Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,677 members, 7,823,912 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:07 PM

Power Generation Drops By 1,100mw As Egbin Workers’ Crisis Persist - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Power Generation Drops By 1,100mw As Egbin Workers’ Crisis Persist (20186 Views)

Nigeria May Soon Be In Total Darkness — Egbin CEO / Power Generation Drops By 1,100mw As Egbin Workers’ Crisis Persist / Buhari Set To Meet State Governors Over Unpaid Workers Crisis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,100mw As Egbin Workers’ Crisis Persist by ExInferis(m): 9:24pm On Oct 07, 2015
bloodkiIler:

Thunder fire your mama and papa there Hopless son of a rabid dog And a harlot mother
Otu nne i ebea
Nkita lacha gi anya ebea
Afo sagbuo nne i
Otolo gbagbuo nna i
Kitikpa gbagbuo nne i na nna i Useless nonentity
Ikpu nne i ebea. tongue

Gerrout!

Immature little bastard.

From your tone and nonsensical posts one can tell you're nothing but a hungry, jobless little monkey. Better go find work, worthless scum of a punk.

Mtchew
Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,100mw As Egbin Workers’ Crisis Persist by mechanics(m): 10:38pm On Oct 07, 2015
Wow, i see but i dey get lite 4 power state, d shiroro n kainji dam dey wrk steady.
Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,100mw As Egbin Workers’ Crisis Persist by Nobody: 11:07pm On Oct 07, 2015
bloodkiIler:

Thunder fire your mama and papa there Hopless son of a rabid dog And a harlot mother
Otu nne i ebea
Nkita lacha gi anya ebea
Afo sagbuo nne i
Otolo gbagbuo nna i
Kitikpa gbagbuo nne i na nna i Useless nonentity
Ikpu nne i ebea. tongue
Look im warning you for the last time o, better behave yourself or else angry
Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,100mw As Egbin Workers’ Crisis Persist by EMANY01(m): 1:33am On Oct 08, 2015
francizy:

Una no dey shame? Chai!

Isn't it pathetic that with just one man throwing an object into the power plant made it trip off and subsequently, that one object cause a massive 1,100 MW drop in power supply? When you sell you soul for peanuts, you no longer make sense. Abi na juju e throw put inside ni? All hail APC!

I saw queues at different filling stations yesterday, hope someone didn't throw stones again.. grin

Cc, Kaboninc, Whynotthetruth, TonyeBarcanister, DearPreye, Truckpusher, Anonimi, Firefire, a beg make una come help me judge stupidity oh!! grin grin grin

I just dey look the idiots all of them.
Egbin LIKE ANY OTHER POWER STATION, has multiple generating units and each of them has the ability to evacuate power generated individually.
In the case of Egbin there are six(6) such generating units each of them with 200 Mega Watt electricity production capaciity,one of which was damaged in an explosive accident in 2006 and only brought back to service and commissioned by President Goodluck Jonathan in February or march this year bringing Egbin to its full capacity (of 1200Mega Watts) for the first time in NINE(9) YEARS.
Now you have to know that in power systems we rarely ( if ever ) run all generating plants at maximum capacity so we derate
(Derating is a technique usually employed in electrical power and electronic devices, wherein the devices are operated at less than their rated maximum power)
Which explains the stated generating capacity of 1100Mega Watts.
What's my point?
In 2009 one generating unit experienced a partial prompt catastrophic rapid disassembly yet the plant (the remaining 5 units) was/were still generating electricity albeit at diminished capacity.
There isn't one single unit some fool can throw a spanner or whatever into and shut the whole plant down.
The people peddling that story and especially the journalist and editor who published it have no business around any industrial environment to say the least of a power station so either they lied or they are just as ignorant and idiotic as those on this thread who bought into this bullsh1t story.

Mind that i do not dispute the claim of sabotage , i am just saying that the narrative currently going around is wackd.

But what do i know, ignorant idiotic people elected an even more ignorant fella as president so.......

6 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,100mw As Egbin Workers’ Crisis Persist by EMANY01(m): 1:40am On Oct 08, 2015
atlwireles:
So a former employee of PHCN gained access into the plant and threw an object shutting the plant down. Keep lying to yourselves lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

As in ehh, this whole APC and messiah and body odor languge thing is dumbing people down and they are all i denial .
It is easier to fool someone than to convince them that they have been fooled....(forgot the name of the man/woman that said that).

