Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,993 members, 7,821,469 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:24 PM

Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released (20888 Views)

Quit Notice Against Igbos Is Real And Stands, Ex-presidential Aid, Okupe Warns / United Nation Reacts To Arewa Group’s Threat Against Igbos / Why Buhari Didn’t Appoint Igbos As Service Chiefs — Oyegun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by omonnakoda: 9:44pm On Oct 06, 2015
xtrorse:

What sort of silly and mischievous question is that?

Is the free handouts from federal government courtesy of the crude oil wealth not enough encouragement?
The crude belongs to you mother?
Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by Nobody: 9:48pm On Oct 06, 2015
gbemtrol:
Obviously you have no clue!
I am not proud of myself to have tried to reason with you.

Goodnight

I blame myself for condescending too low to relate and impart some sense into a Quota System product, all to no avail save mudslinging.
Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by Nobody: 9:48pm On Oct 06, 2015
omonnakoda:
The crude belongs to you mother?

The crude oil should be from your mother's oily soup in the kitchen...

or better still, just to massage your silly ego...

the crude oil is most likely from your most treasured evil forests pervading the SW landscape where the carcasses of innocent people, whose lives were snuffed out of them in the most cruel manner by ritualistic and wicked folks, over the years have been subjected to much heat thereby forming crude oil bearing sedimentary rocks.

Soka Evil Forest should be having close to 104 oil wells as your share for being a notorious human parts merchant of death...
Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by shizzy7(f): 9:53pm On Oct 06, 2015
xtrorse:

You're still being sentimental and mischievous by standing logic on its head and avoiding my questions.

A child who had a low score does not mean he/she is from a poverty-ridden home! And getting high score isn't related to affluence! You need to stop beating about the bush!

This is politics section and Quota System policy and it's application is all about politics. To mischievous fellows like you more or less justify the exclusion of SE from the 40 important political appointments made so far by the PMB administration.

If at all you've any point to support your line of argument you wouldn't be stating that SW and SS scores are as high as that of the SE. That's no justification at all for the application of the Quota system criteria in merit-related issues at the expense of political appointments.

Check past records of the Unity Schools admission scores for the past decades to see the position of your Yoruba folks.

Here's a previous year's Unity Schools Admission Cut-off Marks for your consideration:

My own point of view towards this issue are all in my previous posts and I'll bring them back to this page again. I can't continue saying the same thing over and over again all to a dead end...

So now that I don't subscribe to your own school of thought that makes me MISCHIEVOUS....
***Go to the headquarters of Unity schools or those in charge and ask them why they're being MISCHIEVOUS for not making other states Higher than Igbo states Or for not making all states equal....
They'll give you an explanation which will not deviate from all I've been typing..

I would have asked the same question gbemtrol asked But I see you've already provided an EXPECTED answer..
Goodnight

1 Like

Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by otr1(m): 9:56pm On Oct 06, 2015
xtrorse:

Utter trash!

If you're sensible you would rather advocate the elimination of Quota System in our polity...
If you have any brain, you should be talking about scapping Unity Schools first.
Quotal system has got to stop from there.

1 Like

Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by Nobody: 10:02pm On Oct 06, 2015
StOla:

Obviously your opinion is of no importance to the policy, and the truth about your greed obviously hurts you so bad.

Now you already know that unity schools are not the only secondary schools in Nigeria. They are a deliberate government experiment at fostering national integration, while subsidizing education to be benefited by a limited number of Nigerians but shared amongst the states of the federation. It is not a school for the gifted. It is for national integration.

Again unity school is not by force.
If you want merit, proceed to where merit is a prerequisite.

You cannot apply to an engineering school and then begin to insists they must offer medicine. Did you not know the way to a medical school when applying?

They do not in anyway hinder any brilliant student from pursuing academics in other regular schools where you pay your money's worth, or the multitudes of state owned public schools nationwide.

Learn to always limit yourself to what has been allocated to you within a specific system, and not looking to deprive others of the little they have, especially when the rules have been defined for the system from the onset.

The irritating part is there are other options you are free to pursue, but you insist only you must snatch all that the subsidized system has to offer.

Let d most intelligent n hard working tribe snatch it all.
Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by Nobody: 10:03pm On Oct 06, 2015
otr1:

If you have any brain, you should be talking about scapping Unity Schools first.

I had thought you had some stuff upstairs since you claimed and chest-beated of scoring 165 in the Unity Schools admission during your days.

In my previous post to you, I muted thus:
"If you're sensible you would rather advocate the elimination of Quota System in our polity..."

Are you that dumb as to understand that the Quota System policy affects virtually every merit-related issues in Nigeria?

Pray tell, what evil structure in the polity have you and your folks persistently clamoured to be dismantled?
To start with, do you even stand for anything?

To save the country from the unavoidable disintegration, the Igbos have always clamoured for the evil structures and the lopsided arrangement in the polity that have caused much injustice and inequity to be dismantled? What can be more than that?

And here you are, in the name of sounding objective as a local champion claiming smartness, chasing shadow and leaving the substance by singling out the Unity Schools.

It's a pity!
Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by shizzy7(f): 10:12pm On Oct 06, 2015
otr1:

Thank you,, the major difference btw unity schools and every other govt. school is ""Culture Integration""

BUT I won't only suggest scrapping it,, I'll tell them to adjust the syllabus of every primary &secondary government schools allowing Fridays for learning of Nigeria's Culture,,the 3main languages,, tradition and history.. I think if a child learns that for 12yrs he/she will know enough about Nigeria...

1 Like

Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by StOla: 10:17pm On Oct 06, 2015
chuna1985:

Then there's no need for the subsidy or even the unity schools since they would no longer be fostering any integration when the components to be integrated are not present.

All you will be left with are the regular schools that have always existed side by side with the unity schools.
Regular schools which no one ever stopped you from snatching all now if you had the money to pay or the numbers to populate it all.

All along I knew it was all about tribal superiority for you. No one is holding you back from dominating in the greater school system.

As for Unity School subsidized with federal funds, it is not by force, but if interested, then you will have only your quota. Other states would likewise limit themselves to their quotas to.

1 Like

Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by otr1(m): 10:29pm On Oct 06, 2015
shizzy7:
Thank you,, the major difference btw unity schools and every other govt. school is ""Culture Integration""

BUT I won't only suggest scrapping it,, I'll tell them to adjust the syllabus of every primary &secondary government schools allowing Fridays for learning of Nigeria's Culture,,the 3main languages,, tradition and history.. I think if a child learns that for 12yrs he/she will know enough about Nigeria...
The Schools have lost their glories.
Moreover, the schools are not achieving what they meant to.
It's time to start talking about our differences if unity won't work.

