Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,202 members, 7,829,300 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:02 AM

Too Busy: For Eternity? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Too Busy: For Eternity? (987 Views)

Quran Testifies To The Bible: It Says It Stands Till Eternity / Is It Fair That A Mere 70 Years Of ‪‎Sin‬ Be Punished By An Eternity In ‪‎Hell? / Do You Know The Extent To Which Christians Are Too Busy For God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Too Busy: For Eternity? by Techman(m): 10:52am On Apr 24, 2009
We live in a world filled with so much activities and distractions, however everyone needs to reflect on his/her life to avoid being caught unawares by death or the day of the LORD.

Revelation 22:12 - And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

John 3:16 - For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 14:16 - Jesus saith , , I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Jesus is coming soon. Yes you may have heard this statement for too long.
Don’t let it itch your ears. Some heard but are now dead. What happens after death is critical and completely personal. Some may be saying oh,  they have come again… to scare us.

But wait,  hold on, , we’ve heard of Heaven & hell,  only two options. Think deep…, and for those who don’t believe, please just assume and make a choice.

If your choice is Heaven, what are you doing to get there?

Just imagine one hoping to go to Heaven, an intention that he/she carries in his/her heart but still enjoys the pleasures of sin instead of giving his/her life to JESUS and living according to the purpose and Word of GOD. What happens if he/she suddenly dies?

My dear brothers & sisters please do not gamble with your life and eternity.

Check this out & let’s solve it together…

Assuming a man’s maximum life span today on earth = 130 years (with or without Christ)

And Eternity (Heaven or hell) = ∞ (Infinity)

Eternity – 130 = ?

The question mark cannot be quantified with numbers.
100,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,………,

No matter how long one lives, his/her life on earth is insignificant compared to eternity (which is forever).

Nobody really knows when his/her end comes. So why should we live a wasted life on earth?

Now you have read, the choice is yours, because people have to make their choices. But I pray that you will make the wise choice.

Joshua 24:15 - And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; …. : but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.

Psalm 95:7b, 8a - Today if ye will hear his voice, Harden not your heart…

Psalm 51:17 - The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.

Philippians 2:12 - …work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

Isaiah 1:18 - Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.

John 6:37 - All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

Matthew 16:26 - For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?

James 4:8 - Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.

Romans 6:23 - For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Take these Steps if you want to give your life to JESUS CHRIST.

Believe 
Mark 16:16 - He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

Receive
John 1:12 - But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

Acknowledge your sins
Romans 3:23 - For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Repent of your sins
Luke 13:3 - Except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

Confess your sins
I John 1:9 - If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Forsake your sins
Isaiah 55:7 - Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.

Be Baptized
Romans 6:4 - Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

Prayer of Salvation
Dear Lord Jesus I am a sinner. I believe that you died for my sins. Right now I repent by turning away from sin and open the door of my heart and life to You. I receive You as my personal Lord and Saviour. Through the help of the Holy Spirit I will serve you all the days of my life.

If you have prayed to receive Jesus as your Lord and Saviour earnestly and have asked God to give you the Holy Spirit who will become your comforter and helper, we recommend that you study the Scriptures on a daily basis for spiritual growth.
Be encouraged to fellowship in a Bible believing and Holy Spirit filled Church where you will be baptized. God will help you to make right choices.

God bless and keep you.

Amen.

Download links:
Bible for mobile phones- wap.jolon.org
Daily Devotions for mobile phones in monthly bundle- www.fourteenfloor.com/mobile
Re: Too Busy: For Eternity? by poweredcom(m): 1:00am On Dec 07, 2010
bullshit, nothing like hell or heaven, Ok,
Re: Too Busy: For Eternity? by alexleo(m): 7:18am On Dec 07, 2010
@Techman,
God bless you real good. You have said the truth, He that has an ear let him hear.

poweredcom:

THERE IS HEAVEN AND THERE IS HELL. WEATHER YOU BELIEVE IT OR NOT IS IMMATERIAL. To believe it is for your own good and to reject it is for your own peril. (either way you choose, we have nothing to lose)
Re: Too Busy: For Eternity? by Moonstone(f): 7:24am On Dec 07, 2010
Amen @ what I just skimmed through. Completely on the mark.

poweredcom:

How do you know there's no Heaven or Hell? Have you ever died?
Re: Too Busy: For Eternity? by poweredcom(m): 11:40pm On Dec 08, 2010
THERE IS HEAVEN AND THERE IS HELL. WEATHER YOU BELIEVE IT OR NOT IS IMMATERIAL. To believe it is for your own good and to reject it is for your own peril. (either way you choose, we have nothing to lose)
@Techman  that is the lamest write up i have ever seen, All these are just speculation no proof, Our supernatural father did not create us to destroy us in eternal punishment, and again the KJV bible is not true in it original form and ful of contradiction by the translation of King james himself. who hired poet to translate it by them adding and removing the real truth that needed and adding what suited their heart to use and slave the world , so i sorry for all of you that dont read PHILOSOPHY at all you  are lost , even your pastors come to Metaphysicians and traditionalist to learn more you all dey do  follow follow

see people wey wan enter heaven when your Bible tells you that only 144,000 people will enter heaven, how come, so then it says that we are all sinners again.so na who wan enter now? use your head to think Ok a person that is dead is dead, after all your same pastors say Ashes to ashes dust to dust to a dead body b4 being buried, no judgment, Ok its on the last day when God want to come he wil transform the earth to a paradise on it own and all those that have been buried in it fro day one, will come back to inherit it and the wicked will not.that all
http://www.answerbag.com/q_view/117440

