Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,767 members, 7,827,845 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:46 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (1316) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4795547 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1313) (1314) (1315) (1316) (1317) (1318) (1319) ... (5698) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Epphy(m): 1:38pm On Feb 03, 2019
377:
To hell with Uber or taxify nonsense I am tired of doing this business and I have formally deleted the apps on my phone permanently. Nonsense business indeed. That's y some taxi drivers say they can't dovtgis Lind of business at all. U work our hell out for nothing to show. If u do this useless job for five years vu can't achieve anything at all. Nothing

Sorry...wetin happen
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:41pm On Feb 03, 2019
377:
To hell with Uber or taxify nonsense I am tired of doing this business and I have formally deleted the apps on my phone permanently. Nonsense business indeed. That's y some taxi drivers say they can't dovtgis Lind of business at all. U work our hell out for nothing to show. If u do this useless job for five years vu can't achieve anything at all. Nothing

chucsmoore would disagree.

Check your work tools, check your approach to work, read and ask questions you will be fine.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pooozeee(m): 2:05pm On Feb 03, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

chucsmoore would disagree.

Check your work tools, check your approach to work, read and ask questions you will be fine.

Everyone us just doing the job temporarily, some are doing it for fun.
Some are doing it due to hardship and unemployment
No one can be happy driving people around with insult then uber will charge 25% while you still buy fuel.

13 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Hola123: 2:21pm On Feb 03, 2019
Hi! Am a guy in my mid 20 a new registered uber driver with a valid driving license, I need a car for rent to deliver 30k weekly, i live in Lagos Ogudu/Ojota, contact me through 0811 623 8619.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Fahrenz: 2:46pm On Feb 03, 2019
pooozeee:

No one can be happy driving people around with insult then uber will charge 25% while you still buy fuel.
uber no longer charges 25%. Uber is now on 15% on week days and 5% on weekends.

1.1 = 10% off= 15%
1.2 = 20% off = 5%

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by franksam2009: 2:49pm On Feb 03, 2019
rkennyking:
pls can you throw more light on this. I will like to know what your reasons are and see if there could be way around it
riders will definitely underprice the drivers, and drivers with good clean cars will reject the offer and definitely boycott your company,. Den drivers with dead kabukabu cars that couldn't pass Uber/taxify test would accept the offers,. Ur customers won't enjoy their rides and would boycott ur company and return to Uber/taxify

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by shollywendy1(m): 2:49pm On Feb 03, 2019
EverythingCars:
I have a sound 05 Toyota Corolla available for daily ride. Pick up in the morning and return in the evening.

Available for pickup by 6/6:30am and return by 6/7pm.

If this term is ok by you, please call or whatsapp 08022065063.

Lagos residents. Pickup/dropoff location: Victoria Island.
Lol

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 377: 2:57pm On Feb 03, 2019
Fahrenz:
uber no longer charges 25%. Uber is now on 15% on week days and 5% on weekends.

1.1 = 10% off= 15%
1.2 = 20% off = 5%
When did this one start please stop carrying fake news or.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by franksam2009: 3:00pm On Feb 03, 2019
dru23:

From experience and please and please don't take that car .. I rather similar experience with my 07 elantra.. Wrong and cheap oil was used.. The oil started to short, we than top the oil every three weeks. We couldn't locate the leak and nothing was showing on the ground.. The oil shorten to the point that there was no more oil .. Finally engine was ringed for about 150k naira.. After 6months or less I sold the car .. The point is no matter how you chop it ,slice and dice it .. Once Nigeria mechanics ring that engine, the engine will never be the same again.. It would have been better to have bought a Grade A tokunbo engine .. Stay away from that car ...
bro please what type of oil was used on it,. Whats the sae number?,. How long do you leave it be4 u service the oil,, pls enlighten us novice Biko let's learn 4rm it
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nitigriti(m): 3:12pm On Feb 03, 2019
Haaaaaahhhhhhhh!
OK, I comment my reserve

EverythingCars:
I have a sound 05 Toyota Corolla available for daily ride. Pick up in the morning and return in the evening.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 3:13pm On Feb 03, 2019
franksam2009:
bro please what type of oil was used on it,. Whats the sae number?,. How long do you leave it be4 u service the oil,, pls enlighten us novice Biko let's learn 4rm it

