Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,604 members, 7,812,978 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:06 AM

Robbers Raid Imo Airport, Escape With N20m - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Robbers Raid Imo Airport, Escape With N20m (15603 Views)

Man Wanted For Running Away with N20m Porsche While Test Driving at Car Shop(pic / Armed Robbers Raid Phone Shop In Delta, Cut Off Neck Of Security Guard. Photos / Robbers Raid Lagos Police Station, Steal Money, Phones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Robbers Raid Imo Airport, Escape With N20m by Laredojohn(m): 2:20pm On Oct 09, 2015
Suspected armed robbers on Friday morning raided a micro finance bank located in the Sam Mbakwe Cargo Airport, as well as the offices of Arik and Air Peace Airlines in Imo State.

Over N20m and other valuables were said to have been carted away in the robbery that lasted just a few minutes.

According to an eye witness, the armed robbers who besieged the airport in two unmarked vehicles, overpowered the security men attached to the bank.

The source who stated that the noise of banging of doors and windows by the robbers coupled with their gunshots scared people away from the scene.

An employee of Arik, who didn’t want to be named, said their offices were broken into, company and personal valuables of the workers were stolen.

He said, “We are still in shock how the robbers could have been able to operate freely without being challenged, with the number of security men at the Airport, calls for serious concern because if the Airport cannot be safe, where else can be.”

Meanwhile when contacted, the Imo State Police Public Relations Officer, Mr. Andrew Enwerem, who confirmed the incident, however, said it was a case of burglary.

According to him, “We got the report that some hoodlums broke into a Micro Finance Bank at the airport, but we did not get any report that they removed cash and no one was killed or wounded.

“Already investigation is ongoing and the the two security men attached to the bank are currently being interrogated.”

source: http://www.punchng.com/news/robbers-raid-imo-airport-escape-with-n20m/
Re: Robbers Raid Imo Airport, Escape With N20m by INTROVERT(f): 2:20pm On Oct 09, 2015
Can you imagine..... angry
December is coming... grin grin grin grin grin

please help me ask the 3people below me what their P is grin grin grin grin grin.

5 Likes

Re: Robbers Raid Imo Airport, Escape With N20m by Laredojohn(m): 2:21pm On Oct 09, 2015
INTROVERT:
@ @
the landlady of Nl smiley smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: Robbers Raid Imo Airport, Escape With N20m by benedictnsi(m): 2:21pm On Oct 09, 2015
.... grin

One day na for d thief........... Their cup go soon full

Those robbers obviously came from the west..... Check well

3 Likes

Re: Robbers Raid Imo Airport, Escape With N20m by politricks: 2:21pm On Oct 09, 2015
KunleBoye:
Biafrans Again

Na curse?
Did you forget your brain in your mother's womb?

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Robbers Raid Imo Airport, Escape With N20m by KnowMore: 2:22pm On Oct 09, 2015
WHAT!!! I hope CCTV CAMERAS CAPTURED THEIR FACES

2 Likes

Re: Robbers Raid Imo Airport, Escape With N20m by damton(m): 2:23pm On Oct 09, 2015
Nemesis will catch up with them, I'm optimistic about that.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Robbers Raid Imo Airport, Escape With N20m by KunleBoye: 2:23pm On Oct 09, 2015
hmmmmm

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Robbers Raid Imo Airport, Escape With N20m by GMan650(m): 2:23pm On Oct 09, 2015
God go save us from these people. I think the govt should create more jobs around that region cos most of their indigenes are always involved in robbery cases

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Robbers Raid Imo Airport, Escape With N20m by 360ng: 2:23pm On Oct 09, 2015
imagine...
Re: Robbers Raid Imo Airport, Escape With N20m by VOICEOFJUSTICE: 2:23pm On Oct 09, 2015

