Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,896 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:00 AM

SOLUTION : Low Storage Memory Of Your Gadgets - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / SOLUTION : Low Storage Memory Of Your Gadgets (23005 Views)

Don't Delete Your Important Files Because Of Low Storage Space, Try This.. / Selfie Lovers Beware: Eight Ways Your Gadgets May Be Harming You / How To Fix Low Storage Problem On All Android Device (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SOLUTION : Low Storage Memory Of Your Gadgets by falan: 6:29pm On Oct 07, 2015
everybody become CHRISTIAN.
Re: SOLUTION : Low Storage Memory Of Your Gadgets by RitzyPrince(m): 6:30pm On Oct 07, 2015
people still use ANDROID PHONES, especially the likes of TECNO's, INFINIX etc?
Re: SOLUTION : Low Storage Memory Of Your Gadgets by idugbe(m): 6:31pm On Oct 07, 2015
@OP: How do I root my phone memory? I will like to do it myself.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: SOLUTION : Low Storage Memory Of Your Gadgets by ibolomo(m): 6:31pm On Oct 07, 2015
Vanquay:
That feature only works on BB...get your facts straight Nigga undecided
it doesn't matter dude. I proved my point. There is no need flaunting your 'Iphone'. Besides what are you doing on this thread. . . As far as I am concerned, it is pure unadulterated WASTAGE to buy an iphone 6 in this current nigeria when you are apparently no where near dangote yet. Such money could be used in investing on something or even giving to the poor.
Re: SOLUTION : Low Storage Memory Of Your Gadgets by Setaje(f): 6:31pm On Oct 07, 2015
Having the same problem wiv z10. angry
Re: SOLUTION : Low Storage Memory Of Your Gadgets by ellee(m): 6:35pm On Oct 07, 2015
just change D fone... process too much cheesy
Re: SOLUTION : Low Storage Memory Of Your Gadgets by timmilehin(m): 6:36pm On Oct 07, 2015
I am having this problem also. but you're not giving us a good solution. i keep deleting old apps to free space. how can i transfer the appa on internal memory to sd card or phone memory?
Re: SOLUTION : Low Storage Memory Of Your Gadgets by CallmeKola(m): 6:48pm On Oct 07, 2015
Link2sd is the best solution. Although, it needs root authorisation.
Re: SOLUTION : Low Storage Memory Of Your Gadgets by AbuEzeFemi(m): 7:16pm On Oct 07, 2015
khristology:
Thanks
Great post
Re: SOLUTION : Low Storage Memory Of Your Gadgets by Nobody: 7:21pm On Oct 07, 2015
Show me where I typed Nigeria in my profile...Stupid ass Nigga undecided
ibolomo:
it doesn't matter dude. I proved my point. There is no need flaunting your 'Iphone'. Besides what are you doing on this thread. . . As far as I am concerned, it is pure unadulterated WASTAGE to buy an iphone 6 in this current nigeria when you are apparently no where near dangote yet. Such money could be used in investing on something or even giving to the poor.
Re: SOLUTION : Low Storage Memory Of Your Gadgets by dejavume: 7:35pm On Oct 07, 2015
Andriod ll remain andriod,if u dont want to consume ur memory,den dont install any apps.i installed an offline Quran of 20mb,i moved it to SD card of 32G,unfortunately i have to download all d chapters in order to play it offline,i download few chapter of about 1G,to my greatest surprise ,my 3G RAM remains 1.4G.
Thats why i stil love using windows n iphone,they dont give low RAM issue

1 Like

Re: SOLUTION : Low Storage Memory Of Your Gadgets by michaelou(m): 7:36pm On Oct 07, 2015
nice write-up op. but the RAM is not directly and necessarily related to the storage, it's the ROM that does that. (the part where you mention 2gb and 1gb, flashy phone...).

1 Like

Re: SOLUTION : Low Storage Memory Of Your Gadgets by Nobody: 7:56pm On Oct 07, 2015
This guy did not give us any solution just re-stating everything we already know.

