Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,696 members, 7,834,318 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 01:41 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (1432) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4814171 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1429) (1430) (1431) (1432) (1433) (1434) (1435) ... (5703) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GforGee: 11:40pm On Mar 21, 2019
busayo2uk:

You can change the setting to Goggle Map. Uber or Taxify maps are not accurate.

Thanks a lot. Very helpful when I changed
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Gentlelife50(m): 11:41pm On Mar 21, 2019
pope191:

Bros take heart, more reason I wish I know how to cheat, it hurt when rider use those words "that's the right price", all will to argue will just varnish and they may compound the pain by dashing you 200 naira change as if its a favour. It is well
I try as much as possible to avoid doing this type of charity or NGO job in voice by always checking the fare all through the journey, I even check Uber if it's cash. I no want one Yeye rider to start telling me he's on one Yeye promo.
grin
Once it happen they will tell u they are on promo

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GforGee: 11:43pm On Mar 21, 2019
izzou:

Extra tip: Don't use the same phone you use for the app to answer calls. Get a smaller phone

And always use the "calculate price" button at intervals, especially when you don't trust your phone. This will help you to know when you're on a "Charity and NGO" trip

Is that button also on uber?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by darmilolah(m): 11:58pm On Mar 21, 2019
BAZ001:
Lekki conservation center to Ikeda city mall
Traffic and all 3rd mainland hold up
# 1,300 and rider was claiming yes that's the price
I've suffered shocked
What can I do
Feel like just going home to sleep

Either uber or bolt. If I hear say I no collect my money.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by gobuchinny: 4:17am On Mar 22, 2019
BAZ001:
I've suffered shocked
What can I do

Sorry bro, please be checking/estimating your fare from the app during the trip...you will see the progression of the fare increase and detect if all is well with the fare.

Furthermore, if this happens frequently, you might wanna check you phone specifications...cheers

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by gobuchinny: 4:20am On Mar 22, 2019
Gentlelife50:
Any day u work with Taxify app u must get headache if not their riders it will be their app or their scam and Yeye bonus.

After waiting for rider for almost 30 minutes the person will enter and start telling u 'Oga fast I am in a hurry', like what.
Oga join this lane it's moving fast, Oga increase your Ac, Oga this that. The time I used to wait for you is enough to complete your journey.

I didn't work normal today because I was chasing bonus and had to stick to their app. Now see me, just one driver did not respond everything shattered. Brogxy ur own better goan enjoy.

I detest that attitude mehn..when in obvious traffic or I'm doing a decent speed limit and I hear this, the thing dey annoy person.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 5:58am On Mar 22, 2019
Gentlelife50:

I try as much as possible to avoid doing this type of charity or NGO job in voice by always checking the fare all through the journey, I even check Uber if it's cash. I no want one Yeye rider to start telling me he's on one Yeye promo.
grin
Once it happen they will tell u they are on promo

Even with cash, rider can still b on promo, it once happened to me from silver bird to surulere, end trip and saw 100naira, rider was on promo, and d most painful part, she doesn't have 100 naira change grin , I've to let go.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Seun360(m): 6:44am On Mar 22, 2019
BAZ001:
I've suffered shocked
What can I do

that's because ur uber app went offline when u are making use of ur google map.

Try as much az possible to use ur uber map navigator while ur google map should be on the background giving u audible notifications.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:55am On Mar 22, 2019
franksam2009:
Have anyone experience this issue before?
I spent Abt 6 hours in a big stop and little move traffic 2day, I noticed my car started overheating if the AC is on and the brakes is held for a long time, but it doesn't overheat if it's in neutral, like if I Don't hold the brakes it won't overheat, I have changed the radiator cover and it's still dsame,.
And I also noticed the car just developed strange power, like it can climb a mountain if I let go of the brakes and it makes a big relief sound if I should move from 'D' to 'N' if AC is on
Please u guys that spends much time on the road do u experience such,. Plz be sincere,Do u still have ur themostat? Cos I am thinking of removing my themostat cry

engine ECU is over compensating for load requirement when gear is engaged. Check throttle body and IACV. Also perform an idle relearn procedure.

