Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,341 members, 7,811,991 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:13 AM

I Want To Start A Career In Software Development - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / I Want To Start A Career In Software Development (6850 Views)

Entrepreneurs In Software Development. / Promising Career In Software Development / Msc In Software Engineering (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Start A Career In Software Development by willace(m): 10:55pm On Oct 07, 2015
My dream is to become a Software engineer. I dream of it every day. Right now am no longer thinking of going 2 school full time because of the nature of unemployment in our dear country. I just intend 2 study part time dats is if I even want 2 go school. I just want 2 learn d necessary things Dat I need 2 create a successful software company Because software is D future. Pls guys I need ur advice

1 Like

Re: I Want To Start A Career In Software Development by royal231(m): 11:27pm On Oct 07, 2015
Mr too.. who can be of help .. also can I learn online?
Re: I Want To Start A Career In Software Development by talk2hb1(m): 6:31am On Oct 08, 2015
willace:
My dream is to become a Software engineer. I dream of it every day. Right now am no longer thinking of going 2 school full time because of the nature of unemployment in our dear country. I just intend 2 study part time dats is if I even want 2 go school. I just want 2 learn d necessary things Dat I need 2 create a successful software company Because software is D future. Pls guys I need ur advice
First You Guys must go to School, despite the fact that I am not a school fan their is no alternative to education.
Bad education is better than an noneducational. And Second of all Software Engineer don't code they design software.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Start A Career In Software Development by nnamdiosu(m): 6:47am On Oct 08, 2015
willace:

first, I admire ur courage and zeal. however ALTHOUGH GOING TO SCHOOL IS NOT AN ASSURANCE OF MAKING IT IN LIFE, I STILL WOULD ADVICE YOU TO GET AN EDUCATION WHILE TIU PURSUE UR DREAM. NO KNOWLEDGE IS WASTED..2. to study software engineering you have two choices, a. get a mentor,to train you while you also train ur self (self development) or enroll in a school e.v aptech, hiit or niit. (tutored development). the first is longer, cheap and frustrating, time consuming but rewarding and impartive. the second is expensive, quick , enjoyable and rewarding. so.....make ur choice
Re: I Want To Start A Career In Software Development by FincoApps(m): 8:54am On Oct 08, 2015
Did you go to Aptech smiley
nnamdiosu:

first, I admire ur courage and zeal. however ALTHOUGH GOING TO SCHOOL IS NOT AN ASSURANCE OF MAKING IT IN LIFE, I STILL WOULD ADVICE YOU TO GET AN EDUCATION WHILE TIU PURSUE UR DREAM. NO KNOWLEDGE IS WASTED..2. to study software engineering you have two choices, a. get a mentor,to train you while you also train ur self (self development) or enroll in a school e.v aptech, hiit or niit. (tutored development). the first is longer, cheap and frustrating, time consuming but rewarding and impartive. the second is expensive, quick , enjoyable and rewarding. so.....make ur choice

1 Like

Re: I Want To Start A Career In Software Development by willace(m): 10:24am On Oct 08, 2015
Am thinking of going to NIIT while also studying part time. I have also been taking online courses on software. Pls how good is dis?
Re: I Want To Start A Career In Software Development by nnamdiosu(m): 10:56am On Oct 08, 2015
FincoApps:
Did you go to Aptech smiley
no. niit
Re: I Want To Start A Career In Software Development by Nobody: 1:37pm On Oct 08, 2015
Oh yeah, don't compromise education because you Wonna start a dream, you forget that it takes like almost forever to get thru a proposal to big organisations these days. So while you wait, you might be employed in a company... and they don't employ illiterate, sorry.

Wish you luck all the same.
Re: I Want To Start A Career In Software Development by vladimiros: 4:59pm On Oct 08, 2015
talk2hb1:

First You Guys must go to School, despite the fact that I am not a school fan their is no alternative to education.
Bad education is better than an noneducational. And Second of all Software Engineer don't code they design software.

Not true at all... you are half right

soft ware engineers according to Google technical dev Guide are too write codes in Java, python, C and the rest

software engineers both write and design software

1 Like

Re: I Want To Start A Career In Software Development by talk2hb1(m): 5:13pm On Oct 08, 2015
vladimiros:

Not true at all... you are half right

soft ware engineers according to Google technical dev Guide are too write codes in Java, python, C and the rest

software engineers both write and design software
Google Me AZZ, did you check out what Software Engineering is as a course even on Wikipedia?
Re: I Want To Start A Career In Software Development by toystars: 9:38pm On Oct 08, 2015
willace:

Go to school bro. You can always learn Software Engineering while still in school. Kill two birds with a stone...
Re: I Want To Start A Career In Software Development by vladimiros: 10:23pm On Oct 08, 2015
talk2hb1:

Google Me AZZ, did you check out what Software Engineering is as a course even on Wikipedia?

Mate on google guidr to technical development they said it.

Secondly i am a computer science student. I know what i am saying we must be able to write onject oriented code and design with it
Re: I Want To Start A Career In Software Development by talk2hb1(m): 2:37am On Oct 09, 2015
vladimiros:

Mate on google guidr to technical development they said it.

Secondly i am a computer science student. I know what i am saying we must be able to write onject oriented code and design with it
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_engineering
I ain't no Computer Science Graduate nor a Computer School attendant but................
Re: I Want To Start A Career In Software Development by Nobody: 4:43am On Oct 09, 2015
talk2hb1:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_engineering
I ain't no Computer Science Graduate nor a Computer School attendant but................

