Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,693 members, 7,816,833 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:14 PM

Biafra Referendum : Ipob's Petition On Moveon.org Gathers Huge Momentum - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra Referendum : Ipob's Petition On Moveon.org Gathers Huge Momentum (5270 Views)

Okoi Obono-Obla: "Biafra Referendum Legally & Politically Impossible" / Melaye Submits Petition On Corruption By Manitoba To EFCC / Online Petition Asking Buhari To Resign Gathers Momentum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Biafra Referendum : Ipob's Petition On Moveon.org Gathers Huge Momentum by GINJALAND: 6:38pm On Oct 07, 2015

By Tonye Maxwell.

The agitation for restoration of Sovereign State of Biafra is getting louder and it seems like the group is not relenting in its efforts for Biafra Self-determination.

There have been widespread crack down on Pro-Biafran groups chief among them the Indigenous People Of Biafra (IPOB) in South South and South East parts of Nigeria. The group also took to various media outlets to announce to the world their plights, after unarmed IPOB members were brutally shot at in Onitsha and subsequent arrests of the groups members in Asaba and Igweocha, the name which the group call the city of Port Harcourt both of which are in South South region of Nigeria.

The security agencies have issued recent warnings and have also outlawed all Pro-Biafra groups in the country. Amnesty International released a statement to Ibtimes UK, that "there are evidences of Police crackdown and killing of Pro-Biafra groups members in Nigeria" which is a violation of UN Charter on Rights to Self Determination of Indigenous People.

However the agitation seems to have take a new twist with an online petition to a credible Petitioning oullet, MoveOn.org. This petition, which was started by IPOB have gathered momentum as thousands have already signed up.

As of 7th of October 2015, the petition more than doubled from the number it was on 6th of October 2015. The request for the petition to be delivered to "Amnesty International, Human Rights Watch, Society for Threatened People, Ban Ki Moon, UN Secretary General, Dr. Ben Carson, Presidential Candidate, Donald Trump, Presidential Candidate, Senator Patrick Leahy, United States Congress, Benjamin Nethanyahu, Israeli Prime Minister, Senator Dan Coats, United States Congress, Kenneth I. Juster, Chair, BOT, Freedom House, The Indiana State House, The Indiana State Senate, Governor Mike Pence, The United States House of Representatives, The United States Senate, and President Barack Obama" may be granted as MoveOn group will likely review the petition when it hits 10,000 signatures.

The text accompanying the petition, which was drafted by the group reads
The Indigenious People of Biafra (IPOB) are hounded, harrassed, massacred, and incarcerated in violation of their civil and United Nations rights of Indigenous People to agitate for self determination. Buhari is breaking international law by harassing and killing the beleaguered and marginalized peoples of Biafra in British-Nigeria.

We, the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), under the leadership of Nnamdi Kanu, are compelled to call for a total boycott of British-Nigeria and her murderous president Muhammadu Buhari because British-Nigeria is a rogue terrorist state that tramples on every conceivable human rights, particularly, the rights of the beleaguered people of Biafra and IPOB—the organization of Biafrans agitating for freedom from the wicked British-Nigeria contraption and edifice of genocide.

Many Nigerians from opposing side of the divide sometimes call the group's activities a joke, but it is unknown if IPOB will relent on the agitation for a separate republic, especially with the group's wide media reach using Radio Biafra, Biafra Television, websites and social networks accounts. The latest article submitted by Terry Paulson to Townhall.com, shows that people far and wide are receiving the message, and with that the future will tell what happens next.

http://ginjaland.com/article/Igbos-petition-on-moveonorg-gathers-huge-momentum

1 Like

Re: Biafra Referendum : Ipob's Petition On Moveon.org Gathers Huge Momentum by Nobody: 6:51pm On Oct 07, 2015
Happy to see Igweocha(Port Harcourt) and Asaba leading this struggle. I was in Igweocha few days ago, I can authoritatively tell you that Igweocha is awashed with IPOB members. The so-called artificial divide between Ikwerre and their Igbo brothers has been put to rest. They are now one family fighting for a common cause...restoration of Biafra.

Very bold and decisive move. I see referendum in a matter of few months.

Seun Lalasticlala mod moderator FP

24 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Biafra Referendum : Ipob's Petition On Moveon.org Gathers Huge Momentum by EasternLionn: 6:57pm On Oct 07, 2015
new2020:
Happy to see Igweocha(Port Harcourt) and Asaba leading this struggle. I was in Igweocha few days ago, I can authoritatively tell you that Igweocha is awashed with IPOB members. The so-called artificial divide between Ikwerre and their Igbo brothers have been put to rest. They are now one family fighting for a common cause...restoration of Biafra.

Make I hear fiiimm from agents of divide and rule here on this thread, I go tear somebody alive grin cheesy

7 Likes

Re: Biafra Referendum : Ipob's Petition On Moveon.org Gathers Huge Momentum by Leopardd(m): 6:59pm On Oct 07, 2015
Nice one, I guess the number will double by tomorrow.

