Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,300 members, 7,867,797 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 01:31 AM

The Man Called Pastor Chris Oyakhilome! - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Man Called Pastor Chris Oyakhilome! (25181 Views)

The Man Pastor Chris Oyakhilome ::. / Picture Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In 1997 (At A Camp Meeting) / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Man Called Pastor Chris Oyakhilome! by hype: 5:41pm On Nov 10, 2007
I dont know what the pastor chris advert is doing in a celebrity section of the forum, atleast we've seen and heard a enough of his gingles on t.v and even the church's website. KEEP SAYING IT' DONT STOP SAYING IT' GIVE JESUS A BIG HAND!,
Re: The Man Called Pastor Chris Oyakhilome! by Nobody: 7:10pm On Nov 10, 2007
The man is filled with vision Of GOD.He is awesome and true man of GOD.I enjoy the daily rhapsody of realities.
Re: The Man Called Pastor Chris Oyakhilome! by SmartK1(m): 11:08am On Nov 14, 2007
theqene
this kind of topic should not have been started in this part of the forum;
Perfect.

am a proud christian
I now of xtians i never knew there are proud ones

(atheism; yes, it's a religion)
No atheism is not a religion. it is a lack of belief in the existence of God or gods (lack of beleif in religion)

, blaise pascal, albert einstein, etc who hitherto presented positions of atheism are reported to have confessed JESUS as LORD before they died.
Albert Einstein (the man of last millennium) was a xtian, not an atheist.

pastor chris' teachings are full of sound christian doctrine and addresses the total man (spiritual(spirit), emotional(soul), and material(body)).
that, i dont know of.

My final submission: if the poser had not tried to sell his pastor here there would have not been any comments about hos pastor here.
Jesus was a lord, is a lord and will always be a lord , forever and ever ( a lord is a person who has general authority over others, not necessarily God.)

If u like u can worship stone not even a pastor. ur palava. Do not just try to sell that kind of crap to some of us who can think and if u dont want comment dont pose.

Good luck.
Re: The Man Called Pastor Chris Oyakhilome! by jasko: 6:51pm On Jan 04, 2008
The world is changing fast, therefore you must inundate your mind with the right information that will put you over and give you the advantage. The difference between someone who is a success and someone who isn’t is knowledge. To be a success you must open your heart to current and relevant information. With just one God-idea, inspired in your heart by the Holy Spirit, you can change your world; you can impact the world around you. So ensure that you are always inconstant fellowship with Him through prayer and regular study of the Word of God. That way He will give you the information you need and bring to you the wisdom you require.

First, am a member of CHRIST EMBASSY. Pastor Chris will lead you, direct you on how to do it yourself. So, please stop criticism. He is a child of God, please please and please stop calling him mini jesus.
Re: The Man Called Pastor Chris Oyakhilome! by synderella: 2:10pm On Feb 19, 2008
All I want to add is be careful not to forget that it is God u are to worship and not the pastor. Exaltation belongs to God, be very careful.

The pastor is a mere human being like you, do not expect that he is beyond temptations of any kind because u will be sorely disappointed.
Re: The Man Called Pastor Chris Oyakhilome! by fyneguy: 1:29pm On Apr 12, 2008
lol I laugh when I read or hear the way some christians try to be 'humble''. In the process, they act like slaves.

So it's a sin to be a 'proud christian'?

lol some people will remain baby christians till christ comes

As for me, I can boast in christ Jesus! I'm not an ordinary human being like some christians claim. I am a royal proesthood, A member of the assembly of firstborns registered in heaven. I am not a slave!
Re: The Man Called Pastor Chris Oyakhilome! by Horus(m): 10:50am On Nov 17, 2008
[size=15pt]Nigeria: Christ Embassy Pastor Arrested Over N4.5 Fraud[/size]