How do you know there's no Heaven or Hell? Have you ever died?
@Moonstone  You too How do you know there's no Heaven or Hell? Have you ever died? See Mugus

All My brothers please the white man Christianity religion has taught us black people here in the wilderness of Africa that we will sprout wings when we die and fly up to the sky where God will have for us a special place called HEAVEN. this is a white man Christain religion used to brain wash us black people Africans, we believed it!, we accepted it!,we embracced it!,we preticed it! while we do all these the white man has twisted his christainity to keep his foot on our backs riding our backside,  and to keep our eyes fixed on the pie in the sky and heaven in the hereafter, while he enjoys his heavens here on this earth in this life, MALCOLM X

NOTE-No Heaven was in the sky,and no hell was under the ground,Both heaven and hell are just conditions in which people lived right here on this planet earth
Re: Too Busy: For Eternity? by Moonstone(f): 9:10pm On Dec 11, 2010
poweredcom:

@Moonstone  You too How do you know there's no Heaven or Hell? Have you ever died? See Mugus

All My brothers please the white man Christianity religion has taught us black people here in the wilderness of Africa that we will sprout wings when we die and fly up to the sky where God will have for us a special place called HEAVEN. this is a white man Christain religion used to brain wash us black people Africans, we believed it!, we accepted it!,we embracced it!,we preticed it! while we do all these the white man has twisted his christainity to keep his foot on our backs riding our backside,  and to keep our eyes fixed on the pie in the sky and heaven in the hereafter, while he enjoys his heavens here on this earth in this life, MALCOLM X

NOTE-No Heaven was in the sky,and no hell was under the ground,Both heaven and hell are just conditions in which people lived right here on this planet earth
I'm sure you meant to ask how do i know there's heaven or hell? Well the people that have died and come back have told us stories of these places. Have you ever met someone who has died and risen up and said nothing of heaven or hell? Forget the whole white man/black man stuff. You will make up any excuse to please yourself. I suggest you remove the racist part of it. Jesus was not racist and if there was any racism to this, the white man would have made you believe that you will be condemned for being black. Do your research well. It's not everything you don't see that does not exist. What proof do you have that there is air? Can you see it? Yet it performs its work. Gravity cannot be seen but it works in its own ways. . . . stop kidding yourself and actually look deep down. There is something more to our lives than just us so figure it out.
Re: Too Busy: For Eternity? by poweredcom(m): 1:15am On Dec 20, 2010
I'm sure you meant to ask how do i know there's heaven or hell? Well the people that have died and come back have told us stories of these places. Have you ever met someone who has died and risen up and said nothing of heaven or hell? Forget the whole white man/black man stuff. You will make up any excuse to please yourself. I suggest you remove the racist part of it. Jesus was not racist and if there was any racism to this, the white man would have made you believe that you will be condemned for being black. Do your research well. It's not everything you don't see that does not exist. What proof do you have that there is air? Can you see it? Yet it performs its work. Gravity cannot be seen but it works in its own ways. . . . stop kidding yourself and actually look deep down. There is something more to our lives than just us so figure it out

Well
Well the people that have died and come back have told us stories of these places
Rubbish balderdash
a soul that is dead is dead dont be brain washed those people did not die they only tricked you to sell out , and coming back to life, BIG SCAM
Re: Too Busy: For Eternity? by Moonstone(f): 7:45am On Dec 20, 2010
poweredcom:

Well Rubbish balderdash
a soul that is dead is dead dont be brain washed those people did not die they only tricked you to sell out , and coming back to life, BIG SCAM
Souls don't die, bodies die. The soul is immortal, you know that. That's one thing science has never been able to explain. How people come back to life. It has happened so many times or how people who are supposed to be dead, stay alive in dangerous situations.
Re: Too Busy: For Eternity? by poweredcom(m): 1:51am On Dec 21, 2010
Souls don't die, bodies die. The soul is immortal, you know that. That's one thing science has never been able to explain. How people come back to life. It has happened so many times or how people who are supposed to be dead, stay alive in dangerous situations.

Men sister you need some real comon sense, people die and come back to life is being used by evil spirit, Ok, well a body that is dead cannot coem back to life, but can incarnate some years after, in looks an traits of offspring ok

(1) (Reply)

How Different Are Catholic Beliefs From Christian Beliefs? / Mysticism The Key To Self Realisation / Is Satan A Catholic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.