1 Like

Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by shizzy7(f): 10:38pm On Oct 06, 2015
otr1:

The Schools have lost their glories.
Moreover, the schools are not achieving what they meant to.
It's time to start talking about our differences if unity won't work.
I've never heard about the school until I read about unity schools on this thread. ...
If this is how some people will be complaining about unfairness,,, they should just cancel it because they will become Disunity Schools..

1 Like

Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by Nobody: 11:10pm On Oct 06, 2015
StOla:

Then there's no need for the subsidy or even the unity schools since they would no longer be fostering any integration when the components to be integrated are not present.

All you will be left with are the regular schools that have always existed side by side with the unity schools.
Regular schools which no one ever stopped you from snatching all now if you had the money to pay or the numbers to populate it all.

All along I knew it was all about tribal superiority for you. No one is holding you back from dominating in the greater school system.

As for Unity School subsidized with federal funds, it is not by force, but if interested, then you will have only your quota. Other states would likewise limit themselves to their quotas to.

There's zero integration n unity in nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by sweetgala(m): 12:28am On Oct 07, 2015
Chigold101:
what is the misinformation in this? Why should Anambra state which are popularly know for their illiteracy score higher than any other state in Nigeria?
Is it not the same certificate that would be awarded to all these student at the end of the day?

Buhari appointed his brothers based on their competency, is this not how those mediocre where all produced?

Bros wake up from this your pretence and hypocrisy... The south is being cheated and the north kept producing half baked people in everything...

I am not complaining and glad that I am from Anambra State. It is a sign of our superiority to other states in Nigeria. That's why we progress in everything against all odds...

Long live Anambra State

Mediocrity is more than how well you do in an academic examination, trust me after 5 years studying engineering with some folks I can show you people who put in the work and after 5 years are better engineers than folsk with a higher score coming into college.

It is what you learn while you get the opportunity that matters. It is well known that education in the north is low, and to attract the minds whom would change that future they have lowered the cut off mark, it doesn't mean the students who would latter fill the respective quota would not eventually score higher than their Igbo counterparts it is just a function of the demand in each state.
Long Live Ndi Igbo
Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by sweetgala(m): 12:32am On Oct 07, 2015
chuna1985:

If they did that and the Igbo get nothing the wahala would break out, a good reason for the reduced cut off mark in the SW states is because if the multitude of private schools available and the other options which make the unity schols less desirable.

Otherwise all those osun, ekiti and ondo kids would fill all spots.

1 Like

Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by ifyan(m): 12:42am On Oct 07, 2015
obum88:
I am a full blooded Igbo but that is not injustice it shows superiority.

Well said.

IGBO KWENU
Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by otr1(m): 1:03am On Oct 07, 2015
shizzy7:
I've never heard about the school until I read about unity schools on this thread. ...
If this is how some people will be complaining about unfairness,,, they should just cancel it because they will become Disunity Schools..
You don't teach unity in school. It doesn't work like that. Charity begins at home, not school. Most students come out of that school and still become worse tribal and ethnic bigots. Many students from the South go there with the same sentiments about the North being displayed by some on here-it's mutual though.
There have been suggestions to scrap it sometimes ago- last year or so. I don't know what's stopping them.
Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by omonnakoda: 1:18am On Oct 07, 2015
Eboes must think other Nigerians are Stupid because they keep quiet. Nigeria is at the top of the World Examinations malpractice index
http://www.ijern.com/journal/2015/March-2015/10.pdf
http://www.iiste.org/Journals/index.php/JEP/article/download/9929/10133
http://ozelacademy.com/EJESV1N3_1.pdf
A lot of research has gone into this. For any Nigeria to some here boasting superiority in exams like common entrance or WAEC is really funny.
All available research indicates that the level of cheating in these exams is such as to make the results meaningless. No one outside Nigeria takes them seriously

The real question then is if cheating is so widespread and easy in Nigeria why don't they cheat in these Northern States.
I have my theories but will hold fire for now.

It is indeed remarkable the capacity of Eboes for self deception. Do you really believe these Miracle results? Do you think Nigerians believe them. Then you must be even more stupid than I thought

1 Like

Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by Nobody: 1:23am On Oct 07, 2015
sweetgala:

If they did that and the Igbo get nothing the wahala would break out, a good reason for the reduced cut off mark in the SW states is because if the multitude of private schools available and the other options which make the unity schols less desirable.

Otherwise all those osun, ekiti and ondo kids would fill all spots.

Even with the Quota System the SW States you just mentioned aren't topping the list.

Let government give priority to merit or stop it entirely.
Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by omonnakoda: 1:38am On Oct 07, 2015
xtrorse:

Even with the Quota System the SW States you just mentioned aren't topping the list.

Let government give priority to merit or stop it entirely.
No one is topping any list perhaps you need more education to understand what higher cut off scores mean it could mean high performance ,high demand or a combination of both. If 1000 people apply from state A and 100 from State B and they have similar performance then the cut off would be higher for state A . If you lack the ability to analyse information find someone who can.
What is clear is Eboes are the most motivated to get into unity schools (oversubscribe relative to their quota) and so their cut off is the highest.
Let me put it another way if ONE person applies from Kano state the cut off mark will be ZERO. That does not tell us what that person scored. If Kano has a quota of 20 places and 10 people apply and of those 10 ,9 score 140 and 1 scores 3 then the cut cut off score for Kano will be 3 So cut off scores are no basis to feel that you have scored the highest that is just vainglorious hubris. We simply do not have that information.

Having said that as I have said before countless studies have shown Nigeria is AT THE TOP of the WORLD in examination malpractice . I repeat the Top of the world. So for anyone from such an exam environment to come and boast in public is the height of shamelessness

https://www.google.co.uk/?gfe_rd=cr&ei=W5ARVqbIOcaq8wfT4K2QDg#q=top+country+in++exam++malpractice

1 Like

Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by Nobody: 1:41am On Oct 07, 2015
omonnakoda:

No one is topping any list perhaps you need more education to understand what higher cut off scores mean it could mean high performance ,high demand or a combination of both. If 1000 people apply from state A and 100 from State B and they have similar performance then the cut off would be higher for state A . If you lack the ability to analyse information find someone who can.
What is clear is Eboes are the most motivated to get into unity schools (oversubscribe relative to their quota) and so their cut off is the highest.
Let me put it another way if ONE person applies from Kano state the cut off mark will be ZERO. That does not tell us what that person scored

Having said that as I have said before countless studies have shown Nigeria is AT THE TOP of the WORLD in examination malpractice . I repeat the Top of the world. So for anyone from such an exam environment to come and boast in public is the height of shamelessness

You lack analytic skills. I would advise you get enrolled into a statistics class ASAP. The much celebrated Awo's free education in SW have proven to be a waste with Yorubaland having the highest concentration of illiterates in the South of Nigeria. And you're even worse off as an educated illiterate!

