Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,354 members, 7,819,257 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:25 PM

Ministerial List: Wike, Amaechi Take Battle To Senate - The Sun - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ministerial List: Wike, Amaechi Take Battle To Senate - The Sun (31905 Views)

"Melaye’s Academic Gown To Senate Was Stolen Or Hired, He Made Fool Of Himself" / APC Sweeps Rivers South-east, Magnus Abe Likely To Return To Senate - The Cable / Police, SSS, Broker Peace Between Wike, Amaechi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ministerial List: Wike, Amaechi Take Battle To Senate - The Sun by Nobody: 10:11am On Oct 05, 2015
PassingShot:

Why not give up now before the name appears?

You want Amaechi to be accepted as being corrupt without any proper trial but people like you defend Saraki who is generally known to have had corruption cases with EFCC, ICPC and CCB.

have u read this news ? Buhari knows that Amaechi is under EFCC custody. FYI, many cases have been reported to EFCC but politics and politricks is what many of us do not know.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/efcc-begins-probe-of-amaechi-s-administration/218620/

http://www.punchng.com/news/pdp-drags-amaechi-to-efcc/
Re: Ministerial List: Wike, Amaechi Take Battle To Senate - The Sun by poiZon: 10:11am On Oct 05, 2015
harristo:

Whether someone is able to engage in corrupt practices or not depends on who they are working for.
The key isn't whether the appointee is a thief or not, it is whether the appointer allows
him or her to steal - like Gej did.
so why r u guys so hell bent on removing saraki over his past deeds when in the present thr wont be avenue for him to deviate and hold sway as was the norm of former leaders since buhari wont tolerate shit?
Cant u see ur defense isnt holdng water?
We talking abt not rewarding all looters of our treasury no matter the party they are and u r here saying amaechi wont steal under buhari, chai see nigerians.
Re: Ministerial List: Wike, Amaechi Take Battle To Senate - The Sun by emeka2847: 10:12am On Oct 05, 2015
This is a stupid reason!
akinzeb:
[b][/b]

The nominee, Amina Mohammed, was said to be from Gombe State.

/
Re: Ministerial List: Wike, Amaechi Take Battle To Senate - The Sun by poiZon: 10:13am On Oct 05, 2015
Aufbauh:
"To stumble twice against the same stone is a proverbial disgrace" - Cicero
Wike is embarking on a mission that is practically impossible, an exercise in futility.
His case is a tale of an unserious housewife who always rant without meaningful contribution.
and u forget that woman still holds the key to sexual satisfaction.....
Wahala dey oooo
Re: Ministerial List: Wike, Amaechi Take Battle To Senate - The Sun by obailala(m): 10:17am On Oct 05, 2015
melzabull:
Typical! When Ameachi refused to show up and handover to Wike, did you ask why he was desperate to stop wike being a governor? Karma is a bicth!

amaechi stole rivers dry, he should go and face the corrupt charges against him as governor.

Rivers state deserve a better person
Wike fought hard to be the governor, he is definitely the winner today. So why is he so desperate to ensure Amaechi isn't made a minister?... Does Amaechi becoming a minister hamper his governorship in any way?.. or does he have another preferred candidate he wants?... I really don't get it undecided
Re: Ministerial List: Wike, Amaechi Take Battle To Senate - The Sun by melzabull(f): 10:27am On Oct 05, 2015
obailala:
Wike fought hard to be the governor, he is definitely the winner today. So why is he so desperate to ensure Amaechi isn't made a minister?... Does Amaechi becoming a minister hamper his governorship in any way?.. or does he have another preferred candidate he wants?... I really don't get it undecided
hahaha...Naive of you cheesy

Of course Wike has his prefered candidate just like amaechi had his preferred candidate for governor.

...and yes it will hamper it, cos he needs a minister that will work in tandem with the state government and not a minister that will want to sabotage his government in order to hive it a bad name.

c'mon this is common sense

BTW, I thought you APC nland warriors said amachi accepting to serve as a minister will be an insult to his person, cos a ministerial post will belittle his status...and i ask, why does amashi have to be a minister?lwkmd grin

madcow1, come and answer your qeurry kikikikiki grin

2 Likes

Re: Ministerial List: Wike, Amaechi Take Battle To Senate - The Sun by reuben79: 10:30am On Oct 05, 2015
mondee02:

So you don't care about the Nigeria corruption, I pity people like you.
i care 4 my country nigeria ok.but don't be bais wit ur comment.do u hv any evidence against amachi? If yet bring it out ok.politics is game of intrest nt by tribe#amachi support buhari and leave gej its nature of politico
Re: Ministerial List: Wike, Amaechi Take Battle To Senate - The Sun by tomakint: 10:46am On Oct 05, 2015
Aufbauh:
"To stumble twice against the same stone is a proverbial disgrace" - Cicero
Wike is embarking on a mission that is practically impossible, an exercise in futility.
His case is a tale of an unserious housewife who always rant without meaningful contribution.
You need deliverance.......undecided you must be new to Nigerian politics

