Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,138 members, 7,818,430 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:22 PM

No Asset Forms, No Screening, Senate Tells Ministerial Nominees - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Asset Forms, No Screening, Senate Tells Ministerial Nominees (16868 Views)

Budget Padding: EFCC Screens Dogara, Deputy, Lawmakers’ Asset Forms / Ministerial Screening: Senate Goes Into Closed-door Session / Saraki’s Trial Won’t Affect Ministerial Screening – Senate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Asset Forms, No Screening, Senate Tells Ministerial Nominees by nnachukz(m): 7:15am On Oct 09, 2015
lolaxavier:

PDP is synonymous to wailing, hence no APC will wail. Change is here and Nigerians are embracing it.
finebone and co, where do they belong? Who wants the past procedure to be maintained and who wants a change in this case? Devilish pretenders everywhere?

2 Likes

Re: No Asset Forms, No Screening, Senate Tells Ministerial Nominees by lolaxavier(m): 7:21am On Oct 09, 2015
modath:

I won't fall into the trap of responding to you.

It never goes well & i do not delight in insulting people cos you come back with asinine remarks that fit your agenda all the time & i don't delight in insulting grown folks irrespective of how much they deserve to be. ..

Just wait & see, we are all spectators.....

This is called instant identification of your enemy grin

1 Like

Re: No Asset Forms, No Screening, Senate Tells Ministerial Nominees by lolaxavier(m): 7:22am On Oct 09, 2015
nnachukz:
finebone and co, where do they belong? Who wants the past procedure to be maintained and who wants a change in this case? Devilish pretenders everywhere?

Devilish wailers everywhere, please beware...

1 Like

Re: No Asset Forms, No Screening, Senate Tells Ministerial Nominees by ShowYourCertificate: 7:25am On Oct 09, 2015
I just love Saraki

1 Like

Re: No Asset Forms, No Screening, Senate Tells Ministerial Nominees by freeDR(m): 7:29am On Oct 09, 2015
lolaxavier:

It goes to show that Fayose no get sense. He was only blabbing like a mad goat, making accusations without fact. Now, he is rooting for someone he almost slaughtered verbally. Shame on him!
On this, I concur.
Re: No Asset Forms, No Screening, Senate Tells Ministerial Nominees by TIMEISWISDOM(m): 7:32am On Oct 09, 2015
Another means to collect bribes and kickbacks.
only gullible Nigerians will take this people serious
Re: No Asset Forms, No Screening, Senate Tells Ministerial Nominees by modath(f): 7:37am On Oct 09, 2015
lolaxavier:

This is called instant identification of your enemy grin

Enemy, on a faceless anonymous forum? Naaahhhh smiley

Just refusing to be dragged down to mundane abuses & insults cos the rock of all ages always ask seemingly innocent questions as the opener.

I don't attend to mentions unless it's engaging & on the subject matter,cos i am not for bull crap...

Any response to him elicits a flurry of abuses that i am beginning to get compelled to respond to.. I am not a tout & won't allow anyone drag me down to their level.

1 Like

Re: No Asset Forms, No Screening, Senate Tells Ministerial Nominees by lolaxavier(m): 8:06am On Oct 09, 2015
modath:

Enemy, on a faceless anonymous forum? Naaahhhh smiley

Just refusing to be dragged down to mundane abuses & insults cos the rock of all ages always ask seemingly innocent questions as the opener.

I don't attend to mentions unless it's engaging & on the subject matter,cos i am not for bull crap...

Any response to him elicits a flurry of abuses that i am beginning to get compelled to respond to.. I am not a tout & won't allow anyone drag me down to their level.

Still well put, identify your targets...

1 Like

Re: No Asset Forms, No Screening, Senate Tells Ministerial Nominees by modath(f): 8:17am On Oct 09, 2015
lolaxavier:

Still well put, identify your targets...

Could you expatiate? Not getting you clearly. Thx.
Re: No Asset Forms, No Screening, Senate Tells Ministerial Nominees by lolaxavier(m): 8:24am On Oct 09, 2015
TIMEISWISDOM:
Another means to collect bribes and kickbacks.

only gullible Nigerians will take this people serious

If they don't ask for declaration, you will be the first to complain. Na wa o.

1 Like

Re: No Asset Forms, No Screening, Senate Tells Ministerial Nominees by Nobody: 8:32am On Oct 09, 2015
I am waiting to see Amaechi's assets declaration. You know he doesn't like money.

4 Likes

Re: No Asset Forms, No Screening, Senate Tells Ministerial Nominees by coalcoal1(m): 8:43am On Oct 09, 2015
it is getting real

2 Likes

Re: No Asset Forms, No Screening, Senate Tells Ministerial Nominees by anonimi: 8:43am On Oct 09, 2015
Good.
Great development.
Slowly getting there, maybe!

