Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,026 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:20 AM

I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) (40858 Views)

Lady Quits Job Because Her Boss Calls Her "Sweetie" / I Lost My Job Because Of This, So Painful / How I Almost Lost My Job Because Of Orijin Drink. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) by Acidosis(m): 5:43pm On Oct 05, 2015
Your boss is kind.

If I were your boss, I'd hire the services of bouncers to mercilessly deal with you before sending you home.

You conducted a very s!lly, unethical and bias survey, and you think you can force your useless findings down the throat of your boss?

Do you know what it means to conduct a survey? What methodology and sampling did you use? what was your population size and who were your targets? co-zombies or sensible Nigerians? What approach did you use in collecting your data?

How can you run such a survey covering the whole country at N500,000? No responsible policy maker will listen to such finding.

You're not a Researcher, Sir but an illiterate. If you're conversant with over 1million articles & political science theses out there, you'd realize Researchers do not generalize results. Even PhD Students won't make such reckless argument.

Kindly go back to school to learn the rudiments of survey, research and statistics.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) by godoluwa(m): 5:43pm On Oct 05, 2015
OVI75:
If am correct u ar pro Apc.(islamic party by many standard.

While am pro Pdp,u shud hav learnt to seprate politics from work,i get u think u were been patriotic but believe you me u jst been partisan.

Well that man is nly one of many victims of these scam government called Apc,ifu stil believe the moral uprightnes of this marauding criminals called politicians(Yr beloved president nt excluded)then i bleieve u r under a spell.
God bless you bro. honestly op is sick

4 Likes

Re: I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) by repogirl(f): 5:43pm On Oct 05, 2015
Funny but not funny.....now you will know when to talk and when not to.

That's the reality of real life.

I can come on to Nairaland and vent and talk as I like but in the real world, when so called 'men' are talking and think they are making sense, I shut up even though in my mind am like, 'what the hell does this id'iot think he is saying?'

So know when to express your views, maybe amongst your peers but respect those ones higher than you are.

BTW Buhari is no messiah....he hasn't done any messianic thing I can see so far.

6 Likes

Re: I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) by Adex097: 5:44pm On Oct 05, 2015
@_0p , learn to be diplomatic in your disposition ... wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

1 Like

Re: I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) by Pascal181: 5:44pm On Oct 05, 2015
Sai baba
Re: I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) by Nobody: 5:44pm On Oct 05, 2015
dultmax:
You are fired.......This is what my boss told me this morning because of my love for Buhari.

After completing my service year in 2013,holding a Bsc in Economics, I knew I had to hussle real hard because now I know am on my own. My father has done something by funding my education and I have to stop asking him for money but the situation of the country puts me in a status I can call ADULT CHILD.

I will wake up and ask my old man for pocket money which sometimes he will give and sometimes he will not. I have many things to do with money that are needs. I have to look good, eat, shave, and wash but sometimes i can be so broke that there will be no kobo to even buy 20 naira Ariel to wash my boxers. Life seems to be so difficult and I say to myself, I have to find a solution.

I picked my laptop and i went to NCC, (Nigerian Communication Centre) located in Agbowo area in Ibadan, a place where i can get a free wireless to access the internet and I logged on to the the Job and Vacancies Section on Nairaland where I applied for some vacancies posted online. Before the end that week, I started seeing text messages of Interview Invite on my Phone and I was happy thinking I can Never fail an Interview.

My first Interview was at JUMIA and its worth an experience. It was an interview based on 5 stages, which includes writing skill, typing skill, oral, phone conversation and finally an interview with the boss. To cut the story short, I am never get pass the oral stage. Maybe because my dialect is the YORUBA ENGLISH type.

I attended another interview with Stanbic Bank and i was given the DSA (Direct Sales Agent) position. I was referred to Workforce to do some documentation before i read some posts about the externalities of marketing and what i found was mind bugling. I refused to continue with the process since I don't think I can meet up with the Target.

Finally, I met one Business man, The CEO of Hasraph Global Services who after giving me some interview, decided to give me the position of Personal Assistant. He said there will be no salary but i should be sure of a token everyday i come to work and weekend bonus.

I accepted since there will be some token and I have no other option. I took up the Job and things were better. At least, i can boast of 1000 naira anytime and that can take care of some needs. I know the situation will be temporary.

Just one day, i received a call from a colleague who asked if i can conduct a Survey for him. Without hesitation, I accepted and he gave me the topic to work on but the survey has the whole country as its scope. This seems to be very challenging because I have no experience of such wide scope and i have to read and work on the best analytical tool to use for. I employed for other colleague and we covered 5 geo-political zones of the country excluding the North East due to insecurity (Boko Haram)

I recieved 500k for the Job and i completed the Survey in 2 months. My results were to be presented to AJOLAYE INTEGRATED SERVICES who funded the project in a conference room situated in a Hotel in Oyo. This is my first experience meeting with doctors and professors defending my survey results and explaining my method of analysis.

