Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,995 members, 7,821,474 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:31 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (1597) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4769324 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1594) (1595) (1596) (1597) (1598) (1599) (1600) ... (5696) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 4:08pm On May 22, 2019
Stealth100:
Okay, so I just walked up to a site labourer at Ajah and asked how much they earn daily. Guess what? 3k.

So if this guy leaves his labourer work that let's him take home 3k for uber that gives the same or slightly higher take home, is he wise or foolish?

Personally, I would stay on the labourer job and learn from the bricklayers how to build properly, maybe in two years I could graduate from labourer to bricklayer.

Driving uber for two years stagnates your personal growth for two years. No valuable skill learned for two years, no reasonable experience gathered in two years. No real prospect for growth even if you save 3k/day.

Just me thinking out loud sha.

What is the difference between them and graduates out their with no job . What about bank manager? Where is the personal growth there? How much are they making ... if you want any personal growth, start a business or grow a business.. Own something. .. To me that is personal growth.. To work for a company for the rest of a person life is not personal growth.. But we can't all be business owners. But at least we can own something to pass down to our children

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jesusson2020: 4:18pm On May 22, 2019
Xneg:

But jesusson or whatever you call yourself, is this fair? So you used your partbers vehicle anyhow since you can always ask him to fix the vehicle else you jump to the other.

I have good records for the past 5 months no single dent, same car. I love this car as if it's mine.

I only do Uber meaning I can't drive more than 12 hours a day. So tell me how I'm killing owners car.

What am I trying to explain to the frustrated men here is.

Car owner invest millions to buy a car, me I brought nothing but my phone and energy. And I make 3k, car owner make 5k.my own 3k I take it home and use it for myself only. Car owner will still bring his 5k back for fixing. Who should be more frustrated? Of course car owner.

But the Gentlelife50 and Co feel they are more frustrated.

I read about oga dru23, how he struggle after initial investment, then came back replan. And now doing much better.

God will deliver all of you... from Gentlelife50, pope191 Xneg, Stealth100, Tyche, darmilolah, mrsage, Chuwaa, eherbal, QuitNotice.

For Stealth100 that advise me to remain a laborer. My broda let me tell you my target.

I'm a future pastor, this is the part God reveal to me to follow. If I can achieve my own car via Uber leave the rest for God.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 4:19pm On May 22, 2019
Stealth100:

Because I'm yet to patronize your oil, doesn't mean I never will. Just that someone currently sells at a walking distance from me. Abi you will do free delivery? grin

You miss my point.. Nigerians will not patronise each other. They feel they too smart, like at OGATAXI .. How many of you guys patronise them? This is a local business ,maybe if people decides to patronise ogataxi, uber will sit up and do better and make it competing for everyone to enjoy... what about ivonson car manufacture company ? How many of you guys buy their cars? Even Ghana and other countries buy from them

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Stealth100: 4:22pm On May 22, 2019
dru23:

What is the difference between them and graduates out their with no job . What about bank manager? Where is the personal growth there? How much are they making ... if you want any personal growth, start a business or grow a business.. Own something. .. To me that is personal growth.. To work for a company for the rest of a person life is not personal growth.. But we can't all be business owners. But at least we can own something to pass down to our children

I kinda like the new dru. With all due respect bro, you sound even wiser now.

A bank manager with all that experience can easily get a job abroad and travel out. Same as our doctors and engineers.
What can someone with 5years uber driving experience do with it? That's what I mean by personal growth.

Also, a real graduate can easily get a teaching job while he/she search for a better one. Teachers earn real good now, with extra lesson income after school hours. And with enough time to read and further your studies if you desire. And the experience of a teaching job can always boost your CV. Again, what do you do with ehailing experience? A smart and brilliant graduate will hardly be jobless. But we all know the quality of graduates we produce in 9ja.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by hezade01: 4:29pm On May 22, 2019
If you are interested in Toyota Corolla for 30k rentals, call 0703 030 7290.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Stealth100: 4:29pm On May 22, 2019
jesusson2020:

I have good records for the past 5 months no single dent, same car. I love this car as if it's mine.

