Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,324 members, 7,819,108 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:26 AM

Osun Pensioners In Fresh Protest Over Non Payment Of Pensions, Gratuities - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osun Pensioners In Fresh Protest Over Non Payment Of Pensions, Gratuities (5272 Views)

Osun: Adeleke Orders Payment Of Pensions / Pictures Of The Faces Of Osun Pensioners That Benefited From Pension Payments / Imo Pensioners Block Govt House Entrance, Demand Payment Of Pensions (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osun Pensioners In Fresh Protest Over Non Payment Of Pensions, Gratuities by Lautechgossip(m): 10:45am On Jul 24, 2018
Pensioners in Osun State hit the streets of Osogbo, the state capital again on Tuesday to stage a fresh protest against the non-payment of their pensions and gratuities.

The retirees said the state government was owing them 18 months pensions because of the modulated payment policy since 2015, adding that many of them who retire since 2011 had not been paid their gratuities.

Hundreds of retirees gathered at Ayetoro area of the town as early as 7am and they marched towards the popular Olaiya Junction singing and praying to God to save them from starvation.

Armed with placards with various inscriptions denouncing the nonpayment of their entitlements, the senior citizens said about 2,500 of their members had died as at March, 2018.

The chairman of the Nigeria Union of Pensioners, Osun State chapter, Alhaji Ganiyu Salawu, said Governor Rauf Aregbesola had refused to pay the 33 per cent as well as the 142 per cent increment implemented for pensioners.

Salawu said, “Majority of our people are dying of hunger. Our entitlement not regular, and the issue of half salaries and pension is very bad. The 33 per cent increase implemented in 2010 has not been implemented. The 142 per cent increment is not paid also.

“We have written letters to the governor but there is no acknowledgement of our letters, we also wrote five reminder letters, still there is no response.

“We don’t have any grudge against the government but we want our entitlements. We are not politicians and no politician is using us, what we what is that out entitlements should be paid so that we can begin to live a decent life. We have worked so hard and now that we are supposed to be eating the fruits of our labour, the government is depriving us.

“Some of our members have been ejected from homes because they can’t pay rent, our children are out of schools. Some of our graduates are jobless, so, how do they take care of themselves let alone their parents.”

The leader of Forum of 201/2012 Retirees, Alhaji Yemi Lawal, said no fewer than 2,500 retirees had died as at March saying the majority of the deceased died due to starvation and frustration.

Lawal said. “The governor is using the money to construct roads and build schools even where there are no pupils.

“A kilometre of road is constructed on the average with N600 million in most states in the country but in Osun, it is N1.2 billion and this is why there is focus on road construction.

“Our people are dying on daily basis and that is why we are out to protest again. We cannot continue to watch this happening on a daily basis. The governor was paid a bailout of N35 billion, Paris club repayment and budget support of N14 billion but he is still owing us. This agitation will continue until we are paid.

We have recorded 2500 deaths among our members as at March this year and a retired headmaster committed such in Ejigbo. We wrote to the lawmakers at the House of Assembly and they have not responded since. The lawmakers are fighting for their pockets.”

The chairperson, Women Wing, Osun State chapter of NUP, Mrs. Ronke Aderibigbe, said returnees had been facing very tough challenges due to the problem of unpaid pensions and gratuities.

She said many retirees had been turned to beggars because of the financial challenges they were facing while calling on the state government to pay them.

http://kikiotolu.com/osun-pensioners-in-fresh-protest-over-non-payment-of-pensions-gratuities/

Re: Osun Pensioners In Fresh Protest Over Non Payment Of Pensions, Gratuities by MANNABBQGRILLS: 10:49am On Jul 24, 2018
We are seeing things.
The coming election in Osun State will shock most people , it will almost be like what happened in Ekiti.
But, the opposition are not getting themselves right also.
Let's wait and watch the way things unfold.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun Pensioners In Fresh Protest Over Non Payment Of Pensions, Gratuities by KingLennon(m): 10:50am On Jul 24, 2018
Keep calm and enjoy the change you voted for grin...

