Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,078 members, 7,818,232 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:48 AM

No Asset Forms, No Screening, Senate Tells Ministerial Nominees - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Asset Forms, No Screening, Senate Tells Ministerial Nominees (16865 Views)

Budget Padding: EFCC Screens Dogara, Deputy, Lawmakers’ Asset Forms / Ministerial Screening: Senate Goes Into Closed-door Session / Saraki’s Trial Won’t Affect Ministerial Screening – Senate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Asset Forms, No Screening, Senate Tells Ministerial Nominees by Boyooosa(m): 9:46am On Oct 09, 2015
@op Please I dont read lenghty notes, summarise or no deal! cool
Re: No Asset Forms, No Screening, Senate Tells Ministerial Nominees by Nobody: 9:48am On Oct 09, 2015
Amaechi don enta half chance
Re: No Asset Forms, No Screening, Senate Tells Ministerial Nominees by zicoraads: 9:50am On Oct 09, 2015
Cpiano:
In anoda news. I have come to discover that all these our politicians are friends in their secret corners. Especially when I saw that laughing episode of d ogas dem. NA we just dey kill ourselves ontop every news,wen dem push give us. I just hope they'll take this serious.Naija matter long pass river Niger o.
You just came to that realisation now? Very funny!
Re: No Asset Forms, No Screening, Senate Tells Ministerial Nominees by Skybee1(m): 9:57am On Oct 09, 2015
Amaechi hw market,wike neva evn start wit u ur apchit foolz in rivers r cryin,no way fo u,return our stolen money or tunder go strike u ,monkey
Re: No Asset Forms, No Screening, Senate Tells Ministerial Nominees by 400billionman: 10:01am On Oct 09, 2015
grin Interesting..

Fashola and Amaechi how much are you worth. ?
Re: No Asset Forms, No Screening, Senate Tells Ministerial Nominees by Zico5(m): 10:08am On Oct 09, 2015
warrior01:
So Amaechi should throwaway pride now beg, and tender an unreserved apologies to mama peace, Wike, the three senators from Rivers and the entire Ss/SE for betraying them in their times of need. Anything short of this, no ministerial appointment. Shikena.
Hope u re not high on Osogbo weed. Amaechi will be minister and nothing anyone can do about it. Mark my words
Re: No Asset Forms, No Screening, Senate Tells Ministerial Nominees by babasanti: 10:08am On Oct 09, 2015
freeDR:
Simply put, Ameachi is the target. The senate's sledge hammer will crush him. What about Fayemi? Mtcheeeew! In as much as I like Fayose, he sometimes disappoints me. Why on earth will you start supporting Fayemi in his ministerial bid? If he left Ekiti in #79billion debt, then he is obviously a bad manager that is not fit to represent Ekiti. A man should be known for his principles; Fayose should stop darting about like a hoopoe bird. When you defeat your enemy, make sure he's not only defeated but destroyed beyond redemption, or else, he'll be back to destroy you. #finishfayemi

You think and reason like michael coreleone in gothfather 2 who feels he needs to wipe out all his enemies completely. I like that! Keep it up

1 Like

Re: No Asset Forms, No Screening, Senate Tells Ministerial Nominees by 400billionman: 10:10am On Oct 09, 2015
Sermwell:
So long a letter cheesy
Where is ameachi and fashola? I want to see their forms after filling grin

Ok

Re: No Asset Forms, No Screening, Senate Tells Ministerial Nominees by anigbajumo(m): 10:39am On Oct 09, 2015
Tycoflu:
Some people can't comprehend sha! What they need is evidence of asset declaration, as that slip CCB usually give after declaring asset with them. You will wait till eternity if you were expecting to see the list of all their assets.

Dnt mind the mumu mofos

1 Like

Re: No Asset Forms, No Screening, Senate Tells Ministerial Nominees by anigbajumo(m): 10:44am On Oct 09, 2015
chukwudi44:

Dreams ke? How will Amaechi be cleared without any River state Senator backing him?