In the meantime, let me help you out with a more elaborate analysis of the educational prowess of each geopolitical zone for your consideration.

Enjoy!

manchy7531:
LOOK WHO IS GOING TO SCHOOL IN NIGERIA:
THE STATISTICS MAY SURPRISE YOU
Ikechukwu Agbor Tuesday, February 10, 2009
ikeagbor@yahoo.com
Dallas, Texas, USA

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence". --John Adam's (1735 - 1826) argument as he defended soldiers in the Boston Massacre trials in December 1770.

In every conceivable hamlet in Nigeria and most of Africa are men and women from the South-East who toil to make ends meet, and because of their sheer number, the press in Nigeria has continued to assert, albeit wrongly that the South-Easterners have abandoned education.

Why is that so?

Come along with me as we meander through the maze, bare the facts and bust the myth of who is in school and who is not.

We will begin by consulting JAMB, culling figures from UME admissions in the years 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, and 2007, and then crunching the numbers and provide the statistics.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/129671_chart1_jpg9400f3fc1292afce7e9255bbcbb7afcd

Fig.1. Total Admissions for the six year period for the six geo-political zones

It is noteworthy that the South-West lags behind among the three zones that comprise the South, and so for the purposes of this presentation, I will limit the study to the three Southern zones as the Northern zones have historically lagged behind their Southern counterparts.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/129672_chart2_jpga0a3b889691a453e4a152380b413c374
Fig.2. Admissions for South-East, South-West and South-South

From the above, it can thus be established that the South-East has more of her young men and women admitted to Nigerian universities than either the South-West or the South-South; "quota" system not withstanding. The South-South has been next to the South-East in the number of university admissions in all the years except 2006 and 2007 when South-West made a nominal gain. Within the South-South, it is interesting to note that Delta State is tops, and no attempt will be made on the part of the author to divvy up the South-South for the purposes of this presentation in spite of the fact that Delta and Rivers States have more of their young men and women admitted than Kwara and Kogi put together, so no numbers will be appropriated from the South-South into South-East, in as much as in the same token no remnants of Kogi and Kwara States will be consigned into the South-West.

The South-East and the South-West have far more homogeneity within the population that occupies its geographic space due to language. It is also noteworthy that there is a presence of Ijaw in the South-West but still my subsequent comparison will be solely confined to only the South-West and the South-East.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/129673_chart3_jpge2d327e790b9ada584954b99a32d1fb8
Fig.3. Male / Female admissions in the South-East

It can be seen from the above that it was only in 2004 that the number of women surpassed the men by a miniscule number. Also note the spikes in 2003 and 2004; I am not sure whether to attribute that to the number of universities under the wing of JAMB or to some other factors. The spike is also apparent when South-East is compared to both South-West and South-South (See Fig.4). It is also noteworthy that the South-East women have continued to keep pace with their male counterparts. To make a blanket statement that the South-East has abandoned education is totally false; that there are a number of men who are gainfully employed either as artisans or traders only goes to show that the South-East population has always been underestimated.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/129674_chart4_jpg4bd59914ab8905c5f78b58950813ade3
Fig.4. South-East and South-West total admissions

It is discernible that in the years from 2002 until 2007, the South-East has continued to lead the South-West in university admissions. The South-East bested the South-West in terms of number of admissions in both genders also. As to the spikes in 2003 and 2004, my best bet would be that in the subsequent years, JAMB divested from the number of universities under its wing. (See also Fig.3.)
www.nairaland.com/attachments/129675_chart5_jpgb7a32d8a5caa1bf12fa5e031ed6de980

Fig.5. South-East and South-West admissions for males

We can glean from the above chart that there are more Southeast males in the universities than their counterparts in the Southwest. In 2005 ad 2006 the numbers essentially remained the same for each zone.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/129676_chart6_jpgba35da0c97a3739577e4f82298472ca4
Fig.6. South-East and South-West female admissions

From the above, there are more South-East females in the universities than their SW female counterparts.
www.nairaland.com/attachments/129677_chart7_jpg6e9fcdcc9d9025b4e13b9143fd29248c
Fig.7. South-East Female and South-West Male admissions for six years

From the above, there are more S females in the universities than SW males.
www.nairaland.com/attachments/129678_chart8_jpg6efe076d1caeaecc3f3c3b8b60f14b2f

Fig.8. South-East Male and South-West female admissions for six years

From the above there are more SE males in the universities than SW females

www.nairaland.com/attachments/129679_chart9_jpg94caaa4be826166e9f4f759f7198bb2c

Fig.9. South-East and South-West male and female admissions for six years

From the above, among all genders, SE males lead the SE females barely, who in turn lead the SW males. The SW females are fewer in number of admissions than all others.

We can deduct from the above bar charts as follows:

From fig.1: among the six geo-political zones for six years admissions from 2002 through 2007, the SE leads followed by SS, then SW, NC, NW while NE bottomed out.

Fig.2: The SE leads the three zones in the south

Fig.3: Total male admissions in the SE is more than the female admissions for the six year period

Fig.4: SE leads SW in total admissions for six years in a row

Fig.5: SE males lead their SW counterparts in admissions for six years in row

Fig.6: SE females lead their SW counterparts in admissions for six years in a row

Fig.7: SE females lead SW males in admissions for six years in a row

Fig.8: SE males lead SW females in admissions for six years in a row

Fig.9: In all genders, SE males are tops, followed by SE females, then SW males, while S females bottomed out

In conclusion, if we add up the number of young men and women who are admitted into Nigeria universities together with the South-East men and women who are in the remotest conceivable hamlets of every state in Nigeria, and the rest in the West African sub-region and other parts of Africa, who are wrongly accused of having abandoned higher education while there South-East peers hold their own, it makes me to still demand to know how many we really are; the Nigerian state continues to spew out spurious population censuses.

Finally, if the South-East has more people in the universities when there is no reason other than that they have more candidates applying for same, it would be right and appropriately so to postulate that it in terms of population, there are more people in the South-East than either in the South-West or the South-South.

