Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,412 members, 7,954,647 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:38 AM

Enyeama Explains Row With Oliseh, May Quit Eagles - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Enyeama Explains Row With Oliseh, May Quit Eagles (49986 Views)

The Yobo's & The Enyeama's Step Out For Church. / NFF Apologises To Nigerians, Explains Relationship With Oliseh / 'Oliseh Shuts Enyeama Up, Kicks Him Out Of Camp Today' - Muyiwa Lawal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enyeama Explains Row With Oliseh, May Quit Eagles by Werehkpe: 2:20pm On Oct 07, 2015
left to me. The Super Eagles should have stuck together with their TRUE Captain Vincent Enyeama. They all should have walked out make we see who Oliseh wan use take play match.

Oliseh is so poor at man management. He thinks coaching is the same as analysing inside the four walls of a studio.

He has already started the downfall of his time as Super Eagles coach.

Hope he knows what happened to Dunga and that even Spain will not strip Buffon, Casillas off the captainship band for 'silly' and 'flimsy' reasons other than retirement
Re: Enyeama Explains Row With Oliseh, May Quit Eagles by omonnakoda: 2:20pm On Oct 07, 2015
You are entitled to your opinion.Many others are too and have a very different opinion. If your boss tells you to sit down you sit down. It is shameful when coaches try to instill discipline people always bring in sentiments. Enyeama was well within his rights to declare himself unavailable ,after all it is a friendly. If he did so that would be much better than coming late .The coach is entitled to set the level of discipline he wants in his team as well as the culture. The message is not only to Enyeama but to everyone else If Enyeama gets away with it the next time someone comes late there will be nothing to say. Once again at a public meeting do not argue with your boss. You can remonstrate later and argue even but if the boss says sit down you sit down. In fact this is most important for the Captain. The captain should lead by example. Would he argue with his club Manger in public?

There is such a thing as a telephone if you are going to be late telephone or send a message. What is hard about that?

1 Like

Re: Enyeama Explains Row With Oliseh, May Quit Eagles by Akbee(m): 2:21pm On Oct 07, 2015
ayoola648:

bros abeg are you a Nigerian ? cuz u sound like a Togolese or someone from Congo ..
Re: Enyeama Explains Row With Oliseh, May Quit Eagles by tolustx(m): 2:21pm On Oct 07, 2015
dozai:
XCLUSIVE By Johnny Edward:

A source within the team's camp in Belgium, who witnessed the incident, narrated the dramatic confrontation that led to the initial expulsion and recall of Enyeama.

While the story doing the rounds is that the battle started because Oliseh shouted down Enyeama while the Lille keeper was trying to explain his late arrival in camp, Completesportsnigeria.com learnt that was not exactly how it went down.

Oliseh, according to our source, had no issue with Enyeama arriving in camp on Tuesday instead of Monday, since the coach was aware that the keeper was recently bereaved and buried his late mum over the weekend.

But the clash started when, while holding a meeting with the players after their evening training session which Enyeama attended but did not participate in, Oliseh mentioned Ahmed Musa as the team captain. Enyeama was said to have rudely interrupted the coach's speech at this point, the Lille keeper insisting that he was the captain, not Musa.

This interruption apparently riled Oliseh, who ordered Enyeama to let him (Oliseh) address his players in peace. But Enyeama continued talking, raising his voice at the coach.

When Oliseh could not take it anymore, he ordered that Enyeama leave the venue of the meeting as he felt the keeper was undermining his (Oliseh's) authority.

When Enyeama refused to leave, Oliseh asked for the goalkeeper to be forcibly removed from the Verviers Hotel camp by security men.

But five senior players in the squad: Mikel Obi, Ogenyi Onazi, Ahmed Musa, Elderson Echiejile and Emmanuel Emenike, waded in and all went to Oliseh's room to plead on behalf of Enyeama.

Also there were telephone calls from the Nigerian Football Federation President Amaju Pinnick and even some big Nigerian politicians to have the matter resolved.