Re: Robbers Raid Imo Airport, Escape With N20m by hrhobi1(m): 2:23pm On Oct 09, 2015
Introvert u well so?
Re: Robbers Raid Imo Airport, Escape With N20m by benega: 2:23pm On Oct 09, 2015
Re: Robbers Raid Imo Airport, Escape With N20m by Nobody: 2:24pm On Oct 09, 2015
Food Don Ready O
grin grin grin
Re: Robbers Raid Imo Airport, Escape With N20m by justi4jesu(f): 2:24pm On Oct 09, 2015
embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Robbers Raid Imo Airport, Escape With N20m by Nobody: 2:24pm On Oct 09, 2015
Rogers Aturuocha

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Robbers Raid Imo Airport, Escape With N20m by seunlayi(m): 2:24pm On Oct 09, 2015
Naija is so backward - Daylight robbery in this century with nothing to check the robbers apart from those poorly paid security guards, the robbers will still go and spend their loot freely without any hindrance. SMH

6 Likes

Re: Robbers Raid Imo Airport, Escape With N20m by sigiyaya(m): 2:25pm On Oct 09, 2015
I suspect ROCHAS there's nothing he can not do angry angry

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Robbers Raid Imo Airport, Escape With N20m by gog4life(m): 2:25pm On Oct 09, 2015
hmmmmmn na today
Re: Robbers Raid Imo Airport, Escape With N20m by nikkiking(m): 2:25pm On Oct 09, 2015
Pishures or adonbilivit undecided undecided undecided.
Re: Robbers Raid Imo Airport, Escape With N20m by Nobody: 2:25pm On Oct 09, 2015
KunleBoye:
Biafrans Again

Na curse?

Yes...do you have a problem with it?
Re: Robbers Raid Imo Airport, Escape With N20m by Dottore: 2:25pm On Oct 09, 2015
[size=15pt]Insider information. D house rat shall informajara d bush rat dat dere is a woged tilapia in d cage visavis vulevu kitchen in pantinkoli. - Kegite proverb (1972)[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Robbers Raid Imo Airport, Escape With N20m by free2ryhme: 2:26pm On Oct 09, 2015
Rubbish... Useless NPF!!!
Re: Robbers Raid Imo Airport, Escape With N20m by Laredojohn(m): 2:26pm On Oct 09, 2015
Its getting to the end of the year expect anything
Re: Robbers Raid Imo Airport, Escape With N20m by Demmocrats(m): 2:27pm On Oct 09, 2015
Men am back to nairaland after long break grin

Omo police oh giving another info when eye witness in hundreds are telling you it was armed robbers with guns and over powered the security officers the mumu police officer that was not there is telling us its not armed robbers just mere break in.

Kia My Sai Buhari must hear this grin

2 Likes

Re: Robbers Raid Imo Airport, Escape With N20m by ITSaWRAPPP: 2:27pm On Oct 09, 2015
Not again sad
Re: Robbers Raid Imo Airport, Escape With N20m by Nobody: 2:27pm On Oct 09, 2015
Who counted the money and came up with the amount of 20 million naira?

Scam is Involved angry angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Robbers Raid Imo Airport, Escape With N20m by seunlayi(m): 2:27pm On Oct 09, 2015
KnowMore:
WHAT!!! I hope CCTV CAMERAS CAPTURED THEIR FACES

THE DAY THE ABOVE WILL HAPPEN IN NIGERIA IS THE DAY I WILL BURN MY INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT

2 Likes

Re: Robbers Raid Imo Airport, Escape With N20m by agarawu23(m): 2:27pm On Oct 09, 2015
Na wa
Re: Robbers Raid Imo Airport, Escape With N20m by Nobody: 2:28pm On Oct 09, 2015
Dem wan steal plane join?

1 Like

Re: Robbers Raid Imo Airport, Escape With N20m by isaacbush1987: 2:28pm On Oct 09, 2015
Pls help me click on this. http://PayRefe.com/?ref=131811 I dey beg Una help oo
Re: Robbers Raid Imo Airport, Escape With N20m by abdulrazat(m): 2:29pm On Oct 09, 2015
This is actually funny because I've been to that airport and I know firsthand that the security there is little.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Man Brutalized By Police In Lagos Lands In Hospital (Photos) / Police Nabs Member Of Gang That Robbed MTN Mast In Abia And Attacked Guard / DSP Faces Dismissal Over Bribe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.