Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,139 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:58 AM

Many UNILAG Students On Field Trip From Ilaro Currently Trapped In Sango As - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Many UNILAG Students On Field Trip From Ilaro Currently Trapped In Sango As (45042 Views)

Zambian School Boy Trapped In A Tree Cleft While Playing / Two UNILAG Students Die In Hotel Fire (Photos) / Where Can Physics Students Go For EXCUSSION (FIELD TRIP) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Many UNILAG Students On Field Trip From Ilaro Currently Trapped In Sango As by akksplendor: 10:02pm On Oct 08, 2015
UNILAG Geology students trapped in Sango as their buses break down for hours, accuse management of risking their lives

Some Geology student of UNILAG have written in to splendormag this night to complain that they are currently stranded somewhere in Iyana Ipaja after their bus broke down as they are on their way from a field trip in Ilaro. They are blaming the school authority for showing a lackadaisically attitude.

Read what one of them wrote in...

Please, on behalf of Geology students of UNILAG, I want to notify you about of our dilema at the moment. We went on field trip in Ilaro, organised by the school. We went in the school buses. They were supposed to go with 4, but one of the buses was bad and we had to go with just 3 while some students had to stand in the bus throughout the journey. On getting to the place,we felt disappointed because the visit was meaningless to us as we didn't spend up to an hour before we started heading back to Lagos again. On our way back to Lagos just this night, one of the buses broke down in a lowly part around Sango. We got a Mechanic to fix it. Now, on getting to Iyana Ipaja, another bus broke down again. The sad thing is that it was only one lecturer who joined the students in one of the buses. The other lecturers were in their private fully air-conditioned cars. When one of the buses broke down, the other buses waited with just one lecturer with us while the other lecturers abandoned us there and went their ways. Since 8:10pm up till this moment(9:50pm), the lecturer left us in the bus with another person to look for a Mechanic at Iyana IPaja area. We couldn't find any Mechanic due to the rain. And It's only this lecturer commanding the 3 buses. The lecturer told us that we can't come out of the buses, so that people don't know exactly what's going on. He said he doesn't want members of the public to make a news out of it. Some of us who parked our cars on the school premises before going to Ilaro in the school buses told the lecturer to allow us leave and get our cars from the school premises instead of waiting for this broken down bus to be fixed, the lecturer is now saying that we must write a letter of permission at the spot before we can leave. And we need to go home to our families. I'm a married woman, my children and husband are worried.

Some of my school mates here are telling me this is one of the most dangerous places in lagos which the police recently asked people to steer clear of at night. But here we are stuck there.

It's so sad that UNILAG is putting our lives in danger. Imagine being out at a place like this at this time of the night. Not even in Nigeria of nowadays that we hear about crimes everywhere. The Lagos Police PRO is already aware of this because I heard some of the students have called him. Please I want the public to know that should anything bad happens to us, UNILAG management is to blame. Thank you."
http://www.splendormag.com/2015/10/unilag-geology-students-trapped-in.html

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Many UNILAG Students On Field Trip From Ilaro Currently Trapped In Sango As by buzquet(m): 10:06pm On Oct 08, 2015
Haters will be like, Buhari is a fool for allowing this to happen.

Av been waiting for this time of first to comment!!!!!

This Is A Sign That Market go come tomorrow at alaba market

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Many UNILAG Students On Field Trip From Ilaro Currently Trapped In Sango As by walanter(m): 10:07pm On Oct 08, 2015
Hmmm

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Many UNILAG Students On Field Trip From Ilaro Currently Trapped In Sango As by damton(m): 10:07pm On Oct 08, 2015
This is field trip gone awry.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Many UNILAG Students On Field Trip From Ilaro Currently Trapped In Sango As by Winna01(m): 10:07pm On Oct 08, 2015
eh ya

2 Likes

Re: Many UNILAG Students On Field Trip From Ilaro Currently Trapped In Sango As by Damalex4luv(m): 10:07pm On Oct 08, 2015
Nonsense news on front page undecided undecided, may thunder fire the left yansh of the moderator wey put this kind news for front page.

95 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Many UNILAG Students On Field Trip From Ilaro Currently Trapped In Sango As by walanter(m): 10:07pm On Oct 08, 2015
Hmm

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Many UNILAG Students On Field Trip From Ilaro Currently Trapped In Sango As by braine(m): 10:07pm On Oct 08, 2015
Nonsense. I don't see the news in this story.

Anyway, While the story is totally of no use, you can track and see how your favorite songs are being played in over 260 Radio and Tv stations across Nigeria on [url=musiktrak.com]MusikTrak[/url]

9 Likes

Re: Many UNILAG Students On Field Trip From Ilaro Currently Trapped In Sango As by temmyt20(m): 10:07pm On Oct 08, 2015
sowi o

1 Like

Re: Many UNILAG Students On Field Trip From Ilaro Currently Trapped In Sango As by BE811APP: 10:07pm On Oct 08, 2015
Chai...

