Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,495 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:13 PM

OMG! What Has Happened To 'banana' Crooner SLYDE ! Pictured! - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / OMG! What Has Happened To 'banana' Crooner SLYDE ! Pictured! (5849 Views)

Biography Of Jiganbabaoja| Abimbola Kazeem| Sho Mo Age Mi Ni Crooner And Actor / Wait Did Linda Ikeji Bring Her Former black Gate To Banana Island?(photo) / OMG! What Is Rukky Sanda Wearing? I Can See Her Pants...lol (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

OMG! What Has Happened To 'banana' Crooner SLYDE ! Pictured! by PrettyHausaGirl(f): 10:43pm On Oct 08, 2015
When "DaatBananaBoy" SLYDE dropped 'Banana' in 2013, everyone new something big was been brewed. Slowly it took over the clubs, DJ mixes and then our radio stations and as time went on, the buzz filtered out of Lagos into the whole country and with the remix with Timaya a HIT was borne out of Brooklyn Planet. Slyde's talent has always been undeniable and with a Headies' nomination, he looked like one who is definitely here to stay.

Fast forward to 2015, Kiss Daniels, Korede Bello are notable names who were relatively unknown when "Banana" was already buzzing but today they are closer to been rated as A-list artistes than Slyde is to not been rated still as an upcoming artiste. As one of my newest acquaintances would say 'Slyde? That one song popular pass him name'. That sadly is the truth. Everyone who hears 'banana' today will recall the song but not everyone knows what the artiste looks like, on instagram he has just over 5,000 followers. For an artiste of his raw talent and singing ability, this is rather unfortunate. His follow up singles like Mordi, Sunita, Feel Alright( I love this song die!) And most recently Ginger have all failed to match 'Banana's success. Most annoying is the fact that these songs are 'banging' tunes! Coupled with the fact that he has not dropped any other video since 2014, it seems he is on his way to been another 'one hit wonder'. I am a big fan of Slyde and he is one of the few artistes whom I always anticipate their songs and I would definitely love to see him gain more recognition.

Is Slyde's backslide a fault of a lackadaisical label? Ill-luck? Laziness for more promo by the artiste? Or is he cooking something bigger, something which takes over a year to cook? Time will tell, what do you think?

Find more of my written editorials on www.nairatunes..com

www.nairatunes..com/2015/10/what-has-happened-to-banana-crooner.html

Re: OMG! What Has Happened To 'banana' Crooner SLYDE ! Pictured! by IamRespected: 10:56pm On Oct 08, 2015
Olosho don chop all e money grin

5 Likes

Re: OMG! What Has Happened To 'banana' Crooner SLYDE ! Pictured! by Dwady(m): 11:02pm On Oct 08, 2015
Hello miss
Re: OMG! What Has Happened To 'banana' Crooner SLYDE ! Pictured! by PrettyHausaGirl(f): 12:00am On Oct 09, 2015
IamRespected:
Olosho don chop all e money grin
LWKMD!!! I never chop ma own!

2 Likes

Re: OMG! What Has Happened To 'banana' Crooner SLYDE ! Pictured! by PrettyHausaGirl(f): 12:01am On Oct 09, 2015
Dwady:
Hello miss
Hi Mr
Re: OMG! What Has Happened To 'banana' Crooner SLYDE ! Pictured! by Dwady(m): 12:08am On Oct 09, 2015
Good Morning
PrettyHausaGirl:

Hi Mr
Re: OMG! What Has Happened To 'banana' Crooner SLYDE ! Pictured! by PrettyHausaGirl(f): 1:27am On Oct 09, 2015
Dwady:
Good Morning
What are u upto this late?
Re: OMG! What Has Happened To 'banana' Crooner SLYDE ! Pictured! by pretydiva(f): 4:14am On Oct 09, 2015
PrettyHausaGirl:

so u b olosho shocked

1 Like

Re: OMG! What Has Happened To 'banana' Crooner SLYDE ! Pictured! by Nobody: 4:45am On Oct 09, 2015
I son't even know what he looks like.
Re: OMG! What Has Happened To 'banana' Crooner SLYDE ! Pictured! by WailingWailer00(m): 5:55am On Oct 09, 2015
PrettyHausaGirl:
When "DaatBananaBoy" SLYDE dropped 'Banana' in 2013, everyone new something big was been brewed. Slowly it took over the clubs, DJ mixes and then our radio stations and as time went on, the buzz filtered out of Lagos into the whole country and with the remix with Timaya a HIT was borne out of Brooklyn Planet. Slyde's talent has always been undeniable and with a Headies' nomination, he looked like one who is definitely here to stay.