Lagos 7 October 2008

Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has arrested a pastor with Christ Embassy Church in Oregun, Lagos State, Dr. (Miss) Fregene Orighomisan Omawumi, for alleged fraudulent foreign exchange deal as well as issuing a dud cheque.
According to the EFCC, the said pastor who started by allegedly obtaining N3million from another member of the church in a fraudulent foreign exchange trade deal in April this year. It said about N1million has been recovered from her.EFCC Head of Media and Publicity, Femi Babafemi, in a statement made available to Daily Champion in Abuja said the victim of the fraud, Mr. Afam Benneth Otiba, said the 33year-old administrative pastor, who is also a medical doctor, obtained the money from him on the pretext that she was going to invest it in online forex trading, promising a 100 per cent return on investment in 45 days.Otiba said he agreed to release the money after the suspect had promised to split the profit with him in a 50-50 ratio and handed a post dated cheque of N4.5million, to cover the capital and the interest to him.According to the EFCC statement, at maturity, the victim took the cheque to the Bank but to his consternation, it bounced.He contacted the suspect who now told him that there was no money to share as she had lost all the money invested in the online forex transaction.All efforts by the victim, who is based in Abuja, to collect his money, even without interest, failed.Instead, the suspect started sending pastors of their church to persuade the victim from taking any action, but the bank where the victim sourced the money would not accept any excuses.It was at this point that the victim decided to report the case to EFCC, which subsequently arrested the pastor. On interrogation, she confessed to have collected the money from the victim, adding She stated that she knew the victim through his sister who is a member of Christ Embassy, Lagos and that she decided to introduce the forex business to him."He gave me N3million in April this year and I promised him N4.5million in 45 days, because the interest I expected from the business was another N3million and we agreed that we would share the interest equally," Pastor Omawumi said. She said that the unusual happened when the President of European Central Bank, Jean-Claude Trichet announced worldwide that there might be increase in the interest rate of Euro and this led to panic buying and eventual crash of the market.The suspect, however, confessed that as of the time she issued the cheque to the victim, she did not have money in the account.The suspect, who claimed to be a full worker at Christ Embassy headquarters, however promised to refund the money as soon as possible.EFCC, which said the Pastor has regretted her action, quoted her as telling its investigators: I feel bad, it was an irrational move, and I should not have been involve."

Source: http://allafrica.com/stories/200810070591.html
Re: The Man Called Pastor Chris Oyakhilome! by bigocean(m): 9:01pm On Nov 18, 2008
TO me noting wrong with the pastor cos i have heard a couple of his preaching on television but wetin me no dey in support of his his attitude of styling his hair and allowing women to go on trousers in his church cos don't tell me dat since he started reading the bible he never see that kin thing be4 and the way you guys worship him una don break commandment already
Re: The Man Called Pastor Chris Oyakhilome! by tamashley(f): 4:09pm On Aug 09, 2009
Re: The Man Called Pastor Chris Oyakhilome! by donnie(m): 9:19pm On Aug 10, 2009
uchetracy:

PKOO rem God hates to share His glory?[/b]so who truly gave ur life a meaning
?monosylabic answer
A.Christ
B.Pastor Chris
i await ur answer

That's a lie from the pit of hell. I heard that song again recently. . . you are the lord, that is your name, you willl never share your glory with any man. . . and i could hear the Spirit say again and again lie lie lie. . .

Jesus prayed in [b]John 17:22
saying:
And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one
Re: The Man Called Pastor Chris Oyakhilome! by seyenko(m): 8:34am On Aug 12, 2009
Is this the same man who collected N37M stolen from Sheraton Hotel from a member of his congregation and refused to return it. Knowing fully well that the receiver of stolen goods and the thief are both guilty under law.
Re: The Man Called Pastor Chris Oyakhilome! by nuraabi: 12:26pm On Aug 13, 2009
is a fraud
Re: The Man Called Pastor Chris Oyakhilome! by isaias(m): 10:06am On Sep 30, 2009
I beleive he is a man sent by God to change the world and i beleive he can do it but his pastors, only God knows who is on the right path and it is only God that knows who is doing his will because he sees the inside
Re: The Man Called Pastor Chris Oyakhilome! by Image123(m): 1:04pm On Sep 30, 2009
@donnie
i wouldn't hastily say that song is 'a lie from the pit of hell'. I think it refers to passages like Isaiah 42v8 and 48v11
Re: The Man Called Pastor Chris Oyakhilome! by Nobody: 9:23pm On Sep 30, 2009
Members of his church are liberal christians, they have sex with each other.
And in addition if you are a born again in that church, you can sin (e.g. fornicate) but you aint accounted for it. Why? Because the pastor says it is not in the nature of the born again to sin.
Re: The Man Called Pastor Chris Oyakhilome! by donnie(m): 9:50pm On Sep 30, 2009
@Image 123