So the next time they tell you that South-East males have abandoned school, point the statistics in their face. And more poignantly ask them: O bu anyi anaghi eme ofuma; anyi oga egburu unu onwe anyi? (Aren't we doing well already; do we commit suicide for you all?)

But wait, in the next segment when the 2006 population census will be analyzed, the reader will be in for more shocker; the 2006 population census has Oyo State as the most populated State in the South-West outside Lagos, with a population of 5,591,581, while the most populated state in the South-East is Anambra State with a total population of 4,182,032. However in 2007 JAMB admissions, Anambra State recorded a total of 8,725 in admissions while Oyo State had 3,788….I am crunching the numbers.

Ikechukwu Agbor is the author of the novel "Kisses from America"

Due to space limitation all the figures could not be uploaded; however the rest of the figures can be studied at the link below

http://nigeriaworld.com/articles/2009/feb/101.html
Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by Nobody: 1:53am On Oct 07, 2015
omonnakoda:
Eboes must think other Nigerians are Stupid because they keep quiet. Nigeria is at the top of the World Examinations malpractice index
http://www.ijern.com/journal/2015/March-2015/10.pdf
http://www.iiste.org/Journals/index.php/JEP/article/download/9929/10133
http://ozelacademy.com/EJESV1N3_1.pdf
A lot of research has gone into this. For any Nigeria to some here boasting superiority in exams like common entrance or WAEC is really funny.
All available research indicates that the level of cheating in these exams is such as to make the results meaningless. No one outside Nigeria takes them seriously

The real question then is if cheating is so widespread and easy in Nigeria why don't they cheat in these Northern States.
I have my theories but will hold fire for now.

It is indeed remarkable the capacity of Eboes for self deception. Do you really believe these Miracle results? Do you think Nigerians believe them. Then you must be even more stupid than I thought

Silly write-up by a confused Scallywag from a juju-infested enclave!

Take this:

manchy7531:
If only environmental factors were responsible for the different IQs of different populations, we should expect to find some countries where Africans had higher IQs than Europeans. The failure to find a single country where this is the case points to the presence of a strong genetic factor.” Richard Lynn.

“Regression would explain why Black children born to high IQ, wealthy Black parents have test scores 2 to 4 points lower than do White children born to low IQ, poor White parents.” Arthur Jensen.

The fact that black immigrants to the United States have shown achievements that are superior to native black Americans has been a phenomenon studied since at least the 1970′s. At first it was just the Caribbean blacks who were a subject of this unexpected outcome. As black Africans kept immigrating into the US, they showed even higher levels of achievement than the native blacks. Many scholars theorized on the reasons for these differences, from Thomas Sowell’s proposal that this disproved the validity of discrimination against native blacks as an explanation for their underachievement (Sowell, 1978), to other scholars who suggested that these immigrants were just the most highly driven members of their home countries as evidenced by their willingness to migrate to a foreign country (Butcher, 1990).

What most of these theories failed to predict was that the children of these immigrants would also show exceptional achievements, especially academically. It is only in recent years, as the immigrants have stayed long enough to produce a sufficiently high number of offspring, that it has been observed that they are over-represented among high academic achievers, especially when compared to native blacks, particularly at very elite institutions. What has been missed in the IQ debate is the full logical implication of these achievements: they have effectively nullified any arguments for a racial evolutionary explanation of the well-known IQ test score gap between blacks and whites. Even more fatal for the racial hereditarian side of the debate has been the corroborating data of school children performance in the UK, particularly when the black Africans are divided into their respective nationalities and tribal ethnicities, as reported in the latter section of this article.

Arthur Jensen gave at least two empirical tests that could potentially falsify his thesis of a race based genetic explanation for the black-white IQ gap. Firstly, if the gap is caused by genetic racial differences, the blacks with more white admixture should tend to show a higher IQ than blacks with less whiteness. Secondly, “regression to the mean” implies that children (or siblings) of extraordinarily high IQ blacks should tend to a lower IQ than the children or siblings of similarly high IQ whites. Social experiments concerning the first test have not been decisive, especially due to the difficulty of separating out environmental factors since lighter American blacks have historically faced more favorable socioeconomic conditions. The second test did indicate some evidence of regression to a lower black mean for African Americans, which only means that the racial genetic hypothesis was not nullified; it remained a valid proposition. Until now.

Using Jensen’s own empirical framework, the racial genetic hypothesis can be tested by comparing black African immigrants with native blacks, intellectually. If the genetic hypothesis is correct, children of elite African blacks will tend to have lower IQs than children of native black Americans, and perhaps even lower than children of low IQ blacks, the same phenomenon observed between American blacks and whites since native blacks are basically “more white” than African (or Caribbean) immigrants.

In the US, it is not only at elite universities where there is a clear over-representation of black immigrant children, it is also at public gifted schools and any kinds of intellectually gifted programs that are highly selective on intelligence. For example, when the New York Times did a story to show the experiences of blacks at Stuyvesant High School in New York, they had to use the personal account of a West Indian black child there (Ann-Marie Miller); if they had many native blacks, that would have certainly been their preferred subject. Furthermore, the only other student who was interviewed for that article, Opraha Miles, a former president of the black student society at Stuyvesant, also just happened to be Jamaican; no black American student was mentioned in the story. A close look at a number of other such institutions shows even more clear evidence of a tendency for black immigrants to be over-represented as selectivity requirements for an academic institution (or complexity of a subject) goes higher.

In the world of intellectually gifted schools, perhaps the most selective in the United States is a special program called the Davidson Academy started by Jan and Bob Davison in 2006 in Reno, Nevada. The tiny school boasts of selecting only the most profoundly gifted children (the highest of the five levels of giftedness) whose IQ is so high that “only one in every ten thousand children in America” can qualify to the school in any one cohort; it is more selective than Stanford or Harvard can ever be. The school makes no efforts or pretensions to affirmative action and as such, they have had very little “diversity.” However, a search through the promotional materials of the school for a black student – all schools and colleges will always show some black faces in their promotional materials if they have any – reveals that they have had at least one black student, and it was, unsurprisingly, a Nigerian Igbo name (the parent is interviewed in the ad posted on Youtube).
manchy7531:
At the tertiary level, a special program to promote African American academic pursuit of Science and Engineering called the Meyerhoff Scholars program was started by philanthropists Robert and Jane Meyerhoff at the University of Maryland, Baltimore County (UMBC). The program has attracted funding from a lot of companies by gaining a reputation for achieving something totally unexpected in American society: black students who take a deeply passionate interest in engineering and science majors and even proceed to advanced studies at elite universities. According to a book co-written by the Meyerhoff program’s leader, UMBC president Freeman Hrabowski III, they believe they have succeeded against all odds by having “strong academic advising and personal counseling, emphasis on group study and peer support, appropriate tutoring and mentoring, [and] involvement with faculty in research and access to role models in science.”