5 Likes

Re: Osun Pensioners In Fresh Protest Over Non Payment Of Pensions, Gratuities by Nobody: 10:50am On Jul 24, 2018
grin
Why does this sound like Ekiti 2.0 bu in favor of PDP this time around
Re: Osun Pensioners In Fresh Protest Over Non Payment Of Pensions, Gratuities by princeade86(m): 10:52am On Jul 24, 2018
22 years mess omisore is talking about.
Re: Osun Pensioners In Fresh Protest Over Non Payment Of Pensions, Gratuities by MimiShopping: 10:52am On Jul 24, 2018
Too bad angry

Re: Osun Pensioners In Fresh Protest Over Non Payment Of Pensions, Gratuities by Nobody: 10:52am On Jul 24, 2018
Protesters sponsored by PDP. Aregbesola is not bad like Fayose in salaries
Re: Osun Pensioners In Fresh Protest Over Non Payment Of Pensions, Gratuities by princeade86(m): 10:52am On Jul 24, 2018
22 years mess omisore is talking about
Re: Osun Pensioners In Fresh Protest Over Non Payment Of Pensions, Gratuities by fedora04: 10:53am On Jul 24, 2018
All this staged protest to discredit the party.. Where una dey since?

Insincerity is the bane of underdevelopment in this country...Quote me!!!
Re: Osun Pensioners In Fresh Protest Over Non Payment Of Pensions, Gratuities by Walexybobo(m): 10:53am On Jul 24, 2018
I can c apc unseat by pdp if this issue is nt tend to. they should learn from fayose downfall.
Re: Osun Pensioners In Fresh Protest Over Non Payment Of Pensions, Gratuities by maxiuc(m): 10:53am On Jul 24, 2018
post=69657042:
We are seeing things.
The coming election in Osun State will shock most people , it will almost be like what haooened in Ekiti.
angry

How do you attend to your customers

Abi na E-BBQ you dey operate

8 Likes

Re: Osun Pensioners In Fresh Protest Over Non Payment Of Pensions, Gratuities by KingLennon(m): 10:54am On Jul 24, 2018
post=69657042:
We are seeing things.
The coming election in Osun State will shock most people , it will almost be like what haooened in Ekiti.
Yea....Say NO to oppression
Re: Osun Pensioners In Fresh Protest Over Non Payment Of Pensions, Gratuities by princeade86(m): 10:54am On Jul 24, 2018
We have recorded 2500 deaths among our members as at March this year and a retired headmaster committed such in Ejigbo. We wrote to the lawmakers at the House of Assembly and they have not responded since. The lawmakers are fighting for their pockets.”too bad to aregbesola.

1 Like

Re: Osun Pensioners In Fresh Protest Over Non Payment Of Pensions, Gratuities by VIPERVENOM(m): 10:56am On Jul 24, 2018
Na now dem wan talk after 4 years.
Re: Osun Pensioners In Fresh Protest Over Non Payment Of Pensions, Gratuities by Godjone(m): 10:57am On Jul 24, 2018
IF UNA LIKE VOTE APC AGAIN

2 Likes

Re: Osun Pensioners In Fresh Protest Over Non Payment Of Pensions, Gratuities by Buffalowings3(m): 10:59am On Jul 24, 2018
Ejimagift:

undecided undecided undecided
Re: Osun Pensioners In Fresh Protest Over Non Payment Of Pensions, Gratuities by adebayo3449(m): 10:59am On Jul 24, 2018
May God help us all
Re: Osun Pensioners In Fresh Protest Over Non Payment Of Pensions, Gratuities by Aladaofada(m): 11:24am On Jul 24, 2018
Ejimagift:
JUST SHUT UP UR MOUTH OR ELSE?

4 Likes

Re: Osun Pensioners In Fresh Protest Over Non Payment Of Pensions, Gratuities by obowunmi(m): 11:27am On Jul 24, 2018
How could the people of Osun state voted Aregbesola twice ?

Keep protesting and don't forget to vote his chief of staff for 500 naira each.... Idiots.

Waiting for the people of Ekiti to protest when Fayemi gives all their land to BokoHoram for free..

1 Like

Re: Osun Pensioners In Fresh Protest Over Non Payment Of Pensions, Gratuities by jokaka89: 11:33am On Jul 24, 2018
Can you see how heartless you are.
Take for example,YOUR DAD AND MUM are not paid
their entitlement by the government and you are a graduate still collecting money from your parent.
WHAT WILL YOU SAY.
I have people like you here in the barracks here trying to join Army at age 36.
I PITY YOU
Ejimagift:

4 Likes

Re: Osun Pensioners In Fresh Protest Over Non Payment Of Pensions, Gratuities by shoxyfresh: 11:37am On Jul 24, 2018
its quite unfortunate, i feel like crying because my dad is part of this folks fighting for their right...i graduated in school and i felt i was hated by him because of the financial support withdrawn by him, i dont have you to blame, i love you dad...well to those it may concern, i can vividly tell you that salary earning is the 21st century modern slavery system especially with state and local governments...Entrepreneurship matters

5 Likes

Re: Osun Pensioners In Fresh Protest Over Non Payment Of Pensions, Gratuities by ifko: 12:14pm On Jul 24, 2018
obowunmi:
How could the people of Osun state voted Aregbesola twice ?

