Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,397 members, 7,830,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:11 PM

If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here - Business (1790) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here (4802284 Views)

If You Are (uber/Taxify (bolt) e-hailing Partner In Port Harcourt, Come In. / If You Are Uber Partner In Abuja, Please Share Your Experience Here / See How To Register As An Uber Partner In Lagos Or Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1787) (1788) (1789) (1790) (1791) (1792) (1793) ... (5700) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Lawalmd(m): 8:40pm On Jul 22, 2019
jceesquare:

What's your experience like using an Accord for this business?
I'd appreciate if you give a comprehensive experience or if any other EOD driver does.
Thanks.
Honestly I haven't access how much fuel consumption it takes for a full days job but on Friday I did half day and made 12k gross with 4k fuel making a net of 8k after fuel but the traffic was really much
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by adsmaster: 8:51pm On Jul 22, 2019
pocohantas:

I like to think partnership is more about the deed legally binding the partners. It is also errorneous to think that every partner must participate in the work or share in the assets/liabilities of the business.

There are different types of partners, depending on the level of their participation or liability in the business.

Well said. I also want to chip these in, the owner of car is the limited partner while the driver is the general partner. Both parties are bringing something to the table.

One is bringing a physical or tangible resource (cash, the car) while the other is bringing in an intangible resource(his time,energy, doing the work also applying his intellect- knowing where to position, understanding the movement of the herds ((riders))...etc.

Please dont undervalue yourself there is tangible and in tangible asset......also people say cash is king, thats a myth that ahs been debunked, cash is not king cashflow is king...so if youre the one making the cash to flow...hahaha you are valuable my friend.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pocohantas(f): 8:53pm On Jul 22, 2019
izzou:

Really? What then makes him/her a partner?

I still understand you though

Once I declare intent, you accept and we have a LEGAL BACKING, I am a partner. I can decide to go home and sleep, depending on the agreement...I am still a PARTNER. tongue

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 8:56pm On Jul 22, 2019
pocohantas:

Once I declare intent, you accept and we have a LEGAL BACKING, I am a partner. I can decide to go home and sleep, depending on the contract...I am still a PARTNER. tongue

undecided

grin grin grin
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by adsmaster: 8:56pm On Jul 22, 2019
pearsy6:
Urgently looking for an uber/taxify driver around yaba, ebute metta, gbagada, shomolu, surulere with at least 6months driving experience on the platform for 30K weekly rental. Car is 04 Corolla in solid shape. You can WhatsApp only on 09091779094. Thanks.

Really!! 6 month experience!!! Ok

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by adsmaster: 9:00pm On Jul 22, 2019
Please experience folks that are familiar with lekki...where do one need to position from 7:30pm to 9pm if you find yourself or brings a rider from VI, ikoyo to jakande....biko, i done wait tire oh...my guts is telling me am swiming against the tides(workers or riders are coming back from work...i should be in VI,marina,awolowo road ikoyi...please confirm or correct me..
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 9:04pm On Jul 22, 2019
adsmaster:
Please experience folks that are familiar with lekki...where do one need to position from 7:30pm to 9pm if you find yourself or brings a rider from VI, ikoyo to jakande....biko, i done wait tire oh...my guts is telling me am swiming against the tides(workers or riders are coming back from work...i should be in VI,marina,awolowo road ikoyi...please confirm or correct me..

Where r u longing for?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by SHOOPSYN(m): 9:07pm On Jul 22, 2019
please guys, is there any particular site or means I can check car engine number, Toyota Yarris. To check this car engine number will require mechanic losing and tampering with the engine and I don't want him to. Thanks.
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 9:15pm On Jul 22, 2019
mrjaydee:
Guess who's back on the road Yeah u guessed right grin I'm back!! After 10days of just sleeping/resting/eating/and watching BBN cheesy

See as I be like virgin for steering feeling fresh!

Guys learn to take a time out once in a while...body no be firewood. Driving in Lagos is an Extreme sport..

You r welcome back boss... That's what this job and Lebanon job does to people, somehow u will find urself driving again. About restin, I think its personal, body reaction and shape you like to see yourself years from now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by peterdrury: 9:16pm On Jul 22, 2019
Please how good is this car for E hailing? please do share information if any, thanks.

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by adsmaster: 9:47pm On Jul 22, 2019
pope191:

Where r u longing for?

Areas that one will get request fast is number one

two.. areas for long trip to the mainland..
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by pope191: 10:16pm On Jul 22, 2019
adsmaster:

Areas that one will get request fast is number one

two.. areas for long trip to the mainland..