I only do Uber meaning I can't drive more than 12 hours a day. So tell me how I'm killing owners car.

Car owner invest millions to buy a car, me I brought nothing but my phone and energy. And I make 3k, car owner make 5k.my own 3k I take it home and use it for myself only. Car owner will still bring his 5k back for fixing. Who should be more frustrated? Of course car owner.

I read about oga dru23, how he struggle after initial investment, then came back replan. And now doing much better.

God will deliver all of you... from Gentlelife50, pope191 Xneg, Stealth100, Tyche, darmilolah, mrsage, Chuwaa, eherbal, QuitNotice.

For Stealth100 that advise me to remain a laborer. My broda let me tell you my target.

I'm a future pastor, this is the part God reveal to me to follow. If I can achieve my own car via Uber leave the rest for God.

Please forget about buying your own car first. I think you should build a church or rent a shop and start a church instead. It pays better, trust me.
Now I see why logic doesn't appeal to you.
Good luck man.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 4:31pm On May 22, 2019
GidiWoodsMan:

99% of the ladies who ride uber/taxify are danfo people who have never owned a car in their lives. You can deduce this from the way they slam the door getting in and out, yet they still talk down at uber drivers as if they are relating with their domestic staff. The olosho among them are the worst cheesy
They talk down at uber drivers that allow nonsense, the kain face I dey give those rude riders dem dey quickly adjust and stay their lane. Anyone that proves too stubborn I have every right to terminate the contract (end the trip), I'll just tell uber/bolt the trip was no longer safe for me or I feel threatened

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Stealth100: 4:34pm On May 22, 2019
dru23:

You miss my point.. Nigerians will not patronise each other. They feel they too smart, like at OGATAXI .. How many of you guys patronise them? This is a local business ,maybe if people decides to patronise ogataxi, uber will sit up and do better and make it competing for everyone to enjoy... what about ivonson car manufacture company ? How many of you guys buy their cars? Even Ghana and other countries buy from them

Bro there is no emotion or sentiments in business. If ogataxi want to go mainstream, they need to position themselves better and invest more. For now, they are just doing copy and paste. Uber invested heavily on promo, bonuses for drivers and riders, referral bonus etc. If ogataxi put in half the effort, they will get a large share of the market as well.
And people and naija govt buy innosson. Abi how else have they stayed in business for about four years now?

8 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 4:36pm On May 22, 2019
Stealth100:

I can't trade places with the guy earning 10k, that was me when I was 17yrs old doing phone call business. How he ended up earning 10k/month is his sole responsibility.

The ehailing industry is well established in Nigeria already. People are so accustomed to it especially the riders. There will be more than enough alternatives to uber, they will not even be missed one bit.

As long as uber is in Nigeria. And the Nigerian government does not kick them out .. Uber will continue to be number 1 in Nigeria. Or better yet unless we Nigerians as a whole start to religiously patronise local apps like ogataxi etc .. They will be no alternative to uber .. Uber is here to stay unless you cut off the end of the snake ..uber is here bro .. You just have to get use to it bro

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Stealth100: 4:37pm On May 22, 2019
Stealth100:

Bro there is no emotion or sentiments in business. If ogataxi want to go mainstream, they need to position themselves better and invest more. For now, they are just doing copy and paste. Uber invested heavily on promo, bonuses for drivers and riders, referral bonus etc. If ogataxi put in half the effort, they will get a large share of the market as well.
And people and naija govt buy innosson. Abi how else have they stayed in business for about four years now?