Besides did we just hear apc folks putting the blame on sabotage?
[size=18pt]How dare they use an excuse that is the sole prerogative of the Goodluck administration.
[/size]
Do you Atlwireless not remember them repeatedly deride Jonathan and his government when they reported on the activities of saboteurs ?
I am waiting to see and hear of the arrest of the saboteur.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,100mw As Egbin Workers’ Crisis Persist by EMANY01(m): 1:56am On Oct 08, 2015
IzonOwei:
i believe when nebo told nigerians reasons for shortage of power supply due to pipeline vandalism many of your kind called him inept...but right now we have to swallow what ever reason is causing the shortage of mega watts because buhari is in charge...abi....i give up on nigeria...

I gave up on March 29th.
There are none blind as those who will not see, deaf as those who will not hear and f00lish as those who will not reason.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,100mw As Egbin Workers’ Crisis Persist by EMANY01(m): 2:00am On Oct 08, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

It doesn't look sensible to me that with all the security there and the magnitude of a power plant that a mere object could be dropped to stop the plant ...And to even think the anonymous ex employee succeeded without any confrontation cheesy

Do not try or waste energy trying to convince that one and her ilk it is said you can fool alot of people easy but convincing them that they have been fooled is a waste of time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,100mw As Egbin Workers’ Crisis Persist by francizy(m): 2:30am On Oct 08, 2015
EMANY01:

Egbin LIKE ANY OTHER POWER STATION, has multiple generating units and each of them has the ability to evacuate power generated individually.
In the case of Egbin there are six(6) such generating units each of them with 200 Mega Watt electricity production capaciity,one of which was damaged in an explosive accident in 2006 and only brought back to service and commissioned by President Goodluck Jonathan in February or march this year bringing Egbin to its full capacity (of 1200Mega Watts) for the first time in NINE(9) YEARS.
Now you have to know that in power systems we rarely ( if ever ) run all generating plants at maximum capacity so we derate
(Derating is a technique usually employed in electrical power and electronic devices, wherein the devices are operated at less than their rated maximum power)
What's my point?
In 2009 one generating unit experienced a partial prompt catastrophic rapid dis assembly and the plant (the remaining 5 units) was/were still generating electricity albeit at diminished capacity.
There isn't one single unit some fool can throw a spanner or whatever into and shut the whole plant down.
The people peddling that story and especially the journalist and editor who published it have no business around any industrial environment to say the least of a power station so either they lied or they are just as ignorant and idiotic as those on this thread who bought into this bullsh1t story.

Mind rhat i do not dispute the claim of sabotage , i am just saying that the narrative currently going around is wackd.

But what do i know, ignorant idiotic people elected and even more ignorant fella as president so.......

Hahaha! Oya na, obiagelli, come and learn power generation 101 so that you don't go helping your fellow lie peddlers to peddle lies.. grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,100mw As Egbin Workers’ Crisis Persist by bigtt76(f): 5:45am On Oct 08, 2015
Wrong move by the employee angry Two wrongs do not make a right, now that the deed has been done, baring any serious damage to the plant, all the former staff would now be treated as security risk to the plant and ejected accordingly. They would be compensated definitely BUT they would have to move out. Sad the way we do things in this country.

The MD I'm sure is an educated man who should know better than what he's did engaging hoodlums. He has further opened the plants to more dangers. Hoodlums would not stop demanding and if company do not obliged, then the plant suffers more sabotage angry He ought to have learned from the Niger Delta case naaau
Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,100mw As Egbin Workers’ Crisis Persist by OShepherd: 6:54am On Oct 08, 2015
Uncool jooooooor! I managed 2 giv 8hrs average supply 2 consumers sinz ystday I resumed & dis morning now we r experiencing 6tem collapse again.d man @ Xmissn end jst told me: Clear Ur board till further notice!shocked Make I go home go rest joooooor! 9ja my country!
Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,100mw As Egbin Workers’ Crisis Persist by francizy(m): 8:10am On Oct 08, 2015
EnigmaticEnigma:
see space bookers shocked

una suppose change ya name to Ebuka undecided

as in, a booker of space sad

You suppose pay for mentioning that name oh.. tongue
Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,100mw As Egbin Workers’ Crisis Persist by donTbone(m): 8:22am On Oct 08, 2015
IzonOwei:
so you dey wait until him use that expression??...you go wait till you grow beer beer for tongue...this government has sold more lies than truth just within four months...be at alert and detect fraud when you see or hear one...

Am still not in haste to judge this govt. But the inclusion of Amaechi in this List got me baffled. But still, there a step more before I know whether to criticize or not. wink
Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,100mw As Egbin Workers’ Crisis Persist by revolt(m): 11:26am On Oct 08, 2015
donTbone:
angry

I made a comment before, the culprit should be dealt with
Ion think if the MD of Egbin is taught some lesson on management
of crisis, its not too much...

