Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,518 members, 7,816,257 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:22 AM

It's Not About Making The Right Or Wrong Decisions, But The BEST Decisions! - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / It's Not About Making The Right Or Wrong Decisions, But The BEST Decisions! (382 Views)

Financial Decisions You Shouldn’t Be In A Rush To Make As Entry Level Employee / I Am About Making A Decision That Would Cost Me My I.T Placement: Advice / Making The Most Out Of What You Have! Petroleum Engineer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

It's Not About Making The Right Or Wrong Decisions, But The BEST Decisions! by Nobody: 8:30am On Oct 08, 2015
In the whirlwind of this world, making the "right" decisions is nearly impossible. Pressures come from every direction: personal, professional, societal, even spiritual. When you sit back and think about how much of our lives are burdened by outside pressures, it's enough to drive us all crazy. Speaking from personal experience, I can recall dozens of times where trying to make the”right” decision (as if there were such a thing) frustrated me more than the decision itself.

What I know for sure is that there are decisions. Good or bad. There's what we decide to do, and what we don't. And it is only the outcome (which you cannot predict) that will determine whether it was indeed a right or wrong, good or bad, decision. As one of my mentors once told me, the worst decision ever made, is the decision not to decide. The second best decision is to decide and to be wrong. And the best decision of all is to decide and be correct. Either way, the only way we truly lose or miss out on anything is when we fail to make any kind of decision.

If you're having difficulty making decisions in your life, there's one thing I'd like to suggest, and that's writing down your thoughts. It sounds trivial, but writing out my thoughts has helped me reach a state of clarity and focus that I was unable to achieve while juggling the same thoughts and ideas around in my head. For me, writing helps me focus not only on the decision at hand, but also why the decision is important. Or even if it is important at all.

When we operate from a clear state of mind, decisions are much easier to make. Because we then view them not from a place of right or wrong, but rather whether or not that decision suits our needs; either in the short term or the long. You see, what I've learned is that life is not about making the right or wrong decisions, it's about making the BEST decisions given our circumstances. It's about being able to evaluate whatever information (thoughts, ideas, feelings) is in your mind so you can make a solid decision from a rational stance. This is particularly helpful when dealing with life decisions with multiple options requiring us to prioritize between them.

But sometimes, there are instances where writing things down didn't help as well as I'd hoped. That's where the spiritual nature of things comes into play.

I have found that when I make decisions from a place of faith and peace -- which comes after attaining a state of relaxation -- that our decisions and options became even more clearer, and a lot easier to make. Not so much the decisions that made the most sense rationally: I'm not talking about those that would allow me to make more money, or put us in a better position or circumstances. But decisions that what would stay firm in the heart. Decisions that we didn’t have to understand, but based on the fact that we came to that decision from within a state of peace and faith, we find ourselves left in an ever greater state of peace after the decision has been made. Which is always a wonderful and beautiful thing.

A strong faith in being guided by a force greater than us in every way is a powerful thing. When we put our lives in the hands of God, and allow Him to speak to us in peace: decisions can never be anything but perfect!

~ Ra

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Do You Have A 8- 5 Job And Considering Starting A Business.. / Special Training On Sage 50 (peachtree) Accounting For Fresh Graduates / My One Year Anniversary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.