The elantra that had oil issue and it was use for uber .. I was new to the uber business at that time .. It got to a point that all my cars had sludge in them.. So I ask the manager what oil was he using. He said total oil ,Gods only knows if he exactly used total or 5k naira on the road side.. Most Nigerians and mechanics don't follow owner manual. To them oyel na oyel.. The point is to use full synthetic oil for not only uber cars, but personal cars .. Find a good brand and make sure it is full synthetic oil .. With full synthetic oil ,it will last you a good 6k miles before changing. Depending on the brand it might last 10k to 15k miles before oil change. If you decide to use mineral oil ,which is very common in the Nigerian market both. You oil change can't be more than 3k miles.. If you go above 3k miles you are risking oil sludge in your engine.. Before you know it your engine will start to short oil and smoke.. And last last you will either need engine replacement or " ringing". Of the engine.. Which will than last you a year if you are lucky...
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 3:17pm On Feb 03, 2019
franksam2009:

If you want a good oil. Use mobil 1 imported from the USA . Are they other good brands in the market ? Yes . But I can only vouch for what I use and sell... and always read and follower owners manual at all times ...

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Fahrenz: 3:23pm On Feb 03, 2019
377:

not fake news. Since dec

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by franksam2009: 3:46pm On Feb 03, 2019
dru23:

If you want a good oil. Use mobil 1 imported from the USA . Are they other good brands in the market ? Yes . But I can only vouch for what I use and sell... and always read and follower owners manual at all times ...
I was using XHP when I was unaware about oil difference,. So this is my first use of full synthetic oil, in 3 weeks of using it, I noticed something like charcoal dust in it when I check oil guage,, car doesn't short oil and doesn't smoke,,. I hope it's not a sign of problem
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 4:00pm On Feb 03, 2019
franksam2009:
I was using XHP when I was unaware about oil difference,. So this is my first use of full synthetic oil, in 3 weeks of using it, I noticed something like charcoal dust in it when I check oil guage,, car doesn't short oil and doesn't smoke,,. I hope it's not a sign of problem

To be frank with you , I don't know much about Mobil XHP , all I know is that if your manual says use 5w30. Please use 5w30. The Mobil XHP, I don't know what it stands for, and my guess is that it might not be full synthetic oil nor does it write what grade it is . Meaning is it 5w30, 0w20, 0w40 etc ... if you don't know follow manufacture advice, so that we don't hear stories that touch..even some high end cars Mobil 1 oil does not meet manufacture spefications . This is just to show you that you don't put any oil in your car. Oyel no be oyel.. Like Meek Mill says ' There is level to this Sh * t "
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 4:02pm On Feb 03, 2019
377:

Bro this is not fake news. I just double check from a friend that does uber .. If you want to I can post the chat I had with him

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by goldcorn(f): 4:05pm On Feb 03, 2019
Hello, I have a car I want to put on Uber hirer purchase in Lagos. Call me on 09093906769 for further enquiries.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 4:11pm On Feb 03, 2019
pooozeee:

400 bucks from ikeja to iyana-ipaja and passenger expects you to haul his load around while you're at it.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:17pm On Feb 03, 2019
goldcorn:
Hello, I have a car I want to put on Uber hirer purchase in Lagos. Call me on 09093906769 for further enquiries.

Does not work like that here.

Post the make and engine size, it's current state of repairs, your location, also let us know if its a brand new car, toks car or Nigerian used car.

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:18pm On Feb 03, 2019
GidiWoodsMan:

400 bucks from ikeja to iyana-ipaja and passenger expects you to haul his load around while you're at it.