Fast forward to 2015, Kiss Daniels, Korede Bello are notable names who were relatively unknown when "Banana" was already buzzing but today they are closer to been rated as A-list artistes than Slyde is to not been rated still as an upcoming artiste. As one of my newest acquaintances would say 'Slyde? That one song popular pass him name'. That sadly is the truth. Everyone who hears 'banana' today will recall the song but not everyone knows what the artiste looks like, on instagram he has just over 5,000 followers. For an artiste of his raw talent and singing ability, this is rather unfortunate. His follow up singles like Mordi, Sunita, Feel Alright( I love this song die!) And most recently Ginger have all failed to match 'Banana's success. Most annoying is the fact that these songs are 'banging' tunes! Coupled with the fact that he has not dropped any other video since 2014, it seems he is on his way to been another 'one hit wonder'. I am a big fan of Slyde and he is one of the few artistes whom I always anticipate their songs and I would definitely love to see him gain more recognition.

Is Slyde's backslide a fault of a lackadaisical label? Ill-luck? Laziness for more promo by the artiste? Or is he cooking something bigger, something which takes over a year to cook? Time will tell, what do you think?

Find more of my written editorials on www.nairatunes..com

www.nairatunes..com/2015/10/what-has-happened-to-banana-crooner.html

Is he dead
Re: OMG! What Has Happened To 'banana' Crooner SLYDE ! Pictured! by boss1310(m): 6:11am On Oct 09, 2015
that's the kind of music we produce.they are only enjoyable for 3 months and both the artist and the song will be forgotten.after 3 months if he goes on stage repeating that same song girls will stop throwing panties and the guys well..but they will all throw him out of that stage with rotten bananas. trust naija

2 Likes

Re: OMG! What Has Happened To 'banana' Crooner SLYDE ! Pictured! by Nobody: 6:15am On Oct 09, 2015
Slyde? Was banana even a hit? Well not to me because I don't listen to 'just' beats i appreciate good music. The production blew him not what he sang, did he even sing anything? If he did, write a one line lyrics from his song here

1 Like

Re: OMG! What Has Happened To 'banana' Crooner SLYDE ! Pictured! by dkronicle(m): 7:21am On Oct 09, 2015
I downloaded ginger because I tot it was going to b like banana. Anyday I see slyde, he will return my data back...
Re: OMG! What Has Happened To 'banana' Crooner SLYDE ! Pictured! by ifoundmyperfect: 8:37am On Oct 09, 2015
Slyde don Slide outta the scene...
Next time, he sld learn to glide and move with the tide of the industry....
He can still make a come back...
Goodluck to him!
Re: OMG! What Has Happened To 'banana' Crooner SLYDE ! Pictured! by PrettyHausaGirl(f): 8:57am On Oct 09, 2015
pretydiva:
so u b olosho shocked
Lol No!!! Just kidding
Re: OMG! What Has Happened To 'banana' Crooner SLYDE ! Pictured! by Dwady(m): 9:06am On Oct 09, 2015
PrettyHausaGirl:

What are u upto this late?
I'm a night crawler,i stay up listening to songs. Hope you slept well?
Re: OMG! What Has Happened To 'banana' Crooner SLYDE ! Pictured! by PrettyHausaGirl(f): 9:08am On Oct 09, 2015
Dwady:
I'm a night crawler,i stay up listening to songs. Hope you slept well?

