Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,556 members, 7,819,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:09 AM

Did You Know: TECNO, Infinix, And Itel Are Owned By The Same Company? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Did You Know: TECNO, Infinix, And Itel Are Owned By The Same Company? (6826 Views)

This is Why Tecno, Infinix Will Never Try Selling Its Models In US Or Europe! / Infinix, Tecno And Itel Owned By Same Company-- Transsion Holdings / Do You Know That Infinix And Itel Phones Are Owned By Tecno Mobile (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did You Know: TECNO, Infinix, And Itel Are Owned By The Same Company? by Diakon(m): 2:35pm On Oct 01, 2015
Don't think TECNO and Infinix are competitors; they're just two brands of the same company. Full story here: https://shalvahadebayo./2015/09/24/yes-tecno-and-infinix-are-owned-by-the-same-company-itel-and-carlcare-too/

1 Like

Re: Did You Know: TECNO, Infinix, And Itel Are Owned By The Same Company? by sorextee(m): 2:38pm On Oct 01, 2015
ARE U SERIOUS
Re: Did You Know: TECNO, Infinix, And Itel Are Owned By The Same Company? by parrotibaba(m): 3:03pm On Oct 01, 2015
Na now u know?
Re: Did You Know: TECNO, Infinix, And Itel Are Owned By The Same Company? by benega: 4:21pm On Oct 01, 2015
liar
Edited: upon research I have verified this claim.
haha and peeps would be battling each other on the argument on which is better while the companies laugh at us.
Re: Did You Know: TECNO, Infinix, And Itel Are Owned By The Same Company? by RexioKlasik(m): 4:29pm On Oct 01, 2015
.....and u just found out?
Re: Did You Know: TECNO, Infinix, And Itel Are Owned By The Same Company? by phiszo(m): 4:35pm On Oct 01, 2015
i saw the word "tecno" in the name of the software update on my phone (infinix).

4 Likes

Re: Did You Know: TECNO, Infinix, And Itel Are Owned By The Same Company? by KillerBeauty(f): 4:42pm On Oct 01, 2015
I know dat already. Tecno itel and infinix use the same care centre.

12 Likes

Re: Did You Know: TECNO, Infinix, And Itel Are Owned By The Same Company? by amAZEing: 4:50pm On Oct 01, 2015
KillerBeauty:
I know dat already. Tecno itel and infinix use the same care centre.

This is the only correct assertion. They use the same CarlCare for phone manufactured with MTK chips.

2 Likes

Re: Did You Know: TECNO, Infinix, And Itel Are Owned By The Same Company? by Diakon(m): 5:17pm On Oct 01, 2015
amAZEing:

This is the only correct assertion. They use the same CarlCare for phone manufactured with MTK chips.

To all doubters:
If you use an Infinix phone, check the XClib app. It's package name is: com.tecno..infinix..xclub.

Or just visit transsion.com
Re: Did You Know: TECNO, Infinix, And Itel Are Owned By The Same Company? by NCP: 5:52pm On Oct 01, 2015
MobiWire SAS is a spin-off of Sagem Wireless. (Parent Body for Infinix, Carlcare, Tecno, etc)

MobiWire SAS was created in July 2011 with an equity investment from MobiWire Mobiles Ningbo Co. Ltd., formerly Sagetel Mobiles (Ningbo, China) because Sagem Wireless had gone into bankruptcy when it was a majority owned by Sofinnova.

Currently, the company has shifted its focus to mid to high range smartphones and cash payment terminals, as an Original Design Manufacturer for main European Mobile Network Operators and retailers.

lnfinix Mobility (Mobile Manufacturing and Marketing arm of Former Sagem)

R and D Centres in France and Korea, Manufacturing Plants in China and subsidiaries in over 60 COUNTRIES worldwide.

Tecno Mobile
Established by opportunistic ex-LG employees, Headquartered in Hong Kong sell products only in some select African countries.

All in all, Tecno is a marketing company getting her product designs and manufacturing else where.

4 Likes

Re: Did You Know: TECNO, Infinix, And Itel Are Owned By The Same Company? by Simplyunique: 6:07pm On Oct 01, 2015
Lemme book space.. .
Re: Did You Know: TECNO, Infinix, And Itel Are Owned By The Same Company? by Nobody: 6:10pm On Oct 01, 2015
Tell me something...