"Enyeama was rude to Oliseh, no doubt. Oliseh has so many issues to deal with, especially the inability of six home-based players to get visas to join the squad, and the possibility of Godfrey Oboabona missing the match, and he doesn't need this additional distraction " a top official told Completesportsnigeria.com, before corroborating the first source's narration of events..

"The embarrassment he got from Enyeama in the presence of the other players was uncalled for and disappointing.

"Oliseh just announced that Ahmed Musa remains his captain and Enyeama flared up. He was told his response wasn't needed by the coach but Enyeama was angered and would not back down.

"He was asked to excuse the meeting and when he didn't, Oliseh asked for him to be bundled out of the team's camp, contrary to reports in the media that Enyeama was asked to shut up while trying to explain his late arrival, which wasn't even an issue.

"For goodness sake, a coach has the right to pick his captain for the team. New coaches do it all the time."

The source went further to explain that for Oliseh to drive down to Lille at the start of the Ligue 1 season to discuss the rebuilding process of the Super Eagles with Enyeama shows how much he respects the former Enyimba star.

"Oliseh wasn't given the respect he deserved. He (Oliseh) is not a saint and might not be completely blameless, but Enyeama should respect the coach; he is the boss," the source added.

There were also hints from the team's camp that Oliseh was not happy that Enyeama arrived early enough to train with the team on Tuesday, only to spend the entire time chatting with team secretary Dayo Enebi, asking questions about the new players in the squad, while Carl Ikeme was the only other goalkeeper in camp and the team would need two for a full session.

OP please get the full report and not half. The coach has the right to name anyone as a captain. It may be for a game, it may be forever. Enyeama did a wrong thing finish.

I rest my case.

Enyeama never said he was evicted becuse he came late. According to the op's post, dis is what he said:
“So I stood up to explain my position and ask for an explanation, but the coach asked me to sit down.
“I insisted on speaking because I felt that with the years of dedicated service I have given to the country I deserve at least the respect of giving my own side. But he told me that either the whole team would leave the room for me, or I would have to leave the room for the whole team.”

He truly deserves an explanation for his demotion after all the years and hardwork he has put into the team. He was probably truly rude in the manner and time in which he asked for the explanation, but the fact remains that he needed an explanation. What they need to do is sit 2geda and discuss it.

1 Like

Re: Enyeama Explains Row With Oliseh, May Quit Eagles by Ovaiegbe(m): 2:21pm On Oct 07, 2015
Does it mean OLISEH did not attend his national team captain mother's burial?
I think we need to hear from Oliseh.
Re: Enyeama Explains Row With Oliseh, May Quit Eagles by Akbee(m): 2:21pm On Oct 07, 2015
ayoola648:

bros abeg are you a Nigerian ?
cuz u sound like a Togolese or someone from Congo ..
I just created another reality.go and study that too
Re: Enyeama Explains Row With Oliseh, May Quit Eagles by alcmene: 2:22pm On Oct 07, 2015
As it stand now, the eagles have only one goal keeper in carl Ikeme due to visa hitches to other invited goal keepers.

Isn't this enough reason not to tamper with with Enyeama even if he reported late at camp due other issues other than his mother's demise??

Why are Nigerian coaches always finding it difficult to be gentlemen of honor when their diplomacy is called to question??

This was the same way Ladan Boso disgraced himself at the world youth championship

2 Likes

Re: Enyeama Explains Row With Oliseh, May Quit Eagles by anytexy: 2:23pm On Oct 07, 2015
judedwriter:
Beta leave now when d ovation is loud...dan leave with ur tail btw ur legs.
seconded.

1 Like

Re: Enyeama Explains Row With Oliseh, May Quit Eagles by dollyptosh(m): 2:23pm On Oct 07, 2015
Ade5:
Hope Oliseh isn't insecure tho...
That's exactly what I think is the problem. He knew the guy went to bury his mum, so why the fuss? If he didn't show up, they would say he is feeling too big.