The same way 2senators frm Lag supported Obanikoro according to rule of Law....?

Pa sukuwudi,continue to deceive yerself...
Re: No Asset Forms, No Screening, Senate Tells Ministerial Nominees by Zellie: 11:07am On Oct 09, 2015
slap1:
Others need forms to declare their assets, but Amaechi would need an exercise book.
80 Leaves grin
Re: No Asset Forms, No Screening, Senate Tells Ministerial Nominees by abimic(m): 12:08pm On Oct 09, 2015
As if they declared theirs, he that wants to come to equity should come with clean hands. The senators should likewise declare theirs just as buhari did and every other persons will follow suit.
Re: No Asset Forms, No Screening, Senate Tells Ministerial Nominees by essemdeey350(m): 12:08pm On Oct 09, 2015
He that wants equity must come with clean hands.. Imagine, I wonder what Nigeria Senate is turning to. They want ministerial nominees to obtain ASSETS and LIABILITIES FORMS before screened, yet Senators have not done/obtain theirs right since they were ordered to make them public... STUDY OR REMAIN STUPID, DECLARE ASSETS AND REMAIN PROUDY.
Re: No Asset Forms, No Screening, Senate Tells Ministerial Nominees by osazeeblue01: 1:18pm On Oct 09, 2015
Nice step i pray they abide with it.
Re: No Asset Forms, No Screening, Senate Tells Ministerial Nominees by Khez: 1:53pm On Oct 09, 2015
Nice one people with impeccable character should be allowed to mount the podium....... Nice one

Amechi better begin to lobby, as for me never supported his arrogance, i hope they don't send him to go clear his name with the said inquiry set up to indict him..... That would be disastrous shocked

As for me, I'm seriously lobbying for fashola, i pray the fat senator for lagos east and madam tinubu keep their rift and selfish interests aside and support someone who has a vision

And i hope this speculation about him (fashola ) heading FTC is a lie o, What happens to Power, Works? undecided
Re: No Asset Forms, No Screening, Senate Tells Ministerial Nominees by Goke7: 1:56pm On Oct 09, 2015
our senators are so smart, since egunje no dey again from the Presidency, they have to use the would be senators and their god fathers to survive the Buhari recession.

All na wash, our darling senators know what they are asking for jare
Re: No Asset Forms, No Screening, Senate Tells Ministerial Nominees by doncaster(m): 2:00pm On Oct 09, 2015
Saraki is really looking for prison mates. This one go hook many for neck.
Re: No Asset Forms, No Screening, Senate Tells Ministerial Nominees by Gboliwe: 2:12pm On Oct 09, 2015
Funny thread grin grin grin grin

One cant even differentiate the Original 'wailers' from the chinko wailers.
Re: No Asset Forms, No Screening, Senate Tells Ministerial Nominees by doncaster(m): 2:28pm On Oct 09, 2015
anigbajumo:

The same way 2senators frm Lag supported Obanikoro according to rule of Law....?

Pa sukuwudi,continue to deceive yerself...
I then as a former SINator they only take a bow and go. We are in change era.
Re: No Asset Forms, No Screening, Senate Tells Ministerial Nominees by bashydemy(m): 2:47pm On Oct 09, 2015
Good ideal
Re: No Asset Forms, No Screening, Senate Tells Ministerial Nominees by bashydemy(m): 2:48pm On Oct 09, 2015
Bitterleafsoup:
We need assets with amounts make it clear Senators!
robot when you go get sense?
Re: No Asset Forms, No Screening, Senate Tells Ministerial Nominees by mrsuccessful(m): 3:01pm On Oct 09, 2015
freeDR:
Simply put, Ameachi is the target. The senate's sledge hammer will crush him. What about Fayemi? Mtcheeeew! In as much as I like Fayose, he sometimes disappoints me. Why on earth will you start supporting Fayemi in his ministerial bid? If he left Ekiti in #79billion debt, then he is obviously a bad manager that is not fit to represent Ekiti. A man should be known for his principles; Fayose should stop darting about like a hoopoe bird. When you defeat your enemy, make sure he's not only defeated but destroyed beyond redemption, or else, he'll be back to destroy you. #finishfayemi