If your technician does not under stand the terms I used, find another technician.

13 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Hustlersdiary: 7:02am On Mar 22, 2019
Good morning everyone if a rider is on promo, does that mean Taxify or Uber would not pay the driver for the ride? Cos I once used a promo code on one of my rides, when I got to my destination and the driver saw that the fare was low and I told him I was on promo the guy mood changed once I had to tip him. I'm curious I just want to know if Taxify and Uber give riders promo code at the expense of the drivers.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 7:27am On Mar 22, 2019
Hustlersdiary:
Good morning everyone if a rider is on promo, does that mean Taxify or Uber would not pay the driver for the ride? Cos I once used a promo code on one of my rides, when I got to my destination and the driver saw that the fare was low and I told him I was on promo the guy mood changed once I had to tip him. I'm curious I just want to know if Taxify and Uber give riders promo code at the expense of the drivers.
The driver will be paid at the beginning of the following week, mood may change if driver already had plans for the cash.. Plans like getting fuel, buying food etc

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by franksam2009: 7:49am On Mar 22, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

engine ECU is over compensating for load requirement when gear is engaged. Check throttle body and IACV. Also perform an idle relearn procedure.

If your technician does not under stand the terms I used, find another technician.
thanks alot I will go there right away
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 7:55am On Mar 22, 2019
Seun360:

that's because ur uber app went offline when u are making use of ur google map.

Try as much az possible to use ur uber map navigator while ur google map should be on the background giving u audible notifications.

I have said dis over nd over, don't use Google map on taxify app, if u have too, don't start it.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Hustlersdiary: 7:55am On Mar 22, 2019
deedee44:

The driver will be paid at the beginning of the following week, mood may change if driver already had plans for the cash.. Plans like getting fuel, buying food etc

Oh okay. Thanks
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nitigriti(m): 8:43am On Mar 22, 2019
deedee44:

Na so
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by sammirano: 8:54am On Mar 22, 2019
Am coming with my promo very soon.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Sakamanjeh99(m): 10:12am On Mar 22, 2019
First long trip Eva to sagamu...
To comot d sagamu now...
Na empty...
Na wa o

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by berrydee: 10:27am On Mar 22, 2019
If you are an active Bolt/Uber driver currently in need of a car on both platform with 3 month experience, call or whatsapp this numbers for available cars right now.

Note: If the cars on ground had been taken, you can still call or whatsapp to drop your details. whenever an opportunity arises, you will be called upon

Call: 08090645178

Whatsapp: 09082461162

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Teajayz(m): 10:37am On Mar 22, 2019
Do you have a valid Comprehensive car insurance?

If you are a Partner on uber/taxify and you still leverage on a third party insurance cover, believe me you are not ready for business.

With Comprehensive Insurance specially designed for e-hailing businesses like uber and taxify and other commercial purposes, you worry less about the following;

1. When the car gets burnt, be it partial or total
2. When the car gets stolen
3. Accidental damage of the car, partial or total
4. Third party property damage
5. Bodily Injury of the insured and third party
6. Flood Extension
7. Damages caused by malicious act

Imagine a car of 2.5 million gets stolen and you don't have a comprehensive insurance for the car
Imagine there was a fire outbreak where you parked your car overnight
Imagine a danfo driver hit your car on the highway and run away

With a Comprehensive Insurance cover, all imaginations above are covered;

You get your money back or a replacement car (your car type) if stolen or got burnt. T& C applies
Your damaged car gets repaired without a kobo coming out from you T & C applies.

To know more about this type of insurance cover and any other type, kindly reach me on 07056213630.

Get 5% discount premium on Comprehensive Insurance, offer Valid till 31st March, 2019.