No gun used.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mabeni(m): 4:20pm On Feb 03, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

stop focusing on just the engine, there are other parts of a car. If you Drove it for 6months and it served, then replacing the engine with a sound one should not be a problem to the owner. Just factor it into the HP.
every other parts are okay and the bad ones have been replaced. Thanks
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by franksam2009: 4:38pm On Feb 03, 2019
dru23:

To be frank with you , I don't know much about Mobil XHP , all I know is that if your manual says use 5w30. Please use 5w30. The Mobil XHP, I don't know what it stands for, and my guess is that it might not be full synthetic oil nor does it write what grade it is . Meaning is it 5w30, 0w20, 0w40 etc ... if you don't know follow manufacture advice, so that we don't hear stories that touch..even some high end cars Mobil 1 oil does not meet manufacture spefications . This is just to show you that you don't put any oil in your car. Oyel no be oyel.. Like Meek Mill says ' There is level to this Sh * t "
mobile 1 is too costly Sha,. And allowing the oil stay for over 2 months will build up sluge in the engine,. That's why Its better to use cheaper oil and change it monthly to avoid building up sludges

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by 377: 4:45pm On Feb 03, 2019
dru23:

Bro this is not fake news. I just double check from a friend that does uber .. If you want to I can post the chat I had with him
When did this start cos I am in Abuja and they are.still charging 15% any.way if it is try then no body should complain did they reduce their fare or only their commission. Tks
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 4:50pm On Feb 03, 2019
EverythingCars:

See how you are just obsessed about this post. This is the 3rd comment in less than 1hr.

Fahrenz ain't obsessed, you don't have to take this personal, he's just telling you what's obtainable... Forget about people calling, it does not translate to successful business. Funny how people that are neck deep into sometin advice, instead for them to be appreciated, we try to turn it to sometin else.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 4:56pm On Feb 03, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

No gun used.

Context please.

People do such jobs only as long as they have to, which is what the guy I quoted was explaining.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 5:22pm On Feb 03, 2019
franksam2009:
mobile 1 is too costly Sha,. And allowing the oil stay for over 2 months will build up sluge in the engine,. That's why Its better to use cheaper oil and change it monthly to avoid building up sludges

Mineral oil will coz more sludge build up than full synthetic oil .. In terms of oil change, factor in the cost of your less expensive oil and how often you will need to change oil and filter.. Now if you use your car for uber.. At least as a full time driver, you will doing at least 2k plus miles a month.. Your less expensive oil will require you for the safety of your engine to do oil change at least 3k miles .. With Mobil 1 extended performance you are guaranteed 15k miles before oil change.. One of biggest client that buys from. Said rite now he is clocking 9k miles without oil change, he might clock 10k miles before changing oil .. Now he buys oil from me at 17k for 5liters. Which is more than enough for the 04 corolla he drives. Mind you with that 10k miles he is still using the same 2k naira ultra synthetic oil filter. With you now each time you change oil ,you have to change oil filter.. From your cut costing ways, I can guarantee that your oil filter is about 500 naira.. Which is very low quality, and u not knowing that low quality oil filter can coz serious damage to your engine.. The reason why I say this is that, some material that are used to make this filter are actually paper.. The paper might not be strong enough to absorb the dirty oil .. And in the process the paper starts to tear apart and parts of it ends up circulating inside your engine.. Either way ,I wish you the best on your maintenance culture...

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dhavydo(m): 5:24pm On Feb 03, 2019
Nawa o.
EverythingCars:

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 5:25pm On Feb 03, 2019
377:

When did this start cos I am in Abuja and they are.still charging 15% any.way if it is try then no body should complain did they reduce their fare or only their commission. Tks

This is Lagos o .. I don't known about Abuja
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:44pm On Feb 03, 2019
377:

Read thread title please.

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by alstarmayo(m): 5:57pm On Feb 03, 2019
oil for 2 months will cause slugde? did you read this in the manual or just assuming?

franksam2009:

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by franksam2009: 6:20pm On Feb 03, 2019
alstarmayo:
oil for 2 months will cause slugde? did you read this in the manual or just assuming?

I'm just assuming!!!! Me I use GLife full synthetic and I Don't allow it stay up to 2 months sef,,, manual says Toyota oil 6k miles,. But me can't risk not changing my oil until 6k mileage, which is like 4 months shocked shocked shocked
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by boxymccoy(m): 6:20pm On Feb 03, 2019
A manual corolla(bank type) 06, available on rentals, location: Gbagada... call 09066846080 if interested

(1) (2) (3) ... (1313) (1314) (1315) (1316) (1317) (1318) (1319) ... (5698) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: tojahh(m), raiszy2k(m), Jakpajohnss(m), Princely01(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.