1 Like

Re: Enyeama Explains Row With Oliseh, May Quit Eagles by Akbee(m): 2:24pm On Oct 07, 2015
400billionman:

Yinmu !
Re: Enyeama Explains Row With Oliseh, May Quit Eagles by 400billionman: 2:24pm On Oct 07, 2015
Ade5:
Hope Oliseh isn't insecure tho...

That's your final asnwer.

CORRECT.

Insecure bosses hate working with star talents..
Re: Enyeama Explains Row With Oliseh, May Quit Eagles by Akbee(m): 2:26pm On Oct 07, 2015
400billionman:

Yinmu !
Re: Enyeama Explains Row With Oliseh, May Quit Eagles by fountainsLtd: 2:26pm On Oct 07, 2015
Olise u are wrong! Someone went for his mother's funeral and reported to camp 24hrs late and u demote him not alowin him state his reason! Come to think of it aren't u guys ought to hav follow him his mothers funeral, I de ask u olise? Be careful experience and anointin wil bribg u to a position but it takes discipline and humility to remain at the top!!!!!!!!!!!! PioM

1 Like

Re: Enyeama Explains Row With Oliseh, May Quit Eagles by Goke7: 2:26pm On Oct 07, 2015
I will advise the nff to start preparing a testimonial match for Eyeama's retirement, they should invite our great players of the past to participate in the match to give Enyeama a befitting farewell, Oliseh na bad market so no need to make re conciliatory efforts between two parties.

If Enyeama is not given a befitting farewell, am sorry, we may never have players who will want to play that long again for Nigeria as this is the only way that motivate and encourage the current players. Any reason to blame Victor Moses for not showing up?

This is also one the reasons our players during the world cup in Brazil prefer to count their dollars in cash overnight before the game against France instead of focusing on the game. They know that even though they beat France 5-0, they will not still be immune from the the kind of Enyeama's treatment. Nigeria is worth it, am sorry to say this.
Re: Enyeama Explains Row With Oliseh, May Quit Eagles by Kulas: 2:28pm On Oct 07, 2015
Rastamann:
Revealed! Real Story Behind Oliseh, Enyeama Clash In Belgium

7 Oct 2015 Headlines, Top Stories

EXCLUSIVE By Johnny Edward:

Completesportsnigeria.com can exclusively report today the real story behind the clash between Super Eagles coach Sunday Oliseh and (former) captain Vincent Enyeama on Tuesday night.

A source within the team's camp in Belgium, who witnessed the incident, narrated the dramatic confrontation that led to the initial expulsion and recall of Enyeama.

While the story doing the rounds is that the battle started because Oliseh shouted down Enyeama while the Lille keeper was trying to explain his late arrival in camp, Completesportsnigeria.com learnt that was not exactly how it went down.

Oliseh, according to our source, had no issue with Enyeama arriving in camp on Tuesday instead of Monday, since the coach was aware that the keeper was recently bereaved and buried his late mum over the weekend.

But the clash started when, while holding a meeting with the players after their evening training session which Enyeama attended but did not participate in, Oliseh mentioned Ahmed Musa as the team captain. Enyeama was said to have rudely interrupted the coach's speech at this point, the Lille keeper insisting that he was the captain, not Musa.

This interruption apparently riled Oliseh, who ordered Enyeama to let him (Oliseh) address his players in peace. But Enyeama continued talking, raising his voice at the coach.

When Oliseh could not take it anymore, he ordered that Enyeama leave the venue of the meeting as he felt the keeper was undermining his (Oliseh's) authority.

When Enyeama refused to leave, Oliseh asked for the goalkeeper to be forcibly removed from the Verviers Hotel camp by security men.

But five senior players in the squad: Mikel Obi, Ogenyi Onazi, Ahmed Musa, Elderson Echiejile and Emmanuel Emenike, waded in and all went to Oliseh's room to plead on behalf of Enyeama.

Also there were telephone calls from the Nigerian Football Federation President Amaju Pinnick and even some big Nigerian politicians to have the matter resolved.

"Enyeama was rude to Oliseh, no doubt. Oliseh has so many issues to deal with, especially the inability of six home-based players to get visas to join the squad, and the possibility of Godfrey Oboabona missing the match, and he doesn't need this additional distraction " a top official told Completesportsnigeria.com, before corroborating the first source's narration of events..