We don't pray to have accidents but it happens everyday. Secure unplanned for expenses on your car today

#INSURANCEMAN

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Oluwabengz(m): 10:54am On Mar 22, 2019
[quote author=darmilolah post=76871649]

Either uber or bolt. If I hear say I no collect my money.

I swear! People wey dey the neighborhood na him go help us settle the matter grin if the rider no gimme 3k or more
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 10:57am On Mar 22, 2019
Sakamanjeh99:
To comot d sagamu now...
Na empty...
Na wa o
Why didn't you negotiate offline?
Your excuse will be that Uber doesn't not operate outside Lagos so you can only go there offline.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by slamstanlee(m): 11:13am On Mar 22, 2019
pope191:

I have said dis over nd over, don't use Google map on taxify app, if u have too, don't start it.
i use google map all the time no wahala. It has to do with network glitch, phone type, app or server error.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 11:24am On Mar 22, 2019
slamstanlee:
i use google map all the time no wahala. It has to do with network glitch, phone type, app or server error.

I get, but its good to b on d safe side
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Chae: 11:24am On Mar 22, 2019
Inside dolphins estate no request Kilon sele gan gan
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Toseenlove: 11:48am On Mar 22, 2019
Sakamanjeh99:
To comot d sagamu now...
Na empty...
Na wa o

Your name na sakamanjeh true true....The name fit u well. Na to add Sugonmu join na hin remain. Sakamanjeh Sugonmu. The name Plum I swear lol.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eherbal(m): 11:55am On Mar 22, 2019
gobuchinny:

grin grin Bro you r right..as regards performance, balance and finesse the Honda beats the toyota between the corolla is very boring..just a good efficient car for business but honestly if you looking for more than moving from point A to B then the Honda beats it hands down..but German cars na d ultimate tho grin
mercedes Benz is my dream car. I don't wanna know about any other brand. I will purchase one with my retirement money. grin

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eherbal(m): 11:56am On Mar 22, 2019
gobuchinny:

She's a beauty bruv..your old lady still looking sharp wink
the car will be 26years from date of manufacture cheesy

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eherbal(m): 12:00pm On Mar 22, 2019
franksam2009:
Have anyone experience this issue before?
I spent Abt 6 hours in a big stop and little move traffic 2day, I noticed my car started overheating if the AC is on and the brakes is held for a long time, but it doesn't overheat if it's in neutral, like if I Don't hold the brakes it won't overheat, I have changed the radiator cover and it's still dsame,.
And I also noticed the car just developed strange power, like it can climb a mountain if I let go of the brakes and it makes a big relief sound if I should move from 'D' to 'N' if AC is on
Please u guys that spends much time on the road do u experience such,. Plz be sincere,Do u still have ur themostat? Cos I am thinking of removing my themostat cry
remove thermostat and die smiley

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eherbal(m): 12:01pm On Mar 22, 2019
Gentlelife50:

I have been experiencing this too, though mine doesn't overheat
type if car?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eherbal(m): 12:06pm On Mar 22, 2019
gobuchinny:

I detest that attitude mehn..when in obvious traffic or I'm doing a decent speed limit and I hear this, the thing dey annoy person.
just simply let them know in a gentle voice that over speeding can cause loss of control in case of an unseen Incident, and you may never get to a destination. You can also say the car has been automatically clocked to a certain speed default by the partner cool

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by slamstanlee(m): 12:25pm On Mar 22, 2019
pope191:

I get, but its good to b on d safe side
just keep ur uber/bolt app floating on top the Google map, and dont lock ur phone

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by slamstanlee(m): 12:26pm On Mar 22, 2019
eherbal:
mercedes Benz is my dream car. I don't wanna know about any other brand. I will purchase one with my retirement money. grin
yea benz dey try. But BMW na German beast

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (1429) (1430) (1431) (1432) (1433) (1434) (1435) ... (5703) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: wave1(m), davit, Doris4ever(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.