In other words, if uber leaves they will be adequately replaced by others.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 4:37pm On May 22, 2019
'pastor' Jesus son that abuses people with divergent opinion. You need brokenness
���

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by emmancecute(m): 4:39pm On May 22, 2019
Scholar212:
Anyone here who does fleet management, A friend wants to put up his Honda accord 2010 model for uber, lives in Benin so someone who is reliable with uber or taxify is needed.
NB: the car will be moved down to lag once everything works out well as planned.. Taxify is not yet viable in Benin here
I know someone who does, and he is good at it.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Stealth100: 4:39pm On May 22, 2019
dru23:
[/b]

As long as uber is in Nigeria. And the Nigerian government does not kick them out .. Uber will continue to be number 1 in Nigeria. Or better yet unless we Nigerians as a whole start to religiously patronise local apps like ogataxi etc .. They will be no alternative to uber ..

What about forcing uber to adjust through industrial action? They don't have to leave, that's not the objective. But until drivers say NO, we will keep getting tossed around.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Tyche(m): 4:56pm On May 22, 2019
He stays in an a/c area rather than under the sun

Stealth100:
Okay, so I just walked up to a site labourer at Ajah and asked how much they earn daily. Guess what? 3k.

So if this guy leaves his labourer work that let's him take home 3k for uber that gives the same or slightly higher take home, is he wise or foolish?

Personally, I would stay on the labourer job and learn from the bricklayers how to build properly, maybe in two years I could graduate from labourer to bricklayer.

Driving uber for two years stagnates your personal growth for two years. No valuable skill learned for two years, no reasonable experience gathered in two years. No real prospect for growth even if you save 3k/day.

Just me thinking out loud sha.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Epphy(m): 4:59pm On May 22, 2019
Stealth100:

You are very right. It has nothing to do with people not wanting to patronise local companies like Dru is painting it, it is all about what they can offer. Even the international (multinational) Uber & Bolt are being run by 99% Nigerian staff. If Oga Taxi & others get the right mix of funds & marketing, they would give Uber & Bolt a mighty fight.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Tyche(m): 5:09pm On May 22, 2019
jesusson2020:

The collabo that Ogun, Olumira and Amadioha will do on you is loading

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jarkbauer: 5:11pm On May 22, 2019
izzou:

There's is a place in Oshodi that wasn't a one-way before, but it's now a one way. If you're trying to connect Agege motor road from Oshodi via Anthony, youll see some touts there

I was about to pass it weeks back when my rider told me that the uber guy she used yesterday was caught by those touts. Na so I swerve enter the immediate exit grin

So now how do you navigate to Agege motor road from Anthony.
Apparently the road is not one way. But closed due to construction going in there.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 5:14pm On May 22, 2019
jarkbauer:

So now how do you navigate to Agege motor road from Anthony

What I meant was while coming from Anthony to Oshodi and then navigating to Agege motor road through Church street and Bolade

No vex. I no type the engriss well sad
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by BAZ001: 5:22pm On May 22, 2019
mrsage:

This explains why the white man was able to take our people out to Europe as Slaves through Badagry. Some people just have the wrong mindset.

Young man, your mindset is so wrong.

Slavery mentality after independence , oh nooo

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 5:45pm On May 22, 2019
Stealth100:

I kinda like the new dru. With all due respect bro, you sound even wiser now.

A bank manager with all that experience can easily get a job abroad and travel out. Same as our doctors and engineers.
What can someone with 5years uber driving experience do with it? That's what I mean by personal growth.

Also, a real graduate can easily get a teaching job while he/she search for a better one. Teachers earn real good now, with extra lesson income after school hours. And with enough time to read and further your studies if you desire. And the experience of a teaching job can always boost your CV. Again, what do you do with ehailing experience? A smart and brilliant graduate will hardly be jobless. But we all know the quality of graduates we produce in 9ja.
Personal growth and success varies from person to person.. Me I don't see myself working for somebody for the rest of my natural life o .. That is why am investing now ,at least worse comes to worse, I will have some financial control over my life. Personal growth with no money is a waste of time and resources.. People that became successful started small and grow. It starts with humble beginnings.. So the guy driving uber now ,if he plans it well and grind.. He can go from a driver to owners of fleet of cars on uber.. To me that is personal growth.. I spoke to one of my guys that just sold a Camry tokunbo to customers.. The customer has five cars on uber .. Na small.. Dangote started small ... God Bless our hustle.. With the oil situation am not asking you or upset that u didnt buy oil from me. After all when I started people were saying that I no fit sell like the other guys on nairaland.. I didnt give up ,at times I can't meet with demand.. God bless us all .. If we want to make changes with uber ,than we should do our own app. If you can't make changes than we should look somewhere else and stop complaining about uber this and uber that ..complaining will not stop or change anything..