I understand what you are trying to communicate but in Isaiah 42&48, he is clearly refering to a backslidden people whom he seeks to restore. He made mention of graven images (idols). With these he will not share his glory.

Besides, we are not of that generation. We are a special breed. We are not the redeemed. We are the fruits of redemption. We are partakers of his divine nature. A chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation.

Let's assume he let you, can you in actual fact take or his glory from him? He is God almighty, the father of Spirits . . . u knw wat am saing? He loves us , so much so that he gave his only begotten son as a sacrifice to make us his own.

He has made you a king, dont belittle yourself. Rather praise him and thank him for what he has done. Share the gospel in the power of the Holy Spirit for by so doing you are manifesting forth His glory, the glory that you have on the inside of you!

@Babaearly
You are confused.
Re: The Man Called Pastor Chris Oyakhilome! by Image123(m): 8:35am On Oct 01, 2009
@donnie
I'm not writing for or against God sharing His glory. My post is that that song 'you're the Lord, that is your name. . ' is not a lie from the pit of hell. The song is likely refering to passages like Isaiah 48 v11 or 42 v 8. That's all.
But your 'logic' get comma o! You quote/claim Isaiah 41 v15 at the end of all your posts, but to you, chapter 42 and 45 is not for 'the fruits of redemption'. Where do you stand
Re: The Man Called Pastor Chris Oyakhilome! by SirJohn(m): 8:44am On Oct 01, 2009
Image123, donnie is only spewing out the confusion he has heard from Chris, what do you expect?
Re: The Man Called Pastor Chris Oyakhilome! by Arabambi1: 8:53am On Oct 01, 2009
social gathering for those who are emotionally stressed.
90%of his teaching is all about wealth. His teaching of salvation is 5% while the rest take the remaining five.
Anyway he is a good actor and entertainer. I like him acting on the tele

spot on grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: The Man Called Pastor Chris Oyakhilome! by OgaMadam(f): 9:11pm On Oct 01, 2009
Christ must be the centre of our message, even more than us.
Re: The Man Called Pastor Chris Oyakhilome! by bimbusky: 8:02pm On Dec 08, 2009
Pk001:

He is a Blessing to our world and Our Generation. He gave my life a meaning

if hes the one that gave your life a meaning and not Jesus, Bo, youre lost o. and that meaning wey you think you get na lie.
Re: The Man Called Pastor Chris Oyakhilome! by bimbusky: 8:07pm On Dec 08, 2009
LiquidMind (m)
España

wrote:

Pastor Chris, has the Holy Spirit without Measure, I think he is a real man of GOD

oooooooh boy!!!!!! you dey craze? how could you say that?
this is why are so afraid of you people!!!! Holy Spirit without measure? Do you know what that means? it means he is Jesus Christ himself!

tell me, did he say that about himself? please i need to know. please reply this. abeg.

did he say that about himself abi na just you wey talk am?

abeg.
Re: The Man Called Pastor Chris Oyakhilome! by Nobody: 8:35pm On Dec 09, 2009
This guy is one of the greatest cheats to ever con nigerians, and guess wat? nigerians pretty much love to be conned!!
In a saner environment, he would be made to provide proof for his so-called miracles. He should go to intellectually advanced environments and attempt to prove his "healings" or growing of broken/cut limbs (which he can't do BTW) by mysterious holy spirit,