This low storage space thing is the main reason I left android devices and I don't regret using windows now, that thing can be so irritating.
Re: SOLUTION : Low Storage Memory Of Your Gadgets by ibolomo(m): 7:57pm On Oct 07, 2015
Vanquay:
Show me where I typed Nigeria in my profile...Stupid ass Nigga undecided
Well that's the thing. You a hypocrite. And who ever said you lived in Nigeria? I still maintain that you give me your address or number in the 'USA'. Anyway, you might actually be living in the USA: United states of Aba.
Re: SOLUTION : Low Storage Memory Of Your Gadgets by Olammy76(m): 8:17pm On Oct 07, 2015
donholy28:
Buy infinix hot pro and extra 32GB memory card...thank me later
bro am about to buy that phone...wots special about d phone apart from that...and dat camera 8.0 while 2.0 secondary cameral..isnt dat too low
Re: SOLUTION : Low Storage Memory Of Your Gadgets by erisegun: 8:57pm On Oct 07, 2015
Erm..op! Hw I fit take do am 4 my 3310 fone

1 Like

Re: SOLUTION : Low Storage Memory Of Your Gadgets by Penboy: 8:58pm On Oct 07, 2015
NyscBobo:
Nice one Op .. BRYTE Tablets rocks! Their 2gb ram is complete and its very cool to use just that the parts is kinda expensive.
men, my screen just broke oh.
Re: SOLUTION : Low Storage Memory Of Your Gadgets by Walexsammy(m): 10:03pm On Oct 07, 2015
erisegun:
Erm..op! Hw I fit take do am 4 my 3310 fone
jst put inside water, then plug am...u'll be suprise grin

1 Like

Re: SOLUTION : Low Storage Memory Of Your Gadgets by aiikay(m): 10:09pm On Oct 07, 2015
I'm currently experiencing this problem; and all these solutions proffered seem not to be working again. Have employed them in resolving the issue for some persons in the past, but don't know why they are seeming as expired solutions to me for some time now!
Can't update any App in my phone now!
Re: SOLUTION : Low Storage Memory Of Your Gadgets by OmoMorolake: 11:08pm On Oct 07, 2015
Thanks broda man....this post is da only thing dat makes sense in this forum today...keep it up bro.....we all can learn 1 or 2 things...not Amaechi/Fashola Ministerial bullshit.....Let God judge em. What we don't have control over, we resign to fate
Re: SOLUTION : Low Storage Memory Of Your Gadgets by miracle4(m): 1:12pm On Oct 08, 2015
SEE http://www.3ptechies.com/mobile/android/increasing-internal-storage-on-android.html for a more tailored solution to tackling low memory bug on android devices
Re: SOLUTION : Low Storage Memory Of Your Gadgets by erisegun: 8:37pm On Oct 08, 2015
Walexsammy:
jst put inside water, then plug am...u'll be suprise grin
u wicked no b small grin

*ur advice good bt no b sumtin wey person fit follow*
Re: SOLUTION : Low Storage Memory Of Your Gadgets by franklytrue(m): 6:04pm On Oct 09, 2015
On android, to transfer apps from internal memory to SD card, go to settings then Apps. Swipe to the left. In the list of apps under "SD CARD", you will see check boxes besides the apps. The apps not checked signifies that they are in the internal storage. Touch them one by one and you will find the option to move them to SD card.

To free some memory in your SD card/Phone memory, find the folder named DCIM. In that folder you will see another sub folder named ".thumbnails" (The .thumbnails folder is a hidden folder to some scanning processes). The folder contains some unnecessary copy images of your pictures. Check the folder size in options > details and you will find that it occupies tens or hundreds of mb. Delete the folder and increase memory space in your SD/phone memory as needed (You may need to do this occasionally cause those files may still come up again after some time). If you need more space in your phone memory for some reason the phone is 'demanding', select and cut out some large files like videos or music and paste them in the SD card.

