Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,335 members, 7,819,171 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:15 PM

How A Guy Almost Lost His Job - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How A Guy Almost Lost His Job (4234 Views)

Bf Proposed To Me Yesterday And Lost His Job Today... Pls Help Me/us / Man Seeking Job As A Driver Crashes The Company's Car During His Job Interview / He Lost His Chance Of Getting The Job Because Of Pierced Ears (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How A Guy Almost Lost His Job by Nobody: 6:21pm On Oct 05, 2015
Today was my first day in training and we were to have two sessions. The CRO was to take us for the second class when he noticed a new BA wasn't wearing socks, he immediately terminated his employment and sent him out of the class but about 40 minutes the guy stood at the hallway in a strategic position and the CRO noticed him and was surprised why he was still in the building and immediately the guy started begging, the CRO noticed he had gone to buy a pair of socks which he was wearing and pardoned him..we couldn't help but say thank you on his behalf

I learned something I hope you did too

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How A Guy Almost Lost His Job by Nobody: 6:30pm On Oct 05, 2015
Na wa oh lipsrsealed
Re: How A Guy Almost Lost His Job by exotiqueify(f): 7:06pm On Oct 05, 2015
exthar87:
Today was my first day in training and we were to have two sessions. The CRO was to take us for the second class when he noticed a new BA wasn't wearing socks, he immediately terminated his employment and sent him out of the class but about 40 minutes the guy stood at the hallway in a strategic position and the CRO noticed him and was surprised why he was still in the building and immediately the guy started begging, the CRO noticed he had gone to buy a pair of socks which he was wearing and pardoned him..we couldn't help but say thank you on his behalf

Hi exthar, plz, is it the cornerstone pre- employment training?
Re: How A Guy Almost Lost His Job by eipreel(f): 7:06pm On Oct 05, 2015
Hmmm...the things we see and hear in this country because of unemployment ehn

4 Likes

Re: How A Guy Almost Lost His Job by dhantey324(m): 7:40pm On Oct 05, 2015
Nna na wa o... If it was a girl, I would have said someone is looking for punny.
Re: How A Guy Almost Lost His Job by aweezy001: 9:59pm On Oct 05, 2015
dhantey324, funny yo!
exthar87, nice one smiley
Re: How A Guy Almost Lost His Job by Nobody: 10:00pm On Oct 05, 2015
You need to see the tension that gripped us cool
lagmostkuit:
Na wa oh lipsrsealed
Re: How A Guy Almost Lost His Job by Nobody: 10:01pm On Oct 05, 2015
Lol..the guy in question wore tie o..that was what pissed the CRO off
dhantey324:
Nna na wa o... If it was a girl, I would have said someone is looking for punny.
Re: How A Guy Almost Lost His Job by Nobody: 10:02pm On Oct 05, 2015
dhantey324:
what actually pissed the CRO off was that the guy was on tie
Re: How A Guy Almost Lost His Job by Nobody: 10:03pm On Oct 05, 2015
My dear na only God fit save us
eipreel:
Hmmm...the things we see and hear in this country because of unemployment ehn
Re: How A Guy Almost Lost His Job by Nobody: 10:04pm On Oct 05, 2015
No
exotiqueify:

Hi exthar, plz, is it the cornerstone pre- employment training?
Re: How A Guy Almost Lost His Job by sevantex(m): 11:14pm On Oct 05, 2015
I wonder how some guys wear their shoes witout socks, I never do dt o. Tnks Op, we sure learnt sumtin frm dis. Dressing properly!

5 Likes

Re: How A Guy Almost Lost His Job by sholay2011(m): 12:51am On Oct 06, 2015
sevantex:
I wonder how some guys wear their shoes witout socks, I never do dt o. Tnks Op, we sure learnt sumtin frm dis. Dressing properly!
The CRO was unreasonable to be honest. It is common to we blacks, always flexing our authority at every opportunity. He could have just sent him out of the class or given him a stern warning. That's embarrassing enough.

Thank God humans are not God. Snatching the poor man's daily bread from him just to prove a point is heartless. It is not being professional.