Lots of things are wrong with this Country..

By the way.. I don't support anything like escursion or field trip for any level of education.. Primary.. Secondary schools or at university level..

Accidents and unimagenable things happen...

But Iyana ipaja.. Una don reach Lag na

Maybe some students are catching their trips in some of the buses..

2 Likes

Re: Many UNILAG Students On Field Trip From Ilaro Currently Trapped In Sango As by ignis: 10:08pm On Oct 08, 2015
k
Re: Many UNILAG Students On Field Trip From Ilaro Currently Trapped In Sango As by repogirl(f): 10:08pm On Oct 08, 2015
That's Nigeria for you.
Re: Many UNILAG Students On Field Trip From Ilaro Currently Trapped In Sango As by abdulahi001: 10:08pm On Oct 08, 2015
Ok
Re: Many UNILAG Students On Field Trip From Ilaro Currently Trapped In Sango As by born2lead01: 10:08pm On Oct 08, 2015
Eeya sorry o
Re: Many UNILAG Students On Field Trip From Ilaro Currently Trapped In Sango As by laurel03(m): 10:08pm On Oct 08, 2015
Thank God say Iyana ipaja no get Fulani herdsmen or kidnappers.....

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Many UNILAG Students On Field Trip From Ilaro Currently Trapped In Sango As by kfrosh: 10:08pm On Oct 08, 2015
They can just make the best use of the opportunity and turn the field trip into a fun road trip wink

2 Likes

Re: Many UNILAG Students On Field Trip From Ilaro Currently Trapped In Sango As by hensben(m): 10:08pm On Oct 08, 2015
Okay
Re: Many UNILAG Students On Field Trip From Ilaro Currently Trapped In Sango As by Nobody: 10:09pm On Oct 08, 2015
Breaking down of vehicle is also experience.

2 Likes

Re: Many UNILAG Students On Field Trip From Ilaro Currently Trapped In Sango As by VickyRotex(f): 10:09pm On Oct 08, 2015
Mama don vex.

Worry not, You guys will be fine.

1 Like

Re: Many UNILAG Students On Field Trip From Ilaro Currently Trapped In Sango As by dave2meek(m): 10:09pm On Oct 08, 2015
God will protect you guyz
Re: Many UNILAG Students On Field Trip From Ilaro Currently Trapped In Sango As by Suspect33(m): 10:09pm On Oct 08, 2015
*wipes tears off* ... Man's inhumanity to man, God will protect you ma

2 Likes

Re: Many UNILAG Students On Field Trip From Ilaro Currently Trapped In Sango As by Nobody: 10:09pm On Oct 08, 2015
What a pathetic situation!

They had better not take the WRONG TURN...their delimma reminds me of all these horror movies

It's well

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Many UNILAG Students On Field Trip From Ilaro Currently Trapped In Sango As by gbenga4sure(m): 10:10pm On Oct 08, 2015
Abeg wetin u expect may i do.Shey na me be d schl authority ni.
If u bliv some unimportant news abt higher institutions should not be moved to front page anymore pls click like or share if not.
Nairaland is more than O.A.U,UNILAG,UI,UNIILORIN,UNN,FUNAAB,ZIK,FUTA,FUTO

3 Likes

Re: Many UNILAG Students On Field Trip From Ilaro Currently Trapped In Sango As by Ibime(m): 10:10pm On Oct 08, 2015
Na news be this? Na only una bus done breakdown before?

11 Likes

Re: Many UNILAG Students On Field Trip From Ilaro Currently Trapped In Sango As by kinibigdeal(m): 10:10pm On Oct 08, 2015
Ok

2 Likes

Re: Many UNILAG Students On Field Trip From Ilaro Currently Trapped In Sango As by 360ng: 10:10pm On Oct 08, 2015
ok
Re: Many UNILAG Students On Field Trip From Ilaro Currently Trapped In Sango As by mysticgal(f): 10:11pm On Oct 08, 2015
I dunno whether the university commission do not check the state and facilities of some universities before giving accreditation
Re: Many UNILAG Students On Field Trip From Ilaro Currently Trapped In Sango As by Nobody: 10:11pm On Oct 08, 2015
unilag with one problem or the other
Re: Many UNILAG Students On Field Trip From Ilaro Currently Trapped In Sango As by Lousymouth(m): 10:12pm On Oct 08, 2015
Whats up with UNILAG and Negative News this days?

1 Like

Re: Many UNILAG Students On Field Trip From Ilaro Currently Trapped In Sango As by nairaman66(m): 10:12pm On Oct 08, 2015
buzquet:
G

G= Greed?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Hnd Is Now B.tech Degree In All Nigerian Polytechnics / #11 Million Tuition Per Year : Meet American International School, Lagos / Waec Result 2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.