SenseiX
Re: No Asset Forms, No Screening, Senate Tells Ministerial Nominees by agitator: 3:09pm On Oct 09, 2015
freeDR:
Simply put, Ameachi is the target. The senate's sledge hammer will crush him. What about Fayemi? Mtcheeeew! In as much as I like Fayose, he sometimes disappoints me. [b]Why on earth will you start supporting Fayemi in his ministerial bid? [/b]If he left Ekiti in #79billion debt, then he is obviously a bad manager that is not fit to represent Ekiti. A man should be known for his principles; Fayose should stop darting about like a hoopoe bird. When you defeat your enemy, make sure he's not only defeated but destroyed beyond redemption, or else, he'll be back to destroy you. #finishfayemi

Lol, you must be a learner. grin grin grin

Yorubas never betray their own outside. No matter how they quarrel and fight. Once the person is not after what they want then no wahala. Fayemi is no longer after the governor's seat.

Didn't you notice how they condemned GEJ's Agric programmes but where quick to recommend the minister who was in charge of the program to GMB to endorse for ADB? This was also extended to other ministers from South West under GEJ.

When the northerner said Yoruba is the problem of Nigeria, did you think he was joking?
Re: No Asset Forms, No Screening, Senate Tells Ministerial Nominees by isaacbush1987: 4:07pm On Oct 09, 2015
Pls help me click on this. http://PayRefe.com/?ref=131811 I dey beg help ooo I beg
Re: No Asset Forms, No Screening, Senate Tells Ministerial Nominees by orunto27: 4:16pm On Oct 09, 2015
NASS is getting wiser by the minutes. Very good. Once beaten twice shy.
Re: No Asset Forms, No Screening, Senate Tells Ministerial Nominees by suxkill: 4:27pm On Oct 09, 2015
i urge our senators not to spear any noise maker,they should be screened thoroughly as the constitution stipulates.
Re: No Asset Forms, No Screening, Senate Tells Ministerial Nominees by freeDR(m): 4:39pm On Oct 09, 2015
agitator:

Lol, you must be a learner. grin grin grin

Yorubas never betray their own outside. No matter how they quarrel and fight. Once the person is not after what they want then no wahala. Fayemi is no longer after the governor's seat.

Didn't you notice how they condemned GEJ's Agric programmes but where quick to recommend the minister who was in charge of the program to GMB to endorse for ADB? This was also extended to other ministers from South West under GEJ.

When the northerner said Yoruba is the problem of Nigeria, did you think he was joking?
Hmmm! I have my reservations about your position, anyway.
Re: No Asset Forms, No Screening, Senate Tells Ministerial Nominees by Nobody: 5:24pm On Oct 09, 2015
mrsuccessful:

SenseiX
As much as I hate Amaechi, I doubt the Senate would risk upsetting the president by not clearing any nominee. Amaechi would most likely be cleared.
Re: No Asset Forms, No Screening, Senate Tells Ministerial Nominees by YoungDaNaval(m): 6:02pm On Oct 09, 2015
slap1:
Others need forms to declare their assets, but Amaechi would need an exercise book.
Re: No Asset Forms, No Screening, Senate Tells Ministerial Nominees by YoungDaNaval(m): 6:02pm On Oct 09, 2015
slap1:
100 Leaves Exercise book to be precise
Re: No Asset Forms, No Screening, Senate Tells Ministerial Nominees by 989900: 6:07pm On Oct 09, 2015
Nice one.
Re: No Asset Forms, No Screening, Senate Tells Ministerial Nominees by YoungDaNaval(m): 6:13pm On Oct 09, 2015
akponanefelix:
[b][/b]Representatives and senators, they must have met those conditions before now.

“So, they would not be exposed to the same rigorous scrutiny that those who were not members of the National Assembly will face.”