Re: Ministerial List: Wike, Amaechi Take Battle To Senate - The Sun by Aufbauh(m): 10:52am On Oct 05, 2015
tomakint:

You need deliverance.......undecided you must be new to Nigerian politics
Really? You talked like a 'pastor in-chief' and the 'politician general of the federation'.
Re: Ministerial List: Wike, Amaechi Take Battle To Senate - The Sun by ihatesycophant(m): 10:56am On Oct 05, 2015
benpedro:
If Amaechi's name appears on the ministerial list,then i give up on Buhari and his anti-corruption fight

It is good to give up. The shortest route to hell. Continue to give up, until you're lower to the mother's earth.
Re: Ministerial List: Wike, Amaechi Take Battle To Senate - The Sun by obailala(m): 10:57am On Oct 05, 2015
melzabull:
hahaha...Naive of you cheesy

Of course Wike has his prefered candidate just like amaechi had his preferred candidate for governor.

...and yes it will hamper it, cos he needs a minister that will work in tandem with the state government and not a minister that will want to sabotage his government in order to hive it a bad name.

c'mon this is common sense

BTW, I thought you APC nland warriors said amachi accepting to serve as a minister will be an insult to his person, cos a ministerial post will belittle his status...and i ask, why does amashi have to be a minister?lwkmd grin

madcow1, come and answer your qeurry kikikikiki grin
Don't you think it is laughable for WIke to have his candidate even as a PDP man?.. SMH... Wike is only being childish by chasing ameachi around as if his life depends on amaechi's downfall. In this matter, I would expect amaechi to be the one having grudges against wike and not the other way around.

Regarding Amaechi taking a ministerial slot, what position is higher than a minister or ambassador?
Re: Ministerial List: Wike, Amaechi Take Battle To Senate - The Sun by kkboy(m): 11:01am On Oct 05, 2015
I guess this is the time for elders of Niger Delta. Rivers State and Ikwerre to call Wike to order. His opposition to Amaechi is now going beyond tolerance and it may impact negatively to the dividends that will accrue to the generality of Niger Delta. Rivers State and Ikwerre people. We must learn from the northern and know when to stop every animosity and acrimony for the interest of our people.
Re: Ministerial List: Wike, Amaechi Take Battle To Senate - The Sun by melzabull(f): 11:04am On Oct 05, 2015
obailala:
Don't you think it is laughable for WIke to have his candidate even as a PDP man?.. SMH... Wike is only being childish by chasing ameachi around as if his life depends on amaechi's downfall. In this matter, I would expect amaechi to be the one having grudges against wike and not the other way around.

Regarding Amaechi taking a ministerial slot, [b]what position is higher than a minister or ambassador[]?
pls ask mad cow cheesy

I do not necessary mean a PDP person, but a less egoistic and arrogant person, not amaechi and no, he isn't chasing amaechi. Why dong amaevhi go and clear his name like saraki is trying to do ?
Re: Ministerial List: Wike, Amaechi Take Battle To Senate - The Sun by aumeehn: 11:12am On Oct 05, 2015
dougivilla:
What of what PMB, EL rufai, Lai Mohammed etc are doing to GEJ, double too? and who are they doing it for??
Mallam Gej is a total failure nothing more!
Re: Ministerial List: Wike, Amaechi Take Battle To Senate - The Sun by obailala(m): 11:16am On Oct 05, 2015
melzabull:
pls ask mad cow cheesy

I do not necessary mean a PDP person, but a less egoistic and arrogant person, not amaechi and no, he isn't chasing amaechi. Why dong amaevhi go and clear his name like saraki is trying to do ?
Clear his name from what exactly?... Newspaper and nairaland and facebook accusations?