"The embarrassment he got from Enyeama in the presence of the other players was uncalled for and disappointing.

"Oliseh just announced that Ahmed Musa remains his captain and Enyeama flared up. He was told his response wasn't needed by the coach but Enyeama was angered and would not back down.

"He was asked to excuse the meeting and when he didn't, Oliseh asked for him to be bundled out of the team's camp, contrary to reports in the media that Enyeama was asked to shut up while trying to explain his late arrival, which wasn't even an issue.

"For goodness sake, a coach has the right to pick his captain for the team. New coaches do it all the time."

The source went further to explain that for Oliseh to drive down to Lille at the start of the Ligue 1 season to discuss the rebuilding process of the Super Eagles with Enyeama shows how much he respects the former Enyimba star.

"Oliseh wasn't given the respect he deserved. He (Oliseh) is not a saint and might not be completely blameless, but Enyeama should respect the coach; he is the boss," the source added.

There were also hints from the team's camp that Oliseh was not happy that Enyeama arrived early enough to train with the team on Tuesday, only to spend the entire time chatting with team secretary Dayo Enebi, asking questions about the new players in the squad, while Carl Ikeme was the only other goalkeeper in camp and the team would need two for a full session.

Source: http://www.completesportsnigeria.com/revealed-real-story-behind-oliseh-enyeama-clash-in-belgium/

Leave this nonsense write up.Even if its TRUE,why shld Oliseh pick anoda captain while Enyeama is still with d team.98% percents of Nigerians can beat their chest day Enyeama is very humble,respectful n patriotic person.Oliseh should go to hell.#BringbackEnyeama

2 Likes

Re: Enyeama Explains Row With Oliseh, May Quit Eagles by Pascal181: 2:29pm On Oct 07, 2015
He hasn't won any game convincinly and he's biffing his players. Enyeama should return 2 dat shaky team or...

1 Like

Re: Enyeama Explains Row With Oliseh, May Quit Eagles by omonnakoda: 2:29pm On Oct 07, 2015
There is such a thing as a phone. If you will be late phone. Just burying mother is no excuse. AT ALL . That is sentiment. The mother thing for me would justify him saying he is not available. Everyone would understand. What does burying mother have to do with coming late and not phoning or texting anyone after all the NFF attended the burial. He could have told them . He went to the airport or online or somewhere to book a ticket and so he must have known he would be late. The truth is he was either mindless and did not think or was willfully disrespectful.As team captain that is a bad example

Everyone is offering bury his mum as an umbrella to hide under? Not acceptable.Very unprofessional and reflective of Nigerians mindset.
Imagine if you get to the airport and they tell you your plane cannot fly because the pilot went to bury his mum and is late . Very funny?
There is such a thing as compassionate leave but you must NEVER lose professionalism and so he should have sent in a message that he would be late

When people are relying on you that is the least a professional would do whether Pilot,soldier,doctor or Fireman

3 Likes

Re: Enyeama Explains Row With Oliseh, May Quit Eagles by Philipsdael(m): 2:29pm On Oct 07, 2015
Indiscipline, arrogance and pomposity is common with all these so called BigBoys of the Super eagles.
He faulter by coming late to camp and he should've obey the coach before complain rather his pomposity wouldn't allow him.
If he likes, he can retire from entering enter pitch.
call a spade a spade , arrogance is arrogance.
He disobeyed the coach that represent the interest of the country at large and he is here threatening about quiting the team.
men who giva finger at the middle.
screw you !