And I am not justifying the absence of socks.

@OP...What did you learn? Share it with us. 'Cos I learnt the heart of man is desperately wicked.

19 Likes

Re: How A Guy Almost Lost His Job by onismate: 5:14am On Oct 06, 2015
Nigerians in general, we take everything for granted. Am sure he had been told to come with his socks earlier. Thank Ekwdumare, if not, maybe he would have gone back to hard labour market

1 Like

Re: How A Guy Almost Lost His Job by Nobody: 5:26am On Oct 06, 2015
I learned socks is important and no he is not unreasonable cause if the BA gave a reasonable reason rather than saying he forgot then I would have had frowned at the CRO..
sholay2011:

The CRO was unreasonable to be honest. It is common to we blacks, always flexing our authority at every opportunity. He could have just sent him out of the class or given him a stern warning. That's embarrassing enough.

Thank God humans are not God. Snatching the poor man's daily bread from him just to prove a point is heartless. It is not being professional.

@OP...What did you learn? Share it with us. 'Cos I learnt the heart of man is desperately wicked.
Re: How A Guy Almost Lost His Job by Nobody: 5:28am On Oct 06, 2015
Lol..na real hard labor market
onismate:
Nigerians in general, we take everything for granted. Am sure he had been told to come with his socks earlier. Thank Ekwdumare, if not, maybe he would have gone back to hard labour market
Re: How A Guy Almost Lost His Job by Nobody: 5:29am On Oct 06, 2015
Thank you too

I am sure the guy would never repeat such cause he has learned something
sevantex:

1 Like

Re: How A Guy Almost Lost His Job by sholay2011(m): 5:35am On Oct 06, 2015
exthar87:
I learned socks is important and no he is not unreasonable cause if the BA gave a reasonable reason rather than saying he forgot then I would have had frowned at the CRO..
And that means he should be fired Or at least that motivated the CRO to attempt such so others can be 'on their toes' and realise the firm doesn't take 'nonsense'?

Pfft!! Of course, it's silly of the guy not to wear socks but do you know his history? Do you know if the little he has on is packaging till they start paying salaries? We shouldn't be narrow-minded.

What the CRO did is wrong. In saner climes, you don't do such. It is not the military. The guy scaled through stages just as you did to arrive at that point. And 'I forgot' is usually the go-to line most people utter in such embarrassing situation. What if the guy eventually becomes the most-skilled out of all of you?

My point is even though what the man did is typical of Nigerian employers, what is wrong is still wrong. He was being unreasonable.

And OP, the lesson you should learn here is your CRO can fire you at anytime in this your job...even if na pen you forget for house so far you've been told it's 'important'. I'll be praying for you.

*Unfollows thread*

9 Likes

Re: How A Guy Almost Lost His Job by Nobody: 6:35am On Oct 06, 2015
Sure I also agree with you

Good morning
sholay2011:

And that means he should be fired Or at least that motivated the CRO to attempt such so others can be 'on their toes' and realise the firm doesn't take 'nonsense'?

Pfft!! Of course, it's silly of the guy not to wear socks but do you know his history? Do you know if the little he has on is packaging till they start paying salaries? We shouldn't be narrow-minded.

What the CRO did is wrong. In saner climes, you don't do such. It is not the military. The guy scaled through stages just as you did to arrive at that point. And 'I forgot' is usually the go-to line most people utter in such embarrassing situation. What if the guy eventually becomes the most-skilled out of all of you?

My point is even though what the man did is typical of Nigerian employers, what is wrong is still wrong. He was being unreasonable.

