Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,510 members, 7,826,936 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:45 PM

MUST READ: Message From Nigeria's Senate President & Speaker Of The House - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / MUST READ: Message From Nigeria's Senate President & Speaker Of The House (656 Views)

Nigeria: Senate Screens Buhari’s Ministers (day 2) – LIVE UPDATES / Proposed Immunity For Senate President, Speaker Etal: Dead On Arrival (DOA) / NASS Planning Immunity Laws For Senate President, Speaker, CJN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

MUST READ: Message From Nigeria's Senate President & Speaker Of The House by Makweembo: 10:22pm On Oct 08, 2015
A MESSAGE FROM NIGERIA'S SENATE PRESIDENT AND SPEAKER OF THE HOUSE - THIS MUST BE READ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKpDSTaTVNc

During a meeting with a government delegation from Saudi Arabia, the Nigerian Speaker of the House of Representatives, Yakubu Dogara stated, "It wouldn't be out of place for us to call on the government and people of Saudi Arabia to double their efforts. Records are out there statistically that they are the best in crowd control. All we are asking for is that they increase their capacity to manage the crowd in such a way that we avoid this human catastrophe."

Similarly, the Nigerian Senate President Bukola Saraki stated, "I cannot end my comments without us talking about how we improve on the issue of visa processing for some of our pilgrims going for the Hajj. This is an area where a lot of Nigerians have issues of concern." He further said concerning the tragedy, "I think it's not about who is at fault but how do we ensure that we improve."

Take note - the case of T.B. Joshua was not human error yet the man was embarrassed. This was an accident by an aircraft. Judge yourself. Touch not My anointed and do him no harm...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MUST READ: Message From Nigeria's Senate President & Speaker Of The House by ZeezaRapture(m): 10:24pm On Oct 08, 2015
At my age, I don't comment on meaningless posts like this. *walks out*
Re: MUST READ: Message From Nigeria's Senate President & Speaker Of The House by Temotala: 10:29pm On Oct 08, 2015
Point taken - why is Saraki talking about visa issues and Dogara praising Saudi's crowd control when until now, Nigerians don't know the actual number of pilgrims who died or are gravely injured? Why did they not use this as an opportunity to demand a full independent investigation into what happened? Why no talk of compensation for the victims?

I have to agree with the op - the way Nigeria handled TB Joshua's case smacks of hypocrisy when comparing it to the Hajj issue...
Re: MUST READ: Message From Nigeria's Senate President & Speaker Of The House by BlackrulesDworld(m): 10:37pm On Oct 08, 2015
Ok
Re: MUST READ: Message From Nigeria's Senate President & Speaker Of The House by Makweembo: 10:49pm On Oct 08, 2015
Temotala:
Point taken - why is Saraki talking about visa issues and Dogara praising Saudi's crowd control when until now, Nigerians don't know the actual number of pilgrims who died or are gravely injured? Why did they not use this as an opportunity to demand a full independent investigation into what happened? Why no talk of compensation for the victims?

I have to agree with the op - the way Nigeria handled TB Joshua's case smacks of hypocrisy when comparing it to the Hajj issue...

Spot on. Why don't they haul the Saudi King in front of a court like they wanted to do with the TB Joshua coroner??
Re: MUST READ: Message From Nigeria's Senate President & Speaker Of The House by drberry(m): 10:54pm On Oct 08, 2015
People Deceiving People... Mtcheew...

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Seeks Saraki, Dogara’s Support For Budget 2016 / . / Alamieyeseigha's Death: Lesson For Politicians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.