Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,291 members, 7,836,277 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:00 AM

EFCC Arrests Two Men With 556 ATM Cards And Travellers Cheque - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / EFCC Arrests Two Men With 556 ATM Cards And Travellers Cheque (15872 Views)

Police Arrests Two Hotel Staff For $17,000 Theft, 11 Others (pic) / SON Arrests Two Chinese Men In Lagos Over N5bn Fake Tyres (Photos) / NDLEA Arrests Two Suspects For Cocaine Trafficking (Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EFCC Arrests Two Men With 556 ATM Cards And Travellers Cheque by ameynuJR(m): 3:01pm On Oct 09, 2015
[size=32pt]Not all IGBO's are scammers but all scammers are IGBO[/size]

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Arrests Two Men With 556 ATM Cards And Travellers Cheque by Boyooosa(m): 3:16pm On Oct 09, 2015
Keneking:
great job EFCC

lalasticlala shocked

NDLEA!!!
Re: EFCC Arrests Two Men With 556 ATM Cards And Travellers Cheque by juman(m): 3:24pm On Oct 09, 2015
Yiibos are venturing into yaariba crime.
Re: EFCC Arrests Two Men With 556 ATM Cards And Travellers Cheque by HiliaryAutos(m): 3:32pm On Oct 09, 2015
Here is the picture of the Arrested criminal,Them no even fresh like person wey get money,See head Lol...

http://www.informationng.com/2015/10/efcc-nabs-two-with-108-atm-cards-448-travelers-cheques-at-lagos-airport.html

Re: EFCC Arrests Two Men With 556 ATM Cards And Travellers Cheque by Emmy4Naija: 3:57pm On Oct 09, 2015
Contrary to what many on this forum think

.thsee guys may be legitimate business folks. Because of the CBN policy on Forex and stoppage of Outbound Western union transfer business men that do importation have devised a means to get Forex to finance their import.
Re: EFCC Arrests Two Men With 556 ATM Cards And Travellers Cheque by MrMbaM: 4:00pm On Oct 09, 2015
The hardworking tribe of the fading sun cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: EFCC Arrests Two Men With 556 ATM Cards And Travellers Cheque by Emmy4Naija: 4:13pm On Oct 09, 2015
ZUBY77:
I don't know about the travellers cheque but it's common to travel to China with many ATM cards.

I for one went to China with about 10 ATM cards.

The reason is simple.
Banks only allow people to withdraw 1600 Chinese Yuan for a day.
That's about 300 dollars or a little less.

Now if I purchase goods worth 20,000 Yuan for a day, I need many ATMs to meet up.

I explained this to the Chinese Police at the Baiyun Airport in Guangzhou and they simply understood.

Trust the rogue EFCC to make noises about the ATMs.

Since Buhari came to Power, millions of dollars belonging to importers and exporters has been seized at the International airports in the name of money laundering.

How else do you expect people to trade?

Give the Dude his ATM and look for government officials that looted our money.

I knew this Buhari regime would be bad for private businessmen but like always, it's only a matter of time.

You have a good understanding of what importers are facing now because of the recent CBN voodoo economics policy.
CBN said...they can't give importers FOREX for some 40 items but importers can source Forex from anywhere if they must import the items. And trust business men...Igbomen had devised a means to work around the situation. And the procession of many ATM cards to withdraw from abroad is one of the options.
But in this case, these folks in question have ATM cards of foreign banks not Nigerian banks. Which indicates they use the cards to withdraw from foreign accounts while in Nigeria or in another country. Which means these guys are using the many ATM cards to bring back their money in foreign land into Nigeria to avoid carrying too much cash...which may be seen money laundering.

SO EFCC should learn to know what makes a news and what paints the country in a bad light.
Re: EFCC Arrests Two Men With 556 ATM Cards And Travellers Cheque by ZUBY77(m): 4:24pm On Oct 09, 2015
Emmy4Naija:

You have a good understanding of what importers are facing now because of the recent CBN voodoo economics policy.
CBN said...they can't give importers FOREX for some 40 items but importers can source Forex from anywhere if they must import the items. And trust business men...Igbomen had devised a means to work around the situation. And the procession of many ATM cards to withdraw from abroad is one of the options.
But in this case, these folks in question have ATM cards of foreign banks not Nigerian banks. Which indicates they use the cards to withdraw from foreign accounts while in Nigeria or in another country. Which means these guys are using the many ATM cards to bring back their money in foreign land into Nigeria to avoid carrying too much cash...which may be seen money laundering.

SO EFCC should learn to know what makes a news and what paints the country in a bad light.

Thanks for understanding.
I just hop they look into what he has to say because I personally move around Asia with up to 10 ATMs and that's the only way I meet up with time.
Re: EFCC Arrests Two Men With 556 ATM Cards And Travellers Cheque by rabzy01: 5:15pm On Oct 09, 2015
This story has been certified by Names Checkers Association of Nairaland. (NCAN)

God bless Nigeria
Re: EFCC Arrests Two Men With 556 ATM Cards And Travellers Cheque by 989900: 5:38pm On Oct 09, 2015
ZUBY77:
I don't know about the travellers cheque but it's common to travel to China with many ATM cards.

I for one went to China with about 10 ATM cards.

The reason is simple.
Banks only allow people to withdraw 1600 Chinese Yuan for a day.
That's about 300 dollars or a little less.

Now if I purchase goods worth 20,000 Yuan for a day, I need many ATMs to meet up.

I explained this to the Chinese Police at the Baiyun Airport in Guangzhou and they simply understood.

Trust the rogue EFCC to make noises about the ATMs.

Since Buhari came to Power, millions of dollars belonging to importers and exporters has been seized at the International airports in the name of money laundering.

How else do you expect people to trade?

Give the Dude his ATM and look for government officials that looted our money.

I knew this Buhari regime would be bad for private businessmen but like always, it's only a matter of time.

Read the article again.
Re: EFCC Arrests Two Men With 556 ATM Cards And Travellers Cheque by NIGERIALOLoCOM(m): 6:19pm On Oct 09, 2015
kaakulator3:
Let them come, i'm always a cursed bast.rd!
Re: EFCC Arrests Two Men With 556 ATM Cards And Travellers Cheque by akilo1: 6:35pm On Oct 09, 2015
Biafra again?
Re: EFCC Arrests Two Men With 556 ATM Cards And Travellers Cheque by NIGERIALOLoCOM(m): 6:37pm On Oct 09, 2015
ameynuJR:
[size=32pt]All scammers are my friends[/size]
Re: EFCC Arrests Two Men With 556 ATM Cards And Travellers Cheque by HrmOlolade(m): 10:29pm On Oct 09, 2015
Neduzze5:
Do they have tribal marks on their cheeks? shocked
No bro it's the other way round, they are your God forsaken brothers from the east
Re: EFCC Arrests Two Men With 556 ATM Cards And Travellers Cheque by kikesblog(m): 2:28am On Oct 11, 2015
being igbo does not mean all igbos are criminals

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerians Want Miyetti Allah Banned — Poll / 40-Year-Old Man Arrested For Allegedly Raping 14-Year-Old Girl In Anambra / Lawrence Anini Saga: 32 Years After (full Story Inside)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.