Nigerians are really just empty fools, else this guy would ve been brought down. It's a real pity wat situation we find ourselves in this troubled nation!!
Re: The Man Called Pastor Chris Oyakhilome! by MrCrackles(m): 8:36pm On Dec 09, 2009
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin
Re: The Man Called Pastor Chris Oyakhilome! by aboxphem: 1:13am On Dec 10, 2009
One thing I know and that i am very sure of is that Pastor Chris Oyakhilome is not Jesus's mate, infact, he senior Jesus and he's greatly expose than Christ. No body can be serving or following the path of Christ that will blow him/herself this way. When they wanted to make Jesus King he fled, he shown humility to all his disciples by washing there feets, he said whoever want to be a leader let him be the servant. he said let no man call u anything, but we are brothers and sisters. But reverse is this case for this man (Pastor Chris). He collects people respect freely, he's god to some. When cornelius saw Peter he bowed, but Peter rejected it immediately, when that angel finished with John, John prostrated, immediately the angel rejected it , he said i'm a fellow servant like u. But as for this Pastor Chris I dont know where he had seen his own xtianity. But never will i allow any man's religion to lead me astray, because Pator Chris shall stand b4 that white throne and i shall stand no body shall stand for another.
Re: The Man Called Pastor Chris Oyakhilome! by aboxphem: 1:31am On Dec 10, 2009
One thing I know and that i am very sure of is that Pastor Chris Oyakhilome is not Jesus's mate, infact, he seniors Jesus and he's greatly exposed than Christ. No body can be serving or following the path of Christ that will blow him/herself this way. When they wanted to make Jesus King he fled, he shown humility to all his disciples by washing there feets, he said whoever want to be a leader let him be servant. he said let no man call u anything, but we are brothers and sisters. But reverse is this case for this man (Pastor Chris). He collects people respect freely, he's god to some. When Cornelius saw Peter he bowed, but Peter rejected it immediately, when that angel finished with John, John prostrated, immediately the angel rejected it , he said i'm a fellow servant like u. But as for this Pastor Chris I dont know where he had seen his own xtianity. But never will i allow any man's religion to lead me astray, because Pator Chris shall stand b4 that white throne and i shall stand no body shall stand for another. Paul said ho! ye foolish Galatians who had bewitched U.I REALY PITY PASTOR CHRIS CONGREGATN, MAY GOD DELIVER THEM.
Re: The Man Called Pastor Chris Oyakhilome! by Nobody: 1:03pm On Dec 16, 2009
hype:

I dont know what the pastor chris advert is doing in a celebrity section of the forum, atleast we've seen and heard a enough of his gingles on t.v and even the church's website. KEEP SAYING IT' DONT STOP SAYING IT' GIVE JESUS A BIG HAND!,

really funny, !!!!
Important to KEEP SAYING that Oyakhilome is a cheat who goes about with his cr.a.zy hairstyle collecting people's money while running a p.o.r.n.o.g.r.a.p.h.i.c church. I repeat, let the intellectually sound among us bring him down!!
Re: The Man Called Pastor Chris Oyakhilome! by ogajim(m): 1:17pm On Dec 16, 2009
A nation of IDIOTS will be led by the brightest IDIOT among them, go figure why the place is the way it is.
Re: The Man Called Pastor Chris Oyakhilome! by kcng: 5:14pm On Dec 16, 2009
He is definately 1 of the fake preachers around.he's just better at cleaning up His mess.
why didnt he refound the money stolen by 1 of his pastors from sheraton.He claimed he sowed it to God.
All these pastors are just greedy people who love money more that their salvation.
Re: The Man Called Pastor Chris Oyakhilome! by bee444: 7:02pm On Dec 16, 2009
To all of you who have so far contributed to this topic, this is what you should know: Christianity is the most beautiful thing that has ever happened in Nigeria. But lets face it, should we because of that ignore the fact and neglect what has been perpetuated for generations by our pastors  and continue to see them use us for selfish gain? Xtianity is knowledge and knowledge must be acquired in any form. I believe peoples' opinion should always count regardless of their religious beliefs. Christ embassy is a good church but also the only church that has for years not been far away from controversy.
As for the hair thing, I personally see nothing wrong with that. In as much as Oyakhilome is not condemned within himself. But the question still remains; why would other pastors' follow suit? Are they just  loyal servants? Ask yourself, loyal servants of who? Jesus's or Oyakhilomes'? I'm not asking anyone to answer these rhetoric's.

