Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,385 members, 7,836,548 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:44 AM

Understanding PMB As The Minister Of Petroleum - Bar Nasiru Oseni. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Understanding PMB As The Minister Of Petroleum - Bar Nasiru Oseni. (907 Views)

I Pray Nigeria Oil Dries Up, Says Governor Nasiru El-rufai / Nasiru Salisu Zango Rejects N700,000 Bribe To Kill A Story In Kano. Photos / See New Face Of PMB As He Is Being Appreciated By Gambian Artist, Today (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Understanding PMB As The Minister Of Petroleum - Bar Nasiru Oseni. by searchcorp(m): 3:43am On Oct 09, 2015
The former NBA chairman (Ondo State Chapter). Barrister Nasiru Oseni posted this on his Facebook page concerning PMB's decision to head the petroleum ministry. I totally agree.

"PRESIDENT AS 'PETROLEUM MINISTER. There seems to be serious misunderstanding in some quarters regarding whether or not the president could oversee the petroleum ministry as petroleum minister. To be sure, it is a misapprehension to suppose that the president intends to appoint himself, or to be appointed and screened for confirmation as petroleum minister. No, that's not the sense in which he meant to be understood. Under the constitution, executive powers reside in the president. He could exercise such powers directly, or appoint ministers to exercise them on his behalf by way of delegated authority. So, when the president says he will be minister of petroleum, he should be understood to mean that he will not appoint a minister for the ministry of petroleum. That's all!"

What are your opinions. Besides if the constitution allows for this. Then the Senators clamouring for Buhari to be screened simply don't know the law.

Re: Understanding PMB As The Minister Of Petroleum - Bar Nasiru Oseni. by Lhanre(m): 3:53am On Oct 09, 2015
Don't mind them, there are lots of ignoramuses spewing thrash in the Nigerian political sphere in this dispensation.
Re: Understanding PMB As The Minister Of Petroleum - Bar Nasiru Oseni. by mekonglobal(m): 4:04am On Oct 09, 2015
Following d path of Obasanjo right......but is dis in conformity with change?
Re: Understanding PMB As The Minister Of Petroleum - Bar Nasiru Oseni. by searchcorp(m): 4:14am On Oct 09, 2015
Lhanre:
Don't mind them, there are lots of ignoramuses spewing thrash in the Nigerian political sphere in this dispensation.

i sincerely pay them no mind.

mekonglobal:
Following d path of Obasanjo right......but is dis in conformity with change?

There is only one way to find that out. In the next 4 years, we shall both know.

1 Like

Re: Understanding PMB As The Minister Of Petroleum - Bar Nasiru Oseni. by orisa37: 4:29am On Oct 09, 2015
Let Mr. President do anything and everything. He has authority and responsibility for Nigeria. But he must run Nigeria by the fundamental directives and objective principles of the constitution of Nigeria. I agree.

2 Likes

Re: Understanding PMB As The Minister Of Petroleum - Bar Nasiru Oseni. by Zakkyoz: 4:35am On Oct 09, 2015
PMB is a leader who is poised to take responsibilities of his govt. Let's watch him as he revamps our corrupt NNPC and we will all be happy.

2 Likes

Re: Understanding PMB As The Minister Of Petroleum - Bar Nasiru Oseni. by Aufbauh(m): 5:38am On Oct 09, 2015
"The truth is not for all men but for those who seek it" - Ayn Rand
It's much a great concern to even see that some of the so called SAN buys into this misrepresentation that PMB can not exercise ministerial powers if he deem it expedient.
What i deducted from the present time is that we don't have credible opposition party especially the PDP, all i see is a group of hate-filled people living daily with the anger of defeat and hallucinating from the hangover of their lost ground hence wailing where there's nothing to wail about.
Whenever PMB makes any appointment this people will cry blue murder as unconstitutional but cannot challenge it in the court. They have failed to realized that PMB has a vp Osinbajo(SAN) who is more than competent and well grounded in the law, an arudite professor of law, two timed attorney general and commissioner of justice in lagos state to advise him appropriately.

2 Likes

Re: Understanding PMB As The Minister Of Petroleum - Bar Nasiru Oseni. by searchcorp(m): 6:21am On Oct 09, 2015
Aufbauh:
"The truth is not for all men but for those who seek it" - Ayn Rand
It's much a great concern to even see that some of the so called SAN buys into this misrepresentation that PMB can not exercise ministerial powers if he deem it expedient.
What i deducted from the present time is that we don't have credible opposition party especially the PDP, all i see is a group of hate-filled people living daily with the anger of defeat and hallucinating from the hangover of their lost ground hence wailing where there's nothing to wail about.
Whenever PMB makes any appointment this people will cry blue murder as unconstitutional but cannot challenge it in the court. They have failed to realized that PMB has a vp Osinbajo(SAN) who is more than competent and well grounded in the law, an arudite professor of law, two timed attorney general and commissioner of justice in lagos state to advise him appropriately.

If i could, i would have given you 1000 likes.

You are so on point like decimal.

1 Like

Re: Understanding PMB As The Minister Of Petroleum - Bar Nasiru Oseni. by Nobody: 8:05am On Oct 09, 2015
Zakkyoz:
PMB is a leader who is poised to take responsibilities of his govt. Let's watch him as he revamps our corrupt NNPC and we will all be happy.

buhari is heading for the NNPC minister just to steal money, nothing more.
Re: Understanding PMB As The Minister Of Petroleum - Bar Nasiru Oseni. by searchcorp(m): 9:23pm On Oct 09, 2015
chuna1985:

buhari is heading for the NNPC minister just to steal money, nothing more.

I see a pessimist.
Re: Understanding PMB As The Minister Of Petroleum - Bar Nasiru Oseni. by Nobody: 12:29am On Oct 10, 2015
searchcorp:

I see a pessimist.

I see another dūllard.

(1) (Reply)

Nobel Prize For Conceding Defeat?: Stop Insulting GEJ. / Ministerial Screening Streaming Live / Can A Sitting President Be Arrested Abroad For Murder?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.