Alternatively, install this great app, 360 security or similar ones. 360 security is like an all in one: a memory booster, a trash cleaner and an antivirus. It also has some other great features. Explore the app.
And do you know that when you collect apk files through flash share, Bluetooth or similar routes and install them, the files 'package' still remains in your SD card/phone cos it is a copy of the file that gets installed into your phone. Delete those already installed apks from the flash share folder or where ever it is. 360 security can also help you with that and also the moving of apps to SD card or internal storage but before you authorise the clean up, lock those apks and other 'copy or unnecessary' files you would still like to retain in your phone for some special reasons.

Hope these help.
I am not a 'tech geek' but I just got to know these and more while exploring android and its apps.

timmilehin:
I am having this problem also. but you're not giving us a good solution. i keep deleting old apps to free space. how can i transfer the appa on internal memory to sd card or phone memory?
aiikay:
I'm currently experiencing this problem; and all these solutions proffered seem not to be working again. Have employed them in resolving the issue for some persons in the past, but don't know why they are seeming as expired solutions to me for some time now!
Can't update any App in my phone now!

1 Like

Re: SOLUTION : Low Storage Memory Of Your Gadgets by aiikay(m): 8:42pm On Oct 09, 2015
franklytrue:
On android, to transfer apps from internal memory to SD card, go to settings then Apps. Swipe to the left. In the list of apps under "SD CARD", you will see check boxes besides the apps. The apps not checked signifies that they are in the internal storage. Touch them one by one and you will find the option to move them to SD card.

To free some memory in your SD card/Phone memory, find the folder named DCIM. In that folder you will see another sub folder named ".thumbnails" (The .thumbnails folder is a hidden folder to some scanning processes). The folder contains some unnecessary copy images of your pictures. Check the folder size in options > details and you will find that it occupies tens or hundreds of mb. Delete the folder and increase memory space in your SD/phone memory as needed (You may need to do this occasionally cause those files may still come up again after some time). If you need more space in your phone memory for some reason the phone is 'demanding', select and cut out some large files like videos or music and paste them in the SD card.

Alternatively, install this great app, 360 security or similar ones. 360 security is like an all in one: a memory booster, a trash cleaner and an antivirus. It also has some other great features. Explore the app.
And do you know that when you collect apk files through flash share, Bluetooth or similar routes and install them, the files 'package' still remains in your SD card/phone cos it is a copy of the file that gets installed into your phone. Delete those already installed apks from the flash share folder or where ever it is. 360 security can also help you with that and also the moving of apps to SD card or internal storage but before you authorise the clean up, lock those apks and other 'copy or unnecessary' files you would still like to retain in your phone for some special reasons.

Hope these help.
I am not a 'tech geek' but I just got to know these and more while exploring android and its apps.

Thank you so much!
Actually I've earlier done most of your suggestions, but your post made me to check every folder one by one.
Perhaps my greatest solution seem to have come the Whatsapp folder. There are numerous duplications there that one need to wipe frequently. For instance the folder containing all profile pictures you have ever viewed!

Once again, thanks a million!

1 Like

Re: SOLUTION : Low Storage Memory Of Your Gadgets by franklytrue(m): 11:12pm On Oct 09, 2015
aiikay:

Thank you so much!
Actually I've earlier done most of your suggestions, but your post made me to check every folder one by one.
Perhaps my greatest solution seem to have come the Whatsapp folder. There are numerous duplications there that one need to wipe frequently. For instance the folder containing all profile pictures you have ever viewed!

Once again, thanks a million!

You are welcome

1 Like

Re: SOLUTION : Low Storage Memory Of Your Gadgets by malkat: 12:22pm On Sep 08, 2016
thank you ur post is helpful
Re: SOLUTION : Low Storage Memory Of Your Gadgets by Brunicekid(m): 5:51pm On Apr 18, 2020
OK...

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Do Major Social Media Platforms Make Money? / Six False Ideas About Your Smartphone You Have Believed All Your Life! / Instagram Unveils New Logo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.