I received a pass mark and commendations and i felt very happy. I never told anyone it was my first experience and now i know the reasons why we need to study chi square, binomial theorem and all those econometrics while in the University.

I resumed back as the P.A and anytime my boss talks about the present Administration, he criticizes him and I told him...Sir if you know what the previous administration has cost this country, you will know buhari is a messiah. I told him from my survey, I got lot of experience and I learnt a lot about statistics and data. The previous Administration has ruined this country. he got angry and told me that his turnover has declined and as such, this administration is very poor. I interrupted again telling him it was due to dwindling oil prices and its not the fault of the President. He got angry and said YOU ARE FIRED....I left for my house....asking myself....am i wrong to support the President?

Your opinion is needed.....
I AM STILL READING YOUR NOVEL, BUT DON'T WORRY! I WILL COMMENT ON YOUR STUPIDITY WHEN I FINISH READING IT angry

3 Likes

Re: I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) by montezz(f): 5:44pm On Oct 05, 2015
kaycid77:
Rules of Employment Number 1: The Boss is always correct.

If you dont know this then you are a learner.
If you have a family then you are a useless Buhari apologist.
If you think buhari will notice you and give you an employment, I am sorry for you, ask all his trekkers
U nailed it!

1 Like

Re: I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) by 4stylz: 5:47pm On Oct 05, 2015
You lost your sense and as well lost your job.

Idiot

1 Like

Re: I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) by Acidosis(m): 5:47pm On Oct 05, 2015
Let me add this. OP is a Chronic liar.

No Professor would sit to listen to such finding. How can you compare two administration using Questionnaires?

What happens to economic indices? How can you compare GEJ 5-6 year tenure with Bubu who has only spent 3 months?

I hereby call on Seun, and other moderators to ban this reckless, deceitful & arrogant liar.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) by godoluwa(m): 5:48pm On Oct 05, 2015
repogirl:
Funny but not funny.....now you will know when to talk and when not to.

That's the reality of real life.

I can come on to Nairaland and vent and talk as I like but in the real world, when so called 'men' are talking and think they are making sense, I shut up even though in my mind am like, 'what the hell does this id'iot think he is saying?'

So know when to express your views, maybe amongst your peers but respect those ones higher than you are.

BTW Buhari is no messiah....he hasn't done any messianic thing I can see so far.
God bless you
Re: I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) by prideofscience: 5:49pm On Oct 05, 2015
posting ur comment here will not help you. This is because majority of jobless people hre are from south east and south...... The real people that can advice u are still on their way home from work

2 Likes

Re: I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) by buskie13(m): 5:50pm On Oct 05, 2015
LeOstrich:
The OP is trying to make all the now jobless APC zombies who lost their jobs after may 29 know that they are not alone in this struggle to remain a Buharist in the light of discrimination.

I laff!

Being an APC zombie is now like being gay in Nigeria.

See how im begin narrate when him finish service to job interviews before getting his last job.

[size=18pt]Too many irrelevant details is a good indicator that you are reading bullsh1t![/size]
ur signature bam finish
Re: I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) by fejikudz(m): 5:52pm On Oct 05, 2015
dultmax:
You are fired.......This is what my boss told me this morning because of my love for Buhari.

After completing my service year in 2013,holding a Bsc in Economics, I knew I had to hussle real hard because now I know am on my own. My father has done something by funding my education and I have to stop asking him for money but the situation of the country puts me in a status I can call ADULT CHILD.

I will wake up and ask my old man for pocket money which sometimes he will give and sometimes he will not. I have many things to do with money that are needs. I have to look good, eat, shave, and wash but sometimes i can be so broke that there will be no kobo to even buy 20 naira Ariel to wash my boxers. Life seems to be so difficult and I say to myself, I have to find a solution.

I picked my laptop and i went to NCC, (Nigerian Communication Centre) located in Agbowo area in Ibadan, a place where i can get a free wireless to access the internet and I logged on to the the Job and Vacancies Section on Nairaland where I applied for some vacancies posted online. Before the end that week, I started seeing text messages of Interview Invite on my Phone and I was happy thinking I can Never fail an Interview.

My first Interview was at JUMIA and its worth an experience. It was an interview based on 5 stages, which includes writing skill, typing skill, oral, phone conversation and finally an interview with the boss. To cut the story short, I am never get pass the oral stage. Maybe because my dialect is the YORUBA ENGLISH type.