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 6:02pm On May 22, 2019
Stealth100:

Than stop complaining about uber price. I respectfully mean it in a respectfully manner. You can sell all of your cars and invest in something else. And let those that I want do am let them do am . Nigeria is a free economy, anybody can invest

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 6:04pm On May 22, 2019
Stealth100:

What about forcing uber to adjust through industrial action? They don't have to leave, that's not the objective. But until drivers say NO, we will keep getting tossed around.

Better to quit than get toss around.. That is what I will do .... If I don't like my place of work ,I just look for something else ..complaining will not solve anything

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by timilehing(m): 6:06pm On May 22, 2019
dru23:

Well in that case ,maybe you should trade places with the guy that makes 10k a month. At the end of the day ,if uber decides to park up ,that will be at least give or take 2k jobs lost .. So what will now happen? If I decide to create my own app now like uber with better price and uber standard. Will you now patronise me ? Even the oil that I am selling, I market it to you and said you go buy, that was over two years ago .. Now my point is that Nigerians feel that they know too much and they can't make another man rich ontop their own money.. Nigerians hate to see other Nigerians grow ... ..that been said I respectfully and aggressively disagree with your point.
Executive cabs operate in Lagos long before Uber. As of 2009, guys are delivering 7.5k, 11k or 14k daily with brand new 2009 Toyota Avanza. Your delivery amount depends on whether company gives you customers (14k), share customer with company (11k) or look for your own customer (7.5k) It was so sweet then.
If Uber leaves today, only partners not driving will suffer. Drivers will always have a choice.
If that your Yankee people think like you, you won't be there now for a greener pasture. Shame on you

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by maczig: 6:06pm On May 22, 2019
dru23:

The car should not be having shaft issues at all . Especially if it is tokunbo.. My 2003 civic that I sold recently ,never had shaft or leg issue at all .. And the car was on uber for more than two years ... maybe corolla are not strong as what people make it to be ..
I really do not understand what u guys are trying to say here. So why can't the shaft pull or is the car damage proof? Dont you know the state of our roads and style of driving. A car that is being driven on these very bad roads at least 10hours/7 days a week will definitely develop one problem or the other and shaft is not exempted. Why do you people believe so much in tokunbos like this. A car that is over 14yrs old on the road before landing in Nigeria.

Dru23 you also mentioned that ur civic was driven on this same roads we ply everyday for two good years without any leg issue not even minor. So you want to tell us that during those times the civic was driven on these Lagos roads that no linkage, absorber pad, bushings, low arm or even brake pad sef wasn't replaced in the vehicle? You lie too much and it's unhealthy.

6 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by maczig: 6:13pm On May 22, 2019
dru23:

What you have just outlined in the foregoing should start from you. Why don't you set the ball rolling by buying all your ehailing cars from innoson instead of running after oyinbo civic. Be the first to do it at least you won't die

11 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Toseenlove: 6:14pm On May 22, 2019
Tyche:

You have revealed yourself as a low-life scum, with moral scruples worse than that of a gutter dwelling piq.

You always regale us with stories of Uber profitability, and your weekly savings, little did we know that you also eat up the weekly remittance of the partner. The truth always has a way of coming out.

Your type can't take care of any car entrusted to you, and will not think twice before driving through flooded areas, as long as you meet your target, after all, the patner makes 5k daily and you can call on him for repair.