No buts here. One who doesn't go to school, one way or the very other would shy and lock out when the time comes. Don't ever endeavour to join illiteracy with computer science or any other job. You don't know where your blessing comes
Re: I Want To Start A Career In Software Development by talk2hb1(m): 10:24am On Oct 09, 2015
gimakon:

No buts here. One who doesn't go to school, one way or the very other would shy and lock out when the time comes. Don't ever endeavour to join illiteracy with computer science or any other job. You don't know where your blessing comes
Noted SAH lipsrsealed
Re: I Want To Start A Career In Software Development by datoms: 3:58pm On Oct 10, 2015
That is a good drive, but if you are thinking not to go to school, then be ready to give 100% determination and commitment, that is the only plan B involved
Re: I Want To Start A Career In Software Development by Raypawer(m): 7:53pm On Oct 10, 2015
My brother if you have the opportunity to go to school please do!, Going to School will not stop your Dream, meanwhile, Good Drive, keep the Fire Burning..
Re: I Want To Start A Career In Software Development by Nobody: 10:58pm On Oct 10, 2015
can a medical student still learn this stuff?but i am more interested in apps development(mobile nd web apps) and hacking.
please where do i start?
Re: I Want To Start A Career In Software Development by talk2hb1(m): 8:14am On Oct 11, 2015
FINgames:
can a medical student still learn this stuff?but i am more interested in apps development(mobile nd web apps) and hacking.
please where do i start?
Yes of Course, In fact one of our adorable programmer on Nairaland (DHTML) undecided is a medical Doctor, I once worked for Professor of Neuron Surgeon who can also program.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Start A Career In Software Development by Supermiy: 1:41pm On Oct 11, 2015
FINgames:
please where do i start?
yes Keh..start With Programming First I'd Suggest Python Or C..Cause Even For Hacking Scripting Is Very Useful..Goodluck Bro
Re: I Want To Start A Career In Software Development by Nobody: 11:37pm On Oct 11, 2015
Supermiy:
yes Keh..start With Programming First I'd Suggest Python Or C..Cause Even For Hacking Scripting Is Very Useful..Goodluck Bro
tanks.
Re: I Want To Start A Career In Software Development by liliian(f): 6:51pm On Oct 26, 2015
datoms:
That is a good drive, but if you are thinking not to go to school, then be ready to give 100% determination and commitment, that is the only plan B involved

Can you help with this please?i am paying.

https://www.nairaland.com/2685865/need-assignment-java-programming
Re: I Want To Start A Career In Software Development by Nobody: 9:32pm On Oct 26, 2015
You can join us an learn Java @ http://www.chinazomidoko..com
Re: I Want To Start A Career In Software Development by bluelagos: 11:14am On Apr 23, 2018
liliian:

Can you help with this please?i am paying.

https://www.nairaland.com/2685865/need-assignment-java-programming

By all means go to school if you can. If not, take a Python/Django course at Anchorsoft Academy and change your life.
They are really good and I will always recommend them whenever I can.

https://www.anchorsoftng.com/
Re: I Want To Start A Career In Software Development by Ayshakhan922(m): 1:59pm On Nov 19, 2019
A huge number of various programming languages have been made, and more are being made each year. By different estimations, the number of production-ready programming languages in the world varies from 400 to 600. Many programming languages are written in a basic structure. It's not hard to pick out the TOP-10 of leaders from all the variety of languages. More info here.
Re: I Want To Start A Career In Software Development by followersuk: 2:00pm On Nov 21, 2019
Post Articles and Links on Nairaland - Nairaland forum is one of the ... Create a new topic, filling in all the obligatory fields and save (post) it to ...by<a href="http://buyactivefollowersuk.co.uk/"> buyfollowersuk</a>
Re: I Want To Start A Career In Software Development by Horlarwaileh(m): 11:44am On Jan 22, 2020
talk2hb1:

But can someone design software without coding
Re: I Want To Start A Career In Software Development by talk2hb1(m): 1:27pm On Jan 22, 2020
Horlarwaileh:
But can someone design software without coding
Of Course, You Can
Re: I Want To Start A Career In Software Development by Afrocodez: 5:45pm On Jan 27, 2021
This should give you a guide on how to achieve your dream career.

From Car Wash Attendant To Software Developer

Let me take you through the pages of my software development journey. I started considering programming when my friend got his first job as a developer.

We have lived together for a while and so I knew what his life practice was. My friend struggled to afford the basics of life.

His last routine before he became a software developer was going to a car wash not too far from home to hustle_ not caring what anyone thought of him but rather what he taught of himself.

He would leave early in the morning and return around 7:00pm in the evening. Then he would pick up his long programming notes and study. He would sleep briefly before the power would be restored. He would wake up around 11:30pm or so to the flourish of fluorescent bulbs after light had been restored. Then he would spend the rest of the night coding and researching until power trips off at 4:30am or so after which he’d connect to his kettle, perform ablution and then say his night prayers.

He blew his very first interview and got a job. That means: from a car wash attendant to a software developer.

I followed the same path; I blew my very first interview and got my first job along with a few freelance jobs. Mine happening within a year. Now I freelance at www.afrocodez.com and give programming tips on Afrocodez Media Channel.

The moral of the story is: my friend knew the hell of the programming language he was learning likewise I. And that's quality. And the reward? Obviously not having to wait for years before getting a job or projects to work on.

I wish you a life filled with quality inputs met with complimentary quality rewards.

Complete the read here:

http://www.afrocodez.com/posts
Re: I Want To Start A Career In Software Development by daryur01(m): 6:56pm On Jan 27, 2021

(1) (2) (Reply)

Criticism Of Object Oriented Programming / Pls Help With Python Problem / Python Tutorial Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.