I attended another interview with Stanbic Bank and i was given the DSA (Direct Sales Agent) position. I was referred to Workforce to do some documentation before i read some posts about the externalities of marketing and what i found was mind bugling. I refused to continue with the process since I don't think I can meet up with the Target.

Finally, I met one Business man, The CEO of Hasraph Global Services who after giving me some interview, decided to give me the position of Personal Assistant. He said there will be no salary but i should be sure of a token everyday i come to work and weekend bonus.

I accepted since there will be some token and I have no other option. I took up the Job and things were better. At least, i can boast of 1000 naira anytime and that can take care of some needs. I know the situation will be temporary.

Just one day, i received a call from a colleague who asked if i can conduct a Survey for him. Without hesitation, I accepted and he gave me the topic to work on but the survey has the whole country as its scope. This seems to be very challenging because I have no experience of such wide scope and i have to read and work on the best analytical tool to use for. I employed for other colleague and we covered 5 geo-political zones of the country excluding the North East due to insecurity (Boko Haram)

I recieved 500k for the Job and i completed the Survey in 2 months. My results were to be presented to AJOLAYE INTEGRATED SERVICES who funded the project in a conference room situated in a Hotel in Oyo. This is my first experience meeting with doctors and professors defending my survey results and explaining my method of analysis.

I received a pass mark and commendations and i felt very happy. I never told anyone it was my first experience and now i know the reasons why we need to study chi square, binomial theorem and all those econometrics while in the University.

I resumed back as the P.A and anytime my boss talks about the present Administration, he criticizes him and I told him...Sir if you know what the previous administration has cost this country, you will know buhari is a messiah. I told him from my survey, I got lot of experience and I learnt a lot about statistics and data. The previous Administration has ruined this country. he got angry and told me that his turnover has declined and as such, this administration is very poor. I interrupted again telling him it was due to dwindling oil prices and its not the fault of the President. He got angry and said YOU ARE FIRED....I left for my house....asking myself....am i wrong to support the President?

Don't worry buhari body odour will give you a new job.. grin grin

1 Like

Re: I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) by Jman06(m): 5:53pm On Oct 05, 2015
you are an !mbecile for supporting a failure called boohar1.

infact if i were your boss i will not only sack you but give you a dirty slap.

Buhari is a failure!

*i spit on b00hari*

5 Likes

Re: I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) by godoluwa(m): 5:54pm On Oct 05, 2015
prideofscience:
posting ur comment here will not help you. This is because majority of jobless people hre are from south east and south...... The real people that can advice u are still on their way home from work
silly tribalist! people lyk u r one of d major problem of 9ja. ojulowo omo ibadan koda lati idile Olubadan ni emi ti wa, emi kii fi eko ta'na fun 'yan. je ki a pawopo ba ole wi ki a ye so wipe ibi ti olohun fi nkan re si ko dara. iwo omugo patapata ni op yii hu.

1 Like

Re: I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) by sparkleboy(m): 5:54pm On Oct 05, 2015
Hahahahahahahhaahhah see how I dey laff you!
If you believe this OP story then in fela's voice, you are gullible tongue :PbTW if this is true sef, you are foolish for arguing with your boss who is loosing money and telling him Buhari is a messiah! Messiah my foot. What balderdash
Cc
Firefire temitemi1 Severusnape come and see someone calling our President a messiah grin cheesy grin grin grin cheesy
Re: I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) by Nobody: 5:55pm On Oct 05, 2015
tunde1200:
If Buhari succeded in all his plans surely me and you no need to bother about having job or not at all.
Which I know he will!.

Op I don't think he meant to fired you is joking!.

Is that how they fire just because of arguments abi some other things transpared between 2 of you?.

If he try that just get a good SAN.
You don hammer be that oo.

Hire a SAN?

Chai, you're a kid I'm sure.

OP doesn't even have a letter of appointment, OP was just his 'boy' at the office.

You don't know nothing angry

4 Likes

Re: I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) by dessy249(m): 5:55pm On Oct 05, 2015
Bros all u need is to pray hard,the best is on d way
dultmax:

Re: I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) by ZYZZA: 5:56pm On Oct 05, 2015
kaycid77:
Rules of Employment Number 1: The Boss is always correct.