The program has been so successful that educators in other states and universities have been seeking to replicate its success by imitating its key principles and management practices. However, a closer look at the program reveals that their key to success is much simpler than it appears: they simply fill up their program with Caribbean and African blacks! For example, listening to the names of the graduating class of 2008 posted on youtube, this author could identify about half of the blacks in this class who were clearly of African (immigrant) descent. The other half can be expected to have a good number of Caribbean blacks, besides blacks with only an African immigrant mother (and black American father).

Many programs that have tried to emulate the Meyerhoff Program in other universities have failed, particularly in solving the problem of retention rates, according to one report in Science Magazine. One program that has also solved this apparently difficult task of keeping blacks enrolled after they enroll in a STEM course is another minority-focused program called the Biology Scholars Program (BSP) at UC Berkeley. However, it appears their secret to success is not different from Meyerhoff’s secret. Their homepage has a section on their members and it features the profiles of five minority students in their program, two of whom are black. Both blacks just happen to be of African (immigrant) descent!

Contrary to their boasting, neither the Meyerhoff Scholars Program nor the Biology Scholars Program has solved the intractable problem of low retention or low achievement in the real African American community (especially the African American male problem that the Meyerhoff’s program was originally intended for); their students simply come from black immigrant groups that already have those achievement and retention rates whether in their home countries or in the U.S., the U.K and elsewhere. This is not disclosed in Hrabowski’s triumphantly titled book, “Beating the Odds: Raising Academically Successful African American Males” or in its sequel on African American women!

Finally, browsing through some names of the competitive National Achievement scholars, which is the National Merit‘s program aimed at specifically recognizing and awarding academic scholarships to the best black high school graduates, also showed signs of clear over-representation of African immigrants, especially for STEM scholarships. In the 2014 Annual Report on their web site, they do not give all the names of their winners, but they give some special profiles of their most outstanding scholars. Of the three long profiles given in the report, one of the names is from the West Indies, and the other two are from Africa (one Ghanaian and one Nigerian); there is no native black American. The West Indian was awarded a scholarship to study multiple languages (including Arabic) due to her extraordinary talent in this area that has apparently been recognized by the State Department; the Ghanaian was awarded for medicine and the Nigerian for electrical engineering. Among the other smaller profiles given, the black immigrant names are still over-represented, especially for the harder sciences. This should put to rest the usual reasons given for why black immigrants are accepted into Ivy League universities more than native blacks, including the charge that these universities just favor immigrant blacks because “[whites] find them easier to get along with”, or native blacks just don’t apply to these universities, and so on. Apparently, occam’s razor wins again: they may just be smarter on average (for whatever reason).

The predictable response of the hereditarians is to adopt the environmentalist argument of super high immigrant selection to explain this unexpected trend: where some environmentalists propose that these immigrants are the most driven achievers in their countries, the hereditarians say they are the most intellectually elite, the ones from the topmost segment of the IQ bell curve in their countries; the outliers who got some lucky genes in an otherwise poor-gene environment. But like the hyper-driven-personality hypothesis, this argument cannot explain the equally, if not more impressive, achievements of their children: lottery winners never have children who also win the lottery. The stubborn refusal of their children to conspicuously regress to the much lower African genetic mean IQ (and not even to the African American mean IQ) predicted by hereditarians is simply inexplicable under their racial genetic hierarchy.

In a Harvard University paper that later sparked some unfortunate controversy, Richwine (2009) estimated the IQs of the black African immigrants from a supposedly culture-free test of backward digit span as 89. Although many in the hereditarian HBD crowd accepted these numbers on faith (and the Heritage Foundation used his paper to try to influence immigration policy), such estimates can be highly misleading. They lump together black Africans into one homogenous group when there are different kinds of black Africans, including a good number coming in as refugees from highly troubled countries, while other nationalities consist of the most educated ethnicities in America. As I demonstrate below with UK data, the different groups of African immigrants can have very large background differences that reflect in cognitive gaps among them that are even higher than the gap between American blacks and whites (and yes, these are reflected on “culture-free” tests too). In other words, the mean IQ of African immigrants may be as unrepresentative of black Igbo immigrants as it is of white South African immigrants. It’s a meaningless mean.

Without accepting this fact, the IQ approximations of Africans do not make sense in the context of their academic achievements in the US compared to black Americans. For example, when one HBD blogger broke down the IQs of black Americans by state using one of Lynn’s methods for estimating national IQs, he found over 30 states that had black IQ above 89, i.e., higher than the black African immigrant IQ found by Richwine. If these black immigrants really have a representative mean IQ from a normal distribution that is lower than the black mean in 30 whole states, there is no way they would dominate the native black Americans so conspicuously and predictably in all academically elite institutions. The black Caribbean immigrant IQ of 83 (assuming it is represented under “Central America/Carribean”), which is lower than Alabama’s black IQ, is even more implausible in the context of their well-noted achievements. Correcting the different states’ black IQ by subtracting 5 IQ points from each state would still not fix the problem of plausibility: if there is even one state with blacks that are definitely smarter than (or just equal to) the black immigrants, it would be the children of the blacks from that state who would be conspicuously over-represented in those elite programs. There certainly would be no Caribbean names there.

The only plausible way to possibly salvage Richwine’s data is to accept that there are such large variations mediated by highly variable environmental factors (rather than restrictive genetic factors) within the African (or Caribbean) immigrant group that their mean IQ is totally inappropriate to use for estimating social expectations for every black immigrant group within the United States. As the UK data below shows, it is very unlikely that children of immigrants from the Igbo or Yoruba groups of Nigeria or the Ashanti group of Ghana, for example, have an average IQ below the white mean IQ.

https://www.nairaland.com/2613463/igbos-most-brilliant-black-african
Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by omonnakoda: 1:56am On Oct 07, 2015
xtrorse:

I am a confused Scallywag from a juju-infested enclave!

My cancerous mother will bleed to death

Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by Nobody: 2:00am On Oct 07, 2015
omonnakoda, you shall fall victim of your ritual-killing folks in Soka Evil Forest. And your parts, flesh and blood shall be openly traded in the streets of Ibadan.

