Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,108 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:05 AM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (1105) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4757340 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1102) (1103) (1104) (1105) (1106) (1107) (1108) ... (5692) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 7:03am On Nov 02, 2018
laytoshtwo:

From God is good Ajah to that place is almost #800.
You are actually right, I don't do such journey o to pick riders but did because I don't want troubles.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Khez: 7:21am On Nov 02, 2018
Khez:
Pls guys what exactly do taxify check in this vehicles I'm fixing my car up wanna know where to based my priority most. Pls those who have gone for taxify inspection in Lagos pls help educated God bless.

Someone should answer me na abegi guys, thought we all here to learn? Na so una dey take ignore person for here?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Khez: 7:24am On Nov 02, 2018
taxiappguy:

Lol. You could see it in his eyes.
How do you see GPS error in someone's eyes?
Pls guys what exactly do taxify check in this vehicles I'm fixing my car up wanna know where to based my priority most. Pls those who have gone for taxify inspection in Lagos pls help educated God bless
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Khez: 7:24am On Nov 02, 2018
[quote author=Gentlelife50 post=72611771]
You are actually right, I don't do such journey o to pick riders but did because I don't want troubles. [/quotePls guys what exactly do taxify check in this vehicles I'm fixing my car up wanna know where to based my priority most. Pls those who have gone for taxify inspection in Lagos pls help educated God bless]
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Khez: 7:25am On Nov 02, 2018
Pls guys what exactly do taxify check in this vehicles I'm fixing my car up wanna know where to based my priority most. Pls those who have gone for taxify inspection in Lagos pls help educated God bless

Megadrop:
Bro, go get ur facts right, ending a trip is different from cancelling a request. When a request is made from a rider and the closest driver accepts and cancels, the uber server will immediately assign the request to another driver that is close and if there's no driver within that axis then the rider is notified that u have cancelled and he/she will have to request again. That's why you keep getting same request from same rider when you cancel cos there's no driver close and it also accounts for some long pickup location.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by taxiappguy: 7:26am On Nov 02, 2018
Khez:

Ac, radio, vehicle safety accessories, wheel balancing and alignment, interior and exterior etc

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Khez: 7:29am On Nov 02, 2018
Tires? Do I need a repaint? Even though the former ain't so bad? You know say car matter na small small, one can't finish the whole work in one day .advice boss. Thanks for responding.
taxiappguy:

Ac, radio, vehicle safety accessories, wheel balancing and alignment, interior and exterior etc
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by taxiappguy: 7:36am On Nov 02, 2018
Khez:
Tires? Do I need a repaint? Even though the former ain't so bad? You know say car matter na small small, one can't finish the whole work in one day .advice boss. Thanks for responding.
If the paint is not messed up you don't have to

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 7:40am On Nov 02, 2018
Morning people, it's my first time driving to Abeokuta from Lagos. I'd be moving from Magodo. I know I have to get to Redemption camp first. Please can someone guide me on how to get to Abeokuta from Redemption camp? Thanks.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 7:43am On Nov 02, 2018
codebrew85:
Morning people, it's my first time driving to Abeokuta from Lagos. I'd be moving from Magodo. I know I have to get to Redemption camp first. Please can someone guide me on how to get to Abeokuta from Redemption camp? Thanks.
Drive about 50km on the the express, you will see a bridge. The right side of the bridge is to ore while the left side is to Abeokuta.
Note: The first ramp is to ore while the second ramp is to Abeokuta

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Khez: 7:44am On Nov 02, 2018
taxiappguy:

If the paint is not messed up you don't have to

It's not too bad boss, just a little scratch here and there from Lagos danfos.

Thanks bruh I appreciate your response

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 7:47am On Nov 02, 2018
brogxy:

Drive about 50km on the the express, you will see a bridge. The right side of the bridge is to ore while the left side is to Abeokuta.
Note: The first ramp is to ore while the second ramp is to Abeokuta
Thanks a lot for this.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pafo(m): 7:54am On Nov 02, 2018
Good morning everyone.

Does an intending partner who in wants to give his car out on rentals have any course to visit uber office for his partner account registration?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by drestoneokuta(m): 8:04am On Nov 02, 2018
codebrew85:
From old till gate (7up) to the bridge where ull climb to link abk is about 45km, from redemption camp drive straight down, take the first exit by ur right to link Ore express way, immediately you link the express, stay on the left lane and make a U-turn, drive about 3km ull see around about just infront of Nestle, turn right a d fire straight down (about 23km), ull get to abk.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by drestoneokuta(m): 8:08am On Nov 02, 2018
Khez:

AC, radio, complete papers, break and full light, clean interior boot and bonnet, foot mat, drivers license. Then fix what you know is wrong with your car. Painting isn't necessary if scratch no or dent no plenty for your car.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by toomush(m): 8:13am On Nov 02, 2018
codebrew85:

Google map is your friend, in the last few weeks I have been to Abeokuta twice. It was my first time, it's a straight road, with just two major turns, at Lagos-ibadan expressway and the big roundabout that's all
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by toomush(m): 8:17am On Nov 02, 2018
Uber don scam me with surge, I dey magodo in the middle of surge, dem give trip from olowora angry i tell the lady I'm at alausa, she said not to worry that she will cancel, still there I got another's trip to cipm still no surge
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by taxiappguy: 8:20am On Nov 02, 2018
Purchase the Insurance you want through Taxi App Guy and get up to 5k as Cashback.
Just tell us which insurance company amongst the companies we work with you prefer and we will connect you with the company's agent. After you purchase your insurance, please contact us and request your Cashback.
Simple.
AXA Mansard x Cornerstone Insurance only.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by tukopy: 9:13am On Nov 02, 2018
Good morning People, what do you all think of this Car Auction happening tomorrow?

