Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:51 AM

Saraki Cannot Resign Until He’s Proven Guilty, Says CAN - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki Cannot Resign Until He’s Proven Guilty, Says CAN (630 Views)

CCT Trial: Why Saraki Cannot Be Allowed To Go Like Tinubu – Justice Umar / CCT: Saraki Won’t Resign Until Proven Guilty – Ndume / Buhari Won’t Spare Ex-president Jonathan If He's Proven Corrupt – Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Saraki Cannot Resign Until He’s Proven Guilty, Says CAN by resty4(m): 6:29pm On Oct 07, 2015
The Christian Association of Nigeria, CAN, has condemned calls for the Senate President, Dr. Bukola Saraki, to resign his leadership of the Senate following his trial at the Code of Conduct Tribunal for alleged false declaration of assets.
The Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor-led CAN, stressed that while the electorate knew that certain persons were corrupt before voting them into public offices, they should not be in a hurry now to sack those they elected.
Since he was docked at the CCT over a week ago, there have been calls by several groups and individuals on Saraki to step down as Senate President pending the determination of his case.
However, the National Secretary of CAN, Rev. Musa Asake, in an interview on Tuesday, stated that although the association was apolitical, it had to caution Nigerians when necessary.
He asked, “Is he (Saraki) the first person to be in that category? Have they asked anyone of them (others) to step aside?
“I don’t want to delve into politics but it is getting out of hand. We have had such cases over and over. Asking him to step aside for now is as if he has been found guilty. Our law says that he is innocent until proven guilty.
“I am a religious leader; I don’t want to mingle in politics. But let us not also overdo the whole thing. He has been in the Senate and whatever he has done, the Senate did it (together) with him.
“If he is corrupt, we have known him to be corrupt before we elected him into the Senate; Why now? To me, let them continue to do their work. When he is found guilty, let the law take its course”.http://www.informationng.com/2015/10/saraki-cannot-resign-until-hes-proven-guilty-says-can.html

Re: Saraki Cannot Resign Until He’s Proven Guilty, Says CAN by Mogidi: 6:30pm On Oct 07, 2015
The Christian Association of Nigeria, CAN, has condemned calls for the Senate President, Dr. Bukola Saraki, to resign his leadership of the Senate following his trial at the Code of Conduct Tribunal for alleged false declaration of assets.

I agree with CAN.
Re: Saraki Cannot Resign Until He’s Proven Guilty, Says CAN by ORACLE1975(m): 6:31pm On Oct 07, 2015
k
Re: Saraki Cannot Resign Until He’s Proven Guilty, Says CAN by Nobody: 6:32pm On Oct 07, 2015
Mogidi:

I agree with CAN.

Why should CAN be meddling in politics? Later the man will say assassins are after him.
Re: Saraki Cannot Resign Until He’s Proven Guilty, Says CAN by Nobody: 6:33pm On Oct 07, 2015
Oh well, Jesus has always stood by the side of sinners. Who is CAN to do otherwise?
Re: Saraki Cannot Resign Until He’s Proven Guilty, Says CAN by sammyj: 6:34pm On Oct 07, 2015
When will this god of men stay out of politics and the last time I checked Saraki is not a christian !!! cool
Re: Saraki Cannot Resign Until He’s Proven Guilty, Says CAN by drauj(m): 6:38pm On Oct 07, 2015
Mogidi:

I agree with CAN.
Hey!!! ain't u that Wailer who shouts this Goat your Mentor that Monkey ur role model?

1 Like

Re: Saraki Cannot Resign Until He’s Proven Guilty, Says CAN by obailala(m): 6:39pm On Oct 07, 2015
[size=13pt]The PDP Christian wing has spoken; Roma locuta est, causa finita est[/size]

1 Like

Re: Saraki Cannot Resign Until He’s Proven Guilty, Says CAN by Mogidi: 6:39pm On Oct 07, 2015
drauj:

Hey!!! ain't u that Wailer who shouts this Goat your Mentor that Monkey ur role model?

Ya mum is my role model, I get to roll the fat bitchhh when ya dad is at the motor park.
Re: Saraki Cannot Resign Until He’s Proven Guilty, Says CAN by Aromas: 6:43pm On Oct 07, 2015
Ori... Ori... Oriiiii, face your business of smuggling
Re: Saraki Cannot Resign Until He’s Proven Guilty, Says CAN by Pavore9: 6:44pm On Oct 07, 2015
obailala:
[size=13pt]The PDP Christian wing has spoken; Roma locuta est, causa finita est[/size]

Abeg, Rome no put mouth for this talk o! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Saraki Cannot Resign Until He’s Proven Guilty, Says CAN by kingdompropty: 6:47pm On Oct 07, 2015
True.

(1) (Reply)

Ministers: Don’t Hold Your Breath For Second List – Enang / Amaechi To Take A Bow And Go Next Week / See What VP Osinbanjo Posted On Twitter About Youth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.