He added, “The Senate is also going to give priority to former members of the National Assembly in terms of the time for the screening. What I’m saying is that we may call up those, who are former members of the National Assembly before we begin to consider those, who are not members.

“We also, as a matter of modification for the take-a-bow-and-go, where it concerns only former members of the National Assembly, they may be questioned only by the chairman of that sitting, who is the President of the Senate.’’

No fewer than 25 petitions have been submitted by various individuals and groups seeking to stop the clearance of some of the 21 ministerial nominees.

Checks at the office of the Senate Committee on Ethics, Privileges and Public Petitions showed that 25 petitions had been submitted to it as of the close of work on Thursday.

Apart from the petition against former Rivers State Governor Rotimi Amaechi , which was submitted by the three senators from Rivers State to the senate president on Wednesday, another senator representing Kaduna South Senatorial District, Danjuma La’ah, submitted his on Thursday against the nomination of Mrs. Amina Mohammed from Kaduna State.

La’ah wrote on behalf of the Southern Kaduna Coalition, an amalgamation of all the pressure and public interest groups of Southern Kaduna extraction. Mohammed’s accusers said she was not from Kaduna.

The petition, signed by the group’s coordinator, James Kanyi, read in part, “We have credible evidence to believe that she is an indigene of Gombe State and not Kaduna State as constitutionally required.”

Eleven of the ministerial nominees were however at the National Assembly on Thursday to submit their Curriculum Vitae ahead of next Tuesday’s screening.

The deadline for the submission of the CVs, according to the Senior Special Assistant to the President on National Assembly Matters (Senate), Ita Enang, is Friday (today).

Saraki on Thursday asked the committee of the Senate currently investigating the petitions against the nominees to submit its report before the screening starts next week.

Meanwhile, the Rivers State chapter of the All Progressives Congress has disagreed with the Senate new rule that a ministerial nominee must get the support of at least two senators from his state to scale through screening.

The spokesman for the APC in Rivers, Mr. Chris Finebone, told our correspondent in a telephone interview on Thursday that something was wrong with such a rule on the screening of ministerial nominees.

Finebone explained that a ministerial nominee did not need the support of any senator to be confirmed a minister.

The three representing Rivers State in the Senate – Olaka Nwogu, George Sekibo and Osinakachukwu Ideozu – are all members of the Peoples Democratic Party.

Amaechi, the nominee from the state is of the APC.

Calling on the Senate to forget about such criterion, Finebone recalled that Musiliu Obanikoro, who was from an APC state, but a member of the PDP, was able to scale through and became a minister.

He said, “I am sure that there is something wrong there; there is something not correct there. I know we have had cases where, for an example, Obanikoro never got the support of any senator and he scaled through. So, there is something I suspect that is not right there.

“Beyond Obanikoro, we have also had other examples where ministerial nominees never got the support of senators from their states and they scaled through. How about states where the senators are all from the opposition party? Does it mean that the Federal Government would surrender to the opposition?

“I don’t think it has been happening in the past. There were places where the senators were from the opposition, yet the Federal Government got its ministers not from the opposition party.

“The Senate should forget about such a rule because in the past it never came to play. I want to be sure that it is a new thing they have invented. But it does not work that way; it will not work that way. I don’t want to also believe that the rules are changing with some persons in mind.”

Also, a former aide to the immediate past governor of the state, Mr. Tony Okocha, recalled that two senators in the past had opposed the nomination of Mr. Henry Ogiri for a position in the Niger Delta Development Commission but that Ogiri eventually scaled through despite such opposition.

“It does not follow. Are we not Nigerians? Obanikoro, who was from a state in the opposition party in the past, was made a minister in recent past despite coming from the state from the opposition party,” Okocha said.
u expect me to read all these epistle? Bro u harsh oh!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Amosun Commissions 85 KWP Solar Hybrid Mini Grid (Photos) / President Buhari Attends Commonwealth Heads Of Government Meeting (Photos) / 2023: Tinubu as President will be a disaster – Primate Ayodele predicts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.