Very well. I was up late downloading some Jheine Aiko songs last night too.
Re: OMG! What Has Happened To 'banana' Crooner SLYDE ! Pictured! by Dwady(m): 9:27am On Oct 09, 2015
PrettyHausaGirl:

Very well. I was up late downloading some Jheine Aiko songs last night too.
That's cool. What genre of songs do you listen to?
Re: OMG! What Has Happened To 'banana' Crooner SLYDE ! Pictured! by hatux: 10:11am On Oct 09, 2015
Misleading topic... I think say the guy too don get accident ni jareh with the this Op put OMG for him topic.. Mt chew!
Re: OMG! What Has Happened To 'banana' Crooner SLYDE ! Pictured! by Nobody: 11:15am On Oct 09, 2015
The guy slyde I know him way back in 2006 till date him discharge him guys way day with am come day bill us 200k for feat . serves him right honestly
Re: OMG! What Has Happened To 'banana' Crooner SLYDE ! Pictured! by PrettyHausaGirl(f): 2:24pm On Oct 09, 2015
Dwady:
That's cool. What genre of songs do you listen to?

Every except rock, jazz and the kinda music ASa does
Re: OMG! What Has Happened To 'banana' Crooner SLYDE ! Pictured! by ccnation(m): 2:34pm On Oct 09, 2015
Wa jeun Ba.na.na!
Omo to sun na.na.na !
Slyde O!

Now the banana don slide SLYDE O. grin

Ansa beta name e say no. Your carrier neva SLYDE reach. shocked
Re: OMG! What Has Happened To 'banana' Crooner SLYDE ! Pictured! by faith551(m): 2:41pm On Oct 09, 2015
You want the truth? Banana was all about the beat, all thanks to the producer, all I kept on hearing in the music was the nice beat and the continuous repetition of the word banana, if not for the timely intervention of timaya.
My verdict, slyde is not that talented, at least not from his work so far.
Re: OMG! What Has Happened To 'banana' Crooner SLYDE ! Pictured! by Dwady(m): 3:23pm On Oct 09, 2015
PrettyHausaGirl:

Every except rock, jazz and the kinda music ASa does
Cool. Means you probably enjoy rap too..
Re: OMG! What Has Happened To 'banana' Crooner SLYDE ! Pictured! by Nobody: 3:33pm On Oct 09, 2015
He is waiting 4 inspiration
Re: OMG! What Has Happened To 'banana' Crooner SLYDE ! Pictured! by PrettyHausaGirl(f): 3:45pm On Oct 09, 2015
Dwady:
Cool. Means you probably enjoy rap too..

Yep...#Drake #J.Cole
Re: OMG! What Has Happened To 'banana' Crooner SLYDE ! Pictured! by Dwady(m): 3:56pm On Oct 09, 2015
PrettyHausaGirl:

Yep...#Drake #J.Cole
Wow. Same here except that Kendrick,Wale and meek mill are missing tho.
Re: OMG! What Has Happened To 'banana' Crooner SLYDE ! Pictured! by PrettyHausaGirl(f): 3:57pm On Oct 09, 2015
Dwady:
Wow. Same here except that Kendrick,Wale and meek mill are missing tho.

i like them as well, just that i've got 2 favourites.

Home i like Olamide and Phyno
Re: OMG! What Has Happened To 'banana' Crooner SLYDE ! Pictured! by Dwady(m): 4:03pm On Oct 09, 2015
PrettyHausaGirl:

i like them as well, just that i've got 2 favourites.

Home i like Olamide and Phyno
Oh. Love them local rappers but my fav is Vec. Oshamo! wink

1 Like

Re: OMG! What Has Happened To 'banana' Crooner SLYDE ! Pictured! by Nobody: 5:32pm On Oct 09, 2015
PrettyHausaGirl:

Yep...#Drake #J.Cole
I kinda like Big Sean.
Re: OMG! What Has Happened To 'banana' Crooner SLYDE ! Pictured! by wheesin(m): 7:48pm On Oct 09, 2015
PrettyHausaGirl:

Lol No!!! Just kidding

olosho undecided how much per night ?
Re: OMG! What Has Happened To 'banana' Crooner SLYDE ! Pictured! by IamRespected: 9:05pm On Oct 09, 2015
PrettyHausaGirl:

Oleee cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Daddy Freeze Reacts To An Estate Where Criminals & Sex Workers Are Housed / Throwback Photos Of Naira Marley As A Young Muslim Cleric / Omashola Shares Beautiful Video From Ike, Mercy’s Traditional Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.