Your household will not find your carcass to bury and they will be glad to do away with you.

The Ogun you're worshipping and calling is right now at your doorstep. You won't escape the damnation.
Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by omonnakoda: 2:15am On Oct 07, 2015
xtrorse:
My mother shall fall victim of ritual-killing folks in Soka Evil Forest. And her parts, flesh and blood shall be openly traded in the streets of Ibadan.

My household will not find her carcass to bury and they will be glad to do away with her.
She won't escape the damnation.
Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by Nobody: 2:16am On Oct 07, 2015
omonnakoda, you shall fall victim of your ritual-killing folks in Soka Evil Forest. And your parts, flesh and blood shall be openly traded in the streets of Ibadan. This is no joke!

Your household will not find your carcass to bury and they will be glad to do away with you.

The Ogun you're worshipping and calling is right now at your doorstep. You won't escape the damnation.
Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by otr1(m): 2:27am On Oct 07, 2015
xtrorse:

I had thought you had some stuff upstairs since you claimed and chest-beated of scoring 165 in the Unity Schools admission during your days.

In my previous post to you, I muted thus:
"If you're sensible you would rather advocate the elimination of Quota System in our polity..."

Are you that dumb as to understand that the Quota System policy affects virtually every merit-related issues in Nigeria?

Pray tell, what evil structure in the polity have you and your folks persistently clamoured to be dismantled?
To start with, do you even stand for anything?

To save the country from the unavoidable disintegration, the Igbos have always clamoured for the evil structures and the lopsided arrangement in the polity that have caused much injustice and inequity to be dismantled? What can be more than that?

And here you are, in the name of sounding objective as a local champion claiming smartness, chasing shadow and leaving the substance by singling out the Unity Schools.

It's a pity!
At your best, you're foölish. Your reply to my first post confirms that.
And you're expecting a decent response after posting "if you are sensible..."?
Get some manners first.
I'm Yoruba and we've always been at the forefront championing all manners of cause. Talk about the return to true federalism and even the democracy you're enjoying now. You guys are trailing far behind when it comes to that.

However, what's bad in starting the end of the evil Quota System with Unity Schools?
You should be championing the cause of scrapping the Unity Schools , as the first step to eliminating Quota System. You'll be glad you did, if it succeeds.
No Unity Schools, less Äbokis ruling you, or would you rather we started doing away with Quote System from appointments into Federal offices?
If you think eliminating the Quota System is the first step to fairness, you're mistaken.
I see you wailing louder, if Quota System is eliminated in Nigeria with this kind of arrangement. Your people will end up getting nothing.
But you're too dull to realize thatgrin
So Igbos like yourself are trying to save Nigeria-the zoo that must fall- from unavoidable disintegration?
I'll go with the opposite.

1 Like

Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by Nobody: 2:28am On Oct 07, 2015
otr1:

At your best, you're foölish. Your reply to my first post confirms that.
And you're expecting a decent response after posting "if you are sensible..."?
Get some manners first.
I'm Yoruba and we've always been at the forefront championing all manners of cause. Talk about the return to true federalism and even the democracy you're enjoying now. You guys are trailing far behind when it comes to that.

However, what's bad in starting the end of the evil Quota System with Unity Schools?
You should be championing the cause of scrapping the Unity Schools , as the first step to eliminating Quota System. You'll be glad you did, if it succeeds.
No Unity Schools, less Äbokis ruling you, or would you rather we started doing away with Quote System from appointments into Federal offices?
If you think eliminating the Quota System is the first step to fairness, you're mistaken.
I see you wailing louder, if Quota System is eliminated in Nigeria with this kind of arrangement. Your people will end up getting nothing.
But you're too dull to realize thatgrin
So Igbos like yourself are trying to save Nigeria-the zoo that must fall- from unavoidable disintegration?
I'll go with the opposite.

Frustrated Yorrobber clown and specialist in evil concoctions from Odua Islamic Republic of Ritual-killers, you must have been sniffing your own fart thinking you can get high with it to ever stand a chance to withstand or match the Igbos. You're dead wrong!

On the contrary, you and your hypocritical folks shall continue to whine, weep and wail on every available media page with thick mucous dripping down your smelly noses as if your life sustenance is being denied you just at the mere mention of Biaf...!

Warn you disgruntled folks to cease impersonating and camouflaging as SE and SS people on the internet to attempt to quench the call for self-determination. Tell them to quit running amok on almost every Igbo/IPOB thread. It's pathetic already! You can't feign ignorance of the desperation of your silly folks occasioned by the impending doom and gloom in the forthcoming OduaArewanistan republic.

Yorubas term themselves as being respectful yet they called GEJ unprintable names. Yorubas fabricated and concocted evils and sold them as news to the public.

GEJ performed far better than Obasanjo, Yorubas do-or-die proponent whose despotic reign was marred with mass corruption, election rigging, financial recklessness and numerous failed projects.

You and your cohorts ruined this country with your crass looting of the treasury and yet you shamelessly point accusing fingers on the Igbos who have been far from political power.

In the build up to the 2015 general elections certain people made careless and careless utterances thereby heating up the polity.
The likes of FFK, Fayose, Fashola, Tinubu, Lai, El Rufai, Junaid Mohammed, Obj and Sahara Reporters heated the polity with their utterances; none of them is Igbo!

Yorubas have only flourished at the expense of others by virtue of the injustice, inequity and lopsided arrangement in the polity.
And to add insult to injury the calibre of leaders Yorrobers have presented to Nigerians are simply bunch of international drug peddlers, squandermanias and treasury looters - barAwo, MKO AbiOLE, Grand Commander of Frustrated Robbers OLEsegun Obj, thief-nubu, Fashole, ShOLEkan, Bode ROGUE, BankOLE, AkingbOLE, JI-moh Ibhm.

And yet Yorubas who relentlessly ass-lick their masters as if without them Yorrobbers are worthless. And in Nigeria of today Yorrobbers stand for nothing!

And the same greedy people become to restless whenever they hear Biaf.. and would begin their senseless maligning of Igbos for seeking a self-determination.

Bunch of bile-filled, greedy, treacheerous, tribalistic, diabolic, lousy and hypocritical parasites who stand for nothing!