Boss your positioning matter as at this time and it is Monday, it takes absolute luck, tough my view. But next time on Monday your must learn to tidy your home coming on time, if you find yourself ard phase one, set ur destination, go to admiralty way and position, but if it is getting to 6/7 no short, jejely b driving thro d alternative route and position anywhere in Vi (You will get a trip to mainland, but Awolowo road is 75% certain). But if you find yourself ard Ajah, you either pick Thomas estate, orchid hotel road or lekki county home and set your destination, but if u join our chevron drive king, just hold mat, some will get trip & some will pass d night dia, it all depend on who d gods choose to bless. But mostly on taxify isolate yourself from drivers. My opinion sha

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by mrjaydee(m): 10:16pm On Jul 22, 2019
A partnership is a formal arrangement by two or more parties to manage and operate a business and share its profits.

An employee is an individual who was hired by an employer to do a specific job.

Who can correlate the two?

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by gnykelly(m): 10:49pm On Jul 22, 2019
Hi guys just got a car.

How do I register it on Uber. My passport photograph and DL are approved can't seem to find where to put vehicle details
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 10:55pm On Jul 22, 2019
jceesquare:

The bolded is so untrue. I understand there is inflation, but proper management, planning, strategy and good execution would give you what is obtainable anywhere in the world.

Have you laid rent in Lagos with Nigerian naira?

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Nobody: 10:59pm On Jul 22, 2019
jceesquare:

A lizard in Lagos would not become an Alligator in Washington just because it crossed the ocean to the white man's land.
If you have $100 and stay in a place like New York without proper planning, that $100 would not have any value to you.
Same thing applies to Lagos. If you have ₦36,000 and stay on the Island without proper planning, that money go finish in a night.
Hustle for your money and spend/invest wisely bro and you go dey all right. Money has one universal language everywhere in the world. If you live above your means or invest wrongly, you will get same result anywhere in the world.

And what is the inflation rate in New York and what is the inflation rate in the past four years for a fixed salary earner. Twist it or not Nigerian naira has no value. If I give you dollar now, you go accept with all alacrity. Spin not bro.

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 11:02pm On Jul 22, 2019
mrjaydee:
A partnership is a formal arrangement by two or more parties to manage and operate a business and share its profits.

An employee is an individual who was hired by an employer to do a specific job.

Who can correlate the two?
Okay let me twist English small. An employer is the one who pays an employee an agreed amount of money (mostly) as income on a daily/weekly/monthly basis. So in this ehailing business, we know the real employers cheesy

4 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Dbossmanager: 11:28pm On Jul 22, 2019
deedee44:

Okay let me twist English small. An employer is the one who pays an employee an agreed amount of money (mostly) as income on a daily/weekly/monthly basis. So in this ehailing business, we know the real employers cheesy
okay...so I bought a car mainly for the purpose of ehailing business....I put up an ad for a driver...I interviewed drivers... hired a driver to deliver to me a certain amount....do you still think we both own the business..thereby making us equal in the business...

Or....I have a car in my compound....a man comes to me to ask for the car for ehailing...we negotiated....he took the car and started the business....
Spot the difference....

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jceesquare(m): 11:30pm On Jul 22, 2019
Chuwaa:

And what is the inflation rate in New York and what is the inflation rate in the past four years for a fixed salary earner. Twist it or not Nigerian naira has no value. If I give you dollar now, you go accept with all alacrity. Spin not bro.
My point still stands.
Money has a universal language, and a wasteful spender would never amount to anything no matter how great the economy is.
The currency no really matter, na the person wey hold am be the koko.

5 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by jceesquare(m): 11:41pm On Jul 22, 2019
Lawalmd:

Honestly I haven't access how much fuel consumption it takes for a full days job but on Friday I did half day and made 12k gross with 4k fuel making a net of 8k after fuel but the traffic was really much
That's pretty cool. What's the total kilometers you drove, and how long did you stay in traffic?
I personally get pissed each time those over hyped Corolla pull up for a ride. It would be fun knowing how the Accord handles constant beating from Lagos road with the leg pull issue.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by adsmaster: 12:14am On Jul 23, 2019
pope191:

Boss your positioning matter as at this time and it is Monday, it takes absolute luck, tough my view. But next time on Monday your must learn to tidy your home coming on time, if you find yourself ard phase one, set ur destination, go to admiralty way and position, but if it is getting to 6/7 no short, jejely b driving thro d alternative route and position anywhere in Vi (You will get a trip to mainland, but Awolowo road is 75% certain). But if you find yourself ard Ajah, you either pick Thomas estate, orchid hotel road or lekki county home and set your destination, but if u join our chevron drive king, just hold mat, some will get trip & some will pass d night dia, it all depend on who d gods choose to bless. But mostly on taxify isolate yourself from drivers. My opinion sha

grin Pleaae the gods should bless us all in chevron drive..

Thanks for these data, u appreciate..
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by nofij(m): 3:27am On Jul 23, 2019
pocohantas:

Once I declare intent, you accept and we have a LEGAL BACKING, I am a partner. I can decide to go home and sleep, depending on the agreement...I am still a PARTNER. tongue

Just like a typical employee can decide not to turn up at the office you know?