1 Like

Re: Enyeama Explains Row With Oliseh, May Quit Eagles by Nobody: 2:33pm On Oct 07, 2015
MadCow1:

Read the Complete sport story and repost

Sir, the man came late. And he tried explaining why he came late. And he was refused. That is right ok?
Re: Enyeama Explains Row With Oliseh, May Quit Eagles by Plus234(m): 2:33pm On Oct 07, 2015
last time it was query issue with nfa,
Re: Enyeama Explains Row With Oliseh, May Quit Eagles by brixton: 2:34pm On Oct 07, 2015
I am too much of an Oliseh fan to hve him act like this... Why do blacks continually fail when they get leadership opportunities? How is Oliseh different from Buhari?
Re: Enyeama Explains Row With Oliseh, May Quit Eagles by Nobody: 2:35pm On Oct 07, 2015
MadCow1:

Read the Complete sport story and repost

Sir, the man came late. And he tried explaining why he came late. And he was refused. That is right ok? You judge
Re: Enyeama Explains Row With Oliseh, May Quit Eagles by 400billionman: 2:37pm On Oct 07, 2015
ayoman:
Pls comment with sense.enyeama mother died and he buried her over the weekend. Try to be human

He cannot be human. The normal Nigerian sees things through an ethnic bias goggle.

Oliseh is his brother. Enyeama is not..
Re: Enyeama Explains Row With Oliseh, May Quit Eagles by Missonas(f): 2:38pm On Oct 07, 2015
What do i know about football? But i know this a team is stronger than a lone ranger.Should he decide to keep for another country he becomes a sell out.Should he decide to retire on this ground it goes down in history.So wetin can he do than to let go and keep being the best at what he does.Nigerians will love him more!

1 Like

Re: Enyeama Explains Row With Oliseh, May Quit Eagles by Iyoma2(f): 2:39pm On Oct 07, 2015
This is PERSONALITY clash n its dangerous, Enyeama is God's gift to D super Eagles, something urgent should be done about it by the authority concerned because pride goes before a fall. God bless Nigeria.
Re: Enyeama Explains Row With Oliseh, May Quit Eagles by MadCow1: 2:39pm On Oct 07, 2015
valacious:

Sir, the man came late. And he tried explaining why he came late. And he was refused. That is right ok? You judge

From the conflicting reports from Complete Sports, the beef had nothing to do with his late arrival but his refusal to be dropped as Team Captain.

I don't judge, I simply analyse.

Oliseh = Boss

Enyeama = Player.

Boss > Player in every team.
Re: Enyeama Explains Row With Oliseh, May Quit Eagles by eljanfortis(m): 2:40pm On Oct 07, 2015
Akbee:
Shut up there cos if u decide to hang your boot both at the club and international level,football will still be played in every nook and cranny of the world.infact the sports will even become more popular than ever.
Mr Oliseh might have bn wrong there but lets not be oblivious of the fact that he is the head coach of the national team which Enyeama happens to be the shot-stooper.The boss has the final say bros Enyeama n ur just a follower.
The fact that ur no more the team captain shouldn't make u want to take such hasty decision cos ur still the Mighty goal stopper we always know n one of the best as long as long as Nigerian football is concerned.
The capacity u serve in the team doesn't really matter but your output.

inconsiderate cow
Re: Enyeama Explains Row With Oliseh, May Quit Eagles by Excellentmind: 2:42pm On Oct 07, 2015
Oh! Olise! Number one mistake, you ought to know better. I pray that this mistake will hunt you in the near future as Nigerians are good at taking notes of happenings in the nation football arena.
Re: Enyeama Explains Row With Oliseh, May Quit Eagles by Excellentmind: 2:42pm On Oct 07, 2015
Oh! Olise! Number one mistake, you ought to know better. I pray that this mistake will not hunt you in the near future as Nigerians are good at taking notes of happenings in the nation football arena.
Re: Enyeama Explains Row With Oliseh, May Quit Eagles by olaafirst: 2:42pm On Oct 07, 2015
exxell:
Super Eagles without Enyeama is like America without CIA or FBI. Very dysyfunctional and prone to enemy attacks.

But why is it that indigenous coaches are always having problems with our players?
is the lack of respct we r having for each other in the country

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Femi Otedola And Anthony Joshua Meet In Dubai (Photos) / NFF Representatives Betrayed Asisat Oshoala At 2019 CAF Awards Voting / 4 Million People Came Out To Welcome Messi & Teammates On The Streets (Pix, Vid)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.