PS: Better to ask for TAX returns for last three years along with the asset declaration. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No Asset Forms, No Screening, Senate Tells Ministerial Nominees by akponanefelix(m): 8:45am On Oct 09, 2015
[b][/b]Representatives and senators, they must have met those conditions before now.

“So, they would not be exposed to the same rigorous scrutiny that those who were not members of the National Assembly will face.”

He added, “The Senate is also going to give priority to former members of the National Assembly in terms of the time for the screening. What I’m saying is that we may call up those, who are former members of the National Assembly before we begin to consider those, who are not members.

“We also, as a matter of modification for the take-a-bow-and-go, where it concerns only former members of the National Assembly, they may be questioned only by the chairman of that sitting, who is the President of the Senate.’’

No fewer than 25 petitions have been submitted by various individuals and groups seeking to stop the clearance of some of the 21 ministerial nominees.

Checks at the office of the Senate Committee on Ethics, Privileges and Public Petitions showed that 25 petitions had been submitted to it as of the close of work on Thursday.

Apart from the petition against former Rivers State Governor Rotimi Amaechi , which was submitted by the three senators from Rivers State to the senate president on Wednesday, another senator representing Kaduna South Senatorial District, Danjuma La’ah, submitted his on Thursday against the nomination of Mrs. Amina Mohammed from Kaduna State.

La’ah wrote on behalf of the Southern Kaduna Coalition, an amalgamation of all the pressure and public interest groups of Southern Kaduna extraction. Mohammed’s accusers said she was not from Kaduna.

The petition, signed by the group’s coordinator, James Kanyi, read in part, “We have credible evidence to believe that she is an indigene of Gombe State and not Kaduna State as constitutionally required.”

Eleven of the ministerial nominees were however at the National Assembly on Thursday to submit their Curriculum Vitae ahead of next Tuesday’s screening.

The deadline for the submission of the CVs, according to the Senior Special Assistant to the President on National Assembly Matters (Senate), Ita Enang, is Friday (today).

Saraki on Thursday asked the committee of the Senate currently investigating the petitions against the nominees to submit its report before the screening starts next week.

Meanwhile, the Rivers State chapter of the All Progressives Congress has disagreed with the Senate new rule that a ministerial nominee must get the support of at least two senators from his state to scale through screening.

The spokesman for the APC in Rivers, Mr. Chris Finebone, told our correspondent in a telephone interview on Thursday that something was wrong with such a rule on the screening of ministerial nominees.

Finebone explained that a ministerial nominee did not need the support of any senator to be confirmed a minister.

The three representing Rivers State in the Senate – Olaka Nwogu, George Sekibo and Osinakachukwu Ideozu – are all members of the Peoples Democratic Party.

Amaechi, the nominee from the state is of the APC.

Calling on the Senate to forget about such criterion, Finebone recalled that Musiliu Obanikoro, who was from an APC state, but a member of the PDP, was able to scale through and became a minister.

He said, “I am sure that there is something wrong there; there is something not correct there. I know we have had cases where, for an example, Obanikoro never got the support of any senator and he scaled through. So, there is something I suspect that is not right there.

“Beyond Obanikoro, we have also had other examples where ministerial nominees never got the support of senators from their states and they scaled through. How about states where the senators are all from the opposition party? Does it mean that the Federal Government would surrender to the opposition?

“I don’t think it has been happening in the past. There were places where the senators were from the opposition, yet the Federal Government got its ministers not from the opposition party.

“The Senate should forget about such a rule because in the past it never came to play. I want to be sure that it is a new thing they have invented. But it does not work that way; it will not work that way. I don’t want to also believe that the rules are changing with some persons in mind.”

Also, a former aide to the immediate past governor of the state, Mr. Tony Okocha, recalled that two senators in the past had opposed the nomination of Mr. Henry Ogiri for a position in the Niger Delta Development Commission but that Ogiri eventually scaled through despite such opposition.

“It does not follow. Are we not Nigerians? Obanikoro, who was from a state in the opposition party in the past, was made a minister in recent past despite coming from the state from the opposition party,” Okocha said.
Re: No Asset Forms, No Screening, Senate Tells Ministerial Nominees by menix(m): 8:46am On Oct 09, 2015
Confirm!!!

So people re certainly going to CCB too..

I jst dey laugh, cous we go soon find out say one man get promissory note as asset..

1 Like

Re: No Asset Forms, No Screening, Senate Tells Ministerial Nominees by philips70(m): 8:50am On Oct 09, 2015
I love this. We will get there someday. Witch hunt is now proven to be good for our imperfect political condition. Let them continue to witch hunt themselves till the system becomes perfect or near so.

