the church can never make mistake, again, you admitted the humans in church are responsible for the mistake.

The question is , can there be the church without human?
Get it bro, we humans and we are bound to make mistakes. What in saying is, the tradition and teachings of the church is infallible under the inspiration of the holy spirit.

1 Like

Re: Pope Expel Gay Priest From Vatican by OZAOEKPE(f): 11:04pm On Oct 04, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

He's an insider remember...
"that does not mean he's right, fine there is always a Judas, but I tell you bro, he's only trying to hype the issue".

1 Like

Re: Pope Expel Gay Priest From Vatican by ezeagu(m): 11:05pm On Oct 04, 2015
OZAOEKPE:

Get it bro, we humans and we are bound to make mistakes. What in saying is, the tradition and teachings of the church is infallible under the inspiration of the holy spirit.

"Christians who are slaves should give their masters full respect so that the name of God and his teaching will not be shamed. If your master is a Christian, that is no excuse for being disrespectful. You should work all the harder because you are helping another believer by your efforts. Teach these truths, Timothy, and encourage everyone to obey them." (1 Timothy 6:1-2 NLT)
Re: Pope Expel Gay Priest From Vatican by ezeagu(m): 11:06pm On Oct 04, 2015
OZAOEKPE:

"Slaves, obey your earthly masters with deep respect and fear. Serve them sincerely as you would serve Christ." (Ephesians 6:5 NLT)
Re: Pope Expel Gay Priest From Vatican by Nobody: 11:07pm On Oct 04, 2015
Why does a gay go to become priest? shocked Since priests don't marry, what does he hope to achieve??
Re: Pope Expel Gay Priest From Vatican by Phame: 11:10pm On Oct 04, 2015
OZAOEKPE:

this man just brought some traditions down despite their infallibility.
Re: Pope Expel Gay Priest From Vatican by yanabasee(m): 11:16pm On Oct 04, 2015
ezeagu:

Idiotz like u got me banned...
Simple comprehension..... Block-head! Mtchwww
I can imagine how many d**kz u've sat on!
Pathetic thing!
Re: Pope Expel Gay Priest From Vatican by lilmax(m): 11:18pm On Oct 04, 2015
If this is true then there's hope smiley

1 Like

Re: Pope Expel Gay Priest From Vatican by ezeagu(m): 11:21pm On Oct 04, 2015
yanabasee:

Idiotz like u got me banned...

Simple comprehension..... Block-head! Mtchwww

I can imagine how many d**kz u've sat on!

Pathetic thing!

Ha! I'm sure you imagine often.
Re: Pope Expel Gay Priest From Vatican by Nobody: 11:30pm On Oct 04, 2015
OZAOEKPE:

This I will quote
Re: Pope Expel Gay Priest From Vatican by Nobody: 11:31pm On Oct 04, 2015
OZAOEKPE:

This again I will quote

(1) (2) (Reply)

Court Adjourned Bukola Saraki's Case against CCT Indefinitely / NNDC To Begin Oil, Gas Exploration In North-east In 2016 / Former First Lady, Patience Jonathan Makes Public Appearance Again (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.