Before you sign off for the night read the message Sanusi Lamido Sanusi, the current Emir of Kano, has for liars and history distortionists like you:
YORUBAS ARE THE PROBLEM WITH NIGERIA - By Sanusi Lamido 
"In sum, the Yoruba political leadership, as mentioned by Balarabe Musa, has shown itself over the years to be incapable of rising above narrow tribal interests and reciprocating goodwill from other sections of the country by treating other groups with respect. Practically every crisis in Nigeria since independence has its roots in this attitude. 
   * The Yoruba elite and area-boy politics;
    * Igbo marginalisation and the responsible limits of retribution; and
    * The Yoruba Factor and "Area-boy" Politics.
My views on the Yoruba political leadership have been thoroughly articulated in some of my writings, prime among which was " Afenifere: Syllabus of Errors" published by This Day (The Sunday Newspaper) on Sept 27, 1998. There was also an earlier publication in the weekly Trust entitled " The Igbo, the Yoruba and History" (Aug. 21, 1998)...
Being Excerpts from A Paper Presented At The “National Conference On The 1999 Constitution” Jointly Organised By The Network For Justice And The Vision Trust Foundation, At The Arewa House, Kaduna From 11th –12th September, 1999.
http://www.nigerianbulletin.com/threads/yorubas-are-the-problem-with-nigeria-by-sanusi-lamido-sanusi-elombah-com.111348/
Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by omonnakoda: 2:29am On Oct 07, 2015
xtrorse:
My mother shall fall victim of ritual-killing folks in Soka Evil Forest. And her parts, flesh and blood shall be openly traded in the streets of Ibadan..

My household will not find her carcass to bury and they will be glad to do away with her.
Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by Nobody: 3:05am On Oct 07, 2015
omonnakoda, you shall fall victim of your ritual-killing folks in Soka Evil Forest. And your parts, flesh and blood shall be openly traded in the streets of Ibadan. This is no joke!

Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by omonnakoda: 9:20am On Oct 07, 2015
xtrorse:
My mother shall fall victim of ritual-killing folks in Soka Evil Forest. And her parts, flesh and blood shall be openly traded in the streets of Ibadan.

Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by otr1(m): 9:41am On Oct 07, 2015
xtrorse:

Frustrated Yorrobber clown and specialist in evil concoctions from Odua Islamic Republic of Ritual-killers, you must have been sniffing your own fart thinking you can get high with it to ever stand a chance to withstand or match the Igbos. You're dead wrong!

On the contrary, you and your hypocritical folks shall continue to whine, weep and wail on every available media page with thick mucous dripping down your smelly noses as if your life sustenance is being denied you just at the mere mention of Biaf...!

Warn you disgruntled folks to cease impersonating and camouflaging as SE and SS people on the internet to attempt to quench the call for self-determination. Tell them to quit running amok on almost every Igbo/IPOB thread. It's pathetic already! You can't feign ignorance of the desperation of your silly folks occasioned by the impending doom and gloom in the forthcoming OduaArewanistan republic.

Yorubas term themselves as being respectful yet they called GEJ unprintable names. Yorubas fabricated and concocted evils and sold them as news to the public.

GEJ performed far better than Obasanjo, Yorubas do-or-die proponent whose despotic reign was marred with mass corruption, election rigging, financial recklessness and numerous failed projects.

You and your cohorts ruined this country with your crass looting of the treasury and yet you shamelessly point accusing fingers on the Igbos who have been far from political power.

In the build up to the 2015 general elections certain people made careless and careless utterances thereby heating up the polity.
The likes of FFK, Fayose, Fashola, Tinubu, Lai, El Rufai, Junaid Mohammed, Obj and Sahara Reporters heated the polity with their utterances; none of them is Igbo!

Yorubas have only flourished at the expense of others by virtue of the injustice, inequity and lopsided arrangement in the polity.
And to add insult to injury the calibre of leaders Yorrobers have presented to Nigerians are simply bunch of international drug peddlers, squandermanias and treasury looters - barAwo, MKO AbiOLE, Grand Commander of Frustrated Robbers OLEsegun Obj, thief-nubu, Fashole, ShOLEkan, Bode ROGUE, BankOLE, AkingbOLE, JI-moh Ibhm.

And yet Yorubas who relentlessly ass-lick their masters as if without them Yorrobbers are worthless. And in Nigeria of today Yorrobbers stand for nothing!

And the same greedy people become to restless whenever they hear Biaf.. and would begin their senseless maligning of Igbos for seeking a self-determination.

Bunch of bile-filled, greedy, treacheerous, tribalistic, diabolic, lousy and hypocritical parasites who stand for nothing!

Before you sign off for the night read the message Sanusi Lamido Sanusi, the current Emir of Kano, has for liars and history distortionists like you:
YORUBAS ARE THE PROBLEM WITH NIGERIA - By Sanusi Lamido 
"In sum, the Yoruba political leadership, as mentioned by Balarabe Musa, has shown itself over the years to be incapable of rising above narrow tribal interests and reciprocating goodwill from other sections of the country by treating other groups with respect. Practically every crisis in Nigeria since independence has its roots in this attitude. 
   * The Yoruba elite and area-boy politics;
    * Igbo marginalisation and the responsible limits of retribution; and
    * The Yoruba Factor and "Area-boy" Politics.
My views on the Yoruba political leadership have been thoroughly articulated in some of my writings, prime among which was " Afenifere: Syllabus of Errors" published by This Day (The Sunday Newspaper) on Sept 27, 1998. There was also an earlier publication in the weekly Trust entitled " The Igbo, the Yoruba and History" (Aug. 21, 1998)...
Being Excerpts from A Paper Presented At The “National Conference On The 1999 Constitution” Jointly Organised By The Network For Justice And The Vision Trust Foundation, At The Arewa House, Kaduna From 11th –12th September, 1999.
http://www.nigerianbulletin.com/threads/yorubas-are-the-problem-with-nigeria-by-sanusi-lamido-sanusi-elombah-com.111348/
Much word, less sense...
Last time I checked, the Yorubas are not the ones wailing about everything in Nigeria.
We know the usual cry-babies, and it's not us.
I really wish the Quota System is abolished right now, so we can watch you occupy all the space. You'll be sorry.

It's common knowledge that Jonathan performed better that Obasanjo...in looting, ofcourse! This is evident in Angel Allison MADueke's giant stride in stealing only £13 billion within 5years. Let anyone beat that record first.

I know you're a Biafraist and it's time to make up your mind. You can not continue to drag space with "animals" in classrooms, and offices inside the "zoo"
You deserve a to be in paradise, just like what's obtained in the SE right now.
Just go to Biafra already.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Another Injustice Against Igbos As Common Entrance Cut Off Mark Is Released by Nobody: 9:58am On Oct 07, 2015
otr1:

Much word, less sense...
Last time I checked, the Yorubas are not the ones wailing about everything in Nigeria.
We know the usual cry-babies, and it's not us.
I really wish the Quota System is abolished right now, so we can watch you occupy all the space. You'll be sorry.