Still, some wailing wailers will blame the present administration
for bad power supply!

Keep wailing till the end of the regime!
if it wasn't for the past govt these people \ vandals wouldnbe PAST EMPLOYEES.... U guys abused GEJ when he privatised, voices like me told u the transition wud take a minimum of 3yrs b4 we start seeing good results, ie the eviction of those bastard phcn workers and total overhaul of all their quota system staffs. Its happening now and we know when it succeeds, ediots will come out and credit buhari for it. We know the dude is brainstorming on how to reverse the privatisation, so quota system can gve his ppl jobs, but thank GOd its statutorily backed up this time. So what yaradua did with transcorp cannot happen this tyme.

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,100mw As Egbin Workers’ Crisis Persist by jmaine: 11:40am On Oct 08, 2015
The development, it was learnt, followed an alleged sabotage by one of the former employees of the defunct Power Holding Company of Nigeria who threw an object into the power plant and it tripped off.

Lolz . . . . . . Shey na Thor hammer dem throw inside grin

3 Likes

Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,100mw As Egbin Workers’ Crisis Persist by jmaine: 12:09pm On Oct 08, 2015
Obiagelli:
Below is the reason for the recent drop in power supply in some areas.

This fellow should be severely dealt with, who knows what level damage this guy (former employee o)has cost us and how long it will take to recover 1100mw.

Lalasticlala Obinoscopy ishilove

Obiagelli:

U want to convince me to the contrary?

You believed a single unidentified object tossed into a single compartment of turbines working independently of each other can lead to a total breakdown of a plant with a 1,100MW capacity. Yet you mocked news which revealed sabotage from gas pipeline vandals as a reason for a drop in our power generation capacity
Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,100mw As Egbin Workers’ Crisis Persist by EMANY01(m): 1:36pm On Oct 08, 2015
jmaine:

You believed a single unidentified object tossed into a single compartment of turbines working independently of each other can lead to a total breakdown of a plant with a 1,100MW capacity. Yet you mocked news which revealed sabotage from gas pipeline vandals as a reason for a drop in our power generation capacity

They will choke on their hypocrisy soon enough........
Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,100mw As Egbin Workers’ Crisis Persist by jmaine: 6:39pm On Oct 08, 2015
EMANY01:

They will choke on their hypocrisy soon enough........

Abi oo !!!
Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,100mw As Egbin Workers’ Crisis Persist by Whynotthetruth(m): 9:41pm On Oct 08, 2015
EMANY01:

What's my point?
In 2009 one generating unit experienced a partial prompt catastrophic rapid disassembly yet the plant (the remaining 5 units) was/were still generating electricity albeit at diminished capacity.

Mind that i do not dispute the claim of sabotage , i am just saying that the narrative currently going around is wackd.

But what do i know, ignorant idiotic people elected an even more ignorant fella as president so.......

Thanks for this explanation... It did add to my knowledge base ...
Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,100mw As Egbin Workers’ Crisis Persist by predatorX: 11:33am On Oct 09, 2015
EMANY01:

What's my point?

I feel this engineer in the house, setting the records straight, no ambiguities. smiley smiley smiley smiley

and taking into consideration redundancies. Not all generators at Egbin are being run at any given time. Atleast two are kept redundant so as to make do for peak and off-peak fluctuations, as well as generator servicing downtimes.

Also, there's what is called installed capacity, running capacity and generated capacity. What we all hear about Egbin is the installed capacity which is 1320MWatts, that is 6 x 220Mwatts.

Redundancies account for Running capacity while Losses account for actual generated capacities. So in the real sense, Egbin does not generate 1320MegaWatts but if we maxxed to the limit, we can get 1320MW. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

so op, nobody can throw OPC egg inside Egbin and cause blackout in naija, this is not the 80's grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,100mw As Egbin Workers’ Crisis Persist by EMANY01(m): 11:56am On Oct 09, 2015
predatorX:

I feel this engineer in the house, setting the records straight, no ambiguities. smiley smiley smiley smiley

and taking into consideration redundancies. Not all generators at Egbin are being run at any given time. Atleast two are kept redundant so as to make do for peak and off-peak fluctuations, as well as generator servicing downtimes.

Also, there's what is called installed capacity, running capacity and generated capacity. What we all hear about Egbin is the installed capacity which is 1320MWatts, that is 6 x 220Mwatts.