Keep protesting and don't forget to vote his chief of staff for 500 naira each.... Idiots.

Waiting for the people of Ekiti to protest when Fayemi gives all their land to BokoHoram for free..
He massively rigged the second term election. The man nah master crafter

3 Likes

Re: Osun Pensioners In Fresh Protest Over Non Payment Of Pensions, Gratuities by olayide01(m): 12:38pm On Jul 24, 2018
Ejimagift:
Aregbesola is worst, by paying irregular half salaries. people are suffering in osun. except by rigging, apc won't win

2 Likes

Re: Osun Pensioners In Fresh Protest Over Non Payment Of Pensions, Gratuities by biuti(f): 1:43pm On Jul 24, 2018
Very wicked soul. God will arrest and judge him. Workers and pensioners are dying everyday for real in Osun state.

1 Like

Re: Osun Pensioners In Fresh Protest Over Non Payment Of Pensions, Gratuities by Nobody: 1:45pm On Jul 24, 2018
[quote author=shoxyfresh post=69658888]its quite unfortunate, i feel like crying because my dad is part of this folks fighting for their right...i graduated in school and i felt i was hated by him because of the financial support withdrawn by him, i dont have you to blame, i love you dad...well to those it may concern, i can vividly tell you that salary earning is the 21st century modern slavery system especially with state and local governments...Entrepreneurship matters(/quotes)
i can relate to this quote]my dad is a retired teacher/headmaster and osun state govt is still owning him twelve months half salary and he has been a retiree for almost 2years.Things are quite tough in osun state at the moment...currently owning fee for a whole session,last semester was horrible and i had to read/go for night class on empty stomach and i remember that i was almost sent out of the exam hall till i zeroed my mind and told the lecturer pointblank that i won't leave the hall because aregbesola is owning my dad too

1 Like

Re: Osun Pensioners In Fresh Protest Over Non Payment Of Pensions, Gratuities by biuti(f): 1:49pm On Jul 24, 2018
fedora04:
All this staged protest to discredit the party.. Where una dey since?

Insincerity is the bane of underdevelopment in this country...Quote me!!!

Are you saying they are lying? Why don't you come to Osun and see things yourself?

1 Like

Re: Osun Pensioners In Fresh Protest Over Non Payment Of Pensions, Gratuities by biuti(f): 1:51pm On Jul 24, 2018
VIPERVENOM:
Na now dem wan talk after 4 years.

If you don't read news, I'll tell you, they're always protesting.

1 Like

Re: Osun Pensioners In Fresh Protest Over Non Payment Of Pensions, Gratuities by biuti(f): 1:55pm On Jul 24, 2018
KingLennon:
Keep calm and enjoy the change you voted for grin...
Godjone:
IF UNA LIKE VOTE APC AGAIN

Why do you people talk about who voted him in when we talk about workers?
These Government workers in Osun are very few compared to the population of the state, and they didn't vote him.
It is the large illitrate masses he was able to misslead and manipulate through his lies and false claims on media that voted him and him and his party are also expert in election rigging.

But even most of the illitrates now understand what is going on now. If you see crowd around him now, know that they are paid crowd.

2 Likes

Re: Osun Pensioners In Fresh Protest Over Non Payment Of Pensions, Gratuities by khello5(m): 2:05pm On Jul 24, 2018
Ejimagift:
u must be high. Do u reside in Osun or are U a civil servant in my state? Osun is owing 36 months half salary and DAT equals to 18months full salary. Get ur facts right

1 Like

Re: Osun Pensioners In Fresh Protest Over Non Payment Of Pensions, Gratuities by blazer2018: 4:12pm On Jul 24, 2018
Hmm...drama everywhere
Re: Osun Pensioners In Fresh Protest Over Non Payment Of Pensions, Gratuities by hernandson(m): 5:48pm On Jul 24, 2018
Ejimagift:
will you keep quiet, my mum hasn't received her salary for a year and 6month,shes retired and even when it's time for gratuity they select few and pay them

(1) (2) (Reply)

Biafrans Finish Governor Wike Online -funny Pictures / Nnamdi Kanu Takes Selfie As He Arrives Court PHOTOS / 10 Billion People Have Read Chimamanda Letter To President Biden. Tweet.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.