Join the biggest car event in Nigeria this Sat, Nov 3. Bid for cars like Toyota, Honda, etc with prices as low as N200K. Register now https:///2LyzjD2

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 9:42am On Nov 02, 2018
toomush:

Google map is your friend, in the last few weeks I have been to Abeokuta twice. It was my first time, it's a straight road, with just two major turns, at Lagos-ibadan expressway and the big roundabout that's all
Okay. Google map was my first option but what happens if there's no network, hence my asking here for the direction. Anyways, thanks.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by iyaegin: 9:44am On Nov 02, 2018
deedee44:

This is where you're getting it wrong, if a driver let's a request slide it will automatically go to another driver. That's because the first/closest driver didn't respond but once a driver accepts , that's the end of the search, if the driver cancels afterwards that rider will have to make another request, app won't find another driver automatically

This is so not true.immediately a driver cancels even after accepting it automatically goes to the next driver except there is none in the vicinity.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 9:45am On Nov 02, 2018
drestoneokuta:

From old till gate (7up) to the bridge where ull climb to link abk is about 45km, from redemption camp drive straight down, take the first exit by ur right to link Ore express way, immediately you link the express, stay on the left lane and make a U-turn, drive about 3km ull see around about just infront of Nestle, turn right a d fire straight down (about 23km), ull get to abk.
Here's another angle. Most people I spoke with actually advised I took the second exit though. Thanks boss.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 10:05am On Nov 02, 2018
[quote author=Khez post=72612307][/quote]
AC chilling, radio working, body scratches free, good tires, interior well kept, papers complete, drivers license valid, then have your spare tire, fire extinguisher and Jack. They may not check everything but it's good everything is in other to be safe. And don't forget 2k inspection fee and small tip though optional.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Terrence15115: 10:18am On Nov 02, 2018
iyaegin:

This is so not true.immediately a driver cancels even after accepting it automatically goes to the next driver except there is none in the vicinity.

Once a rider makes a request it goes to the nearest driver who if he doesn't accept goes to the next rider. There are other instances that Uber will intentionally give a card trip not to the nearest driver but another one who's done plenty cash trips so they can recoup their money easily. Once the driver picks it, he is paired with the rider. If he cancels it then, the rider will have to make another request, obviously to another driver. I don't think it's automatic

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by frugal(m): 10:35am On Nov 02, 2018
taxiappguy:

Lol. You could see it in his eyes.
How do you see GPS error in someone's eyes?
LOL. Don't mind him. I'm sure the poor customer was just perplexed too.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by frugal(m): 10:41am On Nov 02, 2018
Khez:

Someone should answer me na abegi guys, thought we all here to learn? Na so una dey take ignore person for here?

You sound entitled grin
Cc: GAZZUZZ cheesy

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Dzeph1: 11:33am On Nov 02, 2018
Please I need a car for uber and taxify hire purchase or rental
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by alstarmayo(m): 11:47am On Nov 02, 2018
deedee44:

So after accepting a request, they will now swap your rider with a closer one. Well I will believe when it happens to me lol

it's been happening as far back as last year

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by busayo2uk: 12:32pm On Nov 02, 2018
I just experienced this last tuesday as a rider. I requested for a ride and the driver kept changing. i presumed each driver was cancelling until is is now being discussed.

Moda1:
It has happened to me just the way u described it .I didn't cancel as a rider but yet I was matched with 3drivers on 1 trip .3 of them called one after the other. The drivers kept changing until the final person arrived. Me as a rider was confused and I wasted more than 30mins for pick up .I guess network interference sha

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:48pm On Nov 02, 2018
frugal:

You sound entitled grin
Cc: GAZZUZZ cheesy

nah their way..

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by busayo2uk: 1:01pm On Nov 02, 2018
With what i am seeing on the screenshot, you caused this for yourself. This is a very simple case. You do not need to argue with the customer which Uber forbid. Uber has already indicated that you can cancel if rider isn't her after 5 mins. Please note that cancellation after 5 mins of waiting for your rider is legitimate and do not count against you, but rather, N300 is paid to you. If you have decided to wait, uber is paying you N11 per min so you do not need to argue with the rider. For me, if i wait for a reasonable time, and i am not getting good feedback, and uber has encouraged me to cancel after 5 mins. I will quickly cancel sharp sharp.

Let me tell you an experience. I drove a long km to arrive at a pick up location, the rider said she was sorry that they had already taken another uber. I just waited for 5 mins with prayer that the rider will not cancel before 5 mins. immediately after 5 mins and uber notified me that i can cancel if rider isnt here. i did sharp sharp and i gained 300 for my wasted fuel.

Gentlelife50:
See how long I waited ooo after driving in this bad road and see I drove from ajiwe to this place ooo
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by OldBeer: 2:13pm On Nov 02, 2018
Yettymuse, this is the uber thread.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1102) (1103) (1104) (1105) (1106) (1107) (1108) ... (5692) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: Djdamian(m), Welz(m), Cineinfo(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.