Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,121 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:32 AM

American Story About A Corrupt Nigerian Governor - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / American Story About A Corrupt Nigerian Governor (1009 Views)

"We Are Not Corrupt!" - Nigerian Police To NBS / Confess Your Sins, Senior Advocates Tell Corrupt Nigerian Judges, Lawyers / Tony Blair At The Nigerian Governor's Forum In Abuja - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

American Story About A Corrupt Nigerian Governor by speedyGonzales: 5:00am On Oct 06, 2015
At the 2:35 minute mark of the video below, this American claims there is a story floating around (within america, i guess) that a Nigerian governor admits to being corrupt buts says he would return the money back to the people if they are voted back into office. I have not heard of this stup*d story, I know american public are quite ignorant or stup*d sometimes, especially about other parts of the world, I wish he added a link to the source of his outrageous story but I'll like other people here to confirm for me, if such a think really happened recently in Nigeria.

Also to clarify, the story in the video is not about Nigeria, he just eluded to talking about Nigeria because he found his Nigerian story amusing...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nH0stwipnMU

There is high corrupt in Nigeria but I think people outside Nigeria (especially the west) tend to overestimate the corruption in Africa (because it is Africa and we are meant to suck) partially due to weird stories like this, that they probably heard from an angry Nigerian.
Personally, I don't believe we (Nigeria) are anymore corrupt than the Russians or some South American countries.
Re: American Story About A Corrupt Nigerian Governor by medacares: 5:05am On Oct 06, 2015
Corruption corruption corruption..

FTC.
Re: American Story About A Corrupt Nigerian Governor by HerexG(m): 5:07am On Oct 06, 2015
Corruption is a global epidemic
Re: American Story About A Corrupt Nigerian Governor by speedyGonzales: 5:08am On Oct 06, 2015
medacares:
True story this happened in kogi state

really? well, I just dismissed that American as dumb... hmm! Nigeria is horrible... disgracing ourselves daily.
Re: American Story About A Corrupt Nigerian Governor by gunpoint(m): 5:37am On Oct 06, 2015
speedyGonzales:
At the 2:35 minute mark of the video below, this American claims there is a story floating around (within america, i guess) that a Nigerian governor admits to being corrupt buts says he would return the money back to the people if they are voted back into office. I have not heard of this stup*d story, I know american public are quite ignorant or stup*d sometimes, especially about other parts of the world, I wish he added a link to the source of his outrageous story but I'll like other people here to confirm for me, if such a think really happened recently in Nigeria.

Also to clarify, the story in the video is not about Nigeria, he just eluded to talking about Nigeria because he found his Nigerian story amusing...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nH0stwipnMU

There is high corrupt in Nigeria but I think people outside Nigeria (especially the west) tend to overestimate the corruption in Africa (because it is Africa and we are meant to suck) partially due to weird stories like this, that they probably heard from an angry Nigerian.
Personally, I don't believe we (Nigeria) are anymore corrupt than the Russians or some South American countries.
very true
the APC candidate for Kogi state is the man in question. The APC chairman in a campaign address said that though his candidate was accused by EFCC of fleecing the state of 11 billion naira when he was gov between 1999 and 2003, he has pledge to return it if voted in along with interest. Your American friends are not ignorant and are not just trying to smear you with mud cos you are black mate.

http://dailypost.ng/2015/10/04/kogi-guber-audu-will-return-the-n11bn-he-stole-if-elected-apc-chairman/

Kogi State APC Chairman, Alhaji Hadi Ametuo, has assured Kogi people that his party’s candidate in the forthcoming governorship poll, Prince Audu Abubakar, would return the over N11 billion he allegedly stole while in office.

Audu is being prosecuted by the anti-graft agency, EFCC, for misappropriating N11 billion of the states’s funds while he was governor between 1999 and 2003.

Responding to the questions from the media regarding Audu’s 11billion naira EFCC case, he said “Nobody is a saint. No governor can claim he has not done any malpractice or stolen anything during his time in the office.

“We heard of Saraki’s case, even Tinubu is being accused of stealing funds but the truth is that Prince Abubakar Audu has pledged to return the money to the Kogi treasury when he gets elected on the November 21st, yes he will return the 11billion naira or even more than that and that will add to the Kogi economy”.

Ametuo, who rated Audu’s first term in the office more than the current government of Capt. Idris Wada, added that Audu deserved the electoral votes of the Kogi people due to his experience and achievements in his first time at the Lugard House.

A human being actually said all that
Re: American Story About A Corrupt Nigerian Governor by odinese(m): 5:43am On Oct 06, 2015
do Nigerians protest? No...

All I see is bunch of ingrates supporting diezani or whatever...

Nigeria is a joke...

A country which ends in "tan"( I can't remember sorry), chased away their corrupt government and its members from the president's house, bcoz of what? "Heavy protest" with all sorts of weapons and they caught one of the ministers and beat him till he almost bled to death..and since then, the President and its ministers couldn't even return back to the country...

This is what Nigerians should be doing whenever they notice any case of corruption....don't sit and watch...get up and be in action.
Re: American Story About A Corrupt Nigerian Governor by gunpoint(m): 5:53am On Oct 06, 2015
odinese:
do Nigerians protest? No...

All I see is bunch of ingrates supporting diezani or whatever...

Nigeria is a joke...

A country which ends in "tan"( I can't remember sorry), chased away their corrupt government and its members from the president's house, bcoz of what? "Heavy protest" with all sorts of weapons and they caught one of the ministers and beat him till he almost bled to death..and since then, the President and its ministers couldn't even return back to the country...

This is what Nigerians should be doing whenever they notice any case of corruption....don't sit and watch...get up and be in action.
we wont no, ijaw will defend ijaw, awera will defend arewa, Yoruba will defend Yoruba and igbo will defend igbo and ijaw combined grin
meanwhile you and I, no food for table, no money for pocket. Nigerians are just clowns

1 Like

Re: American Story About A Corrupt Nigerian Governor by Rucheen(m): 6:39am On Oct 06, 2015
I was at the campaign ground life, how he planned to pay will be instead of looting 110bn in his first hundred days, he will loot 99bn Hadi Ametuo said
Re: American Story About A Corrupt Nigerian Governor by gunpoint(m): 6:41am On Oct 06, 2015
Rucheen:
I was at the campaign ground life, how he planned to pay will be instead of looting 110bn in his first hundred days, he will loot 99bn Hadi Ametuo said

grin
Nigeria is an unending horror movie i swear

(1) (Reply)

Salary: Anglican Church Seeks Tinubu’s Intervention. / Temporary Rehabilitation @ Ukurikang On Itu - Calabar Road!!! / Diezani Alison-madueke's Rolls Royce Spotted In London..(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.