6 Likes

Re: Biafra Referendum : Ipob's Petition On Moveon.org Gathers Huge Momentum by kingdompropty: 6:59pm On Oct 07, 2015
It's just a matter of time.

8 Likes

Re: Biafra Referendum : Ipob's Petition On Moveon.org Gathers Huge Momentum by Leopardd(m): 7:00pm On Oct 07, 2015
Lalasticlala, this one reach to go FP??
Re: Biafra Referendum : Ipob's Petition On Moveon.org Gathers Huge Momentum by Nobody: 7:12pm On Oct 07, 2015
wonderful news. Chukwu Abiama Okike help us achieve this soonest.

9 Likes

Re: Biafra Referendum : Ipob's Petition On Moveon.org Gathers Huge Momentum by omoelesa(m): 7:19pm On Oct 07, 2015
And how much would the yeeboes contribute to nnadu kanu for this project.
Re: Biafra Referendum : Ipob's Petition On Moveon.org Gathers Huge Momentum by zuchyblink(m): 7:20pm On Oct 07, 2015
Nobody can seat on the dreams of millions of Biafra. It is Biafra or nothing. LOng live islamic state of Arewa! Long live Biafra Republic! Long live Odua Republic! RIP Nigeria!

12 Likes

Re: Biafra Referendum : Ipob's Petition On Moveon.org Gathers Huge Momentum by Leopardd(m): 7:20pm On Oct 07, 2015
omoelesa:
And how much would the yeeboes contribute to nnadu kanu for this project.

Not much, just maybe your head only.

12 Likes

Re: Biafra Referendum : Ipob's Petition On Moveon.org Gathers Huge Momentum by Omambala1(m): 7:42pm On Oct 07, 2015
And in the end, Biafra must come!

11 Likes

Re: Biafra Referendum : Ipob's Petition On Moveon.org Gathers Huge Momentum by Nobody: 7:49pm On Oct 07, 2015
why some section of the country are busy doing lip service, this people are fiercely serious, resolute with there struggle.

10 Likes

Re: Biafra Referendum : Ipob's Petition On Moveon.org Gathers Huge Momentum by SOUNDKING: 8:00pm On Oct 07, 2015
Demburrows:
why some section of the country are busy doing lip service, this people are fiercely serious, resolute with there struggle.
their furure is very whosky,,,,,,,,,i heard Fulani cowmen has completely destroyed olu falae's farm,,,,yerrober,.

6 Likes

Re: Biafra Referendum : Ipob's Petition On Moveon.org Gathers Huge Momentum by Nobody: 8:14pm On Oct 07, 2015
I have petitioned. Pls do yours.

Wonderful piece of report

7 Likes

Re: Biafra Referendum : Ipob's Petition On Moveon.org Gathers Huge Momentum by lincolnj88: 8:14pm On Oct 07, 2015
grin is high time we left d zoo

7 Likes

Re: Biafra Referendum : Ipob's Petition On Moveon.org Gathers Huge Momentum by Nobody: 8:15pm On Oct 07, 2015
I signed up since na. We are getting there.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra Referendum : Ipob's Petition On Moveon.org Gathers Huge Momentum by Rich4god(m): 8:18pm On Oct 07, 2015
Am for or against the division of this country, but believe me... The people currently agitating for the creation of Biafra will lead the S/Easterners into doom. They are all fighting for their pockets with only few of them being truthful and genuine...
Re: Biafra Referendum : Ipob's Petition On Moveon.org Gathers Huge Momentum by Anikulhapo(m): 8:19pm On Oct 07, 2015
All these yeebos shouting on nairaland should go to biafraland

2 Likes

Re: Biafra Referendum : Ipob's Petition On Moveon.org Gathers Huge Momentum by Nature8(m): 8:24pm On Oct 07, 2015
Very good..
Re: Biafra Referendum : Ipob's Petition On Moveon.org Gathers Huge Momentum by zuchyblink(m): 8:33pm On Oct 07, 2015
Rich4god:
Am for or against the division of this country, but believe me... The people currently agitating for the creation of Biafra will lead the S/Easterners into doom. They are all fighting for their pockets with only few of them being truthful and genuine...
what we need is a sane society,where you will have to make upto 75 percent before securing admission in high schools and not 2/200 cut off mark.
We are also want to have our own seaport,int'l airport,mega cities etc

2 Likes

Re: Biafra Referendum : Ipob's Petition On Moveon.org Gathers Huge Momentum by macolino(m): 8:33pm On Oct 07, 2015
Step by step,almost there

2 Likes

Re: Biafra Referendum : Ipob's Petition On Moveon.org Gathers Huge Momentum by vayne(m): 8:37pm On Oct 07, 2015
Anikulhapo:
All these yeebos shouting on nairaland should go to biafraland
Why not ask se.un who is bringing him money
Re: Biafra Referendum : Ipob's Petition On Moveon.org Gathers Huge Momentum by Codedb2: 8:43pm On Oct 07, 2015
Is it possible for someone to sign 20000 times?