Regarding healing, why is it that Oyakhilome's healing is centred on Nigerians? He is a world evangelist and travels a lot to other nations. There is no account or evidence of his miracle on foreign soil! Miracle is mostly associated with unbelievers. These are all opinions and shouldn't be taken personal. Remember ", in the city of Ephesus, "

God bless you all
Re: The Man Called Pastor Chris Oyakhilome! by osaxx: 3:02pm On May 07, 2010
HAHAHAHAHAHAA, I JUST HAVE READ A LOT OF POSTING, ITS CATEGORISED BY IGNORANCE, HATRED , AND ENVY, THE LAST POSTER SAID NO FOREIGN MIRACLE, LET ME TELL U GOD IS MIRACULOUS TO THE NATIONS OF THE WORLD, OK, U REALLY SEEM TO JUDGE PASTOR CHRIS FROM RUMOUR,BACKSTABBING,BITTERNESS, I CAN TELL YOU PASTOR CHRIS IS MAN SENT OF GOD TO SAVE THIS WORLD FROM IGNORANCE NOT JUST NIGERIAN, THAT IS WHY NIGERIAN WANT HIM TO COME IN A NIGERIAN WAY ,FORGETTING HE IS SENT TO THE NATIONS OF THE WORLD, U NEED TO ACCEPT THE GOSPEL OF OUR LORD JESUS CHRSIT OR DIE IN IGNORANCE OF THE WORLD OF GOD, JUST GIVE URSEF A TRY WITH PASTOR CHRIS MESSAGE AND U WILL KNW U AV BEEN WRONG ALL UR LIFE, I WAS ONCE LIKE U GUYS, INFACT NOBODY CRITICISE PASTOR CHRIS AS I DID, AND MY CRITTICISM WAS BASED ON SIDETALKS, NO FACT, NOW I HAVE BEEN ABLE TO COME TO THE KNOWLEDGE OF GODS WORD, GOD HAS ACTUALLY USED PASTOR CHRIS TO MODERNISE THE MEANS OF COMMUNICATION AMONGST XTIAN, because THE WORLD IS FAST TRUNING TO BE A CIVILISED WORLD, SO THERE IS NEED FOR CORRECTING A DEFECT, PLS AND PLS AND PLS COME TO CHRIST TODAY AND DO NOT ALLOW UR PASTORS TO DECIEVE U TALKIN EVIL OF PASTOR CHRIS AND U WILL BELIEVE because OF IGNORANCE ROOTED IN UR BLOOD, MAY GOD HELP U ALL, THANK U LORD FOR GIVING TO THIS GENERATION PASTOR CHRIS, GOD STARTED PREPARING PASTOR CHRIS FOR THIS WORK AHEAD AT THE AGE OF 9, WHEN HE BECAME BORN AGAIN, OR U TINK PASTOR CHRIS IS OUR EVERYDAY PASTOR ,WHO JUST BECAME A PASTOR OVERNIGHT, HIS GRANDFATHER WAS A PASTOR, HIS FATHER WAS, AND NOW CHRIS, HE WAS RAISED IN A STRICT CHRISTAIN FAMILY, INCASE U DO NOT KNOW,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Has Letter X Replaced Christ In The Word Christmas? / Top Nigerian Gospel Songs Released In May / Choristers Refuse To Attend Member's Burial Because He Owed Choir Dues

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.