It's common knowledge that Jonathan performed better that Obasanjo...in looting, ofcourse! This is evident in Angel Allison MADueke's giant stride in stealing only £13 billion within 5years. Let anyone beat that record first.

I know you're a Biafraist and it's time to make up your mind. You can not continue to drag space with "animals" in classrooms, and offices inside the "zoo"
You deserve a to be in paradise, just like what's obtained in the SE right now.
Just go to Biafra already.

I know you're a hypocritical bigot from Odua Islamic Republic of Ritual-killers who have made careers out of lies, falsehood, noise-making, propaganda, abuse and slurs.

You and your folks have become increasingly irritated, agitated and rattled at the mere mention of Biaf... As verm1ns and vagabonds you and your frustrated folks have taken to the internet camouflaging as South-South people and South-East people, feigning undying fake love like never before to attempt to quench the call for self-determination.
Though Yorubas stand for nothing but tell your cowardly folks to quit running amok on almost every Igbo thread. It's pathetic already!

Yorubas shamelessly ass-lick their Northern masters and use lies, falsehood and propaganda to drag some other tribes along to cover up their cowardly mien to be able to stand the Igbos.

Yorubas have really shown that they are not intellectually equipped to make a country except Nigeria.

In GEJ's administration, Yorubas were crying of marginalisation despite the fact that many of them were duly appointed by Jonathan. Yorubas mischievously sold out their slot for Speaker to the North-West which already had VP only to turn around to accuse GEJ. What a greedy, treacheerous, tribalistic, diabolic, lousy and hypocritical parasites!

To these unrepentant hypocrites it is a crime for Igbos to complain of obvious marginalisation and exclusion from the 40 important political appointments made by PMB.

Before the 1967-70 civil war, an average Yoruba man did not measure up to the ever industrious Igboman. Even in the South-West Igbos were in the lead. Igbos were the first Black Vice Chancellor of the University of Ibadan, the first VC of the University of Lagos and the first Nigerian Rector of the then Yaba College of Technology in the South-West; the police was run by an Igbo IG; the military as a professional institution was run by brilliant Igbos; the first president of Nigeria and the first military ruler of Nigeria.

Nigeria economy assumed a downward trend when the gang acquired all Nigerian companies by virtue of indigenization decree of 1972. But they could not manage the companies instead they ruined, defrauded, liquidated, bankrupted and destroyed all the companies - that was the mother of destruction of Nigerian economy! The swindlers indeed bastardized the Nigerian economy. 
And to divert attention from their ineptitude and crass looting of the treasury they would use illogical reasoning to attempt to bamboozle other people while pointing accusing fingers elsewhere!

After more than 40 years, despite the stolen wealth, the respective regions of the criminal gang cannot be said to be transformed and be one of the enviest in the world. None of their cities could be likened to, say the least, Johannesburg!

With all the disadvantages Igbos faced and still face they rose from grass to grace and you are not even ashamed to compare them with treasury looters. 

It's not how far but how well!

See the links to the news where the notorious hypocritical Yoruba tribe whined, wailed and wept accusing Jonathan of marginalization.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/talks-about-yoruba-marginalisation/140695/

http://thenationonlineng.net/yoruba-marginalisation-myth-or-reality/

http://thenationonlineng.net/yoruba-marginalisation-to-what-effect-1/

http://www.thenicheng.com/blame-tinubu-for-yoruba-marginalisation-okurounmu/

http://trumpetmediagroup.com/trumpet-nigeria/news/the-marginalisation-of-yorubas-is-deliberate/

http://www.nigeriavillagesquare.com/tunde-fagbenle/ugly-signs-of-yoruba-marginalisation.html

http://thestreetjournal.org/2014/11/yoruba-marginalisation-jonathans-visit-a-belated-afterthought-says-afenifere/

http://saharareporters.com/2015/03/20/yoruba-ibadan-summit-say-only-bastard-will-vote-goodluck-jonathan

http://newtelegraphonline.com/govs-osinbajo-akinrinade-bemoan-marginalisation-of-yoruba/

Obasanjo had 11 years to “do the needful” but failed Nigeria – Ameh Ebute October 21, 2014 at 10:30 am in News
By Henry Umoru
ABUJA- FORMER Senate President, Senator Ameh Ebute yesterday took a swipe at former President Olusegun Obasanjo, saying he failed to use his three years as a Military Head of State and eight years as an elected president to do the needful in solving the nation’s problems, just as he said if the former president had done his best in addressing some of these sectoral problems, Nigeria would have been better for it.

According to Senator Ebute, former President Obasanjo could not fix critical roads like the Benin-Ore road; Lagos-Ibadan Expressway; Kano-Maiduguri road; the East West Road, just as he said that even his Otta-Abeokuta dual carriage were recklessly abandoned and could not be fixed in all his eight years as President, despite having more oil money from the Petroleum Ministry over which he personally superintended as President and oil Minister. Why should a President double as the Petroleum Minister of a country?

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/10/obasanjo-11-years-needful-failed-nigeria-ameh-ebute/

https://www.nairaland.com/792619/thief-obasanjo-he-wrecked-nigeria/4

GenBuhari:
Obasanjo's devalued the Naira by 500%

and presided as Nigeria became the most corrupt country in the world (Nigeria had been 27th most corrupt the previous year when he came to power)

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-693700.32.html

He led during a period of record high oil prices

[img]http://4.bp..com/-yaxbjDFQd6A/T1NgDK9gnRI/AAAAAAAAAj0/6xu4NnRJqdc/s640/obasanjo+blames.jpg[/img]
GenBuhari:
and raised fuel prices by approx 400-500%

Deceitfully called hike of fuel prices subsidy removal - instead of calling it what it really is a stealth tax.
By calling it subsidy removal, he avoided giving account of how the extra revenue collected was to be spent.

Abacha raised fuel prices (never called it a subsidy removal) and accounted for the extra revenue collected by using the money to run the Petroleum Trust Fund for infrastructural development.

No wonder that one of the first actions of Obasanjo was to abolish the PTF and give himself control of oil revenue.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Supreme Court Rules On Bayelsa Governorship Election / Kogi West : Appeal Court Reserves Judgment In Dino Melaye’s Appeal / Waiting For Dangote Refinery Before Removing Subsidy — Reps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 159
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.