And OP, the lesson you should learn here is your CRO can fire you at anytime in this your job...even if na pen you forget for house so far you've been told it's 'important'. I'll be praying for you. tongue

*Unfollows thread*
Re: How A Guy Almost Lost His Job by khassy(m): 6:37am On Oct 06, 2015
exthar87:

so SOCKS na criteria to getting job now lipsrsealedlipsrsealed

5 Likes

Re: How A Guy Almost Lost His Job by Nobody: 7:45am On Oct 06, 2015
Lol
khassy:

Re: How A Guy Almost Lost His Job by jashar(f): 7:53am On Oct 06, 2015
na wa oooo
Re: How A Guy Almost Lost His Job by quintybabee(f): 9:09am On Oct 06, 2015
I would have considered the CRO wicked if only he did not pardon the guy. To me he was only trying to prove a point and that is the company has zero tolerance for negligence of any sort. The way a man dress portray the image of his company most expecially within the work environment.
Nigerians mostly take things for granted, you can hadly tell the difference bewteen some civil servants and a trader, That is terribly. The reason you are condemning the CRO is because it is a private company. I would have done the same if i were in the CRO shoes. I hope the guy has learnt his lesson and for does saying all sort, let any employer sack you for negligence and see if thousands wont be there to replace you and there is every possibility that they can be better at the job.
Bottom line, take everything about your job serious and the way you dress might be what set you apart from others and you never can tell who you meet. A word is enough for the wise

4 Likes

Re: How A Guy Almost Lost His Job by Nobody: 10:07am On Oct 06, 2015
Well said
quintybabee:
I would have considered the CRO wicked if only he did not pardon the guy. To me he was only trying to prove a point and that is the company has zero tolerance for negligence of any sort. The way a man dress portray the image of his company most expecially within the work environment.
Nigerians mostly take things for granted, you can hadly tell the difference bewteen some civil servants and a trader, That is terribly. The reason you are condemning the CRO is because it is a private company. I would have done the same if i were in the CRO shoes. I hope the guy has learnt his lesson and for does saying all sort, let any employer sack you for negligence and see if thousands wont be there to replace you and there is every possibility that they can be better at the job.
Bottom line, take everything about your job serious and the way you dress might be what set you apart from others and you never can tell who you meet. A word is enough for the wise
Re: How A Guy Almost Lost His Job by khassy(m): 10:52am On Oct 06, 2015
exthar87:
Lol

remove that pure water before E pour on your bed and your neighbor thinks you've pissed on it again angrygrin

1 Like

Re: How A Guy Almost Lost His Job by Nobody: 11:31am On Oct 06, 2015
Lol...hmmmm
khassy:

remove that pure water before E pour on your bed and your neighbor thinks you've pissed on it again angrygrin
Re: How A Guy Almost Lost His Job by harsysky(m): 1:28pm On Oct 06, 2015
sholay2011:

I learnt that one is a god if S/he has what others do not.

1 Like

Re: How A Guy Almost Lost His Job by sevantex(m): 5:00pm On Oct 06, 2015
sholay2011:

Wow!..... Anoda perspective to it. Tnk God for mercy anyways but then, its best to prepare for d worst than sayin "had I known" don't u tink??. Thannk God he was spared, humans will be humans so let's be proactive! Welldone boss for ur insight!

1 Like

Re: How A Guy Almost Lost His Job by vicque(f): 8:10pm On Oct 06, 2015
khassy:

I tire o!!
Re: How A Guy Almost Lost His Job by Nobody: 7:14am On Oct 22, 2015
Unfortunately he lost the job he hasn't even started yesterday..
Re: How A Guy Almost Lost His Job by johndwayy(m): 7:47am On Oct 22, 2015
So socks has now become a criteria for getting a job in Nigeria? If he has been informed about the mode of dressing in the company prior to that incident, no problem... But sending him out and even threatening him with sack is unnecessary and definitely very childish of the CRO. Personally i don't wear socks and i don't see anything wrong with that. What has socks wearing got to do with your performance? The comments here are quite appalling oh

2 Likes

Re: How A Guy Almost Lost His Job by Voned(f): 7:51am On Oct 22, 2015
exthar87:
Unfortunately he lost the job he hasn't even started yesterday..
again? What did he do this time

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Oil And Gas Jobs - Download Online Job Application Forms / Stanbic Ibtc Ongoing Recruitment / Graduate Trainee Recruitment At Fidelity Bank Plc - 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.