Each time I jet out of the country I get every reason to be very angry the kind of leaders we continue to have as a country. I mean what did we do to deserve what we have in Nigeria? I only just hope and wish the youth can put partisan, ethnic and religious sentiments behind to jointly combat these forces that hold us back. We have all it takes to be a well governed and developed country.

Really sad.

1 Like

Re: No Asset Forms, No Screening, Senate Tells Ministerial Nominees by BlackPeni5: 8:50am On Oct 09, 2015
Change has come to stay

1 Like

Re: No Asset Forms, No Screening, Senate Tells Ministerial Nominees by GMan650(m): 8:52am On Oct 09, 2015
What a shame!!!! The upper chamber (senate) are making a fool of themselves. It was written in the constitution that anybody that has held a political position and nominated for minister should be screened, they are now making exceptions for former NASS officials(why should there be an exception). I don't think the way forward for this country is all these assets declaration $h!t going around the country because if WE REALLY WANT EQUITY THEN EVERYBODY HOLDING A POLITICAL POST SHOULD BE SCREENED not some people the Senate doesn't want in power. The Senate are abusing their powers and I think the Executive is more powerful why is the Presidency not making any statement about all this; I think the best thing is just to watch from afar and see how this will unfold because I don't know any politician that has accrued wealth in an honest way. Bunch of thieves trying to implicate other thieves. SMH
Re: No Asset Forms, No Screening, Senate Tells Ministerial Nominees by Dotng: 8:57am On Oct 09, 2015
Bitterleafsoup:
We need assets with amounts make it clear Senators!
Keep deceiving yourself. Someone that said that he doesn't give a damn is now the one with an acceptable declaration of asset. Can all his earnings before and after presidency build the house he is living in now in Otueke not to talk about other assets?
Re: No Asset Forms, No Screening, Senate Tells Ministerial Nominees by fako1(m): 8:57am On Oct 09, 2015
See senators forming KING KONG. The (senators) shud lead by example.

1 Like

Re: No Asset Forms, No Screening, Senate Tells Ministerial Nominees by UniqueGem(m): 8:58am On Oct 09, 2015
With all these rules and regulations being set for aspiring Ministers, i don't see a way Amaechi will become a Minister, even Buhari knows but i guess he(Buhari) only nominated him(Amaechi) to fulfil all obligations, make e no be like say i no try for you.

2 Likes

Re: No Asset Forms, No Screening, Senate Tells Ministerial Nominees by shegxi(m): 9:00am On Oct 09, 2015
In d end, it is those in favour say high and those against say neigh go end am.
Re: No Asset Forms, No Screening, Senate Tells Ministerial Nominees by adeniyisamuel59(m): 9:01am On Oct 09, 2015
Let me simply put that Amaechi has been disappointed by Buhari despite all his contributions and sacrifices to make Buhari relevant even the face of all the PDP propaganda. Amaechi could have been appointed SFG to avoid this bottle-neck but instead an unpopular daural kunu sipping loyalist was choosen. This is an indication that APC is an agglomeration of strange bed fellows. Amaechi travail is an APC conjured plan to frustrate him.

1 Like

Re: No Asset Forms, No Screening, Senate Tells Ministerial Nominees by Oblitz(m): 9:02am On Oct 09, 2015
Ok
Re: No Asset Forms, No Screening, Senate Tells Ministerial Nominees by Nobody: 9:03am On Oct 09, 2015
lolaxavier:

PDP is synonymous to wailing, hence no APC will wail. Change is here and Nigerians are embracing it.
Why den re u guys wailing for Amaechi and Fashole in APC to bcom ministers...?? Are dey not thieves... bro all Nigerians must embrace change o... we say no to thieves as minister and Nigeria agree wit me....
Re: No Asset Forms, No Screening, Senate Tells Ministerial Nominees by Nobody: 9:27am On Oct 09, 2015
See action film.
Re: No Asset Forms, No Screening, Senate Tells Ministerial Nominees by Tycoflu(m): 9:29am On Oct 09, 2015
Some people can't comprehend sha! What they need is evidence of asset declaration, as that slip CCB usually give after declaring asset with them. You will wait till eternity if you were expecting to see the list of all their assets.

1 Like

Re: No Asset Forms, No Screening, Senate Tells Ministerial Nominees by Nobody: 9:31am On Oct 09, 2015
Like paying back time. From saraki to pMB
Re: No Asset Forms, No Screening, Senate Tells Ministerial Nominees by berrystunn(m): 9:34am On Oct 09, 2015
so we waited this long so to see same old thieves coming back to power as minister
Buhari we are still waiting for your promises.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Akeredolu Goes To Court Of Appeal To Dissolve Ondo Councils / Borno APC Governorship Aspirants Spent Total Of N425 Million On Forms (photo) / Mobolaji Johnson: Sanwo-Olu Mourns Death Of The First Governor Of Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.