If you dont know this then you are a learner.
If you have a family then you are a useless Buhari apologist.
If you think buhari will notice you and give you an employment, I am sorry for you, ask all his trekkers
leave the mumu

2 Likes

Re: I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) by emmanuel596(m): 5:56pm On Oct 05, 2015
I
godoluwa:
am nt as jobless as you are

At least my parents no longer feed me
Re: I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) by godoluwa(m): 5:58pm On Oct 05, 2015
emmanuel596:
I
At least my parents no longer feed me
i drive a car bought with my sweat
Re: I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) by emmanuel596(m): 6:02pm On Oct 05, 2015
godoluwa:
i drive a car bought with my sweat

Nobody asked u
Nobody cares
I don't need to tell u wat am worth i am more mature than u ar I was only trynna sympathise with u... now i know u didn't just argue with ur boss u are also stupidd and u dont think before u talk that's y he got rid of u

U bought a car from dat 500k u mentioned earlier nd u still have balls to brag about a car dat Cost less than half a million

U will not die of stupidity in JESUS NAME

1 Like

Re: I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) by Sike(m): 6:02pm On Oct 05, 2015
The OP is a loser

1 Like

Re: I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) by Fxwarrior: 6:07pm On Oct 05, 2015
Op your stupidity no be here. Your boss told you his fortunes were dwindling instead of being diplomatic. You still fired on all cylinders .

What do you want us to do ? Clap for you, pity you or wail alongside? Oya answer.

1 Like

Re: I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) by eddieo(m): 6:07pm On Oct 05, 2015
I recommend you study Robert Green's 48 laws of power..never outshine the master. Use ignorance as a strength where it is required In the presence of your boss..always make him feel he is always right..
dultmax:

1 Like

Re: I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) by smd837(m): 6:10pm On Oct 05, 2015
A song: as u dne lost ur job God win!

2 Likes

Re: I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) by tolustx(m): 6:14pm On Oct 05, 2015
SkyBlue1:

In Nigeria. Add that at the end, 'the boss is always correct, in Nigeria'. In other parts of the world and in good private sector companies you are hired for your brain, not to be a "yes man". In Nigeria where workers have no rights it is different.
which other countries have you worked to come to dis conclusion?
You seem to be an arrogant brat and that's what got you fired. You should have learnt now that ur political/religious sentiments should remain personal to you and not try to enforce your beliefs on pple.

The man pys you from his sweat and he's telling you that money is not flowing in. With tht, you should have been sensitive enough to hide ur sentiments the man is agonizing already and you come to add salt to his injury. So, he responded to d pain and fired you.

Try not to insult me cos u brought d issue to dis forum on ur own volition, wanting to know what pple feel abt it and that's what I feel. So no offense to you.

BTW, it is too early to say whether you regret your action or not. Wait some more weeks nd come tell us ur experience by then. I pray that you come bck with a testimony tho.
Re: I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) by godoluwa(m): 6:16pm On Oct 05, 2015
emmanuel596:

Nobody asked u
Nobody cares
I don't need to tell u wat am worth i am more mature than u ar I was only trynna sympathise with u... now i know u didn't just argue with ur boss u are also stupidd and u dont think before u talk that's y he got rid of u

U bought a car from dat 500k u mentioned earlier nd u still have balls to brag about a car dat Cost less than half a million

U will not die of stupidity in JESUS NAME
wahala dey o, lol. anyway, am not the op & during my days of working under a boss I never argued with my boss even when am right. am nt one of d Buhari's zombies

1 Like

Re: I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) by IceDude(m): 6:18pm On Oct 05, 2015
This guy don fvck up o!........I remember dat year when me and my boss dey argue abt football, if i notice say the guy wan provoke i go quickly start to praise Liverpool make belle for sweet am grin

1 Like

Re: I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) by emmanuel596(m): 6:19pm On Oct 05, 2015
godoluwa:
wahala dey o, lol. anyway, am not the op & during my days of working under a boss I never argued with my boss even when am right. am nt one of d Buhari's zombies

Next time be careful how u quote people one day u will quote ur father

Sorry did I said ur father! Sorry I forgot he is a konk illiterate am not sure he can us nl

Get lost
Re: I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) by epini(m): 6:19pm On Oct 05, 2015
Buhari = badluck
Re: I Lost My Job Because Of My Love For Buhari...( No Regrets) by adconline(m): 6:20pm On Oct 05, 2015
Maybe you lost your job because of your bad English and poor writing skills. So you got rejected by JUMIA? Doesn't it tell u that you are not that good?? Rejected a job offer from Stanbic because of their requirements and then accepted a job offer from a private company with no strings attached. You really want things easy in life without adding commensurate value! You have paid the price for picking immediate gratification over long-term goals. Telling your boss that it's OK to be losing money because of some govt policies when in fact you are getting paid is sheer callousness and youthful exuberance.. Time to go and hustle and be ur own boss!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Osun Lecturer Faints In Bank After Finding N150 As February Salary In Account / Trixy The Photographer Who Took Pictures Of The Dancing Traffic Police Officer / I Finished My Salary Before 24hrs (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.