Lets read the full story here
Re: Did You Know: TECNO, Infinix, And Itel Are Owned By The Same Company? by lilmax(m): 6:22pm On Oct 01, 2015
Tell me something i dont know
Re: Did You Know: TECNO, Infinix, And Itel Are Owned By The Same Company? by Donkaz(m): 6:33pm On Oct 01, 2015
Serious
Re: Did You Know: TECNO, Infinix, And Itel Are Owned By The Same Company? by mjames: 6:44pm On Oct 01, 2015
Na wa o o o
Re: Did You Know: TECNO, Infinix, And Itel Are Owned By The Same Company? by Enouwem(m): 7:09pm On Oct 01, 2015
I knew this when I decompiled a lot of Infinix system applications and saw Tecno scattered all over the source code.

7 Likes

Re: Did You Know: TECNO, Infinix, And Itel Are Owned By The Same Company? by Nobody: 7:16pm On Oct 01, 2015
and some folks would be killing themselves on which is better..

same thing,different pack.
Re: Did You Know: TECNO, Infinix, And Itel Are Owned By The Same Company? by Nobody: 7:31pm On Oct 01, 2015
That's cos androids suck
Re: Did You Know: TECNO, Infinix, And Itel Are Owned By The Same Company? by Rogersmith(m): 8:10pm On Oct 01, 2015
liberty300:
That's cos androids suck
I suspect.
Re: Did You Know: TECNO, Infinix, And Itel Are Owned By The Same Company? by Wisdomkosi(m): 8:25pm On Oct 01, 2015
Hmmmmmm
Re: Did You Know: TECNO, Infinix, And Itel Are Owned By The Same Company? by Marksule(m): 8:28pm On Oct 01, 2015
Unbelievable
Re: Did You Know: TECNO, Infinix, And Itel Are Owned By The Same Company? by lordmade2(f): 8:35pm On Oct 01, 2015
cheesy yeah there is a new boss in town that doubles your data unlimitedly works like magic on all android phones don't dull this is a good news and android has come to stay I don't want to brag about my data usage because I know they will hide the post most of us knows this VPN and it has come to save all android internet users no more worries about data
If you need the VPN just ask me and I will show it to you for free without money yes I'm giving it out for free As a gift to celebrate this Independence day mind you I'm straight forward once I see your Hello, Hi, Good day etc I will just send it to you remember not to eat alone also share it with your friends cool
Whatsapp for it 08099009565 don't dull
Re: Did You Know: TECNO, Infinix, And Itel Are Owned By The Same Company? by Justbeingreal(m): 8:37pm On Oct 01, 2015
Seriously
Re: Did You Know: TECNO, Infinix, And Itel Are Owned By The Same Company? by Youngpo413: 8:37pm On Oct 01, 2015
Nice info
Re: Did You Know: TECNO, Infinix, And Itel Are Owned By The Same Company? by StealthyMe(m): 8:53pm On Oct 01, 2015
Oo yeah...is that so ?

Re: Did You Know: TECNO, Infinix, And Itel Are Owned By The Same Company? by Haywhymido(m): 9:18pm On Oct 01, 2015
Never Knew
Re: Did You Know: TECNO, Infinix, And Itel Are Owned By The Same Company? by techmart(m): 10:15pm On Oct 01, 2015
thats business strategy
Re: Did You Know: TECNO, Infinix, And Itel Are Owned By The Same Company? by Guadiol104(m): 10:28pm On Oct 01, 2015
No be lie ooo
Re: Did You Know: TECNO, Infinix, And Itel Are Owned By The Same Company? by Nobody: 11:11pm On Oct 01, 2015
A reference was made to this in this article:

http://techviews.com.ng/tecno-phantom5-vs-xiaomi-mi4c/
Re: Did You Know: TECNO, Infinix, And Itel Are Owned By The Same Company? by Holywizard: 11:37pm On Oct 01, 2015
china phones!!!!
Re: Did You Know: TECNO, Infinix, And Itel Are Owned By The Same Company? by Osyxcel(m): 11:38pm On Oct 01, 2015
Something I've known since 2 years ago
Re: Did You Know: TECNO, Infinix, And Itel Are Owned By The Same Company? by focus7: 11:47pm On Oct 01, 2015
I have heard this before.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Activate Cliq4dnite Plan On Etisalat(9mobile) Sim / Whats The Best Music Player App On Phone / Hilarious pics. That Moment Some1 Borrow Ur Phone To See 1pics.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.