5 Likes

Re: Biafra Referendum : Ipob's Petition On Moveon.org Gathers Huge Momentum by Ngwaukwu1(m): 8:46pm On Oct 07, 2015
And so it begins.

The petition. Though coming in trickles, the petition will gather momentum and more and more people will sign.

This is a human rights issue. It is a moral issue. It is a human issue. And because it is these issues, IPOB must proceed to enlist the support of high profile individuals, celebrities, human rights groups, churches in all the lands where it has branches, to support our cause. It has to appeal to the worlds humanity, to the worlds sense of right and wrong. And also to the worlds sense of guilt . . . .

Before Rwanda, there was Biafra. And the world looked the other way.

So we should let the world know that we do not want to go through Kigali, or plod through the blood soaked paths of Darfur to be able to live our lives on our own terms in a nation that we are proud to call our own. We, the descendants of those who fell as they looked the other way for almost 3 years, know too well the meaning of war. And while we are taught by the holy books to forgive, even if we wanted to we cannot forget. So we choose a different path.

We should let the world know that for the sake of the over 3 million of our brothers, sisters, mothers, fathers, aunts and uncles who were slaughtered as they looked the other way; for their sake, we have chosen the path of peace. For now.

But also for their sake, for the sake of the blood let as our mothers and sisters were raped, shed as the bullets tore through the guts of our unarmed brothers and fathers, soaking and defiling our ancestral lands; for the sake of that blood, which is still being shed even today and which, with pride, courses through the veins of every true Biafran, we must let the world know that if the path of peace fails, we shall fight again. For we have not forgotten. Even if we wanted to.

But we have chosen first the path of peace . . .

5 Likes

Re: Biafra Referendum : Ipob's Petition On Moveon.org Gathers Huge Momentum by Rich4god(m): 8:47pm On Oct 07, 2015
zuchyblink:
what we need is a sane society,where you will have to make upto 75 percent before securing admission in high schools and not 2/200 cut off mark.
We are also want to have our own seaport,int'l airport,mega cities etc
You might not even get such things when we divide. From what I have experienced, if this current people spear heading the creation of Biafra, including those behind radio biafra, the state of Biafra will be in a big mess after its actualization...
Re: Biafra Referendum : Ipob's Petition On Moveon.org Gathers Huge Momentum by Leopardd(m): 9:25pm On Oct 07, 2015
Rich4god:

Maggot, upon everything you read, na SE you see to spell doom for, why u no add Igweocha and Asaba? Are they no longer Igbo cities? Arent they in SS?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Biafra Referendum : Ipob's Petition On Moveon.org Gathers Huge Momentum by cheruv: 9:30pm On Oct 07, 2015
new2020:
Happy to see Igweocha(Port Harcourt) and Asaba leading this struggle. I was in Igweocha few days ago, I can authoritatively tell you that Igweocha is awashed with IPOB members. The so-called artificial divide between Ikwerre and their Igbo brothers has been put to rest. They are now one family fighting for a common cause...restoration of Biafra.

Dee hopeathand,
Lee ma ihe oguogu naekwu o bu eziokwu
Re: Biafra Referendum : Ipob's Petition On Moveon.org Gathers Huge Momentum by SOUNDKING: 9:30pm On Oct 07, 2015
Rich4god:
You might not even get such things when we divide. From what I have experienced, if this current people spear heading the creation of Biafra, including those behind radio biafra, the state of Biafra will be in a big mess after its actualization...
you are living in the past.
Re: Biafra Referendum : Ipob's Petition On Moveon.org Gathers Huge Momentum by Leopardd(m): 9:36pm On Oct 07, 2015
cheruv:

Dee hopeathand,
Lee ma ihe oguogu naekwu o bu eziokwu

Lol, maka Chukwu, I na-acho okwu oh.
Re: Biafra Referendum : Ipob's Petition On Moveon.org Gathers Huge Momentum by Nobody: 9:40pm On Oct 07, 2015
Rich4god:

This yoruba idiot...get away from here.
Re: Biafra Referendum : Ipob's Petition On Moveon.org Gathers Huge Momentum by Obrigardo: 9:42pm On Oct 07, 2015
new2020:

In your dreams. Seun has declared to crackdown on all biafra threads, but why he has not yet began this is where the confusion lies
Re: Biafra Referendum : Ipob's Petition On Moveon.org Gathers Huge Momentum by coolitempa(f): 9:43pm On Oct 07, 2015
grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Seyi Adetayo Spewing Rubbish On Channels TV / Osun Pensioners In Fresh Protest Over Non Payment Of Pensions, Gratuities / Biafrans Finish Governor Wike Online -funny Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.