Like the employer reserves the right to hire and fire at will, the car owner reserves the right to give and withdraw the car at will.

It is a typical employer-employee relationship my friend. For whatever expertise the driver is bringing, he/she will incur absolutely no losses if things turn sour. Plus, there are loads of drivers out there willing to take up the former’s chance.

I don’t think that is a partnership of any sort. wink

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 5:20am On Jul 23, 2019
Dbossmanager:
okay...so I bought a car mainly for the purpose of ehailing business....I put up an ad for a driver...I interviewed drivers... hired a driver to deliver to me a certain amount....do you still think we both own the business..thereby making us equal in the business...

Or....I have a car in my compound....a man comes to me to ask for the car for ehailing...we negotiated....he took the car and started the business....
Spot the difference....
If all the money goes to owner's account and at the end of the week he pays driver some amount, then he employed the driver, but if the driver is the one paying owner then there's no employee there's no employer. You have the right to see it differently though. I'm tired of this topic, case closed

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 5:23am On Jul 23, 2019
jceesquare:

That's pretty cool. What's the total kilometers you drove, and how long did you stay in traffic?
I personally get pissed each time those over hyped Corolla pull up for a ride. It would be fun knowing how the Accord handles constant beating from Lagos road with the leg pull issue.
It doesn't matter how much you get pissed off cheesy
Fact is.. Corolla is way more suitable for this business than EOD (for both owner and driver)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Epphy(m): 5:27am On Jul 23, 2019
izzou:
Epphy, how far?

Is the color of your car green? I saw a Nissan sometime last two weeks around Fourpoints cool

grin nope it's silver
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by Epphy(m): 5:56am On Jul 23, 2019
jceesquare:

YouTube video would help on how it's done.
Look for a competent mechanic that has the right tools and knows what he/she is doing for diagnosis and subsequent fix (if suggested).
Cost of proper overhaul to proper factory spec might be intimidating though. So keep that in mind mind if anyone tells you overhaul is cheaper than engine replacement.

Thanks so much. I will do as advised
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by keneryhark(m): 6:35am On Jul 23, 2019
The goal is to eradicate physical motor parks for interstate travel by creating an online community where drivers and passengers meet to commit to travel agreement and arrangement. This way the physical meeting can be at landmark locations in various geographical areas e.g malls,filling stations, eateries etc. Visit trek.com.ng to learn more. Powered by thoughtfulthinker
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by deedee44: 6:43am On Jul 23, 2019
keneryhark:
The goal is to eradicate physical motor parks for interstate travel by creating an online community where drivers and passengers meet to commit to travel agreement and arrangement. This way the physical meeting can be at landmark locations in various geographical areas e.g malls,filling stations, eateries etc. Visit trek.com.ng to learn more. Powered by thoughtfulthinker
Oluomo is coming for you grin

The goal is to make money jor wink

1 Like

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 8:14am On Jul 23, 2019
deedee44:

Oluomo is coming for you grin

The goal is to make money jor wink

He better deletes that in two market days grin

Kunle Poly is on this thread cool

2 Likes

Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by eherbal(m): 8:22am On Jul 23, 2019
izzou:

I just want to comment on the bolded from my own opinion..... Please, it's my opinion, so don't crucify me grin

The question I ask myself is "what exactly is the driver bringing to the table for him to be called a partner in this business?"

If I set up a food canteen: Furnish it with tables, chairs, curtains, tiles, TV, and I employ two ladies to cook and sell, and I tell them that for every plate they sell, I give them #150, will I really call this a partnership? When it is glaring that if anything happens to the shop, they(the two ladies) have nothing to lose?

Look at it from another angle.....

To be truthful to myself, I don't see it as a partner relationship. It's actually an employer-employee relationship

I see uber guys get serious accidents, and I ask myself...."What's the fate of the car owner? " Will the driver fix the car?

Bros, that's how I see this work oh... Na who provide and maintain motor be the oga grin
very surgical analysis.simply put.nice one bro. BTW,where you at the Afrikaans Shrine yesterday afternoon?
Re: If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here by izzou(m): 8:24am On Jul 23, 2019
eherbal:
very surgical analysis.simply put.nice one bro. BTW,where you at the Afrikaans Shrine yesterday afternoon?

grin grin

No oh

I didn't even work yesterday. But there's one elantra that really looks like mine. I met it at Marina. The guy driving it was surprised too

(1) (2) (3) ... (1787) (1788) (1789) (1790) (1791) (1792) (1793) ... (5700) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 12 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals➜ ➜ ➜ / Bankers For Baba-Ijebu (Premier-Lotto).

Viewing this topic: pope191 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.