Wike has been probing for 4 months now but has not been able to prepare a proper case in court or with EFCC/ICPC/CCT against amaechi; so if I may ask again, what exactly is amaechi clearing his name from?
Re: Ministerial List: Wike, Amaechi Take Battle To Senate - The Sun by MamaChibuike: 12:20pm On Oct 05, 2015
Blimey! You can make minimum $250 a day and $2000 a week for doing these simple task.....Follow this Link: http://lines-news.com/p69852
Re: Ministerial List: Wike, Amaechi Take Battle To Senate - The Sun by ldpele(m): 12:32pm On Oct 05, 2015
harristo:

Whether someone is able to engage in corrupt practices or not depends on who they are working for.
The key isn't whether the appointee is a thief or not, it is whether the appointer allows
every thief av a reason for stealing, just like your comment, can't believe pple LIKED it. Smh for your moral justification for thief like ameachi.
Re: Ministerial List: Wike, Amaechi Take Battle To Senate - The Sun by Wizlove(m): 1:25pm On Oct 05, 2015
Jorussia:
.wike and Rivers PDP,are ranting ants,they can't do Amaechi anything. Amaechi will scale through senate screening, the PDP senators from Rivers can only have their say,while the majority senators have their way.Despite petitions,and protest from Lagos APC senators, obanikoro still scaled through senate screening.
At that point pdp had majority senetors and a Senate President and vice at that. comparing that to now that the pro saraki senetors are joining forces with the pdp senetors to form majority in the house,what do you have to say. pls. don't forget that the APC as a party are not even united at this point.
Re: Ministerial List: Wike, Amaechi Take Battle To Senate - The Sun by marv1: 1:25pm On Oct 05, 2015
cyberguy72:
My friend y re u twisting Facts. Amaechi is a common thief na. He shld not be on d list.
Bring out the evidence now and stop wailing. Since wike became governor he has been shouting fire against amaechi. He should know better as a lawyer he should do things proper way. If he himself is not corrupt let him produce evidence against amaechi. Btw who is not a common thief among nigerian politicians?
Re: Ministerial List: Wike, Amaechi Take Battle To Senate - The Sun by Nobody: 2:20pm On Oct 05, 2015
harristo:

Apc and always passing blames. So the blame is going to Jonathan for allowing the goat to get close to the yams. And now he has become a spotless lamb by working for Buhari, is that so? But yet diezani should be in jail and he should be a minister??

I have always said it, the problem of Nigeria is its citizens not the government. Instead of speaking the truth and fighting corruption whole heartedly, you are canonizing a thief because it suits your political party.

Yeye everywhere
Re: Ministerial List: Wike, Amaechi Take Battle To Senate - The Sun by Barbarthundey(m): 4:20pm On Oct 05, 2015
melzabull:
Babatunde! i couldnt expect less. Typical two-faced,double-speaking, yolowba hypocrite and coward.

Suddenly an 'outsider' becomes a Nigerian, but when you South West slaves were asking Igbo to leave lagos you didn't remember they were also Nigerians abi?

Anuofia!

What!!! can you expatiate on your quoted word?('outsider') You see yourself? "asking Igbo to leave Lagos" Did we ask you to leave Nigeria? Inasmuch as we are still in the same country, we are still 'one'
Re: Ministerial List: Wike, Amaechi Take Battle To Senate - The Sun by Barbarthundey(m): 5:12pm On Oct 05, 2015
canDy4eva:
dnt mind dem! Old men dat would nt let Nigeria b! Wike leave Amechi alone, biko! He is nt ur problem...

Abi ooo... he should face his assignment
Re: Ministerial List: Wike, Amaechi Take Battle To Senate - The Sun by melzabull(f): 7:04pm On Oct 05, 2015
obailala:
Clear his name from what exactly?... Newspaper and nairaland and facebook accusations?

Wike has been probing for 4 months now but has not been able to prepare a proper case in court or with EFCC/ICPC/CCT against amaechi; so if I may ask again, what exactly is amaechi clearing his name from?
For corrupt charges of course. Or if you feel he has no case to answer, then let's wait for the ministerial screening and see how it goes
Re: Ministerial List: Wike, Amaechi Take Battle To Senate - The Sun by chrisblack: 10:43pm On Oct 05, 2015
highmood:
But come to think of it, I would have expected the president to have given Amechi a post which do not require the approval of the senate.
If the Senate fails to approve Amechi for a ministerial position, then the president have systematically pushed Amechi away from his cabinet since his inputs may no longer needed.
Even without Gov. Wike's objection to Amechi been a minister, I believe most PDP senators will never want to approve him. Then, it will be a test of how much in numbes APC senators from the north and south loves Amechi.
A responsible government needs not the services of a garrulous minister but a twice-thinking one.
All this attack on ameachi is simply because he left PDP.
Re: Ministerial List: Wike, Amaechi Take Battle To Senate - The Sun by highmood(m): 8:40am On Oct 06, 2015
chrisblack:
All this attack on ameachi is simply because he left PDP.
what is politics if not a game of personal interest. No political party will be happy if one of theirs does same. Lets see in the next few years, how loyal those in the ruling party will be.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fayose : Nigerian Economy May Collapse In 3 Months!! / 7 Nigerians Who Can Upturn IMF's Depressing GDP Forecast / Igbos In Lagos Pledge Allegiance To Gani Adams

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.