This thread has seen a good number of scumbags and morally branckupt lepers like you. You will always go the way of others

Lol bros I swear u wicked.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Toseenlove: 6:20pm On May 22, 2019
Tyche:

WTF!!! Kindly quote the right person mbok
Lol this bros no get joy lol.....Someone cannot make a mistake In peace again.

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eherbal(m): 6:28pm On May 22, 2019
jesusson2020:

I'm coming ,pastor jesusson2020 cool

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Xneg: 6:31pm On May 22, 2019
maczig:
I really do not understand what u guys are trying to say here. So why can't the shaft pull or is the car damage proof? Dont you know the state of our roads and style of driving. A car that is being driven on these very bad roads at least 10hours/7 days a week will definitely develop one problem or the other and shaft is not exempted. Why do you people believe so much in tokunbos like this. A car that is over 14yrs old on the road before landing in Nigeria.

Dru23 you also mentioned that ur civic was driven on this same roads we ply everyday for two good years without any leg issue not even minor. So you want to tell us that during those times the civic was driven on these Lagos roads that no linkage, absorber pad, bushings, low arm or even brake pad sef wasn't replaced in the vehicle?

Not for a vehicle of 7 months old(almost brand new) , forget naija roads, a Toyota made in 2018 just 7 months old would not have a shaft issue in 7 months.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 6:35pm On May 22, 2019
maczig:
What you have just outlined in the foregoing should start from you. Why don't you set the ball rolling by buying all your ehailing cars from innoson instead of running after oyinbo civic. Be the first to do it at least you won't die

Am not complaining about uber price at all .. Can things get better of coz. Every business man wouldn't mind improvement in their business....
As a business man I learn to adapt to the changes in my business environment.. I have detail my experience both high and low .. I even share some secret to my success so far .. But Nigerians are too strong head and would not hear .. It is just a matter of time before I stop contributing to the forum ,I can't come and kill myself because I want to motivate people. It is tough enough motivating myself alone talkless of others..

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 6:39pm On May 22, 2019
maczig:

Dru23 you also mentioned that ur civic was driven on this same roads we ply everyday for two good years without any leg issue not even minor. So you want to tell us that during those times the civic was driven on these Lagos roads that no linkage, absorber pad, bushings, low arm or even brake pad sef wasn't replaced in the vehicle? You lie too much and it's unhealthy.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by dru23(m): 6:57pm On May 22, 2019
Stealth100:

And have you checked uber's ultimate goal? To develop driverless cars that will eliminate the need for them to partner with car owners/drivers. In other words, to eliminate drivers completely.

So the current model is just a means to an end. Drivers in America know this and the basis of their last strike was for them to be made full time employees of uber with health and retirement benefits instead of just partners, since uber sets all the condition.

The result of the protest and lawsuit? Uber committed $20million in bonus and special packages for their drivers in America just so they can go PLC.

Even this does not assure there will be no further law suits challenging their business model. In 9ja, we are sleeping hard. Even the slightest request, we can not make from these companies when we have so much collective power.

I wanted to give you a nice meme reply... but I stop.. This is it bro if the uber partners are expecting full benefits, insurance etc .. They are all smoking the strongest weed made available, you know weed is legal in some states now .. Now back to the matter uber will not give them benefits at all ,in a way the relationship between uber and partners/ driver is more like sub contract.. Uber gets a job via their app and than gives the job to drivers at a certain rate.. So do now want them to provide benefits to them ? I think you must have misunderstood the strike.. What they are fighting for is better price and lower commission.. What is the difference between uber and cab owners in the USA .. Not much o .. Should the cab driver be asking for benefits from cab owners? Uber drivers / partner work at their own time and work as much or as little as they want .. For any company to provide benefits you have to be full time employee.. If they are not happy they should either quit or do Lyft ,which is uber competitor... not by force. Those that are making it are making.. Just like in business u learn to adapt or adjust. I have that does uber in the USA ,he does not mind it .he does when he feels like and works out well for him

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1594) (1595) (1596) (1597) (1598) (1599) (1600) ... (5696) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: Djdamian(m), Pearl1910 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.