Redundancies account for Running capacity while Losses account for actual generated capacities. So in the real sense, Egbin does not generate 1320MegaWatts but if we maxxed to the limit, we can get 1320MW. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

so op, nobody can throw OPC egg inside Egbin and cause blackout in naija, this is not the 80's grin grin grin grin grin

I was a bit concerned that they were running all the units at the same time i thought the units were rated at 200 but clearly what they chose to do was to circle one unit off while the remaining five are running .

"That OPC egg line got me laughing hard".

2 Likes

Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,100mw As Egbin Workers’ Crisis Persist by Swissheart(f): 5:08pm On Oct 22, 2015
Bolaadu:
I don't have light 4 d pass 3days now,Am new here.
....in Epe?
Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,100mw As Egbin Workers’ Crisis Persist by Bolaadu(m): 10:46am On Oct 24, 2015
Swissheart:
....in Epe?
lol hw d u knw?Am talking of my area@isheri igando.Epe o ni baje oooo.
Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,100mw As Egbin Workers’ Crisis Persist by Swissheart(f): 2:42pm On Oct 24, 2015
Bolaadu:
lol hw d u knw?Am talking of my area@isheri igando.Epe o ni baje oooo.
...lol....I asked because we haven't had light in Epe since abt 4weeks now
Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,100mw As Egbin Workers’ Crisis Persist by laudate: 2:46pm On Oct 24, 2015
Swissheart:

Even many Lekki communities no get light! Festac too, na di same thing - epileptic.
Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,100mw As Egbin Workers’ Crisis Persist by Swissheart(f): 3:04pm On Oct 24, 2015
laudate:

Even many Lekki communities no get light! Festac too, na di same thing - epileptic.
....not good enough..
Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,100mw As Egbin Workers’ Crisis Persist by Bolaadu(m): 7:47pm On Oct 24, 2015
Swissheart:
wahoo.hw did u know am 4rm Epe?
Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,100mw As Egbin Workers’ Crisis Persist by Bolaadu(m): 7:52pm On Oct 24, 2015
don't worry governor will do something soon.
Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,100mw As Egbin Workers’ Crisis Persist by Swissheart(f): 9:46pm On Oct 24, 2015
Bolaadu:
wahoo.hw did u know am 4rm Epe?
....u mentioned me on the thread about Sungbo Eredo....so I guessed....

1 Like

Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,100mw As Egbin Workers’ Crisis Persist by juman(m): 10:01pm On Oct 24, 2015
A country of more than 180 million people but does not have up to 4kMW. What a country!
Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,100mw As Egbin Workers’ Crisis Persist by Nobody: 1:10am On Oct 25, 2015
juman:
A country of more than 180 million people but does not have up to 4kMW. What a country!

Chai!
Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,100mw As Egbin Workers’ Crisis Persist by engineerboat(m): 7:26am On Oct 25, 2015
francizy:

Una no dey shame? Chai!

Isn't it pathetic that with just one man throwing an object into the power plant, it tripped off and subsequently, that one object cause a massive 1,100 MW drop in power supply? When you sell you soul for peanuts, you no longer make sense. Abi na juju e throw put inside ni? All hail APC!

I saw queues at different filling stations yesterday, hope someone didn't throw stones again.. grin

Cc, Kaboninc, Whynotthetruth, TonyeBarcanister, DearPreye, Truckpusher, Anonimi, Firefire, Severussnape, a beg make una come help me judge stupidity oh!! grin grin grin
Comrade to cover up a lie, you need another lie,
this people will stop at nothing to always link 'FORMER' with evry failed promise change,
over here light has been so epileptic, its been one on one off, still this people will tell its saboteur (na now its saboreour)

que is returning back to filling station, is our refimery not working because we are told by this lying liars dat nothing hapen to them, has WALE TINUBU, FEMI OTEDOLA, and APC STOOGE importer stop importimg fuel, well they will come out to tell us how jonathan block importation of fuel

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Power Generation Drops By 1,100mw As Egbin Workers’ Crisis Persist by engineerboat(m): 7:45am On Oct 25, 2015
EMANY01:

I was a bit concerned that they were running all the units at the same time i thought the units were rated at 200 but clearly what they chose to do was to circle one unit off while the remaining five are running .

"That OPC egg line got me laughing hard".

i gues the OP is writing a programmed information for their supporter to have another lie to cover up this flunctuation power.
How could somebody come here without knowledge of how power plant work and operate, OP this is dead on arrival.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

First Crude Oil Lift From Aje Field FPSO Due In August – Panoro Energy / Tambuwal In Closed-Door Meeting With Obasanjo In Abeokuta / A Prayer For President Buhari And His Ruling Party By Dele Momodu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.