Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,704 members, 7,816,885 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:24 PM

Lawyer As A Minister Of Works?......this Is Not The Change We Voted For - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lawyer As A Minister Of Works?......this Is Not The Change We Voted For (1707 Views)

Today March 28, It's Exactly A Year We Voted For Buhari, Do You Regret? / Why Femi Falana Was Not Made A Minister - Sahara Reporters / Suggest A Portfolio For Lai Mohammed And Amaechi As A Minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lawyer As A Minister Of Works?......this Is Not The Change We Voted For by alpontif(m): 5:21pm On Oct 08, 2015
Placing Square pegs in Square holes is one of the signs of sanity in a system or Individual.

The Act of placing Administrators who have no experience or professional qualification in Engineering Infrastructure Design, Management and Construction as Ministers of Works should Stop.

This action has been part of the reason why the Ministry of works has over the years lacked the Strategic Direction to help in Infrastructural development in Nigeria.

We are in an Era of Change, and this Change should be reflected in the Professional Competence and relevance of anybody appointed as a Minister of Works.

There is no way you will make an Engineer a Minister of Justice, or a Minister of Health.. What Reasons does the Government of Nigeria have for making a Lawyer a Minister of Works in Nigeria?

This is not acceptable, and we demand Change!!!!
Re: Lawyer As A Minister Of Works?......this Is Not The Change We Voted For by 4reala(m): 5:23pm On Oct 08, 2015
Wat? Them don begin share port folio neh

1 Like

Re: Lawyer As A Minister Of Works?......this Is Not The Change We Voted For by alpontif(m): 5:28pm On Oct 08, 2015
Information from Credible sources state that they(The Presidency) are trying to position Barrister Adebayo Shittu of Oyo State as the Minister for Works.
Re: Lawyer As A Minister Of Works?......this Is Not The Change We Voted For by yanabasee(m): 5:41pm On Oct 08, 2015
We were told that Buhari wants to take his time to appoint credible persons to run his government with....

But yet, his appointments so far doesn't deem him worthy of his stance as an incorruptible president...

I will NEVER take Buhari serious!

1 Like

Re: Lawyer As A Minister Of Works?......this Is Not The Change We Voted For by Jorussia(m): 6:10pm On Oct 08, 2015
alpontif:
Placing Square pegs in Square holes is one of the signs of sanity in a system or Individual.

The Act of placing Administrators who have no experience or professional qualification in Engineering Infrastructure Design, Management and Construction as Ministers of Works should Stop.

This action has been part of the reason why the Ministry of works has over the years lacked the Strategic Direction to help in Infrastructural development in Nigeria.

We are in an Era of Change, and this Change should be reflected in the Professional Competence and relevance of anybody appointed as a Minister of Works.

There is no way you will make an Engineer a Minister of Justice, or a Minister of Health.. What Reasons does the Government of Nigeria have for making a Lawyer a Minister of Works in Nigeria?

Is Dr.Ibe kachukwu a petroleum engineer?

4 Likes

Re: Lawyer As A Minister Of Works?......this Is Not The Change We Voted For by mikolo80: 2:35am On Oct 09, 2015
alpontif:

must you be an engineer to supervise the building of your house. common sense na. you go school na.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lawyer As A Minister Of Works?......this Is Not The Change We Voted For by mikolo80: 2:36am On Oct 09, 2015
Jorussia:
was ffk a pilot

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lawyer As A Minister Of Works?......this Is Not The Change We Voted For by mikolo80: 2:36am On Oct 09, 2015
Jorussia:
was ffk a pilot or puff puff mouth an accountant

while justice is specified by Constitution
only that doctors will not accept nurse or pharmacist
another profession can lead health

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lawyer As A Minister Of Works?......this Is Not The Change We Voted For by oderemo(m): 3:06am On Oct 09, 2015
mikolo80:
must you be an engineer to supervise the building of your house. common sense na. you go school na.
This answer my thought, you reason like a typical Nija. Only in Nigeria I c archytec on building site rather than structural/ mechanical engy.
Y, cos we want to cut down on cost. Until right pple are in position . Nigeria will have structures not more than 5 stories high, trust me.
Re: Lawyer As A Minister Of Works?......this Is Not The Change We Voted For by OrlandoOwoh(m): 3:09am On Oct 09, 2015
What was the impact of the last Minister of Works, Onolomemen, who is an architect?

2 Likes

Re: Lawyer As A Minister Of Works?......this Is Not The Change We Voted For by oderemo(m): 3:12am On Oct 09, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:
What was the impact of the last Minister of Works, Onolomemen, who is an architect?
Can u read my post again pls.
Re: Lawyer As A Minister Of Works?......this Is Not The Change We Voted For by mikolo80: 5:13pm On Oct 09, 2015
oderemo:

This answer my thought, you reason like a typical Nija. Only in Nigeria I c archytec on building site rather than structural/ mechanical engy.
Y, cos we want to cut down on cost. Until right pple are in position . Nigeria will have structures not more than 5 stories high, trust me.
are you an engineer
so you will not build house because you are not an engineer
minister of federal republic does not need to cut cost
he will hire the best...in fact enough engineers in ministry of works sef
Re: Lawyer As A Minister Of Works?......this Is Not The Change We Voted For by alpontif(m): 5:48pm On Oct 13, 2015
mikolo80:

Apples and Oranges Bro, Apples and Oranges.....Thats what you are comparing. An Engineer does not build a House, A Builder does that. That is why we have Building Technology Studied in School, the fact that some people assume that you need an Engineer to build a house in Nigeria doesnt menat that is the Proper Thing. If you want to build a bridge, You call an Engineer, If you want to plan Infrastructure, You call an Engineer, Not an Architech, Not a Doctor, not a Lawyer. You call an Engineer to plan, design, build and manage your Infrastructure for you, That, among manay other reasons is Why an Engineer should be the Minister of works in Nigeria. So, who is the one that is not using comon sense now...Bro?
Re: Lawyer As A Minister Of Works?......this Is Not The Change We Voted For by alpontif(m): 5:54pm On Oct 13, 2015
Jorussia:

Part of the reason why we have not progressed beyond this point in Nigeria is that we have a populace that is Mentally LAZY, and refuse to leave the land of egypt because they will not have onions and lentils to eat.

Stop comparing apples and Oranges.

The NNPC is an income generating Entity, purposefull created to MAKE mONEY FOR nIGERIA. Even Dangote will be able to Run NNPC marvelously.

The Ministry of Works is a Federal Entity Designed to Over see Infrastructural Development in Nigeria, an Expert Needs to be in Charge Here, Not a Lawyer.

Ceteris Paribus.
Re: Lawyer As A Minister Of Works?......this Is Not The Change We Voted For by StOla: 6:18pm On Oct 13, 2015
The only ministerial position that cannot be occupied by someone who is not a professional in that field is Attorney General. That's because the occupier of that office is required to function as an Attorney for the government and country.

Not even Health ministry can insist on having a medical professional at the helm. A health minister would never have to function in any medical capacity.
Re: Lawyer As A Minister Of Works?......this Is Not The Change We Voted For by Dannyset(m): 6:27pm On Oct 13, 2015
And President Buhari has called you and inform you on who his Minister of Works is? You people should pls stop this rubbish lifestyle that you can't do without.
Wait for the appropriate time to wail, don't wail anyhow. Don't be a coward that dies before its time.
Re: Lawyer As A Minister Of Works?......this Is Not The Change We Voted For by Alphaoscar: 6:39pm On Oct 13, 2015
oderemo:

Archywhat?
Re: Lawyer As A Minister Of Works?......this Is Not The Change We Voted For by LordMecuzy(m): 6:45pm On Oct 13, 2015
Alphaoscar:

Archywhat?

Bros pity am Abeg na
Re: Lawyer As A Minister Of Works?......this Is Not The Change We Voted For by mikolo80: 6:58pm On Oct 13, 2015
alpontif:

Apples and Oranges Bro, Apples and Oranges.....Thats what you are comparing. An Engineer does not build a House, A Builder does that. That is why we have Building Technology Studied in School, the fact that some people assume that you need an Engineer to build a house in Nigeria doesnt menat that is the Proper Thing. If you want to build a bridge, You call an Engineer, If you want to plan Infrastructure, You call an Engineer, Not an Architech, Not a Doctor, not a Lawyer. You call an Engineer to plan, design, build and manage your Infrastructure for you, That, among manay other reasons is Why an Engineer should be the Minister of works in Nigeria. So, who is the one that is not using comon sense now...Bro?
you see this right here.
I'm learning
I'm not an engineer not a builder or architect
but I just got an education
same thing you need in a leader
not paper qualifications
we just need ppl who are willing to learn everyday
pdp were not that kind of ppl
apc has a few
in the absence of plenty
well manage the few
all I'm saying is you need politicians
or you don't get the opportunity to change anythin
gotta win first
is all I'm saying
I'm sure you've heard from the screening that we have knowledgeable ppl
all we need now are willing and dedicated ppl
fingers crossed

(1) (Reply)

IPOB Member Shot Dead By A Soldier During The Protest / N29bn Out Of Stolen Police Pension Fund Recovered, Returned To FG / An Open Letter To Seun(nairaland's CEO) And His Team.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.