Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,725 members, 7,851,481 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 08:26 PM

My Nomination Came As A Surprise - Fayemi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Nomination Came As A Surprise - Fayemi (530 Views)

"I Heard EFCC Is Cooking Up A Surprise For Me, I Ready For Una" - Dino Melaye / My Nomination Came As A Surprise- Fayemi / Buhari Introduces His Grandchildren To Fayemi, Amaechi (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Nomination Came As A Surprise - Fayemi by WHOcarex: 7:54pm On Oct 06, 2015
A former governor of Ekiti State, Dr. Kayode Fayemi, said on Tuesday that his nomination as a minister by President Muhammadu Buhari came as a surprise.

The ex-governor said he didn’t anticipate his inclusion in the President’s ministerial list.

He told journalists at the All Progress Congress (APC) National Secretariat that although he was with President Buhari till about 4:00pm on the day the list was submitted to the Senate President, the President never mentioned it to him that he was being considered for appointment.

Fayemi, who was the Director of Research and Strategy of the APC Presidential Campaign Council, is one of the 21 ministerial nominees submitted to the Senate by President Buhari.

He said, “Well, to the extent that I was not told by the President that I was going to be on his list, yes, it came as a surprise. The President is a surprise master, let me put it that way.

“He did not tell anyone to the best of my knowledge and I would have thought that I was in vantage position to know more than others. I was with him for five days before then, I was with him in New York at the United Nation General Assembly and he never said a word about his list to me nor to anyone else.

“We came back to Nigeria together, I was with him till 4:00pm on the evening he submitted the list to the President of the Senate and I didn’t have any clue of what is going to happen. So, to that extent I was pleasantly surprised.”

While describing the nomination as a call to service, Fayemi added: “One must thank the President for reposing confidence in us and we thank the party because when you look at the list, you will see that this is a galaxy of party men and women. These are people that have been very active and worked hard to ensure the victory of our party.

“And we also hold it as a duty to deliver on the promises made to Nigerians by the party. So it is a call to duty really, it involved a lot of work, service and sacrifice to Nigerians.”
Re: My Nomination Came As A Surprise - Fayemi by Luvdmx(m): 7:55pm On Oct 06, 2015
undecided

1 Like

Re: My Nomination Came As A Surprise - Fayemi by theV0ice: 7:57pm On Oct 06, 2015
Carry go jare Fayemi....I like your style and I dey your back like ike.

Even though I suspect you're lying that you didn't know prior, I have forgiven you already cool

1 Like

Re: My Nomination Came As A Surprise - Fayemi by ODUBEZE: 8:00pm On Oct 06, 2015
Even a day old knows that your name will be inclusive. Keep deceiving yourself.
Re: My Nomination Came As A Surprise - Fayemi by Kasiem2: 8:00pm On Oct 06, 2015
Since apc have explored the naivety in an average nigerian, they don't waste time or think twice in coming with one ridiculous tale or the other.

Just imagine what this old man is telling us
Re: My Nomination Came As A Surprise - Fayemi by kossyablaze(m): 8:01pm On Oct 06, 2015
Oloshi

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Nomination Came As A Surprise - Fayemi by okosodo: 8:16pm On Oct 06, 2015
sharrap there, u know
Re: My Nomination Came As A Surprise - Fayemi by safepassage2015: 8:53pm On Oct 06, 2015
@Fayemi......ehyaaa!!!! So touching *wipes tears*

(1) (Reply)

Interprete This Picture Featuring, Buhari, Osinbajo, Saraki & Dogara / Tribunal Sacks Buruju Kashamu